• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Yes, happy birthday you guys :) Now get off the internet, go outside and enjoy your youth while you still can! Don't wait until it's too late!
Yup, one of a kind.
I stumbled across this last night. At first I was all WTF, but then I was all ZOMG.

The main thing I like about them as remixers is that they know *exactly* how much needs to be done when remixing a song. I mean, compare Hey Boy Hey Girl (where they barely touched it) to that Stones track (where it's essentially unrecognisable without the vocals)... the right amount of work put into each one.

I'd probably also credit them with being the first guys of the recent dance/club/festival culture (ie. last 15-20 years) to play non-club/non-dance tracks in their sets, have it *work* and all the while not giving a fuck when doing it.

Massive, massive respect for those guys.

PS. I love this tidbit about NY Excuse:
"On the DVD Nancy Whang says that Stephen Dewaele flew to NY especially to see her, but he told the record label that they were going to record a song together so the label would pay for it all... so the song ended up being the "excuse" that they made."

Jintor

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

happy barfday

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Harvey Norman have the lg 29" on display and for 677. This thing is super odd.

Prob selling the non good firmware one for cheap.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Harvey Norman have ludicrous prices a lot of the time.

Haha. That price is the best I've seen locally. I think it's usually about 750, which it was marked down from.

So far my shopping has netted me nothing cause I'm a slack cunt. I am about to eat grilld though and then the buying shall maybe commence.

Clothes shopping. I have no idea what I'm doing. Shan I'm going to borrow u during pad to come clothes shopping down bourke st!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haha. That price is the best I've seen locally. I think it's usually about 750, which it was marked down from.

So far my shopping has netted me nothing cause I'm a slack cunt. I am about to eat grilld though and then the buying shall maybe commence.

Clothes shopping. I have no idea what I'm doing. Shan I'm going to borrow u during pad to come clothes shopping down bourke st!

8rbCUo0.jpg

$4.

3 pockets, button up woolen vest from the Nick Faldo range

(H)

Happy birthday! You make me feel less young and awkward !

I'm down, especially if there is grilld involved.

Fusebox

Banned
Been a 2manydjs man for years, their set at BDO was exhausting.

I saw em at a field day or fuzzy breaks or something a few years back and they fucking sucked. And I was a huge fan before then. Just lazy, hardly even mixing, started the set with a full, untouched, unmashed Britney Spears song. The crowd was with me too, everyone was pumped at the start but the dance floor started clearing quick smart.

HolyCheck

you guys forget where i live ;_; i'm just trying to survive.

id never wear it out of the house anyway. its for reading leatherbound books and drinking brandy

Shaneus

I saw em at a field day or fuzzy breaks or something a few years back and they fucking sucked. And I was a huge fan before then. Just lazy, hardly even mixing, started the set with a full, untouched, unmashed Britney Spears song. The crowd was with me too, everyone was pumped at the start but the dance floor started clearing quick smart.
I think we've had this discussion before... didn't you see them in Melbourne (Myer Music Bowl) at Summadayze or Good Vibes or something? Because I thought we disagreed on whether they were actually good or not. Could be mistaken though.

HolyCheck

i don't have a proper mirror in my apartment to take a photo :(

but now i'm wearing brown shorts, a white tshirt and the green vest

2manydjs would definitely live or die on how well they mix for the crowd, if one track runs too long it takes all the air out of the set.

i don't have a proper mirror in my apartment to take a photo :(

but now i'm wearing brown shorts, a white tshirt and the green vest

Go outside and ask someone to take it for you.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally home. $708 from a single clothing store after the pretty blonde spent ages helping me try on a random assortment of bullshit.

I won't have to go clothes shopping for a good while.

Danoss

Happy birthday Arnie and Magenta!

Had Pho for lunch and it was awesome as usual. Went to top it off with a Monaco Bar but there were none to be found in the whole of Parramatta. I grabbed a Maxibon instead, but even that was difficult to track down. I thought a shop with a massive Maxibon sign might be the place to go, rookie mistake it seems. 7 Eleven to the rescue, and the caramel crunch one is fucking fantastic.

Now if only the Eels don't get their arse handed to then tonight, it'll be a good day. Might have to settle for an enjoyable lunch if I'm realistic.

Good work on the clothes, Cookie. Most ladies in those stores are pretty cool and are a great help for picking out a new wardrobe. If you don't know someone to take with you, they're a safe second option.

Fusebox

Banned
I think we've had this discussion before... didn't you see them in Melbourne (Myer Music Bowl) at Summadayze or Good Vibes or something? Because I thought we disagreed on whether they were actually good or not. Could be mistaken though.

Yeah man I think it might have even been the Good Vibes when I went for Farina and bumped into you. I don't think I've been to a Summerdayz before.

To be fair it may have even been technical, maybe the second deck wasn't working or something like that.

happy birthday magentaaaaa

I stumbled across this last night. At first I was all WTF, but then I was all ZOMG.

From the same CD

"Bodymovin' Across The Unbelievable" (Maceo Parker VS Beastie Boys)
"So Watcha Want Your Money" (Beastie Boys VS ODB)

Finally home. $708 from a single clothing store after the pretty blonde spent ages helping me try on a random assortment of bullshit.

I won't have to go clothes shopping for a good while.

Damn 700 dollaroos in one store. You probably made her week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom