• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

That feeling when your son convinces the mother-in-law to cook lasagna instead of stupid seafood crepes, just with the power of one phone call.
Feels good man.

Totally worth all the financial burden. And emotional stress. And accelerated baldness and graying.
And shit on the rug.

Kritz

Banned
CWIHvjYl.jpg

Ordered on the 10th, shipped on the 12th, arrived today. 10 days from dispatch to arrival is pretty darn good. 8-9 working days. So ticket to ride shipped on the 19th, let's see if it arrives next Friday or if I'll get it on Monday.

Probably won't get to play King of Tokyo until the weekend. My understanding is that it's a game that you play before you play another game. Or a game you play when there's not much time to.

So not sure if I should try to play it before a game of carcassonne or just do it standalone and see how it goes.

Ordered on the 10th, shipped on the 12th, arrived today. 10 days from dispatch to arrival is pretty darn good. 8-9 working days. So ticket to ride shipped on the 19th, let's see if it arrives next Friday or if I'll get it on Monday.

Probably won't get to play King of Tokyo until the weekend. My understanding is that it's a game that you play before you play another game. Or a game you play when there's not much time to.

So not sure if I should try to play it before a game of carcassonne or just do it standalone and see how it goes.

OzGameShop? I missed out on an ex-display copy for $22, hoping they will get more stock in. They have the expansion for $20 too.

Also Danoss they do have sleeves but no idea on quality and such.

The problem with plastic notes is that they don't do a very good job of wiping away the tears of shame.
Despicable.

that new life well wasted is pretty good ya'll
True true true. I find it hard/uncomfortable listening to stories of people whose dreams are not repaid by the public, allowing them to continue. I wish everyone could do what they love and get enough money to do so and not have to suffer.

jambo

If anyone's interested, Kritz and I are going to attempt some Minecraft adventuring tonight.

- No building, except for makeshift homes at night
- Keep moving during the day
- Only carry what fits in to your hotbar
- Working together, one person carrying wood, another steel, etc
- No Creative mode.

I'll run a private server, so pop in to Steam chat tonight to see what's happening if you're interested.

senahorse

EatChildren or anyone else interested I have a brand new 16GB Vita memory card(unopened) I will sell for a good price (whatever that is) if interested.

Clipper

Yeah, it's a quick filler game to get you warmed up or while waiting for the late guy (if you have one) to show up, or a great catharsis game after a long session where you still have time but don't want to play anything thinky.

The game is also a ton of fun. There's not too much strategy to the game, but a lot of stuff can hapen and you can come back from almost any precarious situation with a bit of luck. Everybody I've played it with has enjoyed it.

I also highly recommend the expansion. It gives the monsters a bit of flavour.

Jintor

The more I play Brutal Legend the more annoyed I am with its shortcomings, like the fact that my badass Deuce roadster feels like a bouncy Hot Wheels toy or that combat feels weighty and physical but not in any real way responsive. The world and the art design and everything feels absolutely true to the metal vision Double Fine obviously had but it's just let down by the gameplay systems that look just enough like greatness that it hurts.

Christ, it's almost April. Two huge assignments and I can go get myself Fire Emblem.

I take back everything good I said about the Eels last week. What's are they doing out there? Hayne has tries, Sandow has tried but everyone else on the team is playing like turd.

If anyone is planning on switching to Kogan Mobile, don't.

Their new TOS and FUP are bullshit. SMH called it illegal.

Users will be disconnected if:

download or upload more than 400MB of data on a single day on three or more occasions in a 30 day period;
i) download or upload more than 1GB of data on a single day;
j) recharge your prepaid mobile Service Data plan more than 2 times per 30 day period; or
k) recharge your prepaid mobile Service Access plan more than once per 30 day period.

Danoss

I take back everything good I said about the Eels last week. What's are they doing out there? Hayne has tries, Sandow has tried but everyone else on the team is playing like turd.

They're a pack of fucking idiots. There is no resemblance to the team that was fielded the previous two weeks. It's embarrassing.

Thanks Eels, I had a pretty terrible day and now I have to watch this horseshit.

Hey gaiz remember when just a few months ago we were having close matches with South Africa.
Did you see the pitch? Looks like it was recently bombed.

The world and the art design and everything feels absolutely true to the metal vision Double Fine obviously had but it's just let down by the gameplay systems that look just enough like greatness that it hurts.
ZOMG EVERY ADVENTURE GAME DEVELOPER SINCE LUCASARTS!

But yeah, very few studios can pull it all together. Like I said earlier, there is Irrational, Valve & maybe CD Projekt RED. That's it.

Why is it that when i'm thinking in my head, What i'm doing to write about, It always seems awesome. When I go down to write it, Bullshit comes out that feels like it was written by a 9 year old.
Said by everyone ever.

You are not alone, this is just how things go.

My tip: have one beer in your system at all times.

LOL their homepage images are ridiuclous. I'll chekc them out though.
Have they ever done anything wrong?

Got an Aldi/Medion/Telstra SIM card right here! I should check the T&C, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary first time. Includes unlimited calls/txt/mms/1300/1800 etc, 5GB data, $10 international credit with $35 recharge per month.

Their hot choc capsules are god tier.

Shaneus

that new life well wasted is pretty good ya'll
I had a listen to a few today, really enjoying them. The guy's tone is an unusual mix of This American Life guy and Steven Wright.

If you haven't heard it, listen to the episode 5 segment with pinball designer Steve Ritchie. It's fucking heartbreaking, some of it :( I'll hire you, Steve!

EatChildren or anyone else interested I have a brand new 16GB Vita memory card(unopened) I will sell for a good price (whatever that is) if interested.
Definitely. How much?

EatChildren: Are you interested in my copy of Lumines for Vita at all? I mentioned it earlier, but it was on PSN+ about a month ago and I managed to snag it, but if you didn't, I can let you have my boxed copy for a pittance (even less if we meet up in the CBD, save me posting it to you).

If the Eels' discipline was just a little bit better, it would have been a completely different game. Those two tries would never have happened if that were the case.

Anyone who played the game learned not to turn their back on the attacking team under any circumstances when they were little kids. Seeing every single Eel on the field do exactly that just wasn't a good look, especially against the tigers and Benji.

Also call me crazy but i really don't feel like Hayne should be a captain. Don't get me wrong at his best he may be the best player in the league but i'm not sure i would want him captain.

Despite the performance i still think the Eels are showing SOME good stuff. It just depends if Stuart can get all the bullshit out of their game. Also if you're facing a team with Lawrence and Koribete on one wing get Sandow as far away from them as possible FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom