• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Shanshan.

I think about moving out all the time. I think it's now past the point where I need to start thinking about myself. She certainly needs care, but the cost is becoming a bit too high. I've got a bunch of financial stuff I need to have taken care of before I can realistically begin to look at doing that. I'm working on it, but it'll take some time.

Well, that's something :) It can't be easy, especially with the cost of living what it is. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

Ten-year-old me was kick-arse at video games. Thirty-one-year-old me is horrendously bad.

I don't think I was ever good at video games :p I am however weirdly lucky, so tabletop games appear to be my calling.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The extent of my Metal Gear knowledge is from those hiimdaisy comics a while back
You should do a playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 1-3 for some of the greatest experiences that can ever be had in a video game. 4 has it's moments of pure brilliance too, with a lot of bad moments in between them though.;p

Danoss

Well, that's something :) It can't be easy, especially with the cost of living what it is. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

A shared place would definitely be a thing I'd have to do. If I was looking now, one person I know and another I met last night are currently looking for a place. It'd be good timing if I was too, I would totally impose. Ah well.

I don't think I was ever good at video games :p I am however weirdly lucky, so tabletop games appear to be my calling.

I had to pick my games. Side scrolling shooters in particular would be my undoing. I remember doing well at Bionic Commando and Kid Icarus and others, wait, they weren't that hard were they? Well, maybe I'm mis-remembering. Shit. I was definitely good at some other stuff though.

Tabletop games seem to agree with me now too. I may not be that good at them, but that doesn't matter. At least they don't close the box on me and say "you're too shit, get better and try again later".

I had tons of problems with Bionic Commando. I think mainly because you couldn't jump. Kid Icarus I managed to finish many, many times, and even knew how to get each different ending. Got near the end in Ninja Gaiden a few times but don't think I ever finished it. Same with Mega Man I believe.

Tried Rockman on Famicom last year and it was still as hard as ever.

Not being able to jump is part of the charm of Bionic Commando. The problem is that you can only take one hit to start with. Once you grind out a few health points it gets more manageable and becomes more about your swinging skills.

trinest

OzGameShop have been selling ex-display stock for a while now. Current deal is 2 for $22! Includes Red Steel 2 on Wii, Last Window on DS, LAST WINDOW ON DS YOU FUCKERS GO FUCKING BUY IT IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT!!!, Cursed Mountain on Wii, Viva Pinata on DS, or just BUY TWO COPIES OF LAST WINDOW FFS!.

Anyone without Last Window isn't my friend.

Fogz

Dragon Quest VI is a steal at that price too.

Picked up Last Window (so we can be friends again) and FF 4 Heroes of Light

Jintor

Is there a way to force Amazon to sort by being able to ship to my goddamn shipping address?

/edit international shipping checkbox option on the left, nevermind

jambo

Just in case anyone in Adelaide hasn't heard or has forgotten, Paul Kelly and Neil Finn are playing a free concert tomorrow night to open the Adelaide Festival. They're playing a 2-hour set starting from 8.30pm in Elder Park.

Having significant quantities of money to spend is such a new feeling for me. I went to look at the new EB store in my local supermarket the other day and had this weird impulse to buy a PS Vita when I realized I could buy one on the spot. I don't want one, but the fact that I could get one seemed strangely alluring.

I've gone from that to being tight on money again.

I used to be buying Portal guns, Lightsabers, video games and all kinds of crap on a whim. I once did a ThinkGeek order with some mates that came to a total of $1,100 (incl shipping), but now I can't even buy Crysis 3 or SimCity for the foreseeable future.

(Also I do have a Vita from back then haha)

Omikron

Yeah Trackmania 2 is a lot of fun, even just playing SP for times listening to music. UI has been scrubbed up since I last played it, which is nice.

jambo

I downloaded Canyon and Stadium on Steam tonight, might give them a quick whirl. Definitely going to play a bit more on the weekend.

Rezbit

Hamchan how do I beat
Monsoon
in Metal Gear Rising? It keeps putting the camera on the ground and I hate it. Is it really just parryparryparry the fight?

Jintor

EMP grenade his ass when he goes all purple. If you can pull of a perfect parry it'll let you enter blade mode and cut off his head for a bit and you can stomp it a bit while it's on the ground, otherwise just parry to the end of his mist-fog chain and it'll give you a similar chance.

lol the milk crate we get vegtables from the in-laws farm in quickly became the cats house. Dragged it in there from the kitchen while we weren't looking. Doesn't look as comfy as his big pillow but it must be good on his back or something

20130225_224551zpuba.jpg

Takes all his naps in there now!

That cat is adorable. I've never had a cat, how is it different from having a dog?

Congrats! Never had that cider tbh. I can handle drinking Castaway cider though so I am getting the feeling that my opinion on alcohol probably doesn't carry much weight

:/

Thanks. Where is cods when you need him?

That cat is adorable. I've never had a cat, how is it different from having a dog?

It is like having a little person with you.
They are way more developed than a child.
They are precocious little scamps, always plotting their next jaunt.

I fucking love cats. They can function on their own yet still get emotionally attached to the point of waiting by your sons door while he is away at day care. All sad and wistful like.

Also unlike a dog you just own a cat. It just exists in your life, you don't need to do shit for it aside from feed it. None of this walking bullshit.

Rezbit

EMP grenade his ass when he goes all purple. If you can pull of a perfect parry it'll let you enter blade mode and cut off his head for a bit and you can stomp it a bit while it's on the ground, otherwise just parry to the end of his mist-fog chain and it'll give you a similar chance.

I must be retarded. Even when I EMP half the time blade mode strikes won't even hit the head. It's a pretty bad boss fight, really highlights the flaws of the game. I just wanna go back to killing waves of shitty guys!

hamchan

Hamchan how do I beat
Monsoon
in Metal Gear Rising? It keeps putting the camera on the ground and I hate it. Is it really just parryparryparry the fight?

I dunno, I just keep slashing and blocking him until I manage to hit his head somehow!

Jintor

I must be retarded. Even when I EMP half the time blade mode strikes won't even hit the head. It's a pretty bad boss fight, really highlights the flaws of the game. I just wanna go back to killing waves of shitty guys!

Aim the camera with left stick to centre the square in the middle of the screen before you start hacking away.

It's not my favourite boss fight, but I think it's pretty decent. If you don't get the hang of being able to blade strike with accuracy before Sundowner and especially before the Final Boss, you're gonna have a rough time.

Rezbit

Aim the camera with left stick to centre the square in the middle of the screen before you start hacking away.

It's not my favourite boss fight, but I think it's pretty decent. If you don't get the hang of being able to blade strike with accuracy before Sundowner and especially before the Final Boss, you're gonna have a rough time.

Yeah I know that much, just seemed to not register for whatever reason, dunno if I was mashing too quick or what. Anyway, did it pretty easily just then by being more defensive, also you can parry the Lorenzo's Oil thing too. The camera going to ground really annoyed me, I found I was battling with the camera half the fight. Yes it might look cool, but it's not functional for me.

Was weird seeing young(er) Dr. Karl in a video today. He had hair and, more importantly, wasn't wearing one of his trademark lairy shirts! Young Georgie Parker was cute though.

Kritz

Banned
I'm all up in Canyon because I dunno what Stadium Beta is, and I really don't want to pay more money for a trackmania game. TM2 is fine, and so was the free version of TM1, but y'all they need to work out a decent F2P model or something because TM2 totally wasn't worth whatever money I paid for it. And I played TM2 quite a bit.

jambo

As far as I can tell Stadium is identical to United/Nations Forever which is a little disappointing.

I really liked Canyon, definitely keen to play some of that, plus it has more tracks atm as Stadium is still in beta.

And still keen for L4D2, just busy atm. Concert tonight, then V8 Supercars on Saturday and a house warming party Saturday night. I should be free most of Sunday though.

happy 2 month aniversary finger
not really been keeping up with pics the last few weeks
looks less bent than it did a few weeks ago
but like twice as swollen, except its scar tissue so its hard as a rock and looks like i have 2 thumbs
..... you know what i mean.

I fucking love cats. They can function on their own yet still get emotionally attached to the point of waiting by your sons door while he is away at day care. All sad and wistful like.

Also unlike a dog you just own a cat. It just exists in your life, you don't need to do shit for it aside from feed it. None of this walking bullshit.

I was a dog person till we got a cat. Now it's like, what's that stupid thing peeing on the tree?

Cats will sleep for 16-20 hours a day. Not necessarily the same time you sleep though.
Cats are much quieter than dogs.
Cats are much cleaner than dogs. clean the litter tray 2-3 times a week and that's it. They'll take care of the cleaning. Put deodorizer under the litter and you'll never smell the worst of it.
Cats don't need to be walked, but they still need some exercise but it's much more random (but if you want to see them run up and down, don't change their litter).
The only toy they need is a bit of string.
Cats have a strong right hook.
Cats sometimes talk to you when there's a break in the conversation.
Cats will kill you if you let your guard down.
Cats need a hug but are way less needy than dogs.
Cats run the Illumunati with a brutal paw.
Cats need their claws cut regularly otherwise they get distressed and rip up your carpet
Cats will kill you if you try and clip their nails. A good vet will trim the cat's claws for free.

senahorse

I am a cat person also, can't stand dogs (especially in suburbia). However the bolded is completely wrong. The sooner you realise the cat owns you, and it's your house not theirs the better and you can all get along without worrying of them sucking your soul away at night.

I had to pick my games. Side scrolling shooters in particular would be my undoing. I remember doing well at Bionic Commando and Kid Icarus and others, wait, they weren't that hard were they? Well, maybe I'm mis-remembering. Shit. I was definitely good at some other stuff though.

If you're talking about the NES Kid Icarus, that's fucking ridiculously hard.

Cats are cunts, dogs are infinitely better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKAVyXi0J4

There's a reason they're called man's best friend.

Yep. Dogs > cats, though I love cats too. And rabbits. My girlfriends rabbits are the cutest! Here's one on my cruiser skateboard, here's another! Here's her little sisters dog that I wish was mine. Breed:
(Rottweiler/Labrador mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom