• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, those poor unfortunate souls. How will they ever afford the maintenance on their Jet skis.

It's bullshit like this that encourages the same dumb politics that dominates America.

It makes me sad thinking about how this election is going to be run by pandering completely to the right wing media. Who can best sell boat people, who can appease the idiots who think climate change is something people can 'believe in', and of course who can best make the high income earners feel like they are poor and deserving.

It makes me sad thinking about how this election is going to be run by pandering completely to the right wing media. Who can best sell boat people, who can appease the idiots who think climate change is something people can 'believe in', and of course who can best make the high income earners feel like they are poor and deserving.

You just summed up exactly why Tony Abbott is Howard 2.0. Cuts to Education? The public says "meh". Cuts to Health? "Meh" again. Cuts to public service? "Get a real fucking job."

It's just all apathy and excuses, until finally the conservatives throw the baby out with the bath water (Workchoices) and all of a sudden, the working class start giving a shit again. It's just a circle of self destruction.

Deeku

I was gonna go hiking with friends but it's like raining and will probably continue for the rest of the long weekend:(

On the plus side, I have Dragon Quest gum! And seasonal pocky/pretz/every japanese snack. Except I can't seem to find japanese kitkat which is a bummer.

markot

Banned
I guess none of you crumb bums are playing lego city undercover.

Too cool and hip to play that game, rather be playing dungeons and dragons and bored games eh?! Swinging jive turkey and a gnarly orc thief ya got there I gope he has a +50 to personality to make up for the lack of yours!

Oh man, this weekend is gonna be the best. New Doctor Who on sunday night, then Game of Thrones on monday.

New Doctor Who tomorrow, Akibaranger season 2 starting next Friday, it's a pretty good TV time for me.

I guess none of you crumb bums are playing lego city undercover.

Will probably get my brother's copy off him and play it at some point in the future, but not buying myself at the moment. Looks pretty neat though.

Oh man, this weekend is gonna be the best. New Doctor Who on sunday night, then Game of Thrones on monday.

Please do! You can also postal vote I think.

Looking forward to this. Been too long for my anything ASoIaF related since Season 2 ended and I read all the books. Every now and again I stumble onto r/got, or r/asoiaf, or find someone talking about theories on facebook and my response is 'who? what? oh that". I've forgotten everything already!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Currently moving my shit into my sisters room since she has now moved out.

The room is kinda smaller in it's own silly way. The way I have it setup at the moment is the desk is right near the bed but it gives me more room to actually move around.

What that really means is, workout for 2 weeks and then quit.

Time to start moving the rest of the crap.

Shaneus

I didn't even know they were airing it. I would've woken up earlier on Sundays far more frequently if I did!

I still have my collection of TMNT cartoon cards somewhere. Never did get all of them :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Classic TMNT on channel 11! Holy fucking awesome, best Easter Sunday ever.

Fuuuu. Makes me wish I had my tv tuner installed!

Also ta for the RP information. Will mess around with it when I play BF3 again today, for about 20 minutes before raging and quitting.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You play online much?

I haven't played BF3 in months. I've wanted to try it since I got new speakers though, So I can see how they sound with lots of explosions in a game.

Also guys. Someone buy me the Dell 29" or LG 29" Monitor. I so want one for some fucking reason. Always have since I first saw it months ago.

Look how pretty it is! http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/49090-29ea93 - Dell one is a fair bit cheaper. I also don't think I have the PC power to even run most games at 60fps at that resolution. Damn sluggish PC!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Getting telstra cable installed on wednesday, Hopefully anyway.

Then I can post a picture about how fast it is and pretend like it's awesome!!

Kritz

Banned
My mother and father live separately. My mother just moved house, again, to a new area. I've been thinking why I don't stay at my mother's house more often, and as petty as it seems, I think it's really just because I don't have a computer there. I can't do work, play games, or spend time by myself. I tried bringing my laptop every so often, but it's kind of been inherited by my father who does a lot of work on it, plus it's not suitable for gaming.

So I guess I'm going to buy a new computer. Despite what pc gaf says, buying a gaming of is still expensive when you take into account OS, monitor(s) and Australia tax. And on top of that I was naming to do an upgrade this time next year to make my PC fend against the new consoles.

I have a few routes I could go.

I could buy a capable, relatively inexpensive gaming pc that can play everything, that would more or less match performance of my current pc. Something that compares to a 5850 gpu and 965 CPU.

Or I could buy a nice high end enthusiast pc, skip the upgrade next year, and take my current pc to my mother's house.

Guess I'll spend the next few weeks mulling over pccg and see where my heart, and my bank account, takes me.

Top of the ladder ma!

As long as we don't fuck it up in the final quarter :/

Also maybe everyone should mail a PC part that they don't need to Kritz! Pretty sure I have a Q6600 and a 9800GTX here somewhere.

Kritz

Banned
Ha. The problem is I do exacty that - I give away spare parts to friends because at the time I didn't need them. I have like six grand that I have saved up from work that I'm 'allowing' myself to use until I get a new job. It was ten grand two years ago but I've been slowly going through it even with my centrelink payments. There are better charity causes than me. Especially when my problem is, "I don't own enough entertainment devices." I'd feel kinda bad about it.

I have another question but it might be better suited with a photo, so I'll go take that and be back...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If you can kritz, Of course, Try and wait a month or two.

In theory, Intels next CPU should be coming out. Which could hopefully drive prices down a bit for ivy bridge if you want the current tech or if Haswell is actually priced well you can jump on that.

DDR3 ram is also going up in price due to a shortage at the moment.

asdffsdfzjr6y.png

All right, pack it in. Lets just call the season now plz. I didn't think I would live to see Port on top of the ladder again in my lifetime :)

Kritz

Banned
So the next problem is this:

JqrLtp4l.jpg

Image doesn't do it justice. It's a three to four metre room, with a couch at one end and a 26" tv at the other. Worked well in a smaller house, less well here.

... Are projectors as TV any good? Too expensive? Not worth the installation cost and efforts?

Or just buy a 42" and be done with it.

markot

Banned
Bigger tv + nice speakers. Some shelves for games and dvds, make it classy! Coffee table, maybe a rug... etc!

Looks like homers dream house in that episode where he buys the house with marge >.<

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What's the room for? Is it yours when you stay over or the lounge room?

If it's the lounge just get a standard TV and some speakers. No need for a projector unless you want to turn it into a movie room.

Happy spring fertility celebrationssssssssssss! In Autumn...

543149_524640777574693_1480256869_n.jpg

So this is true?

So the next problem is this:

JqrLtp4l.jpg

Image doesn't do it justice. It's a three to four metre room, with a couch at one end and a 26" tv at the other. Worked well in a smaller house, less well here.

... Are projectors as TV any good? Too expensive? Not worth the installation cost and efforts?

Or just buy a 42" and be done with it.

Cheapest option is to use binoculars.

Kritz

Banned
What's the room for? Is it yours when you stay over or the lounge room?

If it's the lounge just get a standard TV and some speakers. No need for a projector unless you want to turn it into a movie room.

It's a lounge but the only features it has is that it has a couch and a tv. There is a separate room which acts as a non-tv lounge room.

Though it does have windows on two walls making it hard to remove light from. So maybe a tv is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom