• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm so very excited for you. Moving is tough. Moving to another country is tougher. Changing companies to do so is insane (but not in a pejorative sense)! I'm equally mad jelly and nervous for you. I'm counting on the universe paying you massive dividends for you gambit, though, so I'm not really nervous nervous.

It's fantastic though that your taking this opportunity. The older you get the less adventurous you get; well, the majority of people do. This is the best time for you to do it, and regardless of the final outcome of this, I'm sure it will be something that you'll always remember and will always recall as a positive action in your life. I'm mean, freaking hell, you're going to go work in another country!! The amount that you'll learn and grow as a person over the next 6-12 months will change you fundamentally for the better.

And you leave Monday?!? Wow, enjoy the rest of the weekend, deek. You know, if you need someone to eBaylook after boxes of old games for you... :p

Jintor

If you're not too busy packing or saying goodbye to the people you actually know irl we should go grab a drink in the arvo or something deek!

Dead Man

Woo, PS3 up and running. Replaying RDR. My awesome MP save is gone I will miss riding my super donkey, but oh well. RDR is still fantastic.

Good luck Deek!!

Woo, PS3 up and running. Replaying RDR. My awesome MP save is gone I will miss riding my super donkey, but oh well. RDR is still fantastic.
Glad to hear it's back up and running. You do realise that Super Donkeys are crap, don't you? Now Donkey Women, on the otherhand... now that's where it's at.

Okay, internet, you constantly barrage me with subliminal and overt messages that you want me to buy Tomb Raider. You get good reviews just to piss me off. You get the podcasts I listen to to talk it up. Fine. FINE!! I bought you. You happy?

Shut up and let me play you.

Dead Man

Glad to hear it's back up and running. You do realise that Super Donkeys are crap, don't you? Now Donkey Women, on the otherhand... now that's where it's at.

Okay, internet, you constantly barrage me with subliminal and overt messages that you want me to buy Tomb Raider. You get good reviews just to piss me off. You get the podcasts I listen to to talk it up. Fine. FINE!! I bought you. You happy?

Shut up and let me play you.

LOL

markot

Banned
good

Definition of GOOD
a (1) : of a favorable character or tendency <good news> (2) : bountiful, fertile <good land> (3) : handsome, attractive <good looks>
b (1) : suitable, fit <good to eat> (2) : free from injury or disease <one good arm> (3) : not depreciated <bad money drives out good> (4) : commercially sound <a good risk> (5) : that can be relied on <good for another year> <good for a hundred dollars> <always good for a laugh> (6) : profitable, advantageous <made a very good deal>
c (1) : agreeable, pleasant <had a good time> (2) : salutary, wholesome <good for a cold> (3) : amusing, clever <a good joke>
d (1) : of a noticeably large size or quantity : considerable <won by a good margin> <a good bit of the time> (2) : full <waited a good hour> (3) —used as an intensive <a good many of us>
e (1) : well-founded, cogent <good reasons> (2) : true <holds good for society at large> (3) : deserving of respect : honorable <in good standing> (4) : legally valid or effectual <good title>
f (1) : adequate, satisfactory <good care> —often used in faint praise <his serve is only good — Frank Deford> (2) : conforming to a standard <good English> (3) : choice, discriminating <good taste> (4) : containing less fat and being less tender than higher grades —used of meat and especially of beef
a (1) : virtuous, right, commendable <a good person> <good conduct> (2) : kind, benevolent <good intentions>
b : upper-class <a good family>
c : competent, skillful <a good doctor>
d (1) : loyal <a good party man> <a good Catholic> (2) : close <a good friend>
e : free from infirmity or sorrow <I feel good>
— good·ish adjective
— as good as
: in effect : virtually <as good as dead>
— as good as gold
: of the highest worth or reliability <his promise is as good as gold>
: well-behaved <the child was as good as gold>
— good and
: very, entirely <was good and mad>
See good defined for English-language learners »
See good defined for kids »
Usage Discussion of GOOD
An old notion that it is wrong to say “I feel good” in reference to health still occasionally appears in print. The origins of this notion are obscure, but they seem to combine someone's idea that good should be reserved to describe virtue and uncertainty about whether an adverb or an adjective should follow feel. Today nearly everyone agrees that both good and well can be predicate adjectives after feel. Both are used to express good health, but good may connote good spirits in addition to good health.
Examples of GOOD

You'll need better tools for this job.
The car is in good condition.
There are some good restaurants in this neighborhood.
I'm afraid your work is just not good enough.
Keep up the good work.
“Would you hire her again?” “Yes, I would. She does good work.”
The food was good but not great.
He has done good but not outstanding work.
Did you have a good time at the party?
We're expecting good weather for the weekend.

Origin of GOOD
Middle English, from Old English g&#333;d; akin to Old High German guot good, Middle High German gatern to unite, Sanskrit gadhya what one clings to
First Known Use: before 12th century

jambo

Here's a comparison of SimCity 5 and SimCity 4 city sizes:

The below is the max size of a SimCity 5 city, inside a SimCity 4 region
37474-simcity-4-windows-screenshot-the-region-screen-where-you-can.jpg

Also the custom regions in SimCity 4 can be up to 5 times the size of the above default one.

KZ Mercenaries in September.

I thought he said good?

Dead Man

Here's a comparison of SimCity 5 and SimCity 4 city sizes:

The below is the max size of a SimCity 5 city, inside a SimCity 4 region

Also the custom regions in SimCity 4 can be up to 5 times the size of the above default one.

Jesus. Simvillage

Deeku

man i was never able to make my city that nice lookin in SC4:/

and thanks for all the good luck wishes, ausgaf truly is bestgaf <333

edit

What kind of financial start up is it?
investment management. pretty different area for me since my background is more corporate advisory type stuff but learning new stuff is always coooool. good thing my semi-decent excel skills should translate over nicely

If you're not too busy packing or saying goodbye to the people you actually know irl we should go grab a drink in the arvo or something deek!
won't have time, but eh it would be wayy cooler to hang at your jet school in japan!

Also no terraforming and the inclusion of griefing from other players are on my con list.

That makes me want to get SC4 so bad. I never played it before, but loved every simcity before it. Don't know why I skipped it. Thread is awesome.

Had major issues at launch if I remember correctly

lol

Rahk

so none >.<
Monster Hunter: Clone #1
Monster Hunter: Clone #2
Monster Hunter: Clone Gundam
Monster Hunter: 2D Clone
Dynasty Warriors: Clone

-----

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Atelier Totori Plus
God Eater 2
Final Fantasy X HD
Velocity Ultra
Starlight Inception (?)

Also looks like indie devs are beginning to show more interest. Hotline Miami, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and possibly Robert Boyd's new game.

Deeku

lol none of those games are really relevant to markot, or even maybe the average vita owner except maybe monhun.

all those are on my radar though, i really need to grab a copy of Ys!

Rahk

lol none of those games are really relevant to markot, or even maybe the average vita owner except maybe monhun.

all those are on my radar though, i really need to grab a copy of Ys!
Pretty much! There's not a whole lot of western support. Tearaway is probably the only one of interest for most people.

How about Bioshock? That's still coming, right??

All the best for Hong Kong. Should be fun!

Killzone Vita looks incredible. Really looking forward to that one.

Also I now really want to drive back home and track down my copies of SimTown and SimFarm. They were sooooooooo much fun.

Plus if you/jint end up working in Japan (or anyone else who might be in HK/Japan), I will totally come hang out since it's only a cheapish 3 hour flight away:D
Deek-Jint-Shan-whoever else wants to come meet up in Japan next year!

I would think the fun part would be to let him be a giant dick if that's what he wants, otherwise his character has no agency. Other characters would pull him into line if he wasn't toeing the party line. This way he might still be dickish, but reign himself in. But then again, it's D&D and there's often no player agency anyway. I'll stop now, this isn't game session critique.

As for context, I later noticed that's provided in the video description. A little extra detail there would help, especially in the first video. Why is he taking a lung? Is this something his character does, is he improvising something or is this just a random moment that made no sense?

Yeah, I think we might end up making an intro video. The series kind of started as a 'random moments' thing and then grew into 'well I'll just animate the story'.

magenta

We have not crossed paths at all but I just wanna say good luck commanderdeek, I hope it works out for you. I also want to be able to move away from Sydney later this year.

mandiller

The Sim City server that the AusGaf region is on (Oceanic 1) is full and won't let me on. Woohoo. Thanks Sim City for making my cities live on only specific servers.

Other than the server problems I'm really enjoying the game when I actually get to play.

The Sim City server that the AusGaf region is on (Oceanic 1) is full and won't let me on. Woohoo. Thanks Sim City for making my cities live on only specific servers.

Other than the server problems I'm really enjoying the game when I actually get to play.

I'm just playing alone at the moment and enjoying it. It keeps on telling me the servers are down but it doesn't do anything.
Once I've got this game vaguely sorted, I might track down the AusGaf region. i've also sent people friend requests as I realised I don't think I've ever used Origin since I installed it

Jintor

Went to Cogee beach with some mates. Tossed a ball around. Some dickhead stole it and ran us in circles for 10 minutes.

Deeku

shoulda dobbed on him to the teacher jint!

Deek-Jint-Shan-whoever else wants to come meet up in Japan next year!
this would be, like, amaaaaaazing. but it would take some serious trip/itinerary coordination and planning skills, skills that i severely lack!

magenta said:
We have not crossed paths at all but I just wanna say good luck commanderdeek, I hope it works out for you. I also want to be able to move away from Sydney later this year.
nah i remember you! and thanks, hope you can make it japan or skorea soon:) (that's you right? if not oops lol)

investment management. pretty different area for me since my background is more corporate advisory type stuff but learning new stuff is always coooool. good thing my semi-decent excel skills should translate over nicely

Good field to get into, especially if your good. Hello bonus time.

I spent all night playing Lollipop Chainsaw which I got for $15.

It is awesome. Although you can't get any of the pre-order costumes any more which sucks.

Jintor

Meh, it's a fun ride but it controls awkwardly as hell and there's not a lot to it all in all

(It's still one of Grasshopper's best-playing games, though. lol)

I beat Risingance today and seriously this is a video game that you should exchange your legal tender for at the nearest opportunity.

I spent all night playing Lollipop Chainsaw which I got for $15.

It is awesome. Although you can't get any of the pre-order costumes any more which sucks.

Yeah, I enjoyed my time with the game. It's so absurd. Really is the character and atmosphere of the game that does it though, the actual mechanics are mostly just serviceable.

Got the bad ending though and didn't really feel like playing through it again straight away to remedy that. One day maybe.

I had a huge panic attack before work today, so I went looking back through the thread for advice everyone had posted for Evl only to find that people had deleted it :mad: Luckily it was all for nothing though. Its really fun. Basically I just talk to Japanese people and correct their English. There was one girl who was living in Brisbane, and she didn't believe that I lived here, because apparently no one in Brisbane is as good looking as I (awwww yeaaah).

Went to Cogee beach with some mates. Tossed a ball around. Some dickhead stole it and ran us in circles for 10 minutes.
Why would you do that? Ugh. I will never understand bogans. They do the strangest things.

this would be, like, amaaaaaazing. but it would take some serious trip/itinerary coordination and planning skills, skills that i severely lack!

Its not that hard :p be at X place at Y time. BOOM. Although the more people there are the harder it would be to coordinate. Like actual meetups.

Danoss

Sign me up.

Come to Sydney and that'll make two of us.

:(

I had a huge panic attack before work today, so I went looking back through the thread for advice everyone had posted for Evl only to find that people had deleted it :mad: Luckily it was all for nothing though. Its really fun. Basically I just talk to Japanese people and correct their English. There was one girl who was living in Brisbane, and she didn't believe that I lived here, because apparently no one in Brisbane is as good looking as I (awwww yeaaah).

That was me, sorry about that. I was feeling self-conscious about a bunch of personal shit I put in some posts that I thought no one was reading at the time.

Glad it worked out in the end for you, it usually does. Panic attacks are usually all for nothing in the end. I re-learnt that after I was physically shaking in my worst case of social anxiety before meeting some people last week as you may have read at the time.

Edit: Is it just me or have DST settings gone all wonky on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom