• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Just got back from my first c25k, not gonna lie, I probably spent far too long trying to figure out what I should wear out running. A little sweaty now and a little bit wheezy but my legs are fine, I think my lungs are the weakest link coz of all that weed. The zombie thing was good but I got no music because I don't have any songs on my phone coz Spotify. Gotta transfer a couple of hi-nrg albums before I go out again.

Btw I think reptile had the best lookin kebab of today!

Jintor

Don't worry about what you wear when you run, worry more about what's comfortable to run in/won't fucking feel disgusting when matted with sweat

Just got back from my first c25k, not gonna lie, I probably spent far too long trying to figure out what I should wear out running.
Don't worry about what you wear when you run, worry more about what's comfortable to run in/won't fucking feel disgusting when matted with sweat
Yeah, pretty much. Fuck people if they'll judge you for wearing old or crappy gear while working out.

I was talking about being self conscious because I'd skipped running for a couple of days as it was cold and I didn't have anything suitable and long to wear. I went to buy some tracksuit pants and couldn't find anything suitable at a decent price, so bought some cheap compression tights instead. These things are ultra tight and quite thin, and I feel pretty exposed wearing them, but honestly no one but me gives a shit. And anyone who does can fuck right off.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah, pretty much. Fuck people if they'll judge you for wearing old or crappy gear while working out.

I was talking about being self conscious because I'd skipped running for a couple of days as it was cold and I didn't have anything suitable and long to wear. I went to buy some tracksuit pants and couldn't find anything suitable at a decent price, so bought some cheap compression tights instead. These things are ultra tight and quite thin, and I feel pretty exposed wearing them, but honestly no one but me gives a shit. And anyone who does can fuck right off.

Yeah I wasn't taking my time coz I wanted to look good, I was just genuinely stumped as to what would be good to exercise in considering its quite cool out. I went overboard with the fleecy trackies though lol. Definitely shorts next time no matter how cool it is when I start out.

Jintor

Unless it's driving rain (or snowing) shorts and a t-shirt are fine for any running thingy if you're gonna work up a sweat.

Deeku

a neck towl muffler thing-a-me is also quite handy! can be used as a temporary scarf too if it's kinda cold at the start lol

Dead Man

Yeah I wasn't taking my time coz I wanted to look good, I was just genuinely stumped as to what would be good to exercise in considering its quite cool out. I went overboard with the fleecy trackies though lol. Definitely shorts next time no matter how cool it is when I start out.

Rule number one of any excercise.

When it's under like 10 and not sunny, thin (i.e. not fleecy) tracksuit pants are still fine. Guess it depends on your own body. Just wear whatever's comfortable and you'll figure out what's right for you.

The important thing I've found is just getting that willpower to actually get out the door.

Regarding music, if you like podcasts they could be a good choice too (I prefer them over music for running, at least so far)...

Rule number one of any excercise.
I don't have enough fat on me to support that. :(

Fuck you for linking that.

thank you

Cruelty towards animals makes me so much more angry than human on human cruelty. Fuck people that hurt animals. Fuck organisations that profit form it. I wish the pain that they've caused back upon themselves.

Dead Man

Fuck you for linking that.

thank you

Cruelty towards animals makes me so much more angry than human on human cruelty. Fuck people that hurt animals. Fuck organisations that profit form it. I wish the pain that they've caused back upon themselves.

Sorry, even after the spoiler text. It's a shitty thing.

Danoss

Jesus, I think I need to stay out of that PETA thread for a bit, really fucking angry.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535092

Thanks for linking that. I thought it was going to be a "PETA are being fucking wacky and over-the-top again" thing, instead it's about how fucking evil and psychotic they really are.

For so long I've wondered why this hasn't been more common knowledge. The head cunt is a psychopath with a warped world view that needed putting down herself a long time ago. I thought people might be annoyed by the fact that they have terrorists on their payroll. Takes a lot to get people angry I suppose. Celebrities that get behind them piss me off and many of them I like outside of this. Is it just a "get behind a charity because you should" thing?

Sorry to bring it in here, I'd get my arse banned if I went in that thread with all the ignorance.

Dead Man

Thanks for linking that. I thought it was going to be a "PETA are being fucking wacky and over-the-top again" thing, instead it's about how fucking evil and psychotic they really are.

For so long I've wondered why this hasn't been more common knowledge. The head cunt is a psychopath with a warped world view that needed putting down herself a long time ago. I thought people might be annoyed by the fact that they have terrorists on their payroll. Takes a lot to get people angry I suppose. Celebrities that get behind them piss me off and many of them I like outside of this. Is it just a "get behind a charity because you should" thing?

Sorry to bring it in here, I'd get my arse banned if I went in that thread with all the ignorance.

No worries. I've known how shit they are for a while, it's just one poster in particular in there that will get me banned again.

Danoss

No worries. I've known how shit they are for a while, it's just one poster in particular in there that will get me banned again.

I read a bunch of shit on them a while ago and then it became apparent what they were really about. I was pissed off with what they were doing and also that they were taking advantage of people to do it. Then I saw the Penn and Teller: Bullshit! episode which showed some extra stuff I didn't know about and I'm more pissed off than ever.

I love animals so goddamn much that it hurts, especially to see some (most) of the shit that PETA does. I understand that due to the way that we've affected the world around us and other factors that culling and such is a thing that needs to be done, but those pricks just don't get it. I have no doubt that some of them take pleasure in what they do and that disgusts me to put it lightly.

I'll stop now, this thread has been the best thing ever lately (even though it is most of the time), I'd hate to bring the mood down.

Sorry, even after the spoiler text. It's a shitty thing.
I will quite happily admit to manly tears starting to well when I looked at those pictures. Animals, especially dogs, are my heart's Achilles Heel (is that better Jint?). Pictures, footage or stories about mistreated animals cuts through me like nothing else. My anger toward people who do shit like that would probably be classed as being at the biblical end of the scale. No quarter. No understanding.

While there are times that I can rationalise how it is that some people mistreat animals but I literally cannot understand how someone hurts or kills an animals or stands idly by as an one suffers. Or suffers due to a lack of care.

Ugh. It gets me angry enough that I lose the ability to articulate my thoughts.

Dead Man

I read a bunch of shit on them a while ago and then it became apparent what they were really about. I was pissed off with what they were doing and also that they were taking advantage of people to do it. Then I saw the Penn and Teller: Bullshit! episode which showed some extra stuff I didn't know about and I'm more pissed off than ever.

I love animals so goddamn much that it hurts, especially to see some (most) of the shit that PETA does. I understand that due to the way that we've affected the world around us and other factors that culling and such is a thing that needs to be done, but those pricks just don't get it. I have no doubt that some of them take pleasure in what they do and that disgusts me to put it lightly.

I'll stop now, this thread has been the best thing ever lately (even though it is most of the time), I'd hate to bring the mood down.

I will quite happily admit to manly tears starting to well when I looked at those pictures. Animals, especially dogs, are my heart's Achilles Heel (is that better Jint?). Pictures, footage or stories about mistreated animals cuts through me like nothing else. My anger toward people who do shit like that would probably be classed as being at the biblical end of the scale. No quarter. No understanding.

While there are times that I can rationalise how it is that some people mistreat animals but I literally cannot understand how someone hurts or kills an animals or stands idly by as an one suffers. Or suffers due to a lack of care.

Ugh. It gets me angry enough that I lose the ability to articulate my thoughts.

I'm with you both.

Shaneus

LOL you basterd. I had the Silent Hill 2 OST on while running at night one time, someone got stabbed one street over and I was freaked the fuck out before even finding that out.
Fucken' great song though.

Reminds me, I haven't even begun reading How Music Works by David Byrne that I got for Christmas. Once I return to Mullen's book and finish that (doubt it's too taxing) I'll hit Byrne's one.

PS. I honestly had no idea about any of that stuff re: PETA. As in literally none at all. I don't think I want to put too much effort into looking into it, but I think the Penn and Teller Bullshit! episode might be the only ticket I need.

Danoss

Rewatching the Plinkett reviews of the prequel trilogy always makes me depressed. What could have been. :(

Have you heard of the Topher Grace cut of them? He cut the three prequel films down into one and apparently it was actualy very good and watchable. Due to copyright, none of us will ever see it but we can imagine. Those who have had it screened for them at his place have nothing but good things to say.

Wanna know how much of The Phantom Menace made the cut? The fight scene. That's it. Nothing else in that first film is relevant, throw it out! It's pretty much "you must train the boy" and fight scene and on to Attack of the Clones.

I honestly had no idea about any of that stuff re: PETA. As in literally none at all. I don't think I want to put too much effort into looking into it, but I think the Penn and Teller Bullshit! episode might be the only ticket I need.

That show will do the trick man and show you pretty much all you need to know. It's great how they're all on YouTube for convenience.

Hey Shaneus, any good Someone Great by LCD Soundsystem remixes out there?

Yeah, but the way he finds every flaw and explains it perfectly really made me feel... justified. I knew they were bad, I just couldn't break it down like he did.
Yeah the first one or two times it felt great, now it is just sad that no one around Lucas could get the balls to protect the franchise like they did back in the old days.

Although it does make me hugely motivated to do something with myself, rather than just sit here and complain.

PS. I honestly had no idea about any of that stuff re: PETA. As in literally none at all. I don't think I want to put too much effort into looking into it, but I think the Penn and Teller Bullshit! episode might be the only ticket I need.
Protip: Watch ALL of P&T Bullshit. Must see stuff up there with Louis Theroux. Watch it all.

Have you heard of the Topher Grace cut of them? He cut the three prequel films down into one and apparently it was actualy very good and watchable. Due to copyright, none of us will ever see it but we can imagine. Those who have had it screened for them at his place have nothing but good things to say.

Wanna know how much of The Phantom Menace made the cut? The fight scene. That's it. Nothing else in that first film is relevant, throw it out! It's pretty much "you must train the boy" and fight scene and on to Attack of the Clones.
Yeah there are quite a few fan made recuts floating around, I remember watching one linked on GAF a few years back that was decent. It makes a lot of sense, I could see it being done with The Hobbit Trilogy eventually too I bet!

Phantom Menace is my fav out of the prequels just because it is so meaningless. Feels NOTHING like a Star Wars movie so I always took it as a random adventure movie lol, kind of like Starfox Adventures.

Shaneus

Hey Shaneus, any good Someone Great by LCD Soundsystem remixes out there?
Not from what I can tell after a quick look on the internets... doesn't look like anyone decent (officially) remixed it at all. Best I can do for you is point you in the direction of a b-side track of that single that happens to be a remix, LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous! (Soulwax Remix).

In fact, I have a feeling you might be the sort of guy who'd enjoy the wackiness-with-a-liberal-dash-of-insane-talent of Soulwax/2manydjs, if you haven't already:
Soulwax (the band):
E-Talking (not a great song, but the video is pretty rad)
NY Excuse
Too Many DJs
Any Minute Now
Krack (Original version)

2manydjs (but their remixes are always labelled "Soulwax". Go figs.):
Justice - Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax remix)
Gorillaz - Dare (Soulwax remix)
Chemical Bros - Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax remix)
The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Soulwax remix)* (you may be familiar with this if you've seen the movie "21")
The Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Soulwax remix)

*Easily my favourite. Twisted, but crazy awesome.

And as a music fan, even if you don't like the music I strongly suggest you hunt down their documentary "Part of the Weekend Never Dies". Guys are crazy talented.

PS. Thanks for the tips on Bullshit, dudes. I'm working through Sickbeard (cleaning up some shit) so I'll add it to it while I'm there!

1up.jpg

Today i turn 12*
i shall not care about this birthday either and act as if it were any other day
apart from this post, now im done.

happy birthday arnie

(not a great song, but the video is pretty rad)

*stinkeye*

And as a music fan, even if you don't like the music I strongly suggest you hunt down their documentary "Part of the Weekend Never Dies". Guys are crazy talented.

Heh, well this is funny as before I even got to the bottom of your post and read this I was going to say your post was getting me keen to watch potwnd again. Going to do that now. :)
Either the third or fourth viewing, can't remember.

Other soulwax lcd remixes:

LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing At My House (Soulwax remix)

LCD Soundsystem - You Wanted A Hit (Soulwax remix)

I finally got to see 2manydj's in December last year at Harbourlife after being too young whenever they'd been here before.
They didn't disappoint and played some downright bonkers shit.
Flight Facilities were also stellar and Flume was Flume.

Shaneus

*stinkeye*
Maybe I'd like the song better if I hadn't seen the video, but since I saw them together, the song always just felt like a vehicle for the vid.

Been a 2manydjs man for years, their set at BDO was exhausting.
This is good news. I saw them a few years back at a Summadayze and it was just mindbendingly good, the amount of songs they managed to fit into their set AND make it work just blew me away -IGN.com.

Poona

I think the celebs help them out if the causes are close to them. Like Joaquin Phoenix, Paul McCartney, Peter Dinklage and the like will do vegetarian/vegan campaigns. Olivia Munn and others do ones for elephants in the circus, others do campaigns regarding fur, Ryan Gosling has just lent his support to getting dehorning phased out in the dairy industry, etc.

Anyway regarding this recent issue PETA have explained themselves on Twitter with linking to these two pages:

http://features.peta.org/petasaves/
http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/2009/03/30/why-we-euthanize.aspx

Then a piece on the guy who wrote on HuffingtonPost:
http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/nathan-winograds-redemption-no-kill-or-no-clue.aspx

Omni

I don't even know why I'm still awake, but dat gaming side. Any thread regarding the Nextbox turns into a complete clusterfuck of melodramatic breakdowns and pointless arguments. I don't understand why people get so caught up in rumours... or even consoles for that matter.

Dead Man

I don't even know why I'm still awake, but dat gaming side. Any thread regarding the Nextbox turns into a complete clusterfuck of melodramatic breakdowns and pointless arguments. I don't understand why people get so caught up in rumours... or even consoles for that matter.

I'm loving it, it's keeping me very amused at work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom