• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time another Australia is Racist thread pops up, at least we can take pride in the fact that we don't have separate proms for white and 'colored' students in 2013.

Oh yeah, I guess I shouldn't bother with a sandwich today then.

I've decided to get a bookdepository shipment this afternoon that should last me another half-year or so before I need to get more books. Here's my basket so far:

Cosmos, Carl Sagan
Working, Studs Turkel
Hogfather, Terry Pratchett
Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov
No Logo, Naomi Klein
The Journalist and the Murderer, Janet Malcolm
Life Itself, Roger Ebert
Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Paul Ham
Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

Anything cheap I should toss in as well? Thoughts? Likely to pull the trigger when I get back from uni. Got a 10% off coupon code as well. Looking for more light-hearted fiction, I think.
A man after my own uh... bookshelf.

PS. Golden Gaytime, most underrated ice-cream ever. Often overlooked, never surpassed.

Its pretty great. We have golden gaytime milkshakes at KFC. I seriously recommend them, and not only because I work there.

*Gasp*

Details, ingredients, etc required.

Ingredients:
500g plain biscuits (I used scotch fingers but chocolate biscuits probably work too)
150g melted butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
20g extra butter
300ml thickened cream
50g milk chocolate
1/4 cup water
500g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 x 60g mars bars, chopped finely
3 tsp gelatine

1. process biscuits until fine. Add melted butter and mix. Press crumb mixture evenly over the base and sides of a springform tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. combine brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, to make a butterscotch sauce.
3. combine chocolate and another 2 tablespoons of cream in a saucepan. Stir until chocolate melts. (use all the saucepans!)
3.Sprinkle gelatine over 1/4 cup of water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a saucepan of simmering water and stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 minutes (this smells disgusting).
4. Beat cheese and castor sugar in a bowl with electric beater until smooth. Beat remaining cream in a small bowl until peaks form. Add mars bars and gelatin to the cheese mixture, then fold in cream.
5. Pour half the cheese mixture into the tin. Drizzle half of the chocolate and butterscotch sauces over the top. Pull skewer backwards and foward to create a marbled effect. Repeat process.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.

:D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
5tc4Wa8.jpg

kebab friday!!!!!!!!!!

Danoss

I... You... But... :( Your life will be better now that you know they exist. They are godly.

After seeing what the wrapper looks like, it is familiar but I never knew what was inside. Now that I do, I'll be sure to grab one at the next available opportunity.

Also, does anyone else like eating ice cream on a cold day?

You're the best! Thank you.

For all my cheesecakes, I've used Arnotts Butternut Snap biscuits for the base. So good.

After googling the name of those biscuits to be sure I got them correct. I've now seen this recipe which would be easy to mess with to make your own different flavoured Pods. Fuck.

8CtNdVB.jpg

I better start walking soon, these recipes are going to do some damage.

Fusebox

Banned
That sounds way too healthy Lexi, get a kebab into ya!

I got a doner kebab, garlic and bbq sauce (so sue me), lettuce, tomato and a bit of onion.

8621125832_c8bbfc3b51_z.jpg

8620023451_65b2cdcde7_z.jpg

Looks absolutely horrid in these photos but it was totally awesome.

Danoss

I got a doner kebab, garlic and bbq sauce (so sue me), lettuce, tomato and a bit of onion.

You will not be sued, I won't stand for it! That is my kebab of choice too, garlic and bbq sauce makes a great combination.

Ooh, speaking of which, at the pub last night we ordered some hot chips that came with little pickles. On the side there was a tub of mayonnaise and a tub of gravy. Someone decided to go the double and dipped a chip in mayo and then the gravy. Turns out they were a fucking genius! It sounds so wrong, yet tastes so right.

the yen is like over 100 now wooo
I know!!! eee!!!

Too bad I realised this yesterday as my first paycheck from Japan came in :p Oh well.

You're the best! Thank you.

For all my cheesecakes, I've used Arnotts Butternut Snap biscuits for the base. So good.

After googling the name of those biscuits to be sure I got them correct. I've now seen this recipe which would be easy to mess with to make your own different flavoured Pods. Fuck.

8CtNdVB.jpg

I better start walking soon, these recipes are going to do some damage.

Oh man, those look godly. I'm definitely making those after I try doing apple crumble cheesecake.

It's a thing!

Is that even a kebab? It looks like a delicious turkish bread toastie.

Avatar bet over in the Wrestlemania thread. I am betting on WWE remaining the same stale shit it has become. If I lose I will wear John Cena for a fortnight.
Firstly, you will wear John Cena? That seems like a bet that you'll need John Cena's consent for.

Secondly, how can you lose a bet of WWE will be the same forever? No, I'm actually asking. WWE is built off of century old story formulas and the constant rotation of Face/Heal transitions. What is considered "WWE Changing"?

I ask this because my neither my internet limit nor my sanity can withstand the buffeting of a WWE thread.

HolyCheck

You will not be sued, I won't stand for it! That is my kebab of choice too, garlic and bbq sauce makes a great combination.

Ooh, speaking of which, at the pub last night we ordered some hot chips that came with little pickles. On the side there was a tub of mayonnaise and a tub of gravy. Someone decided to go the double and dipped a chip in mayo and then the gravy. Turns out they were a fucking genius! It sounds so wrong, yet tastes so right.

bbq sauce interesting, ill try next time. i go bbq sauce with my tacos.

I went lettuce onion cheese sour cream garlic sauce mixed!

Danoss

That Vietnamese Pho I had sure tasted good.

Meanie! I haven't had Pho in over a year and that's shameful. Going to the footy tomorrow, so I'll stop for Pho on the way to rectify it. Monaco bar for lunch-dessert.

Edit: Home delivered kebab for dinner tonight has been ordered.

Rlan

We were meant to have a Barbecue today at work (once a month one of the teams does a BBQ)

This month's team purchased 100 McDonalds Double Cheesburgers instead.

I feel sick. Especially after seeing all this food stuffs.

Dead Man

Firstly, you will wear John Cena? That seems like a bet that you'll need John Cena's consent for.

Secondly, how can you lose a bet of WWE will be the same forever? No, I'm actually asking. WWE is built off of century old story formulas and the constant rotation of Face/Heal transitions. What is considered "WWE Changing"?

I ask this because my neither my internet limit nor my sanity can withstand the buffeting of a WWE thread.
Cena is a whore, he'll go where I tell him. The bet is about a heel turn for Cena that has been anticipated at WM. #FACE are betting Cena will not go heel, #HEEL the opposite. Cena is what sells t-shirts to kids, Vince will never make him go heel. Cena would not be able to be a good heel anyway. So yeah. Basically it is a vote for pessimism about the direction of the writing in WWE. But if I lose, it means WWE did something moderately interesting. If I win, I won. Happy either way.
wait, what, did you guys not know these were a thing?

THEY ARE AMAZING

What is that? Looks amazing

HolyCheck

All Grill'd here in Queensland do.

sweet!

found a list of grill'd locations that have them

NSW

Bondi Junction
Chatswood
Darlinghurst, Crown St
Harbourside
CBD, World Square

ACT

Belconnen

QLD

Ascot
Bulimba
Cairns
Carindale
Chermside
Coolangatta
CBD, Eagle Street
Emporium
Fortitude Valley
Garden City
Newmarket
Rosalie
South Bank
Sunshine Plaza
CBD,Wintergarden

VIC

CBD, Degraves St
Doncaster
Malvern
Fountain Gate
Hawthorn
Knox
CBD, Little Bourke St
CBD, Melbourne Central
Richmond
Southland
St Kilda
Windsor
Yarraville – coming soon!

WA

CBD, Brookfield Place – coming soon!
Claremont
Hillarys
Joondalup
Mt Lawley
Scarborough – coming soon!
CBD, Shafto Lane – coming soon!

edit: How the heck does the Fitzroy one not have them.

Shaneus

A man after my own uh... bookshelf.
He's only posting that to impress us. I bet he either doesn't order them, or orders them but keeps them on his bookshelf to impress visitors.

I'd probably do the same thing

...but I don't need to advertise how awesome I am ;)

Each of those paragraphs/sentences are amazing. Surprise food/sauce combos are the shit.

Cena is a whore, he'll go where I tell him. The bet is about a heel turn for Cena that has been anticipated at WM. #FACE are betting Cena will not go heel, #HEEL the opposite. Cena is what sells t-shirts to kids, Vince will never make him go heel. Cena would not be able to be a good heel anyway. So yeah. Basically it is a vote for pessimism about the direction of the writing in WWE. But if I lose, it means WWE did something moderately interesting. If I win, I won. Happy either way.
Is The Miz in the same... thing... as Cena? I've seen interviews with him a few times and whilst a little hammy, seems like an entertaining dude.

$4 for Spec Ops The Line & The Darkness 2 bundle (separate Steamkeys) use code GFDAPR20

The 2 games I loved the most last year (Sleepy Dogs a close 3rd). GO GO GO
Any other deals?

Ha!

I think even I know enough about WWE to know that they'll never (well, maybe not 'never never', just 'hyperbole never') make crowd-saluting, armedforces promoting, dogtag wearing, win against the odds, permababyface Cena into a heal. At least not a hella dirty heal. Maybe a jaded, cynical not quite a heal but a little below a face anti-hero but nothing more.

Like you said, Cena is a powerful piece of the WWE earning portfolio and changing his current appeal would be a risky venture. If they did, though, it could be a sign that they're thinking slightly outside of their usual confines. Which I guess can only be a good thing.

I guess.

Rekorderlig slushies? Gotta try those next time I'm in Sydney/Canberra. Sound sweet.

Oh man, those look godly. I'm definitely making those after I try doing apple crumble cheesecake.

Oh fuck that sounds delicious. Post me a slice haha

I just ate breakfast a couple of minutes ago. 2 bowls of porridge, one with brown sugar and one with peanut butter. Whoaaaaaaa

Now I want a kebab though. :/
Lunch will be bacon and eggs. Unless I break and drive to kebab

Punk up over Undertaker would be godly, but it won't happen. Only thing I will be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom