• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jintor, something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

Danoss

Grabbed a quick and dirty panorama from tonight's game at Parramatta Stadium. Took it just before the second half kickoff, the sun was setting and I thought the clouds looked rad.

Fogz

Its alright everyone, we saved the world. Just :p

RzUoGJ3.jpg

Grabbed a quick and dirty panorama from tonight's game at Parramatta Stadium. Took it just before the second half kickoff, the sun was setting and I thought the clouds looked rad.

those clouds look super dope
kinda makes me sad theres a rugby (?) match on the bottom half because thats the kinda photo i would use somewhere, but i dont want to give the impression that i like sport.

today on my birthday i spent a good hour at work looking up into the clouds and thinking about them. was a real easy fun day at work until all the public showed up to the mcg are were real fuckheads.

Oh that's right, end of Daylight Savings tonight hey. Was thinking it was time to head to bed, then glanced at the clock and it was an hour earlier than it had been moments before.

I'm always surprised at the amount of activity in AusGAF at this time of the morning.

I've been spending less and less time on GAF lately, so I feel out of the loop. I saw a thread about gender equality on the front page and was like "What's an RPS"? It was refreshing to read something that wasn't about console wars for a change.

I'm always surprised at the amount of activity in AusGAF at this time of the morning.

I've been spending less and less time on GAF lately, so I feel out of the loop. I saw a thread about gender equality on the front page and was like "What's an RPS"? It was refreshing to read something that wasn't about console wars for a change.
Especially from you! Don't you have sleep to be desperately catching up on?

I, on the other hand, am up playing settlers and drinking gin at the best 21st yet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HN now have the HTC One for pre-order at $698, 32GB Silver one. So fucking tempted to pick that up as my first Android handset, Especially after the insane review over on anandtech.

Downloading stuff at 5am via cable, Super fast. Guess my area is kinda congested, oh wells. Getting 10Mb/s down on usenet instead of 3 or 4 haha.

Deeku

why am i still here:/ i have serious issues with saying "no", and feeling bad for not joining friends. now my sleep schedule is gona be fucked again.

Especially from you! Don't you have sleep to be desperately catching up on?

I, on the other hand, am up playing settlers and drinking gin at the best 21st yet.
I was up for Henry's 2am feed. The displaced sleep from being up for an hour in the middle of the night every night has to come from somewhere, which is why I went to bed at 8:30pm last night.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like I can now stream games with cable.

Who is excited to see me play games .. No one!

If only I was good at something specific I might actually try and stream real stuff. Damn my old age.

I never understood the appeal of streaming or watching a stream of someone playing a game. Is it really that hot a feature that it should become one of a console's selling points?

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah I don't get it either, my backlog is big enough that I'd be better off playing instead of watching, and if I was that interested in a particular game I wouldn't want to ruin the experience for myself by watching someone else fumble their way through it in low def.

Deeku

I kinda like it if there's funny commentary. If I do watch its usually in the background while I'm doing other stuff, similar to podcasts.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I never understood the appeal of streaming or watching a stream of someone playing a game. Is it really that hot a feature that it should become one of a console's selling points?

I think it all depends in what you're interested in seeing. I love watching streams, Ranging from Professional Dota 2 players either actually practising or just messing around in public games to speedrunners like sig, cosmo, adamak and so on.

Why I enjoy watching it .. I don't know the answer to it. Most of the people I watch tend to be involved with the viewers, either talking about what's going on, interacting with the chat and so on. So it ends up being somewhat more involved than just staring at a screen watching someone do something.

It's usually just watching someone else play a game you can't play well or can't be bothered playing. Watching things go horribly wrong in a speed run attempt is always fun as well. Especially adam who speed runs GTA, those GTA physics, outstanding.

I should point out. For example, Siglemic is currently running SM64 speed run attempts. He has 7k viewers right now, If you wanted to see someone destroy SM64 then sig is the guy to watch.

Fusebox

Banned
Oh yeah, I could probably watch high level Starcraft, Dota, Street Fighter and speedruns etc, but I could never watch someone play though a single player campaign of a game I thought I'd play someday.

markot

Banned
Telstra is the worst customer service wise >.>

They havent ported my number in over a week, and they cant fix my account so that I can register for online access.....

Im totally staying with Vodafone now >.<

The Share feature means I can watch Lets Play type videos of PS4 games without even needing to own one, there are plenty of titles I am interested in watching rather than playing.

All Mario games fall into this category for me, I find them boring to play unless it is an uberplayer hitting a rhythm so I don't bother buying them any more.

Dead Man

So, do I remember somebody having a script that would remove posters on an ignore list completely or something, so you didn't even see that they had posted?

Telstra is the worst customer service wise >.>

They havent ported my number in over a week, and they cant fix my account so that I can register for online access.....

Im totally staying with Vodafone now >.<

I agree with the first, the second is a very bold move.

Kritz

Banned
What have I done to deserve such torture?

You were 'away' on Steam when we started and only came back 3/4 of the way through and immediately after we finished Steam disconnected everyone for a good 10-15 minutes.

WE THOUGHT ABOUT YOU AT LEAST

So, do I remember somebody having a script that would remove posters on an ignore list completely or something, so you didn't even see that they had posted?

should be it. You can't install it directly from the site but some people have managed to get it working via one means or another.

Dead Man

You were 'away' on Steam when we started and only came back 3/4 of the way through and immediately after we finished Steam disconnected everyone for a good 10-15 minutes.

WE THOUGHT ABOUT YOU AT LEAST

should be it. You can't install it directly from the site but some people have managed to get it working via one means or another.

Seems to work perfectly. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom