• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Haven't really looked at phones since I got my S3 last year, but the new Sony one does look good, plus 1080p.

The side nipple is a little odd though...

Very unlikely that you will be able to get the S4 on a 50/60 plan.

The Sony Xperia Z is a better choice, go for it.

Yeah, the S3 is more expensive than that still!

What about the HTC One? I know nothing about it, just seen some people recommending them and they are even cheaper than the Xperia.

I clearly know bugger all about phones. I come out of my bubble of ignorance once every two years when it comes time to get a new one.

Deeku

Gravity Daze is pretty rad. Controls need a fucktonne of work though.
kat<3

from what i remember, controls were fine but the gravity thing was kinda disorientating at first. don't use the gyro, but i think there's one skill that is gyro only which was ok once you got the feel for it....screw gyro anything though.

jambo

RnDwOau.jpg

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Jintor

Actually, finding the gyro a lot more intuitive than second stick - what's throwing me off is that it's not always gyro controls...

Yeah, the S3 is more expensive than that still!

What about the HTC One? I know nothing about it, just seen some people recommending them and they are even cheaper than the Xperia.

I clearly know bugger all about phones. I come out of my bubble of ignorance once every two years when it comes time to get a new one.

HTC One is a mixed bag. Why don't you buy the Nexus 4 outright and use it with a contract-free plan? Saves you money in the long run.

Aww yeah another poop in the toilet. Time to head to KMart for a steering wheel toy.

Apparently Bioshock Infinite has broken street date in AU. I don't really know if it has DRM or Steam Unlocks or whatever, but you console fellas can probably go grab it I guess
WHERE WHERE WHERE

Tried EB, Target, KMart, Dick Smith & The Good Guys. No dice. None of them even had cases out, just those same old cardboard pre-order displays. 2K obviously told them not to allow cases on shelves until release day, smart move so retailers can't say that someone forgot.

Report it as abandoned if it hasn't moved in a week.
Yep, Cops will contact the registered owner and see what is up. Nothing wrong with that.

I just heard that my neighbour moved out yesterday after spending 5 days in intensive care because of mold spores in her en suite and now I'm freaked out because I don't even know what to look for.
Just make sure it is clean if you run your hand over it and there are no gaps anywhere in the walls, etc.

jambo

Apparently Bioshock Infinite has broken street date in AU. I don't really know if it has DRM or Steam Unlocks or whatever, but you console fellas can probably go grab it I guess

Steam unlocks at midnight tonight for Australia.

You could at least put the key in and pre-load/install it tonight.

Dead Man

LOL QLD

Brisbane’s only free sexual health service, Biala Sexual Health Clinic, will effectively close along with the AIDS Medical Unit after 33 of the 45 staff lose their jobs, it has been revealed.

The move is part of cuts by Health Minister Lawrence Springborg

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ubuntu touch on nexus 7, Kinda shitty. Everything is pretty much a stock image, I assume that's to give you a rough idea as to what it MIGHT be like if they finish the product and you fill up the sections with your content.

Maybe the latest nightly will be better, Will have to try that another night.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Man just wrote up to 1200-words for a assessment that's only peer-assessed. Best part is I have to use the content from those 1200-words for a 1000-word essay in two weeks! Feeling ahead of the game here. Funniest thing was it only took me like a hour and a half to write up those 1200-words.;p

Gazunta

Goat Up 2 took me a while to really get into, but now I think it's rather smashing. It's a love letter to a genre of games that i was never really into, but hey. And I'm glad Minter is charging a decent price for his games already.:)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Souvlaki (Greek: &#963;&#959;&#965;&#946;&#955;&#940;&#954;&#953;, [su&#712;vlaki]) plural souvlakia is a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat and sometimes vegetables grilled on a skewer.

Rahk

Gravity Daze is pretty rad. Controls need a fucktonne of work though.
I got used to it after a couple hours. The problem with that game is the combat is really bad/boring.

kat<3

from what i remember, controls were fine but the gravity thing was kinda disorientating at first. don't use the gyro, but i think there's one skill that is gyro only which was ok once you got the feel for it....screw gyro anything though.
Gyro was great for small adjustments before switching gravity.

Main thing needs a camera reorientation button
Press down on the d-pad. I used it constantly, it helps a lot.

Jintor

Why is gravity sliding even in game? falling is so much faster and easier to control, lol. I'd use it more in ground battles if it wasn't so stupidly hard to control.

I nearly accidentally that GMG Bioshock Infinite bundle because it's pretty nutty value considering I don't have any of the games involved but then I remembered I already got a bunch of PC games I'll take forever to play recently courtesy of GOG and that Luigi's Mansion 2 and HarmoKnight come out this week so I'm better off just going with them for now. Also Fire Emblem 3DS comes out next month so I don't really need XCom just yet anyway and it and Bioshock Infinite will both be a Steam sale fiver by the time I'm actually ready for them.

Shaneus

Only if culturally challenged. A falafel is actually a chickpea fritter. Often used in flatbread sandwiches. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falafel
Falafel_balls.jpg
I fucking loooooove felafel. And on a similar note, on the Indian side of things, I couldn't get enough pakora when I was in New York for a few weeks:
dp6BbxU.jpg

They looked most similar to that, but it looks like they can be either completely mushed and balled, or a little bit mushed, or just clumped together. Pretty sure they were predominantly chickpea (like an orange-coloured chickpea? Is that a thing?) and came on a plate of about 4 or 6 (I shared with a friend) with 3-4 sauces. Fuck, so good.

Dead Man

Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe - $1.59

I fucking loooooove felafel. And on a similar note, on the Indian side of things, I couldn't get enough pakora when I was in New York for a few weeks:
dp6BbxU.jpg

They looked most similar to that, but it looks like they can be either completely mushed and balled, or a little bit mushed, or just clumped together. Pretty sure they were predominantly chickpea (like an orange-coloured chickpea? Is that a thing?) and came on a plate of about 4 or 6 (I shared with a friend) with 3-4 sauces. Fuck, so good.

Pakora are godly. I think there is a lot of variety depending on the region. Never had a bad one though.

Edit: Apparently they are a battered and deep fried with a variety of bases. Cheese, broccoli, onion etc.

Danoss

I've seen kebab used for both lamb on a stick and a wrap. Which is correct?

Both. Doner Kebab is in a wrap or some kind of bread, Shish Kebab is on a stick. This is going by the Turkish names for them, all the best kebabs I've had were Turkish.

Pakora are godly. I think there is a lot of variety depending on the region. Never had a bad one though.

That they are, love a good Pakora. I have had some bad ones, but that's only from overcooking I think, they were very dry and no amount of sauce could save them.

Samosas are also mighty tasty.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I fucking loooooove felafel.

Once upon a time I used to deep fry felafels with my housemates every week because they were mad awesome. Then one day I drank way too much of that shitty Toohey's Platinum, when it was first on the scene, far too quickly. I got extremely drunk, tried to cook felafels, splashed hot oil at my housemate who was trying to help me, and ate said poorly cooked felafels. Then in what was a horrific blur I almost shit myself, rushed to the toilet, shit, then barfed into the pants around my ankles. I put the pants back on as to not expose myself to my housemates, then had a shower.

I have not eaten felafel since, and this was many years ago.

Dead Man

Both. Doner Kebab is in a wrap or some kind of bread, Shish Kebab is on a stick. This is going by the Turkish names for them, all the best kebabs I've had were Turkish.

That they are, love a good Pakora. I have had some bad ones, but that's only from overcooking I think, they were very dry and no amount of sauce could save them.

Samosas are also mighty tasty.

The kids at work say they don't like Indian food, and then they make the most amazing samosas. LOL. They call them sambosas, but they are the same thing.

Once upon a time I used to deep fry felafels with my housemates every week because they were mad awesome. Then one day I drank way too much of that shitty Toohey's Platinum, when it was first on the scene, far too quickly. I got extremely drunk, tried to cook felafels, splashed hot oil at my housemate who was trying to help me, and ate said poorly cooked felafels. Then in what was a horrific blur I almost shit myself, rushed to the toilet, shit, then barfed into the pants around my ankles. I put the pants back on as to not expose myself to my housemates, then had a shower.

I have not eaten felafel since, and this was many years ago.

That's.... not what I need to read before bedtime.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I just hope it's not like BioShock, where I enjoy my first time through, but it slowly sours the more I think back on it. I mean, I'm one of those guys who moans that BioShock was a shitty successor to System Shock, but it still had a lot of good stuff going on. The world was excellent, the themes were great, and it had some smart mechanics. But the balance and character development was shot to shit (in favour of the player), combat grew tiresome, and the last third of the game takes a massive nosedive in quality.

I think, at worst, BioShock Infinite will at least provide a similarly stimulating experience to BioShock. I just hope the aftertaste is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom