• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Never had a problem. If they gave you a refund what is the issue? You got a free book. You can always buy it again somewhere else.

The issue is that I expect my books to arrive relatively undamaged (small dents here and there I'm fine with -- such was the case with my Alice: Madness Returns art book) and The Hobbit was not the first unfortunate instance.

Dead Man

The issue is that I expect my books to arrive relatively undamaged (small dents here and there I'm fine with -- such was the case with my Alice: Madness Returns art book) and The Hobbit was not the first unfortunate instance.

Fair enough. Given their prices and their willingness to refund, they would still be my first choice.

I sure hope Hungry Jacks are going to fucking go bankrupt soon. Useless fucks. Why do I keep giving them a chance not to be fucking awful? I guess it is mainly my fault.

Perhaps my local postie is just a misanthropic prick. :(
One place I rented back in Geelong had an issue with a stickyfingered postie, had to get quite a few refunds there.

I want me an Art of Brutal Legend and one of Bruce Timm's artbooks.
So expensive though! $50 plus shipping at Double Fine, wish they had free postage!

JaseC

Fair enough. Given their prices and their willingness to refund, they would still be my first choice.

I'll happily return to using BD on a regular basis if The Art of Portal 2 arrives in a satisfactory condition.

Edit: ...in 217+ days. Apparently the book didn't make its original release date.

Shaneus

So expensive though! $50 plus shipping at Double Fine, wish they had free postage!
But they're rad, because of this:
uynhv3b.jpg

Especially because he only ordered a sticker, but got this as well:

Jintor

I sure hope Hungry Jacks are going to fucking go bankrupt soon. Useless fucks. Why do I keep giving them a chance not to be fucking awful? I guess it is mainly my fault.

One place I rented back in Geelong had an issue with a stickyfingered postie, had to get quite a few refunds there.

$46 on BD + free shipping. Still out of my price range atm but a little better

JaseC

Pretty sure it got cancelled.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I can't seem to can't find any word from Dark House on the matter... and of course Valve never talks about anything. :p 217 days from now would put its release at ~mid-November, though -- maybe it comes with Half-Life 3!

$46 on BD + free shipping. Still out of my price range atm but a little better
Not signed though!

:)
I'm thinking the same thing, but I can't seem to can't find any word from Dark House on the matter... and of course Valve never talks about anything. :p 217 days from now would put its release at ~mid-November, though -- maybe it comes with Half-Life 3!

While there isn't an Amazon page I would take it with a grain of salt. The no show on Dark Horse pages is an even worse sign. It will pop up again though, even if it happens once the deal with Dark Horse lapses and Valve have to do it themselves. There is plenty of money to be made with it.

Fusebox

Banned

I only like one HJ burger, the bacon double deluxe. It used to come wrapped in paper in that's where the magic happened, everything kind of steamed and congealed together into one solid lump of amazing greasiness. Now they've started putting it in a cardboard box and it just sucks. What's with that?

magenta

I saw an attack ad against Barry O'Farrell today on the streets of Wollongong, is there an upcoming state election I not know about?

JaseC

While there isn't an Amazon page I would take it with a grain of salt. The no show on Dark Horse pages is an even worse sign. It will pop up again though, even if it happens once the deal with Dark Horse lapses and Valve have to do it themselves. There is plenty of money to be made with it.

I've been saying for what feels like forever that Valve should have Raising the Bar occasionally reprinted for sale via the Valve Store. Come on, Gabe, get it to it already!

Gotta keep that Raising The Bar money in case hats suddenly lose popularity and in-game beards don't take off as expected!

I only like one HJ burger, the bacon double deluxe. It used to come wrapped in paper in that's where the magic happened, everything kind of steamed and congealed together into one solid lump of amazing greasiness. Now they've started putting it in a cardboard box and it just sucks. What's with that?
Yeah that is what I got. It is like 2/3 the size of a Quarter Pounder with minimal greens and a bit of bacon the size of a cookie.

And yeah it was all too dry and bland. I remember getting drunk back in the day and eating it because it was greasy and super sized so it soaked up all the alcohol. This new version is fucking lame!

Also cold onion rings taste like shit.

Criticised by maternal health nurse for suggesting we are going public education system 8)

Biggest pack of cunts we dealt with. In the end told them we weren't going back and they can get fucked, we will go to a doctor who has more experience than '18 years of child rearing'.

Cunts. On the same level as witch doctors, count yourself lucky they didn't recommend leaches to cure cradle cap.

JaseC

Gotta keep that Raising The Bar money in case hats suddenly lose popularity and in-game beards don't take off as expected!

In-game beards, you say? I think Valve has just found its microtransactional goldmine for Half-Life 3's competitive multiplayer!

What the hell is a maternal health nurse >_<?
A midwife, I'm thinking. They're a strange lot, and a mixed bag. Some of them are responsible medical professionals with modern scientific knowledge and who exercise sound judgement. Some however appear to be half nurse, half hippy/new age/homeopath/glutard/old wives tale peddler/breast feeding fundamentalist.

PSA KMart clearing more shit out.

PSMove Steering Wheel is $19
Ghost Recon, Tin Tin & RE Mercs on 3DS are $10
Yoostar on 360 is $3.

What the hell is a maternal health nurse >_<?

Someone who is there to give you pointers about being a parent and what is going on with your child at that point. They don't need/get any training aside from how to measure height and weight. The ones we got treat us like we were destroying our son's soul by bottle feeding. Doesn't help I'm not religious either. Made the wife feel like a piece of shit at our lowest point in our lives in terms of ability to cope with the situation we were in.

At least the Mothers Groups are slightly better, if you cut through the lies and showmanship.

Shaneus

Because their onion rings are ah-mahhhzing.

In what 'burb? Just curious.

Also cold onion rings taste like shit.
But fresh ones are amazeballs. HJ's should just ditch pretty much everything and just sell onion rings. Drive up to the window, only need to specify "small", "medium", "large" or "fill 'er up"... and bingo.

Dead Man

Because their onion rings are ah-mahhhzing.

But fresh ones are amazeballs. HJ's should just ditch pretty much everything and just sell onion rings. Drive up to the window, only need to specify "small", "medium", "large" or "fill 'er up"... and bingo.

Always swap fries for onion rings. Always.

Shaneus

Do you then put them in your burger? You always should.

On a similar note, I discovered the best thing about the McDonald's breakfast meal a few years back: the hash brown can go INSIDE the muffin.

I know, right?

Whaaaat. The whopper sauce is amazing! Its the best drunk food ever. Especially if you put the chips inside the burger.

Has Book Depository's packaging improved? Having your book arrived undamaged is akin to winning the lotto. The last book I bought from BD was a special edition of The Hobbit, just before Christmas 2011, and the porthole of the cardboard cover was ripped. I did get a full refund, but vowed never to bother with BD again; or rather, at least not until they introduce packaging more robust, free or otherwise -- even Amazon's basic convex packaging is fine since it's designed to be tossed around during transit.

I received a textbook from them last week. Condition was fine, not wear and tear from the postage. They used an envelope with bubble wrap inside. I think its probably just luck though, some packages are not handled as carefully as others.

Belmont. South Eastern side. When I was on the western side of the highway that dude was okay lol

Must have been too close to Grovedale ;)

Always swap fries for onion rings. Always.
TOO BAD THEY WERE FUCKING COLD ONCE THEY HANDED THEM TO ME

:(

Whaaaat. The whopper sauce is amazing! Its the best drunk food ever. Especially if you put the chips inside the burger.
Rookie mistake by me, got the bacon burger instead. Ended up with 1/6 of a rasher in it anyway :(

Danoss

Give them straight back and ask for hot ones. Don't put up with their bullshit.

Their burgers are pretty ordinary, best off going to a fish & chip shop and getting a burger with the lot there. Cheaper, tastier and way more filling.

Yeah, fast food is actually ridiculously expensive. I could eat twice as much for half the price buying sushi rolls or curry.

Rookie mistake by me, got the bacon burger instead. Ended up with 1/6 of a rasher in it anyway :(

Never get bacon in fast food. They use crappy cuts and microwave them :/

Deeku

re book depository: i got a book today! it's mostly fine, there are scuff marks here n there on the cover. dents are the worst so glad there are none!

Shaneus

chjLYxt.jpg

On that note of custom creations from fast food joints, there was (maybe is?) nothing better than a cheeseburger with just meat and cheese, with that extra slice of Don bacon. Not the crappy bacon you get with everything else, just the good stuff. May have been doable with a 1/4 pounder as well, but I remember it most fondly with the cheeseburger as the base.
So fucking good.

Dead Man

Their burgers are pretty ordinary, best off going to a fish & chip shop and getting a burger with the lot there. Cheaper, tastier and way more filling.

This right here. This guy knows how to handle his shit.

It was drive thru so I didn't check! Was meant to be in and out quick. I live like 5 minutes away so I didn't want to spend another 10 minutes driving and then arguing.

Never again.

Should have gotten another kebab for lower cost :(

Yeah, fast food is actually ridiculously expensive. I could eat twice as much for half the price buying sushi rolls or curry.

Never get bacon in fast food. They use crappy cuts and microwave them :/

Yeah I agree with that. Would KILL for a Hi Sushi here.

McDonalds bacon is great! Their burgers have been fantastic the last few years. That current Texas burger is pretty good. We really only go there once a fortnight or so to try out the special burgers when the little guy deserves a naughty treat.

Danoss

It was drive thru so I didn't check! Was meant to be in and out quick. I live like 5 minutes away so I didn't want to spend another 10 minutes driving and then arguing.

Never again.

Should have gotten another kebab for lower cost :(

I've been stung in the drive thru before. I learnt to always stop and check before exiting, it's common for you to get the wrong order, items missing or something wrong with it (like your cold rings). Only takes a minute and it's worth the effort.

Can't go wrong with a kebab.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't remember the last time I had the likes of McDonalds, KFC, or Hungry Jacks. KFC probably some time in the last six months while I was in Bendigo with my parents. McDonalds not since I moved out of Hawthorn about three years ago. Hungry Jacks I've had like three times in my life.

But to balance the scales, I get fish and chips, or just chips, quite a lot. Once a week maybe. A couple of dollars worth of chips is just soooo gooood, especially on the weekend when housemates are around and usually hung over.

I spend way too much on Indian. But it's their fault for making delicious food.

Ydahs

Wait, Google Music available in... Australia? I can finally sync my music across all devices with ease?

Welp, time to spend another $50 on albums...

edit - boo, musixmatch can't play Google Music downloads. Guess I'll stick to manually uploading my music from iTunes...

JaseC

Unlocking new concept art throughout the early release ARG made it seem like it was Christmas every day. EA's whining may have soured the final leg of it, but everything up to that point was brilliant.

I received a textbook from them last week. Condition was fine, not wear and tear from the postage. They used an envelope with bubble wrap inside. I think its probably just luck though, some packages are not handled as carefully as others.

Good to hear. I can't say any of my previous orders were shipped with bubble wrap. In lieu of gorgeous Valve art, I think I'll soon order How I Live Now, as the film adaptation should be releasing towards the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom