• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I crashed his Game Fundamental tutorial class and spent a good half hour talking abour Journey. (There were only 5 or so actual students in the class and they were too busy playing Prototype) Ian is also the only reason I've ever played a Virtual Boy. That guy goes the extra mile in terms of engaging people. Or distracting them. Not sure which..
Why the fuck did I study boring ass Commerce rather than this heavenly sounding program

:(

Paramore are surprisingly tight musicians too.
Yeah I'll admit to enjoying their music a bit

No one here that went to Soundwave watched Tomahawk? Disappointing.
We are not worthy

I think one of blinks problems was the shitty tech design. All the other bands had a bit of lighting and footage of them on the big screens. Blink had these awful filters over the cameras with bananas and bombs floating around so you couldn't even see the band.
lol wut

Now that is weird lol

I just figured that breweries and what not would purify their water before production...
More fun to tell the kooks that the guberment force businesses to use fluridated water for everything :)

Kritz

Banned
Idea: beer flavoured, fruit shaped snacks.
Name: brewberries

Edit - reptile, because commerce will get you a job whereas game fundamentals gives you eye cancer and and irrational love of vector graphics.

Kritz

Banned
They cancelled Games Physics this year apparently. I caught it in the first year it ran.

I did it two years ago. I'm not a physics guy so for me it was really rough. Not the coding, but the bi-monthly physics homework. Considering I nearly failed college physic I don't know how I got a credit in games physics.

Wouldn't be surprise to see the games course disappear from utas. Not a market to move into it in the state, and not much more of one for the mainland. I can't imagine anyone hiring entry level game programmer, save for a startup.

But, yeah I heard about game physics. And games project is merged into regular projects now. Who knows how long fundamentals and design will last.

Currently doing advanced games programming this year. I don't think rob likes me very much after game production. I get the feeling he thinks I snubbed my other teammates out of helping me when instead it was just my other teammates weren't doing anything.

/blog

jambo

Theres no I in team!

sR5V0zU.jpg

mandiller

Whoops!

g65t0o0.jpg

Red faces over sliding drink-drive slogan

Tasmanian police have been left red-faced by a signage mishap on random breath-testing vans which encourages people to drink drive.

The vans have been emblazoned with the message: "Real mates don't let mates drink drive."

The slogan painted on the sides of vans used throughout the state shortens to "Real mates drink drive" when the sliding doors are open.

The signage was part of a major road safety campaign by police and included links to a website and social media page.

The Police Department has told officers to remove the slogans by the end of the week.

The department is yet to comment on the bungle.

It is not known how much the repainting will cost the cash-strapped department.

Source: ABC News

Rezbit

Not that I necessarily agree with it, but playing devil's advocate:

Where do you draw the line then? Is murdering 5000 people in GTA or COD okay? Or is it simply about "realism?" What do we do this coming generation when graphics are even better and developers can show deaths in whatever gruesome way they want? When GTA 6 comes out for next-gen consoles and features murdering 5000 people in greater detail, what then?

I guess we're probably all gonna be super desensitized to it anyway, until someone kicks it up a notch.

Tool-esque if you will.

Well the "line" in my opinion is really just dependent on context. Does it need to happen in the game? Does it create the kind of impact that makes the experience worthwhile?

In context of Tomb Raider it very well could be a good addition to the game, I don't know, I haven't played it. Although just on an outsider viewing it does seem like they could have a slightly different death animation. I can comment with more authority once I play the damn thing!

Rezbit

Well the "line" in my opinion is really just dependent on context. Does it need to happen in the game? Does it create the kind of impact that makes the experience worthwhile?

In context of Tomb Raider it very well could be a good addition to the game, I don't know, I haven't played it. Although just on an outsider viewing it does seem like they could have a slightly different death animation. I can comment with more authority once I play the damn thing!

In truth just based on that death I think the game should probably be R-rated. I'm not as fussed about it being in the game as such, but yeah, that is intense and has to be kept to 18+. Mind you I think a lot of games should be R-rated that got away with being a lot lower on the old classification system. Even that infamous airport scene in CoD, even though the gore might not be as crazy, thematically that was fucked up.

Anyway, random thoughts about violence in games!

Dat Activision $$$? Will be MA15.

In truth just based on that death I think the game should probably be R-rated. I'm not as fussed about it being in the game as such, but yeah, that is intense and has to be kept to 18+. Mind you I think a lot of games should be R-rated that got away with being a lot lower on the old classification system. Even that infamous airport scene in CoD, even though the gore might not be as crazy, thematically that was fucked up.

Anyway, random thoughts about violence in games!

Yep, perplexed at the use of the R rating so far.

Dead Space 3? Should be R but got MA
Random Japanese game with no shred of violence or sex? Should be G but got R

Fucking racists :/

Deeku

VLR vita get! But it seems Eu version doesn't have the english dub...not that I would use it anyway but it would have been nice! And god I hate it now when you open a new vita/sometimes 3ds game and there's no manual or even a piece of paper or something:(

VLR vita get! But it seems Eu version doesn't have the english dub...not that I would use it anyway but it would have been nice! And god I hate it now when you open a new vita/sometimes 3ds game and there's no manual or even a piece of paper or something:(

>.> I would be boned in that case! I will be careful where I import from, thanks Deek!

And god I hate it now when you open a new vita/sometimes 3ds game and there's no manual or even a piece of paper or something:(

I don't mind it with Vita games because in my experience a piece of paper in there means an online pass. Sucks when 3DS games barely even give you the N64-esque "quick guides".

Clipper

And god I hate it now when you open a new vita/sometimes 3ds game and there's no manual or even a piece of paper or something:(

Even some PS3 games now...
622F21A3-EC3D-42E0-8F16-52A780F5CD19-2258-000002A9A3F59A9E_zps528d59a0.jpg

Perhaps they decided to not include anything else in the case because the disc allows you to download the Vita version too... :p

hamchan

Since everyone is in the mood to be playing old FF games again, I started replaying FFVIII. 13 hours in and now I'm remembering all the things I liked about the game such as the better looking models compared to VII, Laguna sections, Triple Triad (best minigame ever invented). I also made the game super easy by using the junctioning system properly this time, so now enemies barely scratch me because I put the total hp and vit/spr stats way up.

I know the story gets super wacky near the end but I'm currently enjoying it.

Danoss

When dear old Gran tells you that you're a waste of space loser with no friends, no life and no future, maybe it's time to pack it up and call it a day.

Jintor

Wait why did you get the EU version at all? What with the no region locks

Since everyone is in the mood to be playing old FF games again, I started replaying FFVIII. 13 hours in and now I'm remembering all the things I liked about the game such as the better looking models compared to VII, Laguna sections, Triple Triad (best minigame ever invented). I also made the game super easy by using the junctioning system properly this time, so now enemies barely scratch me because I put the total hp and vit/spr stats way up.

I know the story gets super wacky near the end but I'm currently enjoying it.

Triple Triad is great until you spread random.

Any problems Final Fantasy VIII has are completely and utterly mitigated by Shuffle or Boogie.

You're the best people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom