• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Grabbed Infinite from OzGameShop for $37 or whatever. Cheers to whoever above linked that.

Shaneus

jsvicvr.png

Will it fit?!? At least, I hope it's not like iOS where I need to have 2gb free to install a 50mb app or whatever.

Also note: Download started at 10:40pm. Let's see when it finishes :D

So, Bioshock 1, then 2, then Infinite, what will they call the next one?
Bioshock Origins.
z8HH0Ny.jpg

Jintor

I am now a playstation plus member for a year and three months

time for videogames

(i'm lying it's actually time for more assignments)

Can any AU account Vita owners confirm that EU online passes work?
Particularly with 1st party (planning to import Soul Sacrifice).

I was under the impression they didn't, but a few places online seem to think they do (that it's only JP and US passes that don't work).

remz

welp. just got randomly pulled over by cops. breathalysed, pat down and had my car searched because of "drugs" despite the fact I don't use, will not use and never have used before.

this would all jsut be annoying and fine, except they pulled out a camping knife from under my passanger seat that my dickhead friend left there after a camping trip. bang, 1000$ fine. see ya later.

i'm too tired and too poor to deal with this shit.

10:58PM that download finished. So 13gb in 18 minutes :)
Hates you. Way more limit than I get in a month downloaded in about 15 minutes. Where's my fucking NBN? Oh, that's right...

Can any AU account Vita owners confirm that EU online passes work?
Particularly with 1st party (planning to import Soul Sacrifice).

I was under the impression they didn't, but a few places online seem to think they do (that it's only JP and US passes that don't work).
UK passes should work fine, EU may not, as different countries within the EU have different stores separate to the UK/AU. As you've mentioned, there are also issues with JP and US games and an AU account.

Ugh, that's horrible, remz. Is it something that you can appeal?

Dead Man

welp. just got randomly pulled over by cops. breathalysed, pat down and had my car searched because of "drugs" despite the fact I don't use, will not use and never have used before.

this would all jsut be annoying and fine, except they pulled out a camping knife from under my passanger seat that my dickhead friend left there after a camping trip. bang, 1000$ fine. see ya later.

What the hell is the fine for? That sounds rubbish as fuck, sorry man.

I'd say it's for having an offensive weapon. You're not meant to have knives upon your person or concealed that could be use to harm others. However, an officer (if they're being a decent person) would let you off if you explained why it was there.

Dead Man

I'd say it's for having an offensive weapon. You're not meant to have knives upon your person or concealed that could be use to harm others. However, an officer (if they're being a decent person) would let you off if you explained why it was there.

What the hell sort of fine is that for having a bloody camping knife left in your car? $1000? Get the fuck out of here, ridiculous. How do you buy a bloody knife if you can't transport it?

Rahk

On a unrelated note, I just watched a Brazilian movie called Elite Squad.

Must say it was quite brilliant and it was really sad to hear from my friend in Rio that the things shown in the movie paint a real picture of life over there.

There is a second part as well and I will watch that later today.
Watched that a few months ago, it was pretty great.

How was the sequel, if you ended up watching it?

Didn't think to look up any DJMAX games on Vita. I've never played any of them but I assume there just a bemani game? No idea why I never thought to look for one on Vita, given that it has TWO FUCKING TOUCHSCREENS (you dipshit, Shaneus).
The DJMax game on Vita is kind of like Ouendan/Elite Beat crossed with a Bemani game, but with Korean music. The original DJMax games on PSP were pretty much Korean Beatmania clones, which were also really good. If you like rhythm games you might want to look into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbP3lbLuhs

What the hell sort of fine is that for having a bloody camping knife left in your car? $1000? Get the fuck out of here, ridiculous. How do you buy a bloody knife if you can't transport it?
I would never recommend transporting a bloody knife. Or leaving it in your car. Or buying a bloody knife. All Rookie errors.

Like with most laws, it's all about the interpretation and whether the office wishes to invoke the law. Laws are also stupid, sometimes and contradict themselves (it's not illegal to sell a bong if you're a retailer, it's potentially illegal to own one as it's seen as drug paraphernalia. Huh?). Laws are usually enforceable through the lens of "intent". It's not illegal, per se, to have a knife in your car, it is illegal if you can prove there was intent to use it illegally.

Anyway, I'm probably way over my head with lawyering. Jintor may be able to say a few sentences that confuses everyone but are actually factually correct and will constitute real lawlike advice.

Kritz

Banned
Anyway, I'm probably way over my head with lawyering. Jintor may be able to say a few sentences that confuses everyone but are actually factually correct and will constitute real lawlike advice.

if he stabbed the policeman with the knife he wouldn't have received the fine because the fucker would have a knife inside of his body.

Dead Man

I would never recommend transporting a bloody knife. Or leaving it in your car. Or buying a bloody knife. All Rookie errors.

Like with most laws, it's all about the interpretation and whether the office wishes to invoke the law. Laws are also stupid, sometimes and contradict themselves (it's not illegal to sell a bong if you're a retailer, it's potentially illegal to own one as it's seen as drug paraphernalia. Huh?). Laws are usually enforceable through the lens of "intent". It's not illegal, per se, to have a knife in your car, it is illegal if you can prove there was intent to use it illegally.

LOL

Yeah, sorry if I came off as expecting you to have answers, I just hate stupid enforcement of laws like that.

Good luck remz, contest that shit for sure.

i can say as a chef knife laws are kinda fucked. also remz where are you because i know in Melbourne the fine is only a couple hundred per knife. if its locked up its ok, but i am unsure about how im ment to transport them using a knife wrap which is basically as safe as wrapping them up in a tea towel. i cant lock a tea towel :S
edit
Possess, use or carry a controlled weapon without a
lawful excuse
On the spot fine of $1000, or one year imprisonment or
a fine of up to $14,334.
If found with a controlled weapon in or around a
licensed premises, such as a pub, bar or club, the
penalties are doubled.
pulled from vic police website
huh, well then i dont know what happened with that other guy, so many stories at tafe about people getting fined between tafe and the train station 1 block away.

edit edit
From 22 August 2010
i do remember when they made a big fuss about that a few years back. guess that makes sense as thats about the time i heard the stories.

The fuck? I better check my car, I would expect a similar situation from fishing years ago.

Do you have to put them in a seatbelt or something?

You're a chef? Cool! Head Chef, sous chef, apprentice? Specialities?

Rep, they may be okayish if it were in the boot, but if it's under a seat it's easily accessible by the driver from their position and could therefore be interpreted as being there for the purpose of being a weapon.

You're a chef? Cool! Head Chef, sous chef, apprentice? Specialities?

Rep, they may be okayish if it were in the boot, but if it's under a seat it's easily accessible by the driver from their position and could therefore be interpreted as being there for the purpose of being a weapon.

qualified chef soon to be looking for work now that my finger is betterish
also im casual with spotless and have worked at the mcg in their corporate suits.

yeah id say you got it because it was under the seat and they didnt want to be nice guys about it. remz do you look like the kinda guy thats going to get into a knife fight?
simpsons-international_480_poster.png

Dead Man

i can say as a chef knife laws are kinda fucked. also remz where are you because i know in Melbourne the fine is only a couple hundred per knife. if its locked up its ok, but i am unsure about how im ment to transport them using a knife wrap which is basically as safe as wrapping them up in a tea towel. i cant lock a tea towel :S
edit

pulled from vic police website
huh, well then i dont know what happened with that other guy, so many stories at tafe about people getting fined between tafe and the train station 1 block away.

edit edit
From 22 August 2010
i do remember when they made a big fuss about that a few years back. guess that makes sense as thats about the time i heard the stories.

I hate that lawful excuse rubbish. Too easy to make it work as basically guilty until proven innocent.

I understand there are good reasons for weapons laws, they just need to be less shit.

qualified chef soon to be looking for work now that my finger is betterish
also im casual with spotless and have worked at the mcg in their corporate suits.
Awesome! If you had to liken yours skills towards one of the Iron Chefs, which would it be? Chinese, Japanese, French or the lesser-of-all-iron-chefs Italian?

That's fucked. I got my car searched a few years back for "drugs" and I got given the third degree for having a golf club in the boot. In hindsight I should have refused the search.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sir David Attenborough tickets are on sale for

melbourne sydney adelaide and somewhere else

i suggest you all buy buy buy

so good

Kritz

Banned
every time the television says "Q&A" my mind hears "QI" so I snap to the television expecting some glorious Fry in my face. Then I just see some Australians and I die a little inside.

And every time I see "Qanda" I wonder who this Quanda person is and why she's got her fucking hashtag everywhere.

Australian television is garbage y'all.

Yeah, he's a bit shit, nowhere near as good as Chen or Michiba, but he always had the most interesting opponents.
In his defence, I think he was very young. Like, the others had more years experience cooking than he had years on Earth. He always seemed so segregated and outcast, though. Was never offered as a selection on normal shows and seemed to be thrust upon people, giving them no choice but to battle him.

Also, the newer Iron Chef Japan was a bit naff.

Dead Man

In his defence, I think he was very young. Like, the others had more years experience cooking than he had years on Earth. He always seemed so segregated and outcast, though. Was never offered as a selection on normal shows and seemed to be thrust upon people, giving them no choice but to battle him.

Also, the newer Iron Chef Japan was a bit naff.

He was shit, utter shit. Hotdogs with everything!

remz

That's fucked. I got my car searched a few years back for "drugs" and I got given the third degree for having a golf club in the boot. In hindsight I should have refused the search.

Yeah, i'm wishing I did the same, but at the time i was pretty tired and didn't even realise that was an option.

yeah id say you got it because it was under the seat and they didnt want to be nice guys about it. remz do you look like the kinda guy thats going to get into a knife fight?
young and european so i presume that I do. apparently them finding a DS and an evangelion figure in your glovebox makes you even more suspicious.

Jintor

Hot dogs are pretty tasty if you get a good one.

One of the weird things about Vancouver or any NA continent city in general I'd assume was hot dog carts all over the goddamn place.

It'd be super convenient if that was true here. Mmm... hot dogs...

There's this hotdog place that's just opened up in the food court in Queen's Plaza in Brisbane (used to be a Crepe place). Has anyone tried them yet? I might try next time I'm in the city. are they are chain, or what?

markot

Banned
"Reasonable suspiscion" is what the cops need, its pretty loose. "less then a belief but more then a mere possibility"

I dont think you should refuse a search... I think that just gives them reasonable suspicion!

Honestly, I would contest the knife if you can get your mate to cop up and explain it was just left behind after a camping trip. As long as it was just a camping knife... hm, I dunno. It being under your seat doesnt help either >.<

You can get free legal advice from legal aid and other avenues, Legal Aid Helpline on 1300 654 314, and depending on your age there are probably 'youth' legal aid centers you can check out too.

I mean, its worth looking into since its 1000 bucks >.> not saying you should go to court or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom