• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

When dear old Gran tells you that you're a waste of space loser with no friends, no life and no future, maybe it's time to pack it up and call it a day.

Mate, ouch. I hope she doesn't truly mean it and was speaking without thinking a bit. In any case, don't believe it. You've definitely got friends in us and stuff and things will surely turn around for you.

Jintor

fishpond are pretty terrible. weirdly enough they are a really good source for my moleskine notebooks/notepads i love so i put up with the two weeks or so they take to ship anything

danoss you're cool.

Dead Man

When dear old Gran tells you that you're a waste of space loser with no friends, no life and no future, maybe it's time to pack it up and call it a day.

Nah, it just means dear old Gran is losing some neurons and probably has less control over what comes out of her moutth, sadly. Doesn't make it any easier to take sometimes, but it's important to remember what happens to peoples brains as they get older is not always conducive to good relationships.

But if you were to pack it up, I don't think anyone would blame you, you can only do what you can do.

Unless packing it up meant topping yourself, in which case GAF would not be amused.

Shit, this has not gone as I expected.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP DANOSS, YOU ARE AWESOME.

That's better :)

Danoss

Thanks for the kind words guys (and for the laugh, Dead Man), I think I just need to vent. Hearing stuff like that all the time is just hard when there isn't much relief from it. The rest of what she's been saying hasn't been much nicer, and I'm glad other people don't seem to believe most of the stuff she says to them about me.

That last thing has just set off my depression like a fucking bomb. Trying to climb my way out now, and the posts above seem to be helping.

I've got a Seinfeld trivia thing tomorrow night, so that's something.

Axiom

If there's anything I've learned about dealing with my own anxiety and depression, it's that (mostly) family will acknowledge any problems you have on a surface level but refuse to understand and will talk shit about you regardless.

Even if it's just explained as 'tough love', it's utterly pointless because you'll already be feeling that way and giving voice to the negative thoughts that keep you in the hole in the first place is not only not news, but extremely unhelpful given family are supposed to give a shit.

I'm so over family opinion, and it was when I discovered that they thought my father was faking his illness to rout the system right up until it killed him, I realised how shallow the whole idea is. You may be born into a family, but that doesn't make those people in any way your actual family.

And if they're not acting like family, you don't need to give one fuck what they have to say.

Deeku

Even some PS3 games now...
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/622F21A3-EC3D-42E0-8F16-52A780F5CD19-2258-000002A9A3F59A9E_zps528d59a0.jpg[IMG]

Perhaps they decided to not include anything else in the case because the disc allows you to download the Vita version too... :p[/QUOTE]
so bad!

[quote="Jintor, post: 48319620"]Wait why did you get the EU version at all? What with the no region locks[/QUOTE]
Cos I could get it for 25 bucks at ozgameshop with coupon, and I didn't know better lol.

Thanks for the kind words guys (and for the laugh, Dead Man), I think I just need to vent. Hearing stuff like that all the time is just hard when there isn't much relief from it. The rest of what she's been saying hasn't been much nicer, and I'm glad other people don't seem to believe most of the stuff she says to them about me.

That last thing has just set off my depression like a fucking bomb. Trying to climb my way out now, and the posts above seem to be helping.

Try and remember that everything will be blown up x1000 because she is cut off from the world with just you.

It's a cliche I know but try and get out as much as possible, even if it is only just going down to the same milk bar every day for a coke. Being involved in that microcosm of society can help to lessen these outbursts at you and remind you that it is only one person saying these things.

Also I cannot think of anything happier than Seinfeld trivia, maybe Simpsons trivia but then there is the reminder of the last 12 years of Simpsons :/

(started rewatching Seinfeld again last week, OMG IT CANNOT BE STATED HOW FUNNY IT STILL IS)
:)

I'm just past the prison part of FFVIII Disc 2 and my Squall has 3700 HP omgwtf.

Life junctioned to HP.
HP +20%
HP +40%

Yeah the junction system really broke FF8. From like the first battle lol

Bring back materia imo.

CO-SIGNED

UMlUj98.jpg

My dream is for FF7HD to be released pre-installed on a next gen console exclusively. IMAGINE THE MELTDOWNS HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Omikron

I never really got Square's constant redesigning of the overall magic/job/thing systems. They fucked it up so many times.

FFX was horrid

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I met a fluoride crazy at a party over New Year's. Was a full-on conspiracy nut, had a keyring radiation detector and everything. Remarked on being unhappy with a couple of us drinking tap water through the evening.
Argh - now you understand what I deal with every minute of the day!

Jintor

Holy shit Metal Gear Rising is fun. Don't know what Vince was on about re: parrying, I can parry almost all the time, it's the blade mode thing I'm still having mental trouble getting my head around

/edit also, fuck dat camera

Danoss

Try and remember that everything will be blown up x1000 because she is cut off from the world with just you.

It's a cliche I know but try and get out as much as possible, even if it is only just going down to the same milk bar every day for a coke. Being involved in that microcosm of society can help to lessen these outbursts at you and remind you that it is only one person saying these things.

Once my lobes have healed, I'll be able to hop on my motorcycle and just fuck off somewhere. I miss being able to do that. Right now, my helmet just wants to rip my piercings out, which clearly is not good for them. I haven't even been able to go and renew its registration.

I could walk but my place is hilly, everything is far away and being rather housebound has increased the size of my waist and decreased my fitness to a laughably low level. Lack of motivation is also a contributing factor.

Also I cannot think of anything happier than Seinfeld trivia, maybe Simpsons trivia but then there is the reminder of the last 12 years of Simpsons :/

(started rewatching Seinfeld again last week, OMG IT CANNOT BE STATED HOW FUNNY IT STILL IS)

I'm looking forward to it. Though it's a bonus on top of hanging out with a very cool person and her friends I haven't met.

I started watching Seinfeld again after being invited to this thing. I knew it was funny, but I forgot how funny. Truly a great show. Seeing this time around in widescreen is fantastic too.

Salazar

I met a fluoride crazy at a party over New Year's. Was a full-on conspiracy nut, had a keyring radiation detector and everything. Remarked on being unhappy with a couple of us drinking tap water through the evening.

lol

I lost a front tooth on Sunday night. Well, the repair work from when it got bashed out at football a few years back.

The new toof is extra-thick. I am about a millimetre away from having a (doubtless endearing) speech impediment.

Oh, and hooray. Start of semester fun.

Late to the party but chin up danoss. You're a champ dude.

What really amazes me about the Simpsons is that I still consider it a good show. Like since, what? Season 12?, its been poo. But those original seasons were so good, in my mind its still in positive overall territory

Deeku

Hmm it seems I've got confirmation on my serviced apartment, woo! So that means I have less than 2 weeks before I leave the country for a long while:eek:

Therefore I've come up with pretty solid list of productive things to do before that while I'm technically unemployed:

-finish FF13
-finish FF13-2..lol
-watch anime

Jintor

i need to reboot back into 'go to uni don't fail any courses or you'll be stuck here forever' mindset

JET

gotta get me some jet

Jintor

Fishpond are the wooooorst. I wouldn't risk it.

Haha, as if to confirm my point I ordered a moleskine off them like a week ago, I just got confirmation that it's actually shipping today. I mean, I don't really mind, they ship for about half the price of everywhere else, it's just the delivery time is so bloated. Good thing moleskines aren't really a time sensitive thingy.

Stackboy

Chin up Danoss, things always get better. It sounds cliche, but it's the general rule. Getting out and about and in some sunlight does wonders. And always remember......VIDEO GAMES.

jambo

THQ now selling off Darksiders, Homeworld, Red Faction and More

- Darksiders
- Red Faction
- Homeworld
- MX

All above will be sold separately

- Big Beach Sports
- Destroy All Humans!
- Summoner
- "more"

Included in the internal bundle

- Marvel Super Hero
- Supreme Commander
- Worms
- "more"

make up the licensed pack

Final bids for the properties are due on April 15.

Really hope SEGA picks up Homeworld for Relic to play with and I hope someone good gets Worms and SupCom...

jambo

I think they already said they aren't interested in it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389253/crytek-does-not-want-to-continue-with-darksiders-3/

"We were surprised when nobody bid on Vigil", Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told GamesBeat. "We would have liked to have bid, but there were too many unknowns."

"We had chosen Austin as the destination for [our U.S. branch], and we needed a lean and core team of experts to run the studio. At the same time, we didn't want to continue with Darksiders 3, since that doesn't fit with our strategy. So when I heard that [THQ laid off everyone at Vigil], I decided on Saturday morning to fly out to meet with them to see if the team would be interested to join our mission, which is significantly different than what this team has done before."

=[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom