• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Mr Turnbull defined ''fast'' broadband as 25 megabits per second download speeds

4G93voWl.jpg

A teacher just mentioned the "vaccines have been linked to autism" thing with a straight face without following it up with "incorrectly, by nutters".

Forget TAFE funding cuts, shut the whole thing down :/

How do they know the 'likely' amounts? Why didn't they just double the figures again since they are just making it up anyway.

Btw went for another run last night, I decided the Zombie C25K which was initially good is actually too vague for me. Sometimes they tell you to run, so I run for ages, then they tell me to run again and I'm like wtf I haven't stopped.

I tried a different one last night called C25K Free and it's way better. Works with Spotify playing and all I get is a chicks voice over the top saying 'start running', 'start walking' etc. Works a treat, but I wouldn't mind tracking my distance which it doesn't do.

Damn it you made me spend $6 on apps! Nah, The 5K one is alright, only done the intro episode which doesn't even have any running in it lol
Will try the first run tomorrow morning hopefully if I wake up early enough.

I use/used Endomondo to track runs, works really well. The paid version was like 10c on Google Play about a year ago. Here is a run down of a few, most people use RunKeeper since it is free.

Thanks guys. I figured it had to do something with filters but I wasn't sure how to do it all correctly.

Something to do for one of these days.
Having an organised inbox is a godsend. Being able to apply multiple labels to emails is also really useful.

Unsubscribe from those emails you never read, apply labels, maybe mark as read for unimportant stuff. Also use the Priority Inbox for people you really care about setting email from.

I never archive with a filter. If it goes straight to archive I probably don't even need to receive it.

I tried a different one last night called C25K Free and it's way better. Works with Spotify playing and all I get is a chicks voice over the top saying 'start running', 'start walking' etc. Works a treat, but I wouldn't mind tracking my distance which it doesn't do.
I use Endomondo Pro on Android (picked it up for $0.10) and it does interval (for C25K starting out) and distance stuff, with audio feedback. Also good information after the run.

Shaneus

Nah that is the usual sale price at Play Asia, back on sale again after it was a weekly deal a few weeks back.

FUCKING STEAL at that price. 100+ hours of fun. You will get enjoyment out of it. Persona 3 & 4 are the best RPG's since the glory days. Full of character and fun.
God damnit rep.

Was that including shipping?

Dead Man

In my experience Conroy actually knows what he's talking about whereas Abbott has no clue beyond his prepared words. (missed him talking just now)
Mr Internet Filter knows what he's talking about?
A teacher just mentioned the "vaccines have been linked to autism" thing with a straight face without following it up with "incorrectly, by nutters".

Bloody hell
From the Liberal's NBN policy document:

lbs_zps310bda2a.png:original

There is so much bullshit here, I don't even know where to start...
Jesus.

senahorse

Not sure why Labor NBNs retail price will double between now and 2021.

Probably when they have to move to Laser technology that Alan Jones spoke of
never mind that fibre already uses laser
. I think they are basing it on the increasing costs to back haul over time, there is no science here though, it just makes for a nice line item on the chart.

Omikron

This game looks gorgeous, how does it work?

Kinda reminds me of Settlers of Catan from first glance.

Not at all like Catan... its basically area control. Each player has the same set of influence tiles, they start with a hand of 5, placing one and drawing one, once a piece is surrounded, the player with the most influence wins that piece.

Scoring is a bit weird in that if you have majority in 2 types you win out right, but that usually doesn't decide it, so it comes down to tie breakers... those that have at least the most in something qualify to win and you count all your other pieces, person with the most wins.

Quite cool, takes about 30-45 mins to play, plays 2-4, working with any number in that range well. Although can become quite thinky with more.

Fusebox

Banned
FUCKING STEAL at that price. 100+ hours of fun. You will get enjoyment out of it. Persona 3 & 4 are the best RPG's since the glory days. Full of character and fun.

So true man, I'm at the 60 hour mark and I saw yet another new gameplay mechanic this morning that made me say 'oh wow holy shit this is good'. The game just keeps on giving.

Lol, I like your teacher.

edit: Shit, read that wrong, I thought they DID follow up by saying "incorrectly, by nutters". Your teacher sucks.

Not at all like Catan... its basically area control. Each player has the same set of influence tiles, they start with a hand of 5, placing one and drawing one, once a piece is surrounded, the player with the most influence wins that piece.

Scoring is a bit weird in that if you have majority in 2 types you win out right, but that usually doesn't decide it, so it comes down to tie breakers... those that have at least the most in something qualify to win and you count all your other pieces, person with the most wins.

Quite cool, takes about 30-45 mins to play, plays 2-4, working with any number in that range well. Although can become quite thinky with more.

The game looks great. Sounds interesting also. I will have to look into it.

Shaneus

Postage is free from Play Asia when you order USD$25+ worth of stuff.
Love you.

So true man, I'm at the 60 hour mark and I saw yet another new gameplay mechanic this morning that made me say 'oh wow holy shit this is good'. The game just keeps on giving.
Hate you. 'sif I need more games.

Are the controls just button/joystick only? And graphics... are they squinty RPG-style or do they work alright on the Vita?

Fusebox

Banned
Hate you. 'sif I need more games.

Are the controls just button/joystick only? And graphics... are they squinty RPG-style or do they work alright on the Vita?

Button/joystick only, although I can only think of a couple of places where touch might be nice, like opening the map by tapping it would be good. Graphics are terrific imo, text is large and sharp, animation is slick, the colors just pop on that OLED. Graphically and visually, taken as a whole package I think it's one of the best looking games on the system and some of the songs are just addictive, they get stuck right in your head and won't leave.

On the other hand, do try and forget everything we tell you and go into it without any expectations coz I'd hate to accidentally overhype it and not have it deliver.

In fact, it stinks. It's terrible. Boo! Boo!

How do they know the 'likely' amounts? Why didn't they just double the figures again since they are just making it up anyway.

Damn it you made me spend $6 on apps! Nah, The 5K one is alright, only done the intro episode which doesn't even have any running in it lol
Will try the first run tomorrow morning hopefully if I wake up early enough.

I use/used Endomondo to track runs, works really well. The paid version was like 10c on Google Play about a year ago. Here is a run down of a few, most people use RunKeeper since it is free.

Sorry man, I owe you a beer, I definitely prematurely pimped that app. I only did the first ep too, maybe thats why I thought their run/walk signals weren't clear enough because I thought when they said 'zombies are coming, move quickly' that was my cue to run but I never got a cue to slow down lol.

I'll check runkeeper thanks man.

All good, I actually enjoyed the voice acting and the script so it should be a fun thing to go through while trying to gain some fitness! Went creepily well with the new How To Destroy Angels album.

IT IS EVERYTHING YOU LIKE AND WAIT THERE IS MORE

Two things to lol at on ABCNews24 today:

John Howard singing Thatchers praises. That pretty much says it all.

And The Coalition NBN policy that, regardless of the fact it's inferior to Labors NBN, will never happen. Abbott will win government with a massive majority, see no reason to follow through with pretty much any of his promises (which are few in the first place) and will come up with some bullshit excuse to "delay" it. Probably something about Labors debt.

Don't be fooled, folks. The Libs and Infrastructure don't go well in the same sentence.

And The Coalition NBN policy that, regardless of the fact it's inferior to Labors NBN, will never happen. Abbott will win government with a massive majority, see no reason to follow through with pretty much any of his promises (which are few in the first place) and will come up with some bullshit excuse to "delay" it. Probably something about Labors debt.

State governments have already been spinning this for the past few years, not sure it will still hold up by next year.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Sounds like all teachers should be subjected to a critical thinking test with binary true or false answers! (even if that's kind of against the spirit of critical thought.. oh well)

Play Asia weekly deals, any order over USD$25 is free postage, otherwise $5 postage, just buy some pocky or some shit

TT2oX.png

Under Defeat HD on PS3 for $17
Adventure Time on 3DS for $19
Uncharted 3 OMGFGOTYEDITION on PS3 for $21
Killzone 3 on PS3 for $17
Not So Epic Mickey 2 on PS3 for $21
Sonic Racing Transformed on WiiU/PS3/360 for $24

Persona 4 Golden on Vita for $27 until midnight tonight.

Theyre reporting on ABCnews that an asylum seeker boat just sailed into the Port of Geralton unchallenged.

Regardless of your views on the debate, the fact that any unauthorised vessel can just freely sail into our cities is just extraordinary.

Haha at the car seat
The fridge one gets me.

Also the little guy wants to go to the toilet by himself all the time now, gets the shits when I try to help him take his shoes off lol

I meant for conciseness' sake, silly. And what happened to your tentacle bargain monster?

The Imgur extension for Chrome has been crap for a long time now, too much hassle! Keeps randomly forgetting some.

TT2oX.png

I'm just hoping the NBN contracts are secure in my area. I'm in a starting within 1 year zone and I know they are already rolling it out about 3-4km away in the zone and other parts of Canberra already have it switched on. If you are going to do one thing right Conroy, make sure they can't weasel out of it come September 15th!

Fusebox

Banned
Just ordered P4G from play-asia for the dude who sits next to me at work, and I ordered Spec ops: The Line for PS3 for $19 for meself.

I'm just hoping the NBN contracts are secure in my area. I'm in a starting within 1 year zone and I know they are already rolling it out about 3-4km away in the zone and other parts of Canberra already have it switched on. If you are going to do one thing right Conroy, make sure they can't weasel out of it come September 15th!

I wouldnt count on it. Theyll want to showboat after they win, sortof like what Labor did with Workchoices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom