• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. Something something Australians don't know how lucky they are (it actually seems to be a decent read, from The Guardian in the UK)

Previous thread title: The Lucky Cuntry was apt.

That sounds like a mistake

Sadly it's not. If they can sell costume dlc's for 10 bucks, why can't they do this?

I tried to play online, it kept on asking me to buy the online pass. My friends who have EU PSN are able to play for free. AU store has pass for 15 bucks. Try it out....

Rahk

I really need another memcard, or at least upgrade to a 32. After adding some of the free psn+ games and some psp stuff I only have 300mbs left. It's annoying having to clear out the fridge all the time!
My 32GB is full and I don't even have all my games installed. I wish Sony would bring out a 64GB or 128GB card so I could just use the 32GB for my JPN account.

Dead Man

Also, Dead or Alive 5 is a farce. The AU store version requires an online pass, which needs to be purchased for $15 if you want to play online. No other region store has this restriction, online play is free.
That can't be right.

Traversal abilities of Just Cause 2 and Prototype 2 + Destructability of Red Faction + Action Hijacking and Melee Combat of Sleepy Dawgs + crazy bullshit of Saint's Row = SOMEONE MAKE IT

I'm presuming P2 has serious building climbing elements built in? In which case, hook it into my veins.

Sadly it's not. If they can sell costume dlc's for 10 bucks, why can't they do this?

I tried to play online, it kept on asking me to buy the online pass. My friends who have EU PSN are able to play for free. AU store has pass for 15 bucks. Try it out....

It wouldn't be the first time a game has been uploaded incorrectly. LBP vita was uploaded early with a broken version and I'm fairly sure there was one other game that had this same problem in the US store (asking for online pass when full version is purchased)

Check your purchase history. I've heard of this happening before with people (especially on the Vita) and it was caused by the online pass not being downloaded when they bought the game. If there isn't one in your download history try rebuying it from the store.

PS - I miss the subtitle of The Lucky Cuntry :(

Rahk

Do you have a brand new copy or is it used?

I probably missed you saying that you bought it digitally...

markot

Banned
I bought monster hunting adventures!

I also love the turds 'go back to the labor of keating and hawke' crap he said while retiring. 2 men who hated each other, and who exemplify labours tradition of getting behind the leader till you can knife em in the back >.>

Fact is labour, and liberals too, are parties of little more then career politicians plucked and picked by the party and groomed by politicans that came before. The problem isnt the leadership of the party, its that this generation of politicans are so insulated and committed to the pithy party games that they forget that the real world doesnt give a shit about that crap.

9/10 a politican retires and his replacement for the seat? Mr worked for that politician for x years. Its just a massive circle jerk of party political bs.

Also that this crop of politicans on both sides are soooooooo terrible.

Really, the party system of both sides is just a mess that contributes nothing to the life of Australias democracy, the only talents they teach are how to get ahead at any cost, patronage and to pay back friends and enemies.

Id love to see political parties get banned for a bit just to see what happens >.<

Farkkkkkk even retail copies are arriving in the mail now for Bioshock Infinite, I should have pre-ordered it and I could have been playing on Monday :(

I don't mean have a communist party. Just have communism doing its thing!

What kind of store would you go to if you wanted to purchase a world-map globe thing? Are there like, dedicated "map stores", or would you just find it randomly at some other kind of store?

Shaneus

^^ Book store, I guess. Definitely your local Australian Geographic store (if you have one).
Traversal abilities of Just Cause 2 and Prototype 2 + Destructability of Red Faction + Action Hijacking and Melee Combat of Sleepy Dawgs + crazy bullshit of Saint's Row = SOMEONE MAKE IT
They did. It's called Crackdown.

Rezbit

What kind of store would you go to if you wanted to purchase a world-map globe thing? Are there like, dedicated "map stores", or would you just find it randomly at some other kind of store?

Head to the Australian Geographic store in town, they have a few. Some kinda expensive though.

Shaneus

Saints Row IV sounds in some ways to me like Crackdown 3.
I bet even Crackdown 3 would get better PC support than the Saint's Row games ever have.

It's always weird to see people push a port as a system justifier. Like, I understand the appeal of RPGs on a handheld, it's my preferred way to play them nowadays so I understand a quality port of a quality game being a nice addition to the system's library. But the reason to own it? This isn't something like Dragon Quest IV/V/VI where they'd never been released here before, it's been there on the PS2 for four years.
Wait, it's not even an original title? Why are there so many people who won't shut up about it? Some people are weird.

I forgot how hilariously dumb dota bots are. Watching Sand king stand at top tower for three minutes repeatedly doing sand storm for no reason while I died, and then sven deciding to solo roch during a team fight. Oh man.

It wouldn't be the first time a game has been uploaded incorrectly. LBP vita was uploaded early with a broken version and I'm fairly sure there was one other game that had this same problem in the US store (asking for online pass when full version is purchased)

Check your purchase history. I've heard of this happening before with people (especially on the Vita) and it was caused by the online pass not being downloaded when they bought the game. If there isn't one in your download history try rebuying it from the store.

PS - I miss the subtitle of The Lucky Cuntry :(

Doesn't matter now, I finished the story mode in 3 hours and deleted that shit. Simply having fake bouncy boobs does not cut it for me.

Do you have a brand new copy or is it used?

I probably missed you saying that you bought it digitally...

Yeah got it free from PS Plus. For PS3, not the vita version.

And also entirely worthless for Vita owners that intend on using local accounts.

It's so much cheaper to have a US account and buy PSN cards off amazon or similar sites.

There should be an option to switch regions of the accounts. I made my account 6 years ago and used a Canadian address (my cousins) as PSN did not accept my local address back then. So my main account has always been there and pretty happy with it actually, you don't get ripped off and US store does get better content, and faster.

AU store prices are atrocious. 99 bucks for a new game digital download? DLC prices bloated up by 50%?

On a unrelated note, I just watched a Brazilian movie called Elite Squad.

Must say it was quite brilliant and it was really sad to hear from my friend in Rio that the things shown in the movie paint a real picture of life over there.

There is a second part as well and I will watch that later today.

I have a fiance =]

Congratulations. When is d-day?

Fusebox

Banned
Congrats jambo!!

Better yet get US PSN Plus, it's $20 cheaper.

Also, Dead or Alive 5 is a farce. The AU store version requires an online pass, which needs to be purchased for $15 if you want to play online. No other region store has this restriction, online play is free.

I got DOA5+ from the US store and there was no online pass and it was $39. I'll probably never use my Aus Vita account again, day 1 US releases at US prices is just too good to pass up.

It's always weird to see people push a port as a system justifier. Like, I understand the appeal of RPGs on a handheld, it's my preferred way to play them nowadays so I understand a quality port of a quality game being a nice addition to the system's library. But the reason to own it? This isn't something like Dragon Quest IV/V/VI where they'd never been released here before, it's been there on the PS2 for four years.

Having never played the game before it is a system justifier.. But I suppose I could have qualified my recommendation to EatChildren, that it is only a must have if he hasn't played it before but I like to think he would have figured that out for himself.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden

You already have a 32gb? Selfish bastard, hogging all the memory to yourself.

Lumines is mandatory for any portable Playstation owners. Crappy JRPGs that no-one cares about can be bought on any console!

All your memory cards are belong to me!

And I got really excited about playing Lumines again when it went n PS+ and after a few minutes of playing it I was like, yep, that's Lumines alright, and haven't touched it since. DJMAX Technika shits on it now, Lumines mechanics are old and moldy (or maybe I'm just burnt out on Lumines)

I have a fiance =]
Congrats!

My expectations for SR4 are low after the last game and the quick turnaround. I just want Sleepy Dogs 2 or San Andreas 2 damn it!

Does Hobart still have cartographers? They party hard.

Also those movies are awesome Death! Bit depressing once you think about it though.

Shaneus

And I got really excited about playing Lumines again when it went n PS+ and after a few minutes of playing it I was like, yep, that's Lumines alright, and haven't touched it since. DJMAX Technika shits on it now, Lumines mechanics are old and moldy (or maybe I'm just burnt out on Lumines)
I still play it, IMO it's held up *really* well and is pretty much everything I would've expected from a Vita Lumines game. Looks stunning, too.

Didn't think to look up any DJMAX games on Vita. I've never played any of them but I assume there just a bemani game? No idea why I never thought to look for one on Vita, given that it has TWO FUCKING TOUCHSCREENS (you dipshit, Shaneus).

PS. Grats Jambo!

Slammed a finger on my right hand in a car door on Wednesday, just sliced open two fingers on my left hand on glass.

Can I join the busted hand club? I haven't gone to a doctor so my membership may not be valid.

I bet even Crackdown 3 would get better PC support than the Saint's Row games ever have.
Mine are even lower, being that I still haven't been able to play the game (edit: SR3 that is) at an acceptable framerate.
I had no problems with the Saints Row 3 port on PC. Might've been a little slow perhaps, but nothing obnoxiously bad.

You guys both ATI users? Maybe there was a problem with those cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom