• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK SIGNALLLLLLLLLLL!

Um, whats the cheapest wii u compat usb hdd I can use that doesnt need an external power sauce!?

And congrats on the finance jambo.

I bought one with this cord
mypassport_13.jpg

But I need one with 2 usb plugs I think for it to work with the wii u >.> are they available?!?!

senahorse

I had no problems with the Saints Row 3 port on PC. Might've been a little slow perhaps, but nothing obnoxiously bad.

You guys both ATI users? Maybe there was a problem with those cards?

ATI check, and yes it is (most probably) an ATI issue. There is a large thread about it on the official forum, and the devs were updating it for a while saying "they're working on it" but have been silent for a while about it. Funnily, some of the their updates about them working on it coincided with Steam sales.../conspiracy.

Planning to build new PC's this tax return (will get a lot back, as I am still being taxed for HECS even though there is only a very small amount owing), this time I will probably go Nvidia, hopefully it will play nice then :)

Leading up to Tuesday the cheapest PC version I can find of Bioshock Infinite is $38 at OzGameShop for a Steamkey. Not sure if they are already sending them out.

Will update with expected BeatTheBomb offer tomorrow I expect.

Leading up to Tuesday the cheapest PC version I can find of Bioshock Infinite is $38 at OzGameShop for a Steamkey. Not sure if they are already sending them out.

Will update with expected BeatTheBomb offer tomorrow I expect.

ozgameshop- based on previous preorders, I would be expecting to get the key overnight on Tuesday/Wednesday at the earliest. Hope to be proven wrong of course, because then there's the fun 4-6 hours of downloading the game after that

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK SIGNALLLLLLLLLLL!

Um, whats the cheapest wii u compat usb hdd I can use that doesnt need an external power sauce!?

And congrats on the finance jambo.

I bought one with this cord
mypassport_13.jpg

But I need one with 2 usb plugs I think for it to work with the wii u >.> are they available?!?!

Buy whatever HDD you want. It really shouldn't make a difference. Then buy a dual USB cord, which you should be able to get almost anywhere that sells PC junk. They look like this:

o4iv9.jpg

There's nothing particularly special about the way the Wii U handles USB drives. The issue is power stability. External powered isn't a problem as the power is sourced directly from the power point. USB powered is a different matter, as the system must use a USB port to both power and access the drive.

Dual USB simply means that instead of drawing power from one USB port like most USB drives do, it draws power from two. And you don't have to flip a switch or anything to make that happen, just plug the dual cord into two ports. You can make any USB drive a dual USB drive just by plugging in the cord, as it will automatically draw power from both.

So yeah, buy the USB drive you desire, and if it doesn't come with a dual USB cord just go buy one from wherever and plug it in.

hamchan

Tempted to buy Bioshock Infinite for $60 at Amazon to get the $30 2K credit which I can use for any potential GTA5 PC version. Who knows if that will even come out though.

Tempted to buy Bioshock Infinite for $60 at Amazon to get the $30 2K credit which I can use for any potential GTA5 PC version. Who knows if that will even come out though.
Rumour is that they've added $15 more to that. I think it also includes XCOM? I haven't looked into it so no guarantee...

Shaneus

I had no problems with the Saints Row 3 port on PC. Might've been a little slow perhaps, but nothing obnoxiously bad.

You guys both ATI users? Maybe there was a problem with those cards?
Pretty sure it was that, although a number of team green users had issues too (though not as many as ATI). Some were fixed by updating their mobo BIOS, but they were on AMD chipsets as well as GPUs. No such luck for me, so as it stands there's a several thousand-post thread under "PC Issues" on their forum that hasn't had a CM contribution for over a year.

They're definitely right up there with Codemasters for having some of the worst practices a dev could have (that I've experienced... obviously I'm not counting Maxis or Gearbox).

ATI check, and yes it is (most probably) an ATI issue. There is a large thread about it on the official forum, and the devs were updating it for a while saying "they're working on it" but have been silent for a while about it. Funnily, some of the their updates about them working on it coincided with Steam sales.../conspiracy.
Silent for a while? It's been over a year since they've updated (and that last update was "we're working on it"). It only really pisses me off because they said they had problems with their SR2 port so they were going to handle SR3 in-house and fix all the problems themselves.

Regardless of whether SR4 uses the same engine as SR3 or not, I've already started voicing my opinion in SR4 threads about the lack of support for it. I guess there's a possibility that they work with AMD on a GPU/driver profile for SR4 and it works with SR3, but they've burned their bridges.

I actually had a bit to say on SR4 in another forum, which is worth posting here to save me repeating myself:

Deef said:
But yeah, throw whatever they can think of into the same game, probably very little change in its actual style or direction.
And then take it out again when they realise they can sell it later on as DLC!

I had respect for Volition around the time of SR2 and RF:Guerrilla, but they said something about how much support they'll give SR3 with the in-house port (which was non-existent... two patches and still shitty performance with certain configs) and the BOHICA-attitude of shitty DLC and the season pass (which I never bought, but heard woeful things about).

Fuck 'em. Hope GTA5 flogs the shit out of it.

PS. I love the random generosity of GAFfers. Someone from F1GAF scored XCOM with their Bioshock preorder and I was the only one on their friends list that had it wishlisted. So that worked out awfully well :)

PPS. In G-Town, REALLY strong smell of rain. It's almost pungent it's that strong.

Shaneus

That does sound alright! But why the fuck are they offering a preorder for a digital download? Beat the queues?

I'll probably just order it from somewhere like I did with the Tron 2 soundtrack that offers a free Daft Punk poster.

PS. The album will probably get rejoiced and heralded as another revelation in dance music, but going by the samples they're not doing much that's different to what I've been listening to over the last two or three years. It'll be good, but it won't be groundbreaking.

Thanks for that link, though. Hadn't heard that one yet!

PPS. If you hadn't seen it yet, jambo :)

Lyon with the best figures of the tour!

THQ don't really have the money to patch SR3 any more Shaneus...

Also go Team Green!

I busted an artery when I read the Daft Punk news first thing this morning. Snippet is delicious.

Their last album and the OST were both lambasted as far as I can recall, only for people to come around to them eventually. In any case the album releases are like, 3% of what makes Daft Punk awesome. Once they mix those tunes into their live set it becomes GOD TIER. I'm just glad they have some new material to work with now.

Pre-orders are just to grab some cash early. No need in the digital age unless you have limited stock items up.

Fusebox

Banned
I still play it, IMO it's held up *really* well and is pretty much everything I would've expected from a Vita Lumines game. Looks stunning, too.

Didn't think to look up any DJMAX games on Vita. I've never played any of them but I assume there just a bemani game? No idea why I never thought to look for one on Vita, given that it has TWO FUCKING TOUCHSCREENS (you dipshit, Shaneus).

In hindsight it was a shitouse comparison anyway because as you just pointed out one is a bemani whereas the other is more rhythm/puzzler.

I read an article before this test started that stated if we lose this test then this current Australian team will be our nation's worst in the last 34 years. Based on ICC ranking I assume.

Gazunta

Today I'm the owner of a new iPad mini. I also found a vinyl copy of Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys for $2

What does it say when I don't know which thing I'm more excited about?

Dead Man

Today I'm the owner of a new iPad mini. I also found a vinyl copy of Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys for $2

Good things. It says good things.

Edit: Yeah, it would be better if you were not conflicted and were clearly more excited for Pet Sounds, but you'll pass for now.

Since you are absorbed in the iPad 7 I would be more than happy to take that Pet Sounds off your hands for $5. Posted.

Better yet get US PSN Plus, it's $20 cheaper.

Also, Dead or Alive 5 is a farce. The AU store version requires an online pass, which needs to be purchased for $15 if you want to play online. No other region store has this restriction, online play is free.

Must be just me, but the PS+ version that I downloaded from the AU Store never came with an online pass, yet I've been able to play against people just fine. No idea how that works (or if the online pass is somehow built into the digital game), but it's never asked me about it. Would love to see how Mass Effect 3 handles it.

First time an Australian no. 9 has top scored in both innings? Maybe.

My son won't believe me that we were the best team in the world for a long time.

Gazunta

Yeah definitely pet sounds. God damn what a perfect album. Just amazing. Looking forward to listening to it on vinyl.

Hey, is Luigi's Mansion 2 out yet?

Rezbit

Omg, opening with Lyon and Maxwell and then using Johnson as your first change bowler, while the best bowler Pattinson stands in the field. Watto must have somewhere to be. Oh as I type Johnson leaks 3 boundaries. What a surprise.

Djambo!? You played Go Home Dinosaurs yet? Thinking of grabbing it for the wife.

Omg, opening with Lyon and Maxwell and then using Johnson as your first change bowler, while the best bowler Pattinson stands in the field. Watto must be have somewhere to be. Oh as I type Johnson leaks 3 boundaries. What a surprise.

Did you watch him bat? He had no interest in this game. Probably still shaken up emotionally from the birth of his child, hasn't been very long! I sure as shit wasn't focused 100% on my work a week or two after that.

Omg, opening with Lyon and Maxwell and then using Johnson as your first change bowler, while the best bowler Pattinson stands in the field. Watto must have somewhere to be. Oh as I type Johnson leaks 3 boundaries. What a surprise.

How he could be the captain in the first place is a joke. Gets dropped one game and the next he's captain? Goes to show how terrible our national team is at the moment.

Australia: the only place where everyone one and their mother feels the need to tweet/facebook about the rain.

There has been surprising lack of storms this storm season though, now that I think about it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Australia: the only place where everyone one and their mother feels the need to tweet/facebook/Post on gaf about the rain.

There has been surprising lack of storms this storm season though, now that I think about it.

Yea. It hasn't rained all that much has it.

Rlan

Aw man, looks like I waited too late to try and get any cool editions of Bioshock Infinite. Oh well, regular it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom