• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read some weird paranoid Shit on this forum over time, but this post is incredible.

m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=50999118
Come on man, he mourns the death of Raven. I have to like him.

In any case this sums him up;
When I see Alyx, for instance, I do not feel attracted to or empathetic with her, because I can see that Valve is trying to manufacture feelings for her scientifically. There's so very little art to it all. It's too clinical, to scientific. It's cheap, like slot machine fun vs poker fun.
His view on video games are very different to most people on these forums. He looks at the mechanics behind the game for enjoyment, rather than the artistic side, even if he doesn't accept that fully.

Although it could be a Kritz alt, Seus is another L4D>L4D2 guy.

Also he is trying to prove that Valve do actually release a lot of content and games. Just trying to be tricky about it <.>

I'm looking for a large room that can fit my bed and desk etc and be fairly close to Kelvin Grove and the City.

You should look for a house or flat, not just one room!

jambo

I have read some weird paranoid Shit on this forum over time, but this post is incredible.

m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=50999118

It was easy for them to make Half-Life because they had a small company. As they got larger, they became harder to manage. It's much easier to create a multiplayer game when you are as mercurial in your organization as Valve is. There doesn't need to be any strong organizational vision for an MP game.

...wut

I would say it's even harder to do a MP game with a big team. The more people you have doing stuff, the harder it would become to get the balance that is so important to MP games, especially one like TF2 with its hundreds upon hundreds of weapons and items.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
does anyone know if it's possible to transfer photoshop licenses?

I need access to photoshop... but yeah. might try and transfer a license from the marketing department to me if possiblew...

My left brain packed his bags and left around the time 90% of my income was going to funny drinks :/

The IT Pricing Enquiry starts today and there's a livestream:

http://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/

Gizmodo are also Liveblogging it

Uh huh.
“We would love to see lower prices for content on the Australian store, but we’d urge the community to talk to the folk who own the content to lower the price.”
Well this is going to be a worthwhile discussion...

jambo

Luckily Adobe and MS can't shift the blame like that.

Can't wait to hear why Windows 8 is $200 more in Australia than in the US!

155692.jpg

"Where's my homework? Get fucked Bails! I was writing out the verses of Advance Australia Fair in cursive on the blackboard before you were even a glimmer in your dad's ball sack!"

Is the final on TV or will I have to track down a stream after work? Should do a drinking game for the last India test tonight, might make it worth watching.

Omikron

Cricket Aus stream the regular season games on their website, but I think FoxSports has coverage of this game.

ABC radio is streaming and that is what I am listening to.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Luckily Adobe and MS can't shift the blame like that.

Can't wait to hear why Windows 8 is $200 more in Australia than in the US!

the liquids always at the top of the straw when i go to drink.

always

even if the bottles almost empty

This exchange is extraordinary: Adobe says we pay extra in Australia because we get a personalised local experience. We can’t buy from Adobe in the US because Adobe can’t track where the money comes from around the world, but the only personalisation we seem to be getting is a shitty website update. Seriously, read this exchange:

Robson (Adobe): “We do it to capture the revenue relevant to the Australian market. When you run a business like Adobe, it’s important for us to track the revenue in relation to where it’s coming from. That allows me to request more investment in this market, and it gives me a better understanding the business we do here.”

Husic: “It’s hard for me to see how programs are…contextualised for the Australian market. It’s effectively the same product. Why are Australian consumers charged over $1000 more for your product here for not much localisation? You’re a global company with regional fifedoms. You access markets globally but you don’t allow customers to benefit from that reach. If I want to go to Adobe.com, you won’t let me purchase because you geoblock. How is that fair?”

Robson (Adobe): “The personalisation is relevant to the experience you get when online. One of our key interactions is to allow them to talk amongst themselves and ask them to contribute to the future of our product.”

Husic: “When I chase up your corporate social responsibility and what you do for Australia, I get redirected to the Adobe [US] site, and find out what you do in America and not in Australia. If you’re telling me that we pay $1500 more for your product, how come you can’t update your website to reflect what you’re doing in Australia?”

Robson responds by saying that they provide charity support and scholarship support, but Husic keeps hitting him:

“Why do we still pay these prices?”
Got dang this is amazing

Jintor

The answer of course is that if you can gouge a market by god you're going to gouge that fucking market

Amazing to see the MPs in action though

Really hope something comes out of this, shame no video game publishers got called out (called in) for it. Well i think Microsoft is one of the people they are going to grill but unrelated to gaming stuff.

Adobe: if you want to fly to the US and buy the copy of a software, you can, but if you want to download it from the US, just go buy Creative Cloud instead.

lol thanks adobe guys like you are going to make getting results out of this thing alot easier

Bah, Sportsbet won't pay out because there was no ballot. I get my money back at least.

It would be awesome (well hilarious) if in the lead up to the election a sportsbet (or whatever betting thingy) dude would be cut into the news every 10 minutes to give the odds and spruke whatever promotion they are doing for the week like they do for the footy.

Shaneus

Hey Shaneus! Deadlight is $3.75 again you whinging prick!
I'm pretty sure you posted a link to it at a similar price the not long ago, which strangely enough was also after I'd told you I'd already bought it :p

(Srsly though, thanks for looking out :) )

PS. Just read Apple's transcription on Gizmodo... holy hell, shifty as fuck. Bububu labels!

PPS. Adobe guy is even worse! But really, they're all as bad as each other. Pack of cunts.

Shaneus

Wow... I wonder if one of the potential things to come from this inquiry is a ban on geoblocking for *all* software vendors. Imagine that... cheap as shit Steam games!

Adobe, I could kiss you.

Omikron

Certainly seems that the committee have that as a potential solution.

Also, seem to be pushing big time against the subscription model for access to apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom