• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oooh. Thank you. In that case, it makes no sense not to purchase everything, as it's effectively giving up a free title. You might play it three, four months from now, or never, but the option remains as long as it's registered on your purchase list and you're a PS+ subscriber. Cheers!

They used to have the option to add shit to your cart on the PSN but it seems in the last update or two that you have to "buy" each item and download/cancel download one at a time so SEN is definitely the best way to go.

PS+ is the reason my damn PS3 is full. Bit irritating to manage the storage but that goes for all the consoles really.

Ydahs

So they were shooting an episode of Masterchef on Lygon street today. Pretty odd watching it in real life and seeing George stumbling over his lines.

Oooh. Thank you. In that case, it makes no sense not to purchase everything, as it's effectively giving up a free title. You might play it three, four months from now, or never, but the option remains as long as it's registered on your purchase list and you're a PS+ subscriber. Cheers!
You're welcome. Yeah, it doesn't make sense to pass up the opportunity. Some games I play quite quickly after they become available and I can download them, others have waited months before I felt like playing them.

Sony just really need to put a fucking search function in the download list, though. Good lord it's a pain to find things, at times. Especially since whenever you resubscribe, all the PS+ items get shunted to the top of the purchase history.

senahorse

Memory card price, $40 + shipping sounds fair (I paid 50 for it before adding shipping costs). Preferably I would like to sell it to someone that really needs it, ie you only have 4GB or something.

Man I am so down at the moment, I've been unemployed for about 4 months but have 2 years waiting experience. The last time I was looking for a job everyone was like a year or two experience is required and that's fine. Fast-forward two years later and every hotel, restaurant and takeaway place is asking for 3-5 years experience or else I won't get a job. I am so fucking sick of these managers implying that you need to be in a waiting job for half a decade to carry a bunch of plates. It's fucking retarded and I want a goddamned job. I've been volunteering at a church making coffee in the meantime hoping something like that added to my resume would be a golden ticket but jesus fucking christ this is some rage-inducing stuff.

It really is annoying. I would say though, a lot of those 'requirements' are for an ideal employee. If you've still got experience you've still got a chance, so don't discount those jobs just because you don't exactly fit the bill. 2 years experience is a lot better than the no experience applications they are also likely getting. I did read an amusing article about some cafes complaining they couldn't get experienced staff and didn't want to train anyone :p The Brisbane job climate is goddamn ridiculous right now though. I'm actually concerned about travelling overseas for fear I won't have a job, or be able to find one, when I come back.
still going though

Why you so humid Sydney.

You Tasmanians are WEAK.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ohhh... ten bucks?

Sure.

Memory card price, $40 + shipping sounds fair (I paid 50 for it before adding shipping costs). Preferably I would like to sell it to someone that really needs it, ie you only have 4GB or something.

If nobody else is going to take it I'll happy grab it for $40.

I would say though, a lot of those 'requirements' are for an ideal employee.

I wish. 5 years is the new sweet spot even for the most simplistic of jobs in Brisbane atm. NOBODY wants to train you. I've had 7 interviews in the last 2 weeks and as soon as I say "2 years" those interviews were over, they do not care about you unless you are the perfect human being with 5 years experience. Fucking Brisbane.

EatChildren

Will Suck Cock While GDGF Watches

Only for a new F-Zero.

Qld, any way you prefer. Bank deposit, paypal whatever is easier for you.

I've got the money sitting in my PayPal now, but I can Netbank a transfer just as easily. Tell me where you'd prefer the cash and I will stick it where it fits.

Red Faction Guerilla is still a tonne of fun. Dat destruction engine.

Indeed. I'm hoping procedural destruction picks up a lot more next gen. Even if it doesn't make for outrageously revolutionary gameplay, it does provide a totally different level of satisfying feedback. Blowing shit up is just so much fun.

magenta

I wish. 5 years is the new sweet spot even for the most simplistic of jobs in Brisbane atm. NOBODY wants to train you. I've had 7 interviews in the last 2 weeks and as soon as I say "2 years" those interviews were over, they do not care about you unless you are the perfect human being with 5 years experience. Fucking Brisbane.

It may sound underhanded but could you stretch the truth a little? Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Fusebox

Banned

That counts me out, I don't really need it at all, I've got a 32GB which I use for my US account and a 4GB which I use for my Aus account and I just wanted a larger one for my Aus stuff.

EatChildren

Netbank works, what games do you have btw?

Uncharted. That's it. The model was a "display model", and by that I mean it was returned by a grumpy customer who wasn't happy with their Liberation bundle and tried to fob it off as glitchy. There's nothing wrong with the system and the dude had it for ~24 hours, but since it was a still classified as a "display model" I nabbed it for $150. Came with the 4GB memory card, and the Liberation code was already used, so no games for me.

My PS+ account is active though, so I'm going through Uncharted and will then do the same for Gravity Rush. The only reason I grabbed the system was because of the cheapness. Vita has been on my "I really don't need it at all, but I know I'll get it eventually" list. Given I don't see a sub $150 price drop just yet, I figured it was a steal.

Shoot me through your account details and I'll deposit the cash. Should probably work out what postage is, too.

Isn't it on your resume though?

Congrats on 7 interviews, even if you didn't get the job. That's quite impressive tbh.

Uncharted. That's it. The model was a "display model", and by that I mean it was returned by a grumpy customer who wasn't happy with their Liberation bundle and tried to fob it off as glitchy. There's nothing wrong with the system and the dude had it for ~24 hours, but since it was a still classified as a "display model" I nabbed it for $150. Came with the 4GB memory card, and the Liberation code was already used, so no games for me.

My PS+ account is active though, so I'm going through Uncharted and will then do the same for Gravity Rush. The only reason I grabbed the system was because of the cheapness. Vita has been on my "I really don't need it at all, but I know I'll get it eventually" list. Given I don't see a sub $150 price drop just yet, I figured it was a steal.

Shoot me through your account details and I'll deposit the cash. Should probably work out what postage is, too.

Persona 4 Golden is $29 delivered at Play Asia atm. Can't recall what kind of games you are into.

Deeku

Boss asked if i wana go to rugby sevens tomorrow, i replied i guess even though i should probably do my washing, and I wanted to do other stuff:/ I didn't even know what it was, but after researching it seems like a thing that expats go to to network and get drunk and spoooorrrrrtttts!!

Shaneus

That counts me out, I don't really need it at all, I've got a 32GB which I use for my US account and a 4GB which I use for my Aus account and I just wanted a larger one for my Aus stuff.
You already have a 32gb? Selfish bastard, hogging all the memory to yourself.

P4G should be mandatory for Vita owners. Once it pulls you in you'll say 'Oh so THIS is why I got a Vita...'
Lumines is mandatory for any portable Playstation owners. Crappy JRPGs that no-one cares about can be bought on any console!

Deeku

I really need another memcard, or at least upgrade to a 32. After adding some of the free psn+ games and some psp stuff I only have 300mbs left. It's annoying having to clear out the fridge all the time!

P4G should be mandatory for Vita owners. Once it pulls you in you'll say 'Oh so THIS is why I got a Vita...'

It's always weird to see people push a port as a system justifier. Like, I understand the appeal of RPGs on a handheld, it's my preferred way to play them nowadays so I understand a quality port of a quality game being a nice addition to the system's library. But the reason to own it? This isn't something like Dragon Quest IV/V/VI where they'd never been released here before, it's been there on the PS2 for four years.

Didn't we get Lego Batman PSP instead of the Vita version and then when it was for PS3 we got Gotham City: Imposters instead.

and while we're on the subject:

PS+ offer: Buy 1 Year get 3 additional months.

15months for $69.95 (or $4.66 per month). Basically pays for itself if you only played the games currently available for it, even if some of the games are of questionable quality/appeal:

PS3
LittleBigPlanet2
inFAMOUS 2
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Mass Effect 3
Dead or Alive 5
Quantum Conundrum
F1 Race Stars
Joe Danger2: The Movie
LotR: Guardians of Middle Earth

Vita:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Puddle

Better yet get US PSN Plus, it's $20 cheaper.

Also, Dead or Alive 5 is a farce. The AU store version requires an online pass, which needs to be purchased for $15 if you want to play online. No other region store has this restriction, online play is free.

Jintor

Traversal abilities of Just Cause 2 and Prototype 2 + Destructability of Red Faction + Action Hijacking and Melee Combat of Sleepy Dawgs + crazy bullshit of Saint's Row = SOMEONE MAKE IT

I thought the way it worked was once a month was over you could no longer grab that month's PS+ games? So if I were to, hypothetically, download Virtue's Last Reward in April, I would no longer be able to play it once May hit.

Or do you mean it's just not available to download, but if it's stored on your system you can still play it?

Purchase everything from PS Plus. Download only what you want to play. The rest will remain in your account forever, so you can download them whenever you think you would like to try them out.

If you don't purchase a game and it expires, you won't be able to get it for free again.

So, just purchase everything that's free. (this sentence makes no sense).

Traversal abilities of Just Cause 2 and Prototype 2 + Destructability of Red Faction + Action Hijacking and Melee Combat of Sleepy Dawgs + crazy bullshit of Saint's Row = SOMEONE MAKE IT

GTA San Andreas 2.

Yes please. Throw in the improvements to the open world genre made by the games above and bung. Everybody dies of happiness.

You already have a 32gb? Selfish bastard, hogging all the memory to yourself.

32 gig is $80 from ebay. Cheapest I could find.

I bought 16gb from PA for $50 last week when they had it on special.

EB was trying to sell me 8gig for $68.
FUCK EB

Give it to him, I bought a 16gb for $50 last week. Would have liked to have another one but don't really need one at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom