• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.

Get used to this btw, goes with all the other things they are going to dismantle.

Must be nice for him to be allowed to shout over and over again that if elected he'll dismantle the NBN, repeal the carbon tax and pull down whatever else and then whisper that it won't happen.

jambo

One of the worst things about Abbott taking over is that he made Turnbull his pitbull for attacking the NBN. Turnbull is a business man, so privately he probably thinks it's an great idea and will help to future prood Australia, but he has to follow the party.

Luckily we do seem to be so deep in to the NBN that dismantling it from this point would be a huge waste of time and money.

Worst the Libs can do is make it FTTN, which would just delay the eventual FTTH by a 5-10 years.

Fredescu

Must be nice for him to be allowed to shout over and over again that if elected he'll dismantle the NBN, repeal the carbon tax and pull down whatever else and then whisper that it won't happen.

Once he got away with the lie about never supporting the carbon tax, he realised he could say whatever the fuck he wanted and just went all out.

One of the worst things about Abbott taking over is that he made Turnbull his pitbull for attacking the NBN. Turnbull is a business man, so privately he probably thinks it's an great idea and will help to future prood Australia, but he has to follow the party.

Eh, I think this is just wishful thinking. Turnbull is a free market man above all else. Pretty sure the notion of a big expensive government project to provide everyone with fast internet is completely counter to his ideology.

But he (Turnbull) was the chairman of OzEmail! He loves the internets

edit: whoa, while checking that Turnbull was indeed the chairman and wasn't in another position, I found this nugget on wiki

He purchased a stake in Ozemail in 1994 for $500,000 and sold his stake for $57 million in 1999 to WorldCom.

damn son, knew he was rich but not mega rich.

OzEmail was my isp back in the good ol' 56k days

So my bloody parents are putting pressure on me to get rid of some of my useless (read: awesome) stuff I've compiled over the years.

Chief among this is a huge box of sweet Robotech toys.

I have no idea what this stuff is worth these days, so if anyone is potentially interested in taking them off my hands for a very reasonable price let me know!

Nope, the one we deserve :(

Because they'll be out of a job and have to do something other than politics?
They can go consult on bullshit for Newman!

Fuck the ALP for giving this election to the Libs.
Basically my feel, yeah.

I'm not Abbott's biggest fan, but I feel like a Coalition government would be 100x better.

I -might- be bias. Might. :p
My main angst comes from what the Coalition have gotten up to down here in VIC since taking the state. Feels bad man :/

Edit: Aw yeah, hotel booking for PAX Australia sorted. It's happening! It's actually happening God it's going to be really weird going to a show like this and not having to work.
Fudgepackets, I really should organise this.
I just want somewhere I can pass out. And maybe vomit in peace.

Rudd out to $1.33! Gillard in to $3.00! My co worker made me put $10 on Gillard. I got in at $4, but I think I'll lose my money still.
OH SHIT IMMA GET DOWN TO TAB MEOW

Oh shit, it's full of happy angry old people shouting sexist comments

:/

isoquant

Gillard looked like a broken woman in Question Time. She knows she's fucked.

And as was said above, the Coalition plan is to scale back, not dismantly the NBN. They want fibre-to-the-node, not fibre-to-the-home.

Turbull looks good compared to Abbott but has his own share of issues ('we don't need any form of media regulation, the aggrieved parties are free to launch legal action' as if everyone has the money to take on giant corporations).

I also still cannot for the life of me comprehend the massive hate-on some people have for Gillard.

So my bloody parents are putting pressure on me to get rid of some of my useless (read: awesome) stuff I've compiled over the years.

Chief among this is a huge box of sweet Robotech toys.

I have no idea what this stuff is worth these days, so if anyone is potentially interested in taking them off my hands for a very reasonable price let me know!

pics please

Gillard looked like a broken woman in Question Time. She knows she's fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1Fsaj5nT6Q Even going down she knows what to say which as been the whole problem with the Gillard Experiement. MPs Backstabbed Rudd due to Gillard's high performance during Question Time, they see her being able to clearly deliver a message in Question Time so surely putting her in the PM chair would mean the same thing right?

WRONG! Gillards press appearances have been super conservative and very unlike the way she talks in Question Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1Fsaj5nT6Q Even going down she knows what to say which as been the whole problem with the Gillard Experiement. MPs Backstabbed Rudd due to Gillard's high performance during Question Time, they see her being able to clearly deliver a message in Question Time so surely putting her in the PM chair would mean the same thing right?

WRONG! Gillards press appearances have been super conservative and very unlike the way she talks in Question Time.

Blame script writers. Well, don't blame them, but the dudes who tell them the kind of line to tow.

I also still cannot for the life of me comprehend the massive hate-on some people have for Gillard.

I'd say these are all factors to varying degrees to different people:

People still can't get over the initial way she got the leadership. You still hear people saying "We didn't vote for her as PM!", well no shit you don't vote for any PM. There seems to be a continuing ignorance of our political system (or unwillingness to accept the way it operates).

She's a woman.

Putting forward controversial things like the carbon tax and selling them badly. Why did they think it was a good idea to try and rush through media regulation reforms now for god's sake? That's just one more example of the poor performances of the government which are much easier for people to remember than the good it has done.

Rose-tinted glasses towards Rudd's time as leader. And the public got the best side of him, didn't have to deal with him being a total dick like his caucus did.

legend166

Rudd is the most self-righteous and smug person I've ever seen in politics. I have no idea how he has such a good public reputation. Practically everything we heard about him was he's a huge knob and practically made it impossible for the government to function because of his leadership style. And this is coming from his own party!

Rudd is the most self-righteous and smug person I've ever seen in politics. I have no idea how he has such a good public reputation. Practically everything we heard about him was he's a huge knob and practically made it impossible for the government to function because of his leadership style. And this is coming from his own party!

"That bloody woman pushed him out of his job! She took er jerb!"

hamchan

People complain about Gillard's nasal monotone but Rudd is just as bad to me. He's boring as bat shit.

I think he's quite good to listen to. I do notice that he has a quirk of asking himself a question then answering it, which actually does a decent job of changing the topic and leads to him running the conversation. Anyways Gillard sounds like a bogan, not very good.

Ventron

Looking at the betting odds and the general mood, The smug sack of shit probably has it this time. With people like Kevin, a backstab will never be forgotten.

image.php

Arksy

I don't really care how they talk. Hearing question time today just affirmed the fact that barely anyone in either party can properly speak. The two best speakers are clearly Gillard and Abbott. Gillard's performance was undercut by the fact she was clearly at breaking point and was nervous as hell.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Ive got a rock that will provide the same amount of fun and be a better paper weight.... 20 bucks! And itll still be useful a year from now!

Go for it. MGS collection is free on PS Plus this month. That should get you started.

Yes. Best designed handheld ever made and no one is making games for it.

Do you have PS+? If so you instantly have like 6 games.

Do it!

Get P4G, DOA5+, Atelier Totori and Sine Mora.

vitanuq51.jpg

:S

No games yet. Waiting for Sony to fix my botched PS+ code. As it's second hand (by like, one day) I can't use the Liberation code as it's tied to another account, but meh. New paperweight to cover the stacks my Wii U cannot.

jambo

In non political related news (sort of), we just got a $1,000 AGL power bill...

Not even for a full quarter. Fun month ahead.

wonzo

Banned
I think Gillard will end up winning the leadership ballot but I hope Wayne Swan loses the Deputy Leader ballot as he's completely hopeless.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cannot in good faith cast my vote to Abbot even if the coalition would, in theory, provide a more stable economy and work environment for Australia. I cannot give my vote to a misogynistic, racist, paranoid piece of human trash. Not without hating myself in the morning, and I do plenty of that as it is.

Fusebox

Banned
No games yet. Waiting for Sony to fix my botched PS+ code. As it's second hand (by like, one day) I can't use the Liberation code as it's tied to another account, but meh. New paperweight to cover the stacks my Wii U cannot.

Awesome purchase man! See you in the Vita thread.

I cannot in good faith cast my vote to Abbot even if the coalition would, in theory, provide a more stable economy and work environment for Australia. I cannot give my vote to a misogynistic, racist, paranoid piece of human trash. Not without hating myself in the morning, and I do plenty of that as it is.

Dude, he has wife and 3 daughters. He loves women.

Fredescu

I cannot in good faith cast my vote to Abbot even if the coalition would, in theory, provide a more stable economy and work environment for Australia.

That's a big if. If Abbott sticks to his pledge for a budget surplus every year amid falling commodities prices, he's going to be cutting spending everywhere and causing unemployment by himself. Basically the European "austerity measures" mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom