• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

it's not about the ALP winning the election. It's about limiting the size of the landslide and length of time in opposition. None of the really ambitious leadership wannabees will stand. I would be highly surprised if we see Shorten run. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they offer up a sacrificial lamb to lose the election. Wayne Swan would be my guess since Crean will only stand for deputy.

Yeah, seems a pretty defeatist attitude at the moment, none of the long term serious aspirants want to be there until after this election.

Fuck the ALP for giving this election to the Libs.

Axiom

It's upsetting that it's a possibility, let alone likely.
I don't really want the first female PM to go out this way, but I also didn't want her to get in the way she did either.

It's like a perfect storm of circumstances concocted solely to make Abbott a viable candidate.

Dead Man

He will atleast get closer to preventing Abbott the lodge.

A close failure is still 3 years of a hateful, bigoted, small minded coward as PM.

I'm not Abbott's biggest fan, but I feel like a Coalition government would be 100x better.

I -might- be bias. Might. :p

Well, I presume they will at least be able to have a consistent policy, and achieve parts of it, even if I hate everything they will try to do. LOL.

The cynical side of me hope he is terrible and serves as a wakeup. The really cynical side of me thinks he is exactly what a majority of Australians want and that makes me sad as fuck.

Fredescu

Gillard is at $6 to win the spill. Kevin Rudd at $1.10. Talk about a dead cert.

A lot of money has gone onto a Labor victory within the last hour too. They're at their shortest odds in a long time. I assume they'll just get longer when the spill excitement dies down.

I -might- be bias. Might. :p

You're not bias, but you might be biased.

Fredescu

And even if somehow the Libs get in on this backstabbing action what's the alternatives in their party? Julie Bishop? Barnaby Joyce? Christ on a fucking motorcycle.

Turnbull, Hockey, and Bishop are the top three odds wise, in that order.

Followed by Pyne :lol :lol :lol

Dead Man

And even if somehow the Libs get in on this backstabbing action what's the alternatives in their party? Julie Bishop? Barnaby Joyce? Christ on a fucking motorcycle.
If Turnbull would just realise he has bugger all in common with most of the Libs except an interest in a strong economy I would be happy as hell with him, at least for the short term.

He's got a better chance than Gillard of preventing Abbott winning.

It's between Buckleys and none.

Turnbull, Hockey, and Bishop are the top three odds wise, in that order.

Followed by Pyne :lol :lol :lol

God, if Pyne ever gets a real leadership position I will be utterly devastated. That man is utter scum. Thanks to redistricting he is no longer my member, but the hate runs deep.

Edit: Sorry for the unbridled flow of pessimism guys, I'm going to go play some games.

It's between Buckleys and none.
TeBJRy8.jpg

Gazunta

FUCK WHY DOES THIS STUFF HAVE TO HAPPEN WHILE I'M AT WORK

Edit: Aw yeah, hotel booking for PAX Australia sorted. It's happening! It's actually happening God it's going to be really weird going to a show like this and not having to work.

Edit: Oh who am I kidding I'll do the same as I did back in the old days: turn up drunk and just grab all the free shit I can find.

The backbenchers are now concerned about self preservation and limiting total losses. They may despise Rudd, but he won't lose anywhere near as big as Gillard and might put enough of a scare into Abbott, Turnbull starts getting interested.

Jintor

It would be amazing if Rudd declined the invitation to stand and the entire party just imploded

/edit No Confidence motion failed

Fredescu

God, if Pyne ever gets a real leadership position I will be utterly devastated. That man is utter scum. Thanks to redistricting he is no longer my member, but the hate runs deep.

Yep. I think the first three would all be better than Abbott, but Pyne would be much worse.

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT!
Footage shows 'torture' at Sydney turkey abattoir

I would love to see the people in footage treated with the same malice and lack of respect. How the fuck do people let themselves become these deplorable, cretinous shitstains?

Fucking disgusting. Made me so mad. Sure the animal is going to be killed but have some respect for it. I hope these miserable cunts take a long walk off a short pier. Actually seeing such severe animal cruelty makes me want to see tougher consequences for those who commit it. And I don't even like turkey!

It would be amazing if Rudd declined the invitation to stand and the entire party just imploded

/edit No Confidence motion failed

the front page of the today's SMH was reporting he had re-affirmed his stand on not challenging. I feel like that was less of an honourable stance but more that if he failed a challenge twice it would be humiliating.

I expect him to stand now but yeah it'd certainly be interesting to see the clusterfuck that would occur if he didn't.

Ooh antony green on the abc right now. <3

magenta

I would be much happier if Abbott got turfed for Turnbell, right not neither of the main parties are electable to me.

You can hate on the public for turning to the Coalition all you want but Labor has created most of this mess themselves.

Fredescu

Rudd out to $1.33! Gillard in to $3.00! My co worker made me put $10 on Gillard. I got in at $4, but I think I'll lose my money still.

Very soon everyone will remember how terrible Rudd was as PM and we'll pine for the good old days of Julia.

He'll only be PM for 6 months so it's not like it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom