• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
US PSN Plus is getting Demons Souls free next week.

Demon’s Souls (PS3)
Malicious (PS3)
Labyrinth Legends (PS3)
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)
Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross-Buy and Cross-Play) – Coming April 30th

Fusebox

Banned
Just signed up for an account and was curious as to who has it here. None of my mates have it, and it seems its really neat when you have people etc sharing playlists to discover new stuff.

Lets share playlists! My spotify ID is Ausgeno, is that all you need to add me?

It was surprisingly compelling for a good portion of the film, then became a bit of a wank fest. Inglorious Basterds had a similar effect for me.

I didn't get a single wank out of it. R rated movies just aren't what they used to be. I pretty much ruined the VHS of Basic Instinct.

Like I mentioned earlier, you can put forward the most well thought out, concise, easy-to-understand argument but you'll always be countered by people who think they know more than you because they've they've managed to find random statistics that support their misconceptions. It's a lot better than to give up, because you'll be one of the few who retains what sanity they have left.

All too true.

Lets share playlists! My spotify ID is Ausgeno, is that all you need to add me?

When I next hop on ill add you (or something).

In gaming news, I'm seriously tempted to sell my ps3 and 360. Nothing has really grabbed me in ages. My gaming as of late has been playing battlefield for 30mins ever few days, I've changed
for the worse

DayZ on PS4? What the hell happened at Sony!

Also yum.
7xzdo2.jpg

Day one. Again.

Jintor

Been playing Bully

holds up surprisingly well. The kind of modulated take on the GTA formula but letting it stay within the bounds of 'boarding school' violence is just enough so you don't have to worry about more bs death and stuff, the minigames are actually pretty cool and you get neat rewards. Could see an updated uni/college level sequel or something of its ilk working out maybe.

Don't know what they'd do with the story though, but I'm sure there's some movie they can lovingly pastiche or something. Very San Andreas era GTA humour though.

Also, Canadian parliamentary politics are somewhat more entertaining than Aussie ones. I wonder if they retain Westminster style?

Ydahs

Between that racist bus thread, the Dawkins thread and half the 'console warz' threads on the gaming side, GAF is certainly beginning to lose its 'community feel' as it devolves into any other internet hellhole. Either that or I've just outgrown it. Or it's outgrown itself.

Guess I'll just continue to lurk the few remaining community threads that interest me. Or play games. Haven't played one in a while...

Danoss

I had most of a long post typed up, but then I couldn't be bothered. I stick to this thread only as I find the rest of GAF rather repulsive.

Shaneus

Between that racist bus thread, the Dawkins thread and half the 'console warz' threads on the gaming side, GAF is certainly beginning to lose its 'community feel' as it devolves into any other internet hellhole. Either that or I've just outgrown it. Or it's outgrown itself.

Guess I'll just continue to lurk the few remaining community threads that interest me. Or play games. Haven't played one in a while...
I only come here for AusGAF (<3), the threads about games/devs I'm interested in (ie. PGR4/Bizarre/Lucid etc.) and the occasional sporting thread (F1, for example). Whenever I go into either Gaming or Off-Topic, I'm always flabbergasted by some of the threads that people felt the need to create. Who is the cutest video game character? Fuck off, no-one cares and there's no discussing it because it's all a matter of opinion anyway (and it'll generally devolve to a bunch of people posting anime-style characters that all look the fucking same anyway).

Dead Man

Hey guyz, what's been going on...

Oh.

Just catching up on the Dawkins thread, what a mess.

And yeah, GAF is always as its worst during console launches. Gaming side is an utter cess pool.

Edit: Hey Kritz, go start an argument with someone, it feels great!

Danoss

Hey guyz, what's been going on...

Glad to have you back, mate.

Cheer up fellas. Stick to the subcommunities and the topics that interest you and you'll generally be fine.

"Generally" saved that. The threads for the topics I like are filled with the same shit as the rest of the forum. Luckily there are other lovely forums for those things. I've seen some GAF members on those forums too and they come back to GAF and whinge endlessly because those members won't put up with their bullshit.

Bioshock Infinite is breathtaking.

Took a lot of fucking around to get it running decent though. I still think the textures aren't high quality though, not sure if they are just generally a bit spotty though.

hey deadman

I only come here for AusGAF (<3), the threads about games/devs I'm interested in (ie. PGR4/Bizarre/Lucid etc.) and the occasional sporting thread (F1, for example). Whenever I go into either Gaming or Off-Topic, I'm always flabbergasted by some of the threads that people felt the need to create. Who is the cutest video game character? Fuck off, no-one cares and there's no discussing it because it's all a matter of opinion anyway (and it'll generally devolve to a bunch of people posting anime-style characters that all look the fucking same anyway).

What about the music? You used to be about the music man.

Cheer up fellas. Stick to the subcommunities and the topics that interest you and you'll generally be fine.

Nah fuck ya.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Don't really find GAF to be worse than any other forum tbh. As far as I'm concerned it's still the best forum out there - I've got great sub-communities I enjoy participating in like AnimeGAF & AusGAF, MovieGAF etc.. some good weekly discussions on topics I enjoy such as science, religion, general life, role-playing games etc, I mean some threads turn into cesspools after a while, but I feel it happens far less frequently than some other big forums I've posted in.

Dead Man

Thanks
Glad to have you back, mate.
Cheers
The last time I had a good old fashion argument with someone they quit ausgaf forever
So what you are saying is that you won. Excellent.
hey deadman
Hey back.

If you don't make a thread I will, that is ridiuclous.

Don't really find GAF to be worse than any other forum tbh. As far as I'm concerned it's still the best forum out there - I've got great sub-communities I enjoy participating in like AnimeGAF & AusGAF, MovieGAF etc.. some good weekly discussions on topics I enjoy such as science, religion, general life, role-playing games etc, I mean some threads turn into cesspools after a while, but I feel it happens far less frequently than some other big forums I've posted in.

Yeah, it is the best of a bad bunch, but it still shit in a lot of ways.

Kritz

Banned
I think someone needs to tell Gaming that there's a grey area between murder simulator and art game. And that developers leaning in one direction or the other isn't going to make the games you like stop existing.

People criticise Bioshock Infinite not because it's a bad game, but because it's really good. And when people say, "man, Bioshock really shouldn't have been a shooter", I don't think they're actually talking about Bioshock, but rather... games that come out after Bioshock.

I need to stop watching GDC vault videos. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom