• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what his end game is now. There's not going to be any more leadership opportunities for a long time unless he wants to do it in opposition. Not running now ends his opportunity for leadership nearly as much as if he lost again today.

What Labor should do is unite properly for once, get Kevin Rudd's supporters to stop undermining the party and Rudd to be more involved in the push for re-election showing support for a Gillard government. Probably not realistic but.

edit: Yeah Crean really stuffed himself didn't he? Took a gamble that he could bully Rudd into standing and that he would't be able to help himself not to.

In non political related news (sort of), we just got a $1,000 AGL power bill...
Did you check your meters? We got an excessive bill in December but I noticed they misread the meter. Overcharged by nearly $700.

Oh, and if the bill is legit, you can call most providers to work out a payment plan if you're having difficulty.

jambo

Did you check your meters? We got an excessive bill in December but I noticed they misread the meter. Overcharged by nearly $700.

We switched over to Origin, so this isn't even a full bill.

Good idea to check the metre. Is there anything in particular to look for?

Oh, and if the bill is legit, you can call most providers to work out a payment plan if you're having difficulty.

We normally call up when we get them and do the auto 1 month extension. Missus still hasn't gotten full time work after being made redundant in September last year, although she has been getting more shifts at her current job.

Dead Man

So my bloody parents are putting pressure on me to get rid of some of my useless (read: awesome) stuff I've compiled over the years.

Chief among this is a huge box of sweet Robotech toys.

I have no idea what this stuff is worth these days, so if anyone is potentially interested in taking them off my hands for a very reasonable price let me know!
I might be interested, pics?

I cannot in good faith cast my vote to Abbot even if the coalition would, in theory, provide a more stable economy and work environment for Australia. I cannot give my vote to a misogynistic, racist, paranoid piece of human trash. Not without hating myself in the morning, and I do plenty of that as it is.
LOL, pretty much the same.

Rudd talking to the media right now.

he's not challenging
Holy crap, my respect for him just went up a bit, even if he is doing to for self preservation reasons.
I don't know what his end game is now. There's not going to be any more leadership opportunities for a long time unless he wants to do it in opposition. Not running now ends his opportunity for leadership nearly as much as if he lost again today.

What Labor should do is unite properly for once, get Kevin Rudd's supporters to stop undermining the party and Rudd to be more involved in the push for re-election showing support for a Gillard government. Probably not realistic but.

edit: Yeah Crean really stuffed himself didn't he? Took a gamble that he could bully Rudd into standing
Yeah, if he actually comes out and stumps for Gillard I will be impressed, it is the best thing he could do for the party. Now if Gillard can come out and actually differentiate her party from the Libs that will be something.

Crean has always been a clown, bearded or not.

Jintor

So did Crean do this on his own, did someone use him as a catspaw to reveal numbers or to try and pressure Rudd in, or is he actually a manchurian agent

hamchan

No way. Not even he is that fucked in the head. Right?

I could see him being that. Since he's not that old yet and if he's a patient man I could actually see him waiting for Labor to lose the next election, take over the opposition leader position and then make another go at PM 3 and a half years later.

senahorse

No way. Not even he is that fucked in the head. Right?

Don't underestimate the individuals need for survival, even if he doesn't challenge on his own he may be pushed into it. It seems incredibly unlikely a Gillard government will be voted in, there is a glimmer of hope with Rudd at the helm.

Dead Man

Just to lighten the mood, this popped up on my FB feed a moment ago:

206252_386217518152585_25913197_n.jpg

I could see him being that. Since he's not that old yet and if he's a patient man I could actually see him waiting for Labor to lose the next election, take over the opposition leader position and then make another go at PM 3 and a half years later.
Ugh, I can see it.
Don't underestimate the individuals need for survival, even if he doesn't challenge on his own he may be pushed into it. It seems incredibly unlikely a Gillard government will be voted in, there is a glimmer of hope with Rudd at the helm.
If Rudd takes the leadership in June, there will be no chance at a win in any election this year. I hope his crowd of arse kissers at least see that.

Jintor

I am sad I am only getting my dose of Choc in twitter form nowadays

Oh, Annabelle Crabb on ABC24. She writes funny things, let's see how she speaks

Jintor

Lol Gillard trying to tell the world it's settled. "This settles the leadership question. Conclusively. No questions allowed buh-bye"

Fucking disgusting. Made me so mad. Sure the animal is going to be killed but have some respect for it. I hope these miserable cunts take a long walk off a short pier. Actually seeing such severe animal cruelty makes me want to see tougher consequences for those who commit it. And I don't even like turkey!
I agree. The consequences for animal cruelty, while getting better over the previous 10 years or so, still leave much to be desired. There is no excuse for treating anything with the lack of respect that was displayed.

We switched over to Origin, so this isn't even a full bill.

Good idea to check the metre. Is there anything in particular to look for?
Yeah, that definitely can't be right, Jambo. I got a large power bill a while back (after having solar installed) and had to call up. They just sent another guy out to read the meter again and issues a new bill.

All the best with sorting it out. We left Origin a few years ago because of their shitty customer service. Long story short: they harassed us to pay power bills accrued by tenants after we left the property.

I think Crean did it because he was just bored. He's been a front-bencher for 13 years under Hawke, Keating, Beasley, lead labor in opposition himself, Latham, Beasley, Rudd and Gillard. He was probably ticking 'artificially create a leadership spill' off his political bucket-list.

I got a large power bill a while back (after having solar installed) and had to call up. They just sent another guy out to read the meter again and issues a new bill.
If you check the meter and it's wrong, you want to ask for a 'check read', and confirm they won't charge you for the read. It took us six weeks to get an amended bill.

If the meter was accurate, some providers may charge since you wasted their time (so check it yourself first!). This is in Vic at least, some laws regarding utilities are different in each state.

isoquant

No way that will happen, in my opinion.

The truth is that the majority of the Labor caucus have an intense personal hatred of Kevin Rudd. Rudd's only chance was before the election - when the party seemed like it might be willing to swallow the bitter pill of Rudd as leader if it meant they might gain a better shot at winning. In other words, it's a matter of desperation.

Further, I imagine that a lot of Rudd backers will be feeling burned right now. They put themselves out there, at odds with Gillard and the leadership, and Rudd couldn't even mount a challenge. Why would they support him next time?

The consensus is that Shorten will likely take over after the election.

If you check the meter and it's wrong, you want to ask for a 'check read', and confirm they won't charge you for the read. It took us six weeks to get an amended bill.

If the meter was accurate, some providers may charge since you wasted their time (so check it yourself first!). This is in Vic at least, some laws regarding utilities are different in each state.
Good points!

got our bill checked. turns out that extra 300 was for the service they provide in actually giving us power

Shaneus

vitanuq51.jpg

:S

No games yet. Waiting for Sony to fix my botched PS+ code. As it's second hand (by like, one day) I can't use the Liberation code as it's tied to another account, but meh. New paperweight to cover the stacks my Wii U cannot.
If you're lucky, Lumines *might* still be free on PSN+. If not, I could probably be convinced to palm my copy off to you for a few bucks as I managed to nab it myself on said online feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom