• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
my house mates decided to get foxtel on their xbox.

they just leave it on all day.

yesterday the footy was left on when they were out to dinner

today they watched 3 movies on foxtell that tehy already own on dvd.

Must be nice to have such considerate housemates.
I've used foxtel on xbox a few times but only when they offered a month free trial. Being with Bigpond it was unmetered anyway. That's like the only positive for being with Bigpond. Fuckers count uploads towards the bandwidth limit.

Similar to Kogan mobile (which I'm currently on). Telstra + unlimited + 6gb = $29/month.

Aldi is a better deal for me even though it's $5 more and 1gb less data. You get included $10 international calls at 10c/min. Perfect for those who make a few overseas calls each month.

I'm still surprised Telstra is allowing it. I just wish these deals were around last year before I got on contract.

But ABC news24 is so great :(

I know, it's bloody addictive. I probably watch it more than any other channel combined. You can stream it on the ABC website though.

Apparently 4 cricketers have been stood down from the next test in India for not justifying in writing what they bring to the team. Watson, Khawaja, Pattison and Mitch the dud. Though apart from Patto, the other 3 might not have been able to think of anything to write about. Watson may have gone home in a huff as well.

Holy shit Aldi, you done it again!

Through MedionMobile (which is the brand of the majority of electrical items they sell there) they are offering pre-paid mobile deals on the Telstra 3G network (we can't get 4G down here anyway) with an unlimited calls/sms option and 5GB of data for $35 a month, no contract period, keep your old number.

Can i keep my opt us/boost prepaid number? I highly doubt it but hey.

jambo

C6645E5C9BF7EC739F369F8B01111A0A17C79C06

Welcome back man. I know you're going to the F1s, but just an FYI that we checked the tv guide tonight and ONE HD has 21 hours of coverage this weekend!!!

You died trying to save the one you loved. Can't be more heroic than that my man.

Aside from actually saving her of course. Minor detail I guess.

Welcome home you cunt.

Similar to Kogan mobile (which I'm currently on). Telstra + unlimited + 6gb = $29/month.

Aldi is a better deal for me even though it's $5 more and 1gb less data. You get included $10 international calls at 10c/min. Perfect for those who make a few overseas calls each month.
Yeah means I can call my grandparents in New Zealand every now and then which will be awesome for my son.

Jesus, that is bloody good value compared to what I am on now. Out of contract now, I'll have to check that out.
Yeah I really can't justify staying on a plan now. Even the wife who HATES the idea of going on pre-paid said tonight it would be stupid for her not to drop her $50 a month Telstra plan and go on the $35 unlimited.

Nexus 4 is $350, so I'll probably order that in a few months if a deal comes around with free shipping or something. The wife can have my Galaxy S2 and I'll use the Nexus 4.

Speaking of which, how is the Nexus going Death?

Apparently 4 cricketers have been stood down from the next test in India for not justifying in writing what they bring to the team. Watson, Khawaja, Pattison and Mitch the dud. Though apart from Patto, the other 3 might not have been able to think of anything to write about. Watson may have gone home in a huff as well.
What a fuck up.

"After Hyderabad the whole team was really hurting, we were discussing ways of getting back into the series," Arthur said. "We were particularly aware of where we were as a team and how we were going to get back. I asked the players at the end of the game to give me an individual presentation. I wanted three points from each of them technically, mentally and team as to how we were going to get back over the next couple of games, how we were going to get ourselves back into the series.

DOESN'T THAT READ LIKE A CONTRA-FUCKING-DICTION YOU MORONS?

If you know how to fix the problem why ask the players! You know if they are putting in 100% or not, don't play kindergarten bullshit. If they fuck up, you drop them because of their form. Not because they didn't do their homework.

This isn't like missing a team meeting, this is taking offence to a childish move by Clarke and the coaches. Don't they have management on the tour with them for this kind of shit? People who watch every single second of footage and tell the big dogs what the on-field issues are? Don't they have minders while they are in India to watch their every move off the field? What the fuck are they doing, why aren't they working on gameplans to counteract the Indian players? This is fucking stupid!

They only have 12 available players now! >_<

I wonder if Watson will still be VC by next tour...

Speaking of which, how is the Nexus going Death?

Amazing. Battery life after the 4.2.2 update is godlike, 4+ hours of screen time easily.

With the gnex I used to leave for work with 90% battery and come back with 15% after less than 2 hours screen time.

Win N4, I leave with 95% and come back with 30% after 4 hours screen time. Screen and standby time is super. And this is just stock Jelly bean. With root, different kernel and roms, people are getting even better results.

As for performance, everything is super slick and smooth. For 400 bucks this thing is pure value.

hamchan

I know, it's bloody addictive. I probably watch it more than any other channel combined. You can stream it on the ABC website though.

That is one of the dumbest reasons i've seen to send players home. Hurts Australia's already low chances at winning. Good job management.

Aaah Shaneus is back! Yaaay.

There's something really charming about the spontaneity and oftentimes lack of enough staff. And I mean that, not as a joke. They deliver the best news in the country, even if the journos have to operate the cameras themselves.

I jumped on a euro server for a quick go. Seems alright, though I'm thinking nostalgia has gotten the best of me.

Antarctica REPRESENT.

Rezbit

Wow, the Aussie cricket team imploding. Pretty shithouse, but the whole ordeal has been a disaster. Putting way too much stock in winning in India for starters, feel like this sort of crap will drastically impact the Ashes. Pattinson is by far the best performing fast bowler, the other 3 are flogs. How can you get rid of him for not following some poncy thing? Maybe look at dropping Hughes who shits himself whenever an off break is bowled to him.

Wow, the Aussie cricket team imploding. Pretty shithouse, but the whole ordeal has been a disaster. Putting way too much stock in winning in India for starters, feel like this sort of crap will drastically impact the Ashes. Pattinson is by far the best performing fast bowler, the other 3 are flogs. How can you get rid of him for not following some poncy thing? Maybe look at dropping Hughes who shits himself whenever an off break is bowled to him.

Mickey Arthur is drunk with power... and stupidity.

hamchan

I agreed they should have just made whatever crap up and submitted it. It takes like 15 minutes.

What I do not agree with I'd the reaction. Suspending these players is way over the top and one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in Cricket. Way to heavily damage morale and way to pretty much screw the team over in India. Suspending our two best fast bowlers over there, our vice-captain and an up and coming batsman who hasn't even played yet? For not writing a shitty homework report? What an absolute joke. Shame on the coach for having no idea what he's doing and shame on Clarke if he actually went along with it 100%.

Omikron

I agreed they should have just made whatever crap up and submitted it. It takes like 15 minutes.

What I do not agree with I'd the reaction. Suspending these players is way over the top and one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in Cricket. Way to heavily damage morale and way to pretty much screw the team over in India. Suspending our two best fast bowlers over there, our vice-captain and an up and coming batsman who hasn't even played yet? For not writing a shitty homework report? What an absolute joke. Shame on the coach for having no idea what he's doing and shame on Clarke if he actually went along with it 100%.

Honestly sounds like this was just the straw and there were other things that these individuals in particular weren't doing.

Aon

Fallback invited, as Xenos' GF gobbles up yet another city. Shan, if you log onto Oceania instead of being an Artic hippy, I could invite you too :p

Amazing. Battery life after the 4.2.2 update is godlike, 4+ hours of screen time easily.

With the gnex I used to leave for work with 90% battery and come back with 15% after less than 2 hours screen time.

Win N4, I leave with 95% and come back with 30% after 4 hours screen time. Screen and standby time is super. And this is just stock Jelly bean. With root, different kernel and roms, people are getting even better results.

As for performance, everything is super slick and smooth. For 400 bucks this thing is pure value.
Sweeeeet, I already don't mind the battery on the Galaxy S2. Will just grab the smaller sized $350 model as I don't store much on my phone aside from photos.

Mickey Arthur is drunk with power... and stupidity.
I think just drunk really.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for players that can't follow what appears to be a pretty simple request.
Don't they have people employeed to do that shit? To work out how to beat the Indians? I thought they pay Pattinson et al to actually play cricket and train.

Honestly sounds like this was just the straw and there were other things that these individuals in particular weren't doing.
I know Kwaja doesn't play the Captain Clarke game but Watson is pretty well known for being a real suck up. Really odd that the one time he fobs off a stupid request he is cut from the team, especially when he is VC, especially when we now can barely field a team at all, especially when we are really low on senior players now to guide the youngsters through the subcontinent, especially since he has already dropped bowling from his game to focus on being match fit.

In any case I have no reason to bother watching the next match. Very real danger of a clean sweep now. Hopefully they can pull their shit together in time for England, maybe they need a shakeup in the management office too otherwise this will just keep happening.

EDIT: Oh and now it seems Watson is considering quitting the team all together!

Shaneus

You better believe it.

did someone say DLC?
Can it be considered DLC if it's just (probably) changing a variable in an .ini file so that GimpedCityMaxSize=False?

Welcome back man. I know you're going to the F1s, but just an FYI that we checked the tv guide tonight and ONE HD has 21 hours of coverage this weekend!!!
Good shit! Not that it matters to me at all (though I might try and work out how I can record it at home) but good news for people who can't make it. Keep an eye out for me! I'll be the one fawning over Webber the entire race.

Welcome home you cunt.
Cheers, cunt.

Aaah Shaneus is back! Yaaay.
Aw shucks
9Mkmh7B.gif

ima looooooooz my shit if it finally rains on thursday.
Yup. I would've loved another 30C+ day for the first day of the GP, but... nup. Probably same as last year, where for (almost) the entire weekend it looks like it'll rain and most probably will.

Omikron

Don't they have people employeed to do that shit? To work out how to beat the Indians? I thought they pay Pattinson et al to actually play cricket and train.

Sure, but what is wrong with asking someone for a bit of self reflection?

I know Kwaja doesn't play the Captain Clarke game but Watson is pretty well known for being a real suck up. Really odd that the one time he fobs off a stupid request he is cut from the team, especially when he is VC, especially when we now can barely field a team at all, especially when we are really low on senior players now to guide the youngsters through the subcontinent, especially since he has already dropped bowling from his game to focus on being match fit.

The fact he has since said that he is considering retiring/quitting test cricket proves Watson's head wasn't in the game.

His performances with the bat have not been up to scratch either. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

Also, check out this and his average in the last 3 calender years.

In any case I have no reason to bother watching the next match. Very real danger of a clean sweep now. Hopefully they can pull their shit together in time for England, maybe they need a shakeup in the management office too otherwise this will just keep happening.

Clean sweep was likely either way, may as well use these remaining tests to sort out whatever the problems are in the back room.

The fact he has since said that he is considering retiring/quitting test cricket proves Watson's head wasn't in the game.

His performances with the bat have not been up to scratch either. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

Also, check out this and his average in the last 3 calender years.
I think it is more of a reaction to being dropped so suddenly after changing his game to what they wanted, they wanted him to stop bowling and focus on his batting, I wouldn't say that 2 games are enough for him to settle into his new role.

He has always been picked as an all-rounder, to tell your VC that he needs to become a completely different player is quite a big change.

Looks like he is sick of the politics and will focus on playing ODI, 20/20 for the national team while picking up as much time (and mucho money) in the IPL.

It is very possible he won't play test cricket again for us unless he is able/allowed to be picked as an all-rounder again.

Also there is nothing wrong with some self-reflection. Why is it a banable offence that they don't put it in an essay or presentation to be given to management? A more open workshop approach would avoid turning a team building exercise into yet another me vs. them experience.

Omikron

I think it is more of a reaction to being dropped so suddenly after changing his game to what they wanted, they wanted him to stop bowling and focus on his batting, I wouldn't say that 2 games are enough for him to settle into his new role.

He has always been picked as an all-rounder, to tell your VC that he needs to become a completely different player is quite a big change.

Looks like he is sick of the politics and will focus on playing ODI, 20/20 for the national team while picking up as much time (and mucho money) in the IPL.

It is very possible he won't play test cricket again for us unless he is able/allowed to be picked as an all-rounder again.

Also there is nothing wrong with some self-reflection. Why is it a banable offence that they don't put it in an essay or presentation to be given to management? A more open workshop approach would avoid turning a team building exercise into yet another me vs. them experience.

I think this article pretty much covers my thoughts on the whole thing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/624584.html

jambo

Good shit! Not that it matters to me at all (though I might try and work out how I can record it at home) but good news for people who can't make it. Keep an eye out for me! I'll be the one fawning over Webber the entire race.

You need an AusGAF sign!

Omikron

Board game AusGAF.... farming in Carcassonne.

I was trying to work out why my farming scoring was so different to the online version etc, and I think I have to sussed out...

Refer my rubbish paint picture

In the old version 1 rules, you would only score each city once and this is the way I always play / played it.

But, it turns out that now it appears you score each 'farm' independently scoring for all cities that touch that farm (using the usual dominance rules as per city/road etc). So in the above case....

Farm 1: Red and Blue both score 2 cities
Farm 2: Red scores 2 cities
Farm 3: Red scores 1 city

Totals:
Red would score 5 cities (15 pts)
Blue would score 2 (6 pts)

Hurrah. Feel free to disagree.

legend166

There's always been talk of Khawaja having a lack of application. After his initial axing he pretty much refused to work on the issues he has (a complete inability to rotate the strike and get runs in front of square).

Watson has been so bad over the last couple of years it's a miracle he's still in the side.

I think I'm with Omi on this one. Just do it even if you think it's dumb.

There's always been talk of Khawaja having a lack of application. After his initial axing he pretty much refused to work on the issues he has (a complete inability to rotate the strike and get runs in front of square).

Watson has been so bad over the last couple of years it's a miracle he's still in the side.

I think I'm with Omi on this one. Just do it even if you think it's dumb.

Khawaja hasn't had that issue in Queensland though. He's well liked, applies himself, and has done well. Maybe it really is a coaching issue. Bring in Boof!

Fallback invited, as Xenos' GF gobbles up yet another city. Shan, if you log onto Oceania instead of being an Artic hippy, I could invite you too :p
Cheers mate, I'll claim a spot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom