• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
>_> I kinda wanna buy Sim City just to see how bad it is.

I should probably sooner buy Tomb Raider to see how apparently not bad that game is.

Oh, and Arma 3 is really fun. Really broken, really shit FPS half the time, the playerbase is a mix of loud-mouth veterans and what-is-game idiots... but when it works, it's really fun. The movement controls feel fantastic, and they simplified a lot of stuff while also still adding complexities. They've rehauled the stance system, so where in Arma 2 you had prone, crouch, stand; in Arma 3 you have small and high variants of prone, crouch and stand. So, nine total vertical positions. On top of that you can take a single sidestep left or right, and even on top of that you can still lean your torso around. And the controls for doing all of that are really intuitive.

Then for movement you can walk, jog, run and sprint, which have all been remapped to be more accessible / similar to other games. They also added a 'tactical' run which is between walking and jogging in terms of speed, but you can have your weapon out while doing it. It's really handy for CQC and just empowers you so much more.

At the moment it plays a bit like a military sim version of Battlefield 3 - just in terms of movement and presentation. Game looks amazing, too. I can't wait to see how Arma 3 evolves. The mod community's all over it, and there's already some DayZ knockoffs floating about.

Oh, and nobody should buy it. Because it's broken as fuck. Unless you really want to play a broken as fuck military simulation game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Now time to find a hotel for thursday night.

Somewhere in the city that isn't going to be super expensive.

Reptile can sleep with me ... Non sexually!

Don't forget that after going in fully aware of the issues, it is then your duty to complain incessantly about them.

(Not targeting this at anyone here or anyone in particular).

"The game was good, I hope next time they make the game even better" -> "The game was alright, I hope next time they make the game better" -> "This game sucks, I hope it improves in the next few patches" -> SERVER UNAVALIABLE

Now time to find a hotel for thursday night.

Somewhere in the city that isn't going to be super expensive.

Reptile can sleep with me ... Non sexually!
Oh I see how this works

Ply me with alcohol and see where the night goes

I'm onto you now

Thanks for the offer though! I'll see how my train hopping goes, do they have rickshaws in Melbourne?

I needed a city-building game that wasn't Tropico

Well aren't you in luck! They have this game called Sim City 4!

Also the classic Pharaoh and Zeus games! $5 each!!!

Or even the balls out amazing Caesar games for $6!

Or even go back to Sim City 2000 for $6!

These games actually work all the time and don't require servers or internet connections! You could probably run them on the computer built into your alarm clock too!

Jintor

I actually went back and tried to play a little Sim City 4 and dude, it turns out i really like non Sims-level graphics

I'll probably go back to it when I ahve more time though

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh I see how this works

Ply me with alcohol and see where the night goes

I'm onto you now

Thanks for the offer though! I'll see how my train hopping goes, do they have rickshaws in Melbourne?

Well I now .. in theory have a hotel room with 2 king single beds with breakfast!! So if you need to crash let me on the night.

Also has foxtel and wifi. Lets just skip opeth and chill in the crappy room. OH YEA!

jambo

I think it looks amazing

ibu22tVOxtsfAn.jpg

Omi, evl and Reptile are going to some weird shouty concert with loud music on Thursday...

... but it looks like there might be a chance of a meet before that.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sigh so I'm having some couches deliverred but I locked myself out. So anyone wanna come hang out on some couches in my carpark and drink beer?

Holy shit Aldi, you done it again!

Through MedionMobile (which is the brand of the majority of electrical items they sell there) they are offering pre-paid mobile deals on the Telstra 3G network (we can't get 4G down here anyway) with an unlimited calls/sms option and 5GB of data for $35 a month, no contract period, keep your old number.

I might be out of the loops with phone details at the moment but the call rates and no call connection fee seem awesome to me (even though I would be on unlimited any way). Seems like Victoria has great coverage so it might not be a good deal elsewhere, I have no need for LTE for the next couple of months any way.

Well I now .. in theory have a hotel room with 2 king single beds with breakfast!! So if you need to crash let me on the night.

Also has foxtel and wifi. Lets just skip opeth and chill in the crappy room. OH YEA!
Awesome! I bet it even has a minibar!

If I do end up missing the train, I'll grab the 6:47am train from Southern Cross back to Geelong, that way I will end up at Geelong station a minute before the wifes train from Warrnambool!

Although now another option is up in the mix that was previously locked down at one standard drink an hour, the fact that I can choose not to drive back to a mates place in Geelong that night from the train station! I suck at decision making.

You're in Adelaide correct? If so let us know how the show tomorrow night is! Keen to know what time they finish still.

700 free Marvel first issues on comiXology ... if you can get the site to work.
They need a 'add all free issues on site to my account' button.

No surprise it's being hammered. Let us know if you manage to get it working.
I've been trying a little bit, but honestly I don't care that much. I got some of the really old ones (like the first issue of Uncanny X-Men from 1963 or whenever, etc) since I'm interested in them but if I don't get any others I don't really care.

One seems to have been increased in price to $1.99, so if you do add them all, check that the final price is free. Easy enough to remove, just keep an eye out for it.

Last two times I tried, I got right to the end, I clicked 'complete order', and my cart emptied.

They need a 'add all free issues on site to my account' button.
They really do.

Danoss

Wests Tigers tonight, it's like the 17 Stooges.

Edit: It's getting worse and worse. Their shittiness could cost the Eels a place on top of the ladder (for a few days).

Holy shit Aldi, you done it again!

Through MedionMobile (which is the brand of the majority of electrical items they sell there) they are offering pre-paid mobile deals on the Telstra 3G network (we can't get 4G down here anyway) with an unlimited calls/sms option and 5GB of data for $35 a month, no contract period, keep your old number.

I might be out of the loops with phone details at the moment but the call rates and no call connection fee seem awesome to me (even though I would be on unlimited any way). Seems like Victoria has great coverage so it might not be a good deal elsewhere, I have no need for LTE for the next couple of months any way.

Similar to Kogan mobile (which I'm currently on). Telstra + unlimited + 6gb = $29/month.

Aldi is a better deal for me even though it's $5 more and 1gb less data. You get included $10 international calls at 10c/min. Perfect for those who make a few overseas calls each month.

Dead Man

Similar to Kogan mobile (which I'm currently on). Telstra + unlimited + 6gb = $29/month.

Aldi is a better deal for me even though it's $5 more and 1gb less data. You get included $10 international calls at 10c/min. Perfect for those who make a few overseas calls each month.

Jesus, that is bloody good value compared to what I am on now. Out of contract now, I'll have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom