• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Throttle is my least favourite Tim Schafer game. There. I said it.

I was more thinking what provider they're on... I think Aldi was Telstra, but 3G only? And didn't they have some arse data limit per day?
3G, no data limit. 5GB a month. Correct me if I am reading it wrong.

Also Galaxy S3 16GB for $388 delivered

Holy shit. So good.

b5tly9M.jpg
FPz8J7Q.jpg

I wonder if I can get that on android
Yep, I run through CMI on my Galaxy S2 and the Touchpad every week or so!

Full Throttle is the title that got me in to adventure games and The Schafe. Gave me my GAF name, too. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Fucking awesome. What's it from?

PS. Not as relatable as this guy:
LPwsqSnm.jpg

Voltasaur Team Kyoryuger, the current show in the franchise that Power Rangers lifts footage from. That's Kyoryu Blue, he's a goofy uncle complete with dad jokes.

Segata is someone you fearfully admire more than relate to.

Shaneus

3G, no data limit. 5GB a month. Correct me if I am reading it wrong.
Oh, you're right... but I was just emphasising that I wanted to know the network it was on as well, as I've had problems with everyone else bar Telstra :)

Full Throttle is the title that got me in to adventure games and The Schafe. Gave me my GAF name, too. I have nothing but good things to say about it.
Holy shit, had no idea on your username. There ya go!

Voltasaur Team Kyoryuger, the current show in the franchise that Power Rangers lifts footage from. That's Kyoryu Blue, he's a goofy uncle complete with dad jokes.
Rad rad rad. Must get.

Segata is someone you fearfully admire more than relate to.
Well, for you maybe.

Her terms as prime minister centred around privatisations, deregulation, taxation and decreasing the power of trade unions. None of these are usually seen as popular by the public at large. She also did not present herself as a warm, cuddly, fuzzy little woman, earning herself the title "Iron Maiden." Because woman can't be strong, unlike men. Strong men a cool, strong women are bitches that just lost their way back to the kitchen. Some people see her time as Prime Minister as a dark time in British History due to a recession and high unemployment. She was arguably the Prime Minister that England didn't want but deserved.

None of this excuses the celebration of her death. But people are complete asshats prone to dipshitery and don't give a fuck about being decent. Plus, someone is dead lolz.

Her terms as prime minister centred around privatisations, deregulation, taxation and decreasing the power of trade unions. None of these are usually seen as popular by the public at large. She also did not present herself as a warm, cuddly, fuzzy little woman, earning herself the title "Iron Maiden." Because woman can't be strong, unlike men. Strong men a cool, strong women are bitches that just lost their way back to the kitchen. Some people see her time as Prime Minister as a dark time in British History due to a recession and high unemployment. She was arguably the Prime Minister that England didn't want but deserved.

None of this excuses the celebration of her death. But people are complete asshats prone to dipshitery and don't give a fuck about being decent. Plus, someone is dead lolz.

Iron Lady, she weren't no maiden.

It was the Russians nickname for her iirc

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is anyone here professional at Gmail?

I'm wondering how hard it would be to make it all nice and tidy, So specific emails go into specific folders instead of having 200 messages in my inbox. Clearly there wouldn't be a rule for everything and some manual labour would still be required, But a lot of what I get tends to be from the same place.

Anyone know how to go about it?

Omikron

I'm wondering how hard it would be to make it all nice and tidy, So specific emails go into specific folders instead of having 200 messages in my inbox. Clearly there wouldn't be a rule for everything and some manual labour would still be required, But a lot of what I get tends to be from the same place.

In the web version, click on the cog on the right and then click settings.

Go to the filters tab, click create filter (at the bottom)

Enter your filter details, I have this in the To: Field for my steam one....
Code:
*@*.steampowered.com

Click Create Filter with this search

On the next screen, select what you want to do with it. I like labelling rather than archiving. Means I have 100s of unread msgs in my inbox, but I am fine with that, its labelling for informational purposes that I find useful.

Select the 'also apply filter...' checkbox if you want to apply the filter immediately on clicking Create and you are done.

I like this one, good evidence that PC will be the lead platform for development again.

Also that other thread must be an elaborate troll. IT MUST BE. :/

Can someone tell me why Margaret Thatchers death is being celebrated? Finding it pretty disgusting tbh. She's still a person.

Because they were too scared to say mean things about her when she was alive. I found it pretty disgusting too tbh.

Shaneus

zxZjMsL.png

Fusebox

Banned

Lol that's too good. Is this a boy thing? My girl is about 16 months now and she hardly ever cries for odd reasons.

There's something about playing old-school adventure games whilst sitting on your couch that just feels so much more... I dunno, comfortable? Intimate? Just you and the screen and a story... no keyboards or sitting upright at your computer desk, you can play it wherever you want, no probs.

Hell yeah man, finished FFVII on Vita recently and I had the exact same feel. It's almost like curling up with a good book as opposed to the sensory overload of some modern games on a massive screen.

Stackboy

Cool, thanks for the summary.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thanks guys. I figured it had to do something with filters but I wasn't sure how to do it all correctly.

Something to do for one of these days.

Shaneus

Hell yeah man, finished FFVII on Vita recently and I had the exact same feel. It's almost like curling up with a good book as opposed to the sensory overload of some modern games on a massive screen.
Abso-fucking-lutely. There's probably a whole stack of old PC and console games just like that which would work better on a smaller, more personal screen but there just wasn't the means to do it at the time so they were released on the only platforms available.

I wouldn't mind making that into a little bit of a side project or blog or something... games which are infinitely better on a tablet. It'd probably be mostly adventure games anyway, but it'd be a fun thing to discover.

Fusebox

Banned
Maschinarium and PvZ for a start!

Have you got a Vita? P4G is god-tier portable RPG. It ticks every box you can think of and then a shitload more you didn't think of.

I'm 60 hours in, still getting new gameplay surprises and don't want it to ever end!

Btw went for another run last night, I decided the Zombie C25K which was initially good is actually too vague for me. Sometimes they tell you to run, so I run for ages, then they tell me to run again and I'm like wtf I haven't stopped.

I tried a different one last night called C25K Free and it's way better. Works with Spotify playing and all I get is a chicks voice over the top saying 'start running', 'start walking' etc. Works a treat, but I wouldn't mind tracking my distance which it doesn't do.

Shaneus

Maschinarium and PvZ for a start!
I was more thinking of games that were released prior to tablets/touchscreens that, with things like ScummVM, DosPad etc. are far more suited to playing on a tablet, regardless of the visual fidelity playing on a modern-day platform brings.

Have you got a Vita? P4G is god-tier portable RPG. It ticks every box you can think of and then a shitload more you didn't think of.

I'm 60 hours in, still getting new gameplay surprises and don't want it to ever end!
Damnit, people keep talking about this game. I might have to hunt it down when it hits <$20.

Fusebox

Banned
I was more thinking of games that were released prior to tablets/touchscreens that, with things like ScummVM, DosPad etc. are far more suited to playing on a tablet, regardless of the visual fidelity playing on a modern-day platform brings.

Well I played the Monkey Island remake on iPad but that probably doesn't count because it was the remake. I'll definitly hit up the ScummVM library again when my backlog goes down.

Damnit, people keep talking about this game. I might have to hunt it down when it hits <$20.

So you do have a Vita... but you don't have P4G? I'ma call you Shameus from now on son.

Fredescu

So what do we think of the Coalition's plan for the NBN:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...dge-cheaper-nbn-all-round-20130409-2hi4h.html

Cliff notes:

- FTTN
- Minimum speeds of 25mbps
- $20 billion
- $24/month less for end user than under current NBN

Spending all this money and leaving decades old copper in the ground is fucking dumb but it's what we're going to get, so I guess it's pointless getting too annoyed about it. It's four times slower than what I've got, but I guess it helps people without that sort of access.

So what do we think of the Coalition's plan for the NBN:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...dge-cheaper-nbn-all-round-20130409-2hi4h.html

Cliff notes:

- FTTN
- Minimum speeds of 25mbps
- $20 billion
- $24/month less for end user than under current NBN

I'm thinking I'm sick of the government as a whole not being able to back themselves on anything. I'm sick of the bulk shot, why not just sit down TOGETHER and work this shit out? then the population won't get their expectations fucked over when you change the previous party's plans on whatever.

we're getting min 100mbps, not wait liberals get voted in
now we're getting 25mbps min. no wait labour came back 4 years later. argh. its so annoying and frustrating.

senahorse

We will get the NBN we deserve, that is the Coalitions hodge podge backwards thinking pile of steaming shit.

edit: Labor's vision of the NBN is the first major policy (that I can fully get behind) in years that has the future in mind. I am really upset about what is going to happen but not much can be done about it, besides with Abbott at the helm I have a feeling it will be the least of our coming worries. From a selfish point of view, work has started in my area so hopefully the contract is fulfilled, but even if it is it wouldn't surprised me if it's sold off to Telstra anyway.

Shaneus

Well I played the Monkey Island remake on iPad but that probably doesn't count because it was the remake. I'll definitly hit up the ScummVM library again when my backlog goes down.
Full Throttle is a bit finicky with the controls (especially the "action" bits) but generally, it plays almost as well as if it was made natively. Plus you can run all sorts of other random shit, like this:
mZ3NAKO.png

Might have to fire it up on my other tablet (the Windpad 110W) to see if things run any better on it. It's bulkier, but I only have 16gb on my iPad but 64gb on that other monstrosity.

So you do have a Vita... but you don't have P4G? I'ma call you Shameus from now on son.
RPGs, dude. I have a thing against playing lengthy games on tiny little baby screens. That's (one reason) why I dig 2048 and Lumines but despise Uncharted. Quick bursts of gaming. And the Vita lends itself to being something you hunch over, given you need to use two hands and hold it fairly close. ScummVM is all about poking your finger at things and even resting it on a bed/pillow/couch arm, something that's far less "gamey" and more bookey/"story-ey".

Fredescu

By the way, "spending less" on the NBN is completely meaningless since even the expensive version was going to make it's money back. This isn't a decision about economics. It's pure politics.

senahorse

Careful wording by Abbott, "A cost benefit analysis of THE COALITION'S NBN", so what's the point if you have already decided on this fucked up solution.

edit: this is horrible, just totally political, god I hate politicians

edit2: Don't do anything, why waste 30 billion on this fucking mess of a solution when we need to spend another 40 anyway in 10 years.

Shaneus

Lets revisit this discussion when you've sunk a few hours into it, I think you'll be singing a different song then.

PS please don't sing :p

Edit: It's $27 at play-asia today, thats not a bad price:

http://www.play-asia.com/Persona_4_Golden/paOS-13-71-1ab-49-en-70-4q5j.html
What's the memory card footprint... not too big? And is that a daily sale? Just had a quick hunt around and that's by far the cheapest it can be had... by about $15 or so.

BTW Yo rep, can this be had any cheaper?

Q1 is done, what is your current GOTY leader? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536865

At least 5 answers of 'Last of Us'.

Video games I guess.
Infinite I guess. Great game that I expect will be warmly remembered after the backlash that hits in the next few weeks is over. Much more fun to play than Bioshock despite the repetitive nature of the conveyor belt.

By the way, "spending less" on the NBN is completely meaningless since even the expensive version was going to make it's money back. This isn't a decision about economics. It's pure politics.
Politics is all about appeasing the shareholders these days, gotta make that profit each financial year!

We have the worst crop of politicians since.... colony days where they were all illiterate rapists.
I don't think anyone can disagree with this markot post.

What's the memory card footprint... not too big? And is that a daily sale? Just had a quick hunt around and that's by far the cheapest it can be had... by about $15 or so.

BTW Yo rep, can this be had any cheaper?
Nah that is the usual sale price at Play Asia, back on sale again after it was a weekly deal a few weeks back.

FUCKING STEAL at that price. 100+ hours of fun. You will get enjoyment out of it. Persona 3 & 4 are the best RPG's since the glory days. Full of character and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom