• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what should come as a surprise to no one, the SMH has an interested, thought out, and explosive story on the Sharks by Roy Masters; while the Daily Telegraph has a belligerent transcript with Phil Rothfield telling the Sharks chairman to stand down in his opening "question"

The SMH one was super interesting. If more than two players are found guilty of drugs the club licence can be revoked. The ARL might have to do this to comply with WADA rules to play in the World Cup. The same could be true of Essendon, although there is no international comp forcing the AFL to do that. But winding up clubs would put the leagues in breach of broadcasting deals.

In fact just read it:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-allege-coverup-20130309-2fsj7.html

Jintor

So Sim City's pretty fun but I think I'm going to drop it for a month or so and wait for them to patch everything and maybe, I don't know, get us some god damn plot sizes and reliable servers. Feeling the pinch already.

Tomb Raider proves one common belief: once you've had your first taste of human blood it's only a downward spiral from there. And boy, does Lara have a massive thirst for blood.

Stupid marauder blood, but blood nonetheless. Not that stupid that they don't realise they're being killed by "just one girl" but not smart enough to realise they shouldn't attack me one by one. But still stupid enough to not realise they are constantly contradicting themselves. You'll be listening in to a conversation between enemies and they'll casually mention that there's nothing to worry about because no one "ever makes it up this far" but will then turn around and say it's important that they get back to patrolling and keep an eye our for people. Weird.

Somehow I had developed the opinion that this game was open world; similar to Far Cry 3 or Just Cause 2 in design and setting. I'm not sure how I feel about the small-levels-interconnected-by-a-fast-travel design. I had imagined that I would be traversing a world, invading base camps of enemies, activating transmitters to aid getting rescued, and discovering tombs that I may raid.

So far, it just seems a little bit cut scene / arrive in new area / proceed through area eliminating enemies / cut scene / arrive in new area / etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying what I'm playing, I just seem to be a victim of having inaccurate expectations.

And I finally care, guys. I care. Goddamn I care for Lara.

Shadowrun Returns looks fantastic. Exactly what I expected. The whole thing can be done in the Editor too which is great!

srr_screenshot01.jpg

Meh, it's a fun ride but it controls awkwardly as hell and there's not a lot to it all in all

(It's still one of Grasshopper's best-playing games, though. lol)
Haven't had any issues with the controls tbh, even the camera has been okay so far.

Now that I have unlocked a few combos it is fun as hell, once you get the cartwheel attack you can mess pretty much anything up going in and out of that attack along with dropkicking.

Artstyle really really works well too, level design is incredibly basic though. Story is great and the dialogue is top notch, great delivery too.

For what is effectively a low budget game I'm impressed.

Still salty that we never got the Grasshopper manufactured Fatal Frame 4 here :(

Got the bad ending though and didn't really feel like playing through it again straight away to remedy that. One day maybe.
You only need to jump into the chapters that you didn't save someone in, save them, get to a checkpoint and then quit out. Load up the final level again and you will have the good ending.

The SMH one was super interesting. If more than two players are found guilty of drugs the club licence can be revoked. The ARL might have to do this to comply with WADA rules to play in the World Cup. The same could be true of Essendon, although there is no international comp forcing the AFL to do that. But winding up clubs would put the leagues in breach of broadcasting deals.

In fact just read it:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-allege-coverup-20130309-2fsj7.html

Yup they fucked. The players too. I bet there is a hell of a lot of meetings going on to avoid everything falling apart. If the Sharks go it will rip the spine out of the sport here unless they can do some nifty negotiating.

You only need to jump into the chapters that you didn't save someone in, save them, get to a checkpoint and then quit out. Load up the final level again and you will have the good ending.

I know, but I'm pretty sure there was only one level where I didn't miss anyone so yeah :V Will have a look and finish it up properly at some point.

markot

Banned
Foots Balls clubs cheating and taking drugs?

I am so shocked! Next you will be telling me Lance Armstrong isnt an inspiration to us all!

Rahk

Oh awesome, I can 'purchase' the free PS+ games for PS3 on the online store even though I don't have a PS3. Wish I knew that sooner.

Danoss

I haven't been following this closely because the majority of what has been presented in the media has been speculation at best. The history of "sources" being accurate is so poor that mention of them often hints at something the writer has concocted in his own head.

I'm wondering if there is any truth to what Phil Gould was saying the other day. That is ASADA said that players should be stand down because they have evidence to bring them down otherwise. The NRL asked who they should down because they can't do it without evidence. ASADA's response was that they don't have enough evidence to point the finger at anyone. That's my shitty and poorly remembered summary of it.

I'm just going to wait and see and hope for the best possible outcome.

Omikron

I think you will find they probably have a fair bit of evidence and are using that to put the pressure on more people to speak up and come clean for a reduced suspension. They want everyone.

Danoss

I think you will find they probably have a fair bit of evidence and are using that to put the pressure on more people to speak up and come clean for a reduced suspension. They want everyone.

Well, we'll see. Everything that would encourage or coerce a player to come forward and admit it has been done and none of them have. If ASADA have players to go after, we'll find out soon enough.

I haven't been following this closely because the majority of what has been presented in the media has been speculation at best. The history of "sources" being accurate is so poor that mention of them often hints at something the writer has concocted in his own head.
I don't know man, the people who started it were some of the most reliable in the media. Brent Read especially, considering he works for the Australian which I don't think is anyone's first port of call for sport, he is always one of the first to break things. One of the guys at work also does a lot of stuff with RLW and he's been saying some of the guys there have heard some scary stuff.

Dead Man

In what should come as a surprise to no one, the SMH has an interested, thought out, and explosive story on the Sharks by Roy Masters; while the Daily Telegraph has a belligerent transcript with Phil Rothfield telling the Sharks chairman to stand down in his opening "question"

In fact just read it:

How in the hell do you sign an agreement that contains provisions that would put you in breach of other agreements or vice versa? Seems to be a lot of that in broadcasting and sport these days.

I'm surprised how good the Titans look. I was expecting Cronulla to be fired up and hammer a pretty weak opponent, but they've looked pretty solid. Could be a better season for them

Danoss

Cronulla threw a lot at them in the opening 15 mins and they held firm throughout. Gold Coast need some work on their attack, but that will take some time for them to gel. If their defense is consistently like that, they'll keep themselves in games.

How are the feeds holding up for you? I've only had the occasional drop in quality where I have to nudge it back up to HD. I don't know why it does that, it's only hitting about half my download speed. A minor complaint for something that's free and helps me keep money in my pocket, rather than giving it to Foxtel.

Cronulla threw a lot at them in the opening 15 mins and they held firm throughout. Gold Coast need some work on their attack, but that will take some time for them to gel. If their defense is consistently like that, they'll keep themselves in games.

How are the feeds holding up for you? I've only had the occasional drop in quality where I have to nudge it back up to HD. I don't know why it does that, it's only hitting about half my download speed. A minor complaint for something that's free and helps me keep money in my pocket, rather than giving it to Foxtel.

I'm at work now so I'm watching this one on telly. Watching one of the games yesterday it was pretty good. It didn't want to stay in HD though. It'd drop down occassionally to the lowest setting which is like watching something filmed through a pin hole.

Otherwise they've been pretty good. Fantastic for replays. I watched the parts of the Broncos game I missed in HD which was fantastic. Because it was the only part of the game they were good in.

Danoss

I'm at work now so I'm watching this one on telly. Watching one of the games yesterday it was pretty good. It didn't want to stay in HD though. It'd drop down occassionally to the lowest setting which is like watching something filmed through a pin hole.

Otherwise they've been pretty good. Fantastic for replays. I watched the parts of the Broncos game I missed in HD which was fantastic. Because it was the only part of the game they were good in.

Sounds like we've had similar experiences. It has only dropped out of HD once this entire match, which I'm very happy with.

Sezer would be dirty on himself for missing that conversion. I am happy the Sharks got a win though. There are many people who are dirty on them, but I don't like seeing the game in disarray.

Great game out at the footy yesterday too. Watching all 3 grades absolutely destroy the opposition was amazing, though I only caught about 20 mins of the NSW Cup match. Little Zac Clay is looking like he'll be a great halfback, it was amazing watching him in action for the U20's. I know the Warriors are coached by Matt Elliot and have had a tough run, but I'm going to play ignorant for a bit and enjoy the win.

Axiom

I have no idea with what more to do with my oil city on the AUSGaf server, if money wasn't such a constant drain I'd just remodel the whole thing.

lol that 60 Minutes Interview with Tony Abbott trying to sell that he's a changed man who loves gay people with stock footage of him hanging out with Asians and Gay People. I cannot even begin where to start here. You just can't turn your back on a pile of anti-gay quotes and say "I changed" those were some strong words you used beforehand Tony, strong words.

That sounds kind of dangerous.

It's very rare that people have issues, mainly they just get the order declined as the credit card has given away that you aren't in India.
I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for it.

Although you could just be talking about the issues with the game in general :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You still have even more left than I get in one month you lucky s.o.b. 50gb :'(

my house mates decided to get foxtel on their xbox.

they just leave it on all day.

yesterday the footy was left on when they were out to dinner

today they watched 3 movies on foxtell that tehy already own on dvd.

Darklord

Banned
I'm going to try and get a refund for SimCity. It's unplayable me. I've been able to actually play twice since launch and both times ended up booted from the game and lost a sizable chunk of progress. Not to mention features, including basic core gameplay mechanics being turned off it's a waste of money. I've dealt with Diablo 3's launch, WoW, SWG, heaps of terrible launches but this, this takes the cake. Fucking hell EA, why did you have to ruin SimCity? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom