• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis is banned? During Crysis 3 season? This cannot stand!

Fishpond are the wooooorst. I wouldn't risk it.
They have MotoGP 09/10 for $8, might risk it!

Still haven't got my Finding Nemo Leapster game I bought on eBay 3 fucking weeks ago now.
Fucking cunt eBay seller resold it I bet. Another item popped up right after I bought the first copy, with the same photo.
Fucking eBay. My son thinks the mail man is just super slow. Fucking buying anything locally, glad most of my disposable income goes overseas.

Another slow news day at Kotaku HQ. Time to trawl the forums for funnies!

Another slow news day at Kotaku HQ. Time to trawl the forums for funnies!
Not so fussed with the actual content--that's Kotaku's thing--I'm just annoyed that they think it's cool to dump 25MB of GIFs on people when they could use, I don't know, some sort of modern video format designed just for that?

maybe THQ should just put those properties on Steam. If Valve can sell hats, they can sell IP.
THQ should just sent an email to Jason Holtman. oh wait.

Still haven't got my Finding Nemo Leapster game I bought on eBay 3 fucking weeks ago now.
Fucking cunt eBay seller resold it I bet. Another item popped up right after I bought the first copy, with the same photo.
Fucking eBay. My son thinks the mail man is just super slow. Fucking buying anything locally, glad most of my disposable income goes overseas.

Lodge a PayPal/eBay complaint. That may hurry them up.

jambo

If anyone's interested we've been playing a bit of L4D2 again.

Played with Aniseed and Banana last night and I believe some others played as well earlier on. Omi seems keen too.

Latest addition to L4D2 is the Helms Deep Survival map which I am keen to check out.

Would also like to attempt some 4v4 Versus games, but that requires a lot of people!

jambo

Ummm...

71IfPSP.png

Played with Aniseed and Banana last night and I believe some others played as well earlier on. Omi seems keen too.

Latest addition to L4D2 is the Helms Deep Survival map which I am keen to check out.

Would also like to attempt some 4v4 Versus games, but that requires a lot of people!

Sign me up, L4D2 is great fun.

Kritz

Banned
Looks like for this year in uni I am going to be creating an iOS arg card game as my Project class. My group seems okay. I didn't get my number one choice of making a "subtractive game", primarily because I specified that I did not want to work with the two people who destroyed my game production game.

Team is mostly people experienced in Unity, we all have zero iOS knowledge, zero ar knowledge (but it will be supplied), two people can art, most of us can code.

So basically, we're making a card game with cutscenes.

And now I have a headache from these fucking tycho drums

I'd barely paid attention to Tomb Raider before now, but looking at reviews and the OT and I'm vaguely psyched. Well more psyched than "not planning to buy"

That's just classic Gawker Network though. Deadspin does the same thing. It's a funny post. I don't know what people expect from Kotaku, this is how the entire network operates
I expect exactly what they deliver!

Lodge a PayPal/eBay complaint. That may hurry them up.
I've given him until Friday for it to arrive, after that I will just go straight to Paypal.

I'm keen! Just have to redownload the damn thing.

My import copy of Metal Gear Rising already arrived. Very nicely done Beat the Bomb, will buy from you again.
What day did they advertise as the release day?
Was it an Import copy or a higher priced regular copy?
What day is it meant to release? Last Thursday?
Would be disappointed a little if they don't get it to you the day of release or the day after.

Well, this geeklist made me laugh. Certainly lightened my mood somewhat last night. When I saw the Dune boxart, I just about lost it.
Holy shit, lost it, way funnier than I expected.

Also this one.
pic1582543.png

I'd barely paid attention to Tomb Raider before now, but looking at reviews and the OT and I'm vaguely psyched. Well more psyched than "not planning to buy"
Eh, seems like a gritty Uncharted going by the videos I watched. Will pickup for $30ish on 360.

Danoss

My friend is running late for Seinfeld trivia, so I'll be meeting her friends without her very shortly. I'm shaking like Michael J.Fox. Fuck this social anxiety.

Dead Man

730 report making qlders look crazy. Sorry qldgaf. You crazy.

My friend is running late for Seinfeld trivia, so I'll be meeting her friends without her very shortly. I'm shaking like Michael J.Fox. Fuck this social anxiety.
It's an opportunity to impress! You'll be fine.

The question is, do they care? Doubt it, we are just those southern folk.

what was it about btw?
Oh, we know and we care. It's just that we have to exist with them, y'know. You don't tell crazy people that they're crazy people to their faces. You just nod and smile politely.

And then back away and lock yourself in your house until daylight returns.

Danoss

Usually once I meet new people it's alright, but I'm always a little nervous beforehand. Tonight was just the worst it had ever been, I was shaking, which is not something that has happened before.

Anyway, tonight was awesome. Seinfeld trivia was the best idea ever! Some really difficult questions for sure, and some other teams had big enough nerds to know the answers to the real stumpers. All up there were 40 teams there, which was ridiculous and unexpected.

A couple of highlights were people singing along with George's answering machine song during an interlude; a competition for who could say "these pretzels are making me thirsty" the best; and an Elaine dance-off. Best team name was "we are sponge-worthy".

Dead Man

Well, I just walked in the door and copped an earful for no reason. Night ruined.

Please, someone shoot me in the head.

Nah, sounds like you had a great night, and came home to a bit of shit. Seinfeld trivia sounds like it was a blast, massive turnout always helps a quiznight.

Danoss

I just don't need it. I just wanted to come in, chill for a bit and then go to bed. Instead I get, "Oh, I was just about to go to bed, but now you're here I'm going to scream at you for a while". Now I'm wound up and won't be able to sleep for some time. I already had it before I left when she felt like throwing a fit because she didn't want to eat dinner 30 mins earlier than usual, then again because she didn't want to take her medication.

It's not often I meet new people who seem to like me and enjoy my company. I came home feeling elated from what most people would call a normal night out. When I have to come home to that, it just brings me crashing down so hard it hurts.

I know I'm being a whiny bitch about it, but... I dunno.

Danoss

Yeah, fair call. Downs after ups can be much worse than just the down itself.

So very true, Dead Man.

It's a shame that the only way to prevent such severe things from happening is to avoid that which makes you so happy to begin with. That's not much of a life unfortunately. Just have to take the good with the bad because it could always be worse.

Anyway, thanks Gaz and Dead Man. It was a great night out and well worth stealing or suggesting if the situation arises.

The prizes tonight were awesome. Kramerica T-shirts, Jujyfruits, Junior Mints, "The Kramer" poster and of course, Pretzels.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Danoss, You're a pro speaker guy. What is this in the picture and any idea what caused it? I'm guessing just manufacturing defect.

http://i.imgur.com/EdC037J.jpg

It's an amazing quality picture ... But at the top speaker thingy, there's lots of little dots on the, what i imagine to be, soft material.

Clearly I know my speaker terminology, My geek cred has dropped 10000 points.

I'm guessing I will need to take it back to the store. No major issues with it though sound wise, there has been a few small hiccups but I get the feeling that's because of the mp3s in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom