• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another running app! Runtastic Pro free on Android.

Infinite is an interesting game but I can't see myself replaying it anytime. Same goes for BioShock and BioShock 2. Dishonored on the other hand.
Yeah I have no need to play again, it's a story driven experience.

I acutually got bored with Dishonored and never finished it:(

Maaan. But I just cooked some pork buns! Next week I guess.
Maaa. Now I want some pork buns!

And now I need to play some more Sleepy Dogs again tonight.

Oh. Those people. I didn't really enjoy Bioshock, so I didn't play 2, and probably won't play Infinite. But why in the hell should a particular game be a certain way? It's normal to want certain types of games, but it's not real useful to criticise a game for not being something it isn't trying to be.

Unrelated, but after much feedback from PCGAF over in the new pc thread, this is what I have now. I feel like it's gone a bit beyond what I wanted, but it's still under 1600 so I think I'm okay with it.

l2qeA26.png
Bioshock 2 had vastly improved combat and didn't have the terrible ending that the first game did.

Infinite is pretty solid all the way from start to finish, I think at some point during the 3rd quarter I got a bit tired of the repetitive of the hub world approach (just too much on offer to look at) but the last quarter was awesome.

What about criticising a game for not being what it's hailed to be?
If they have logic behind the criticism I'm all for it! I would question who from Irrational was hailing Infinite to be the saviour of the industry.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it brilliant, it was definitely a fun game though, glad I played it.
Same here. Gunplay was the best I've played since RAGE, art design was fantastical, story was fun, emotional development was some of the best I've experienced due to some good writing, great animation and great voice acting.

Gear was useless. Weapons useless, used Shotgun/Rifle combo throughout. Tonics were really useful and fun.

magenta

I thing I think Infinite could have done to improve the game is have just one more weapon slot. Maybe it is just me but with a 2 weapons slot FPS I usually have one heavy hitter (RPG/ Rockets) and a rifle (carbine/hand cannon). Maybe they wanted to push you to your vigors more.

Bio Infinite is an awesome game. It's not a 10/10, but it's a damn sight more engrossing, enjoyable and appealing than most games for me.

Anyone who isn't violently opposed to FPS games should play it at some stage.

Rahk

Also the immediate backlash to Infinite is delicious. Can't wait for them to struggle to explain their thinking in 12 months time. This is one of the best fly-off-the-handle ones I have read. Shame as Golding has written one or two decent pieces in the past.
Maybe his examples aren't the best, but I think it's reasonable to critique the game's story and themes if they don't live up to what we might expect from a good novel or a movie. There are important themes in there, but I feel like nothing was done with them apart from making it an interesting backdrop for the more central story of Booker and Elizabeth. It's fine if this is the game they wanted to make, but I also think it's fair to express that the game doesn't end up saying anything substantial when it has the potential to.

With that said, I was kind of zoned out for the first half of the game and didn't pay very close attention to a lot of the dialogues, audio logs... all of the logs, so maybe some stuff just went over my head. As a video game, I still enjoyed it for what it was and overall I felt it still pulled off a better written story than the majority of first person shooters and video games in general. I think I would have ended up enjoying it as much if it was just a story about a dude saving a girl in a floating city though. I guess I have the same appreciation of it like I would a good Hollywood blockbuster.

I also liked the shooty bang bang parts.

I still don't like audio logs as a story telling device.

Shaneus

I posted this comparison in the thread, it's a better comparison IMO. The idea is very similar (random channel changing, 80s cartoon theme), but it's hardly original.
Ohhh... THAT'S the video they're comparing it to. Wasn't the trailer posted in the OP of that thread a completely different one?

Yeah, I suppose they're similar, but then, so is that one of Retro City Rampage that I linked.\

PS. Can't be arsed quoting, but thanks for bringing me up to speed, Rep!

PPS. Haven't checked the link, but what seems to be the radio stations in GTAV (I guess, couldn't see the full URL in Twitter).

Maybe his examples aren't the best, but I think it's reasonable to critique the game's story and themes if they don't live up to what we might expect from a good novel or a movie. There are important themes in there, but I feel like nothing was done with them apart from making it an interesting backdrop for the more central story of Booker and Elizabeth. It's fine if this is the game they wanted to make, but I also think it's fair to express that the game doesn't end up saying anything substantial when it has the potential to.

I still don't like audio logs as a story telling device.
I agree with this but he (and many others) was hyperbolic with the criticism. To the point of making me laugh at the mental image of him typing that out.

The themes served to give context to the complex relationship that was central to the story, I would like to see them given more depth but would prefer it to be done in the DLC. The game itself was already pretty long and if they spent more time of the 7 or 8 things they touched upon everyone would have complained that the focus was too scattershot.

Also audio logs really are an outdated mechanic at this point. Would prefer to see a more natural implementation, almost like the riddler stuff in Arkham City.

Danoss

Well, it seems to finally be happening. My mum has deemed that I'm not doing an adequate job caring for my gran. She will be taking steps to have me removed from the premises and to have my carer payment revoked.

If she succeeds in what she is attempting to do, and I have no doubt that she will, I've got a long road ahead of me. I will be seen as fraudulent, that I have not really cared for my gran, therefore all payments I received from the government were dishonestly obtained and will need to be paid back. I'll be in debt up to my eyeballs. (I'm not exaggerating here, this is the type of shit she does. When she kicked me out of home when I was 15, she did her best to block Austudy and living away from home allowance; instead of a what would have normally been a quick resolution at Centrelink, it was dragged out for months. She wanted me to end up on the streets (not even joking) and disowned my gran and aunt at the time for taking me in. She didn't speak to my gran again until my aunt died, which was 15 years later).

I've been trying to get rid of all my credit card debt, whilst still trying to remain somewhat happy. That hasn't been enough to keep me out of trouble should such a income cease, I won't be able to afford to live elsewhere and keep payments up. I'm fucking overwhelmed (to put it mildly) right now and I have no idea what to do.

I fucking hate my family so much. I just, I... I don't even fucking know anymore. I don't know if the above makes sense, I'm fucking broken right now.

I was nice to you last week, damnit :(
That lasted all of one post, if I remember correctly.

Also the immediate backlash to Infinite is delicious. Can't wait for them to struggle to explain their thinking in 12 months time. This is one of the best fly-off-the-handle ones I have read. Shame as Golding has written one or two decent pieces in the past.
I'm reaaaallly struggling with Infinite. Part of the reason is something that I can't lay at the feet of the game, and that is my dislike of FPS games; I can't play them, I'm not good at them and I die at a rate of 5 times per footstep. I really should have played it on Easy, but I heard that the combat was easy. To a certain extent it is, but it really turning up the combat about half way through and, at around 80% into the game its becoming frustrating and a impedance to my progress and enjoyment.

But, as I said, I can't put too much of the blame onto the game itself; what I got the game for was the story. Unfortunately it's not doing too much for me, either. It's a fairly simple story that gets extra credit because it's dealing with taboos and forging new ground into new themes. Realistically though, it's a fairly reductive allegory. All sides are gross caricatures designed to get a point across quickly in between shootybang sequences. It's okay, I guess, but I was hoping for more to get me past the FPSiness of it all.

So, all in all, I'm just going to blaze through the rest of it and see if I get the OMGENDINGTWISTMYBRAINZITISSPLODESNOW enjoyment from the end. Partially I give some of my criticisms no weight as I don't like the FPS but I also feel let down by a fairly simple story with characters that I really haven't connected with.

Apparently some people even hate the idea of Bioshock Infinite being a shooter. What genre should it be then? Maybe these people would prefer it not even be a game. It's not often we get a decent story and themes in games after all, maybe it just feels unnatural to have quality writing contrasted with standard video game stuff like big violence.
Why did the game have to be a shooter? Why did it need to have the player killing anyone? Why is the default interaction in a game the act of violence? On top of that, why did it need to get so combat heavy towards the end? Early on in the game it seems to try and want to make a point about people and violence, about the atrocities of humankind; however it devolves into another game where your bodycount exceeds that of side that is deemed to be "evil." Heck, it doesn't even allow me to choose whether or not I want to kill, it demands it, as progress is usually halted until everyone is dead.

Last year, Dishonored allowed me a certain amount of agency of how I wished to play the game. Who would die, how many would die and the kind of character I wanted to be. Granted, that there was a certain amount of superficiality to those decisions and repercussions but at least it was there. Infinite starts the game by giving me a choice about violence and then forces me to kill hundreds of people. Thanks for teaching me a powerful lesson, Ken Levine. Unless the game is going to hold a mirror up to me at the end of say "who is truly the monster now" I kind of feel that my moral high ground in the game is greatly diminished when I think of the lives that I've taken, mostly without remorse or consequence. I felt exactly the same way in the recent Tomb Raider.

Having said that, I don't blame Infinite for being a shooter per se, but I don't think it helps it's narrative, either. I also think the games industry needs to find a better default interaction mechanic than shooting/violence. Even though games are an interactive medium, I think you can still create a game that doesn't rely on the same tropes. Book, film and TV are not all predicated on action and violence and it's possible that games need to stop relying on violence as the easy way out. Especially when they want to cover themes that may ultimately be at odds with the mechanics in the game.

One of the big problems is that we're building an audience expectation of what a game needs to be and what we should all expect in order for it to be "good." It's going to take some time and guts for some publishers/developers to show that it can be done and to ultimately change expectations within the audience.

I'm okay with a game being a shooter. I love playing violent games. But I want more. I want to play more Journeys. I want more Dishonoreds. Give me some more Portals, Icos, Heavy Rains and any other game that tries to provide a different play and emotional experience. I think that Infinite was a shooter because that gives it the better chance at commercial success, not because the narrative demanded it.

Talk to your friends, Danoss. They may not be able to do much to immediately help or remedy your situation but you need to have a sounding board and, if nothing else, know that someone is listening to your concerns.

Contact someone in the government, related to the carers payments and start letting them hear your side. You have proof of what you do, I assume, which should be more proof than those not caring for your gran and haven't been actively caring for her for years. I'm certain that they will need evidence of neglect or fraud before they can take your payment away.

More than anything, talk to your friends, face to face. Talking helps a lot, even if it doesn't directly resolve the issue, it allows you to talk through the matter at hand and may give you insight as to what other options you have.

Jintor

If you are approaching a game from a thematic critique stance, you do have to recognise that the genre a game takes, the agency a game allows a player, the actions available to a player - they're not divisible from the ideas a work is striving to bring across. That of course isn't the same as it being a bad game, but a review is different from critique and has different objectives. All of that said though I freaking need yo play this goddamn game so I can actually start engaging in these arguments...

Well, it seems to finally be happening. My mum has deemed that I'm not doing an adequate job caring for my gran. She will be taking steps to have me removed from the premises and to have my carer payment revoked.

If she succeeds in what she is attempting to do, and I have no doubt that she will, I've got a long road ahead of me. I will be seen as fraudulent, that I have not really cared for my gran, therefore all payments I received from the government were dishonestly obtained and will need to be paid back. I'll be in debt up to my eyeballs. (I'm not exaggerating here, this is the type of shit she does. When she kicked me out of home when I was 15, she did her best to block Austudy and living away from home allowance; instead of a what would have normally been a quick resolution at Centrelink, it was dragged out for months. She wanted me to end up on the streets (not even joking) and disowned my gran and aunt at the time for taking me in. She didn't speak to my gran again until my aunt died, which was 15 years later).

I've been trying to get rid of all my credit card debt, whilst still trying to remain somewhat happy. That hasn't been enough to keep me out of trouble should such a income cease, I won't be able to afford to live elsewhere and keep payments up. I'm fucking overwhelmed (to put it mildly) right now and I have no idea what to do.

I fucking hate my family so much. I just, I... I don't even fucking know anymore. I don't know if the above makes sense, I'm fucking broken right now.
AH man that sucks.

They shouldn't be able to put you up for fraud unless they can prove that, which would be really hard to do considering the process in place at Centrelink (at least going by the VIC offices).

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and Centrelink realise someone has to take care of her.

That lasted all of one post, if I remember correctly.

I'm reaaaallly struggling with Infinite. Part of the reason is something that I can't lay at the feet of the game, and that is my dislike of FPS games; I can't play them, I'm not good at them and I die at a rate of 5 times per footstep. I really should have played it on Easy, but I heard that the combat was easy. To a certain extent it is, but it really turning up the combat about half way through and, at around 80% into the game its becoming frustrating and a impedance to my progress and enjoyment.

But, as I said, I can't put too much of the blame onto the game itself; what I got the game for was the story. Unfortunately it's not doing too much for me, either. It's a fairly simple story that gets extra credit because it's dealing with taboos and forging new ground into new themes. Realistically though, it's a fairly reductive allegory. All sides are gross caricatures designed to get a point across quickly in between shootybang sequences. It's okay, I guess, but I was hoping for more to get me past the FPSiness of it all.

So, all in all, I'm just going to blaze through the rest of it and see if I get the OMGENDINGTWISTMYBRAINZITISSPLODESNOW enjoyment from the end. Partially I give some of my criticisms no weight as I don't like the FPS but I also feel let down by a fairly simple story with characters that I really haven't connected with.

Why did the game have to be a shooter? Why did it need to have the player killing anyone? Why is the default interaction in a game the act of violence? On top of that, why did it need to get so combat heavy towards the end? Early on in the game it seems to try and want to make a point about people and violence, about the atrocities of humankind; however it devolves into another game where your bodycount exceeds that of side that is deemed to be "evil." Heck, it doesn't even allow me to choose whether or not I want to kill, it demands it, as progress is usually halted until everyone is dead.

Last year, Dishonored allowed me a certain amount of agency of how I wished to play the game. Who would die, how many would die and the kind of character I wanted to be. Granted, that there was a certain amount of superficiality to those decisions and repercussions but at least it was there. Infinite starts the game by giving me a choice about violence and then forces me to kill hundreds of people. Thanks for teaching me a powerful lesson, Ken Levine. Unless the game is going to hold a mirror up to me at the end of say "who is truly the monster now" I kind of feel that my moral high ground in the game is greatly diminished when I think of the lives that I've taken, mostly without remorse or consequence. I felt exactly the same way in the recent Tomb Raider.

Having said that, I don't blame Infinite for being a shooter per se, but I don't think it helps it's narrative, either. I also think the games industry needs to find a better default interaction mechanic than shooting/violence. Even though games are an interactive medium, I think you can still create a game that doesn't rely on the same tropes. Book, film and TV are not all predicated on action and violence and it's possible that games need to stop relying on violence as the easy way out. Especially when they want to cover themes that may ultimately be at odds with the mechanics in the game.

One of the big problems is that we're building an audience expectation of what a game needs to be and what we should all expect in order for it to be "good." It's going to take some time and guts for some publishers/developers to show that it can be done and to ultimately change expectations within the audience.

I'm okay with a game being a shooter. I love playing violent games. But I want more. I want to play more Journeys. I want more Dishonoreds. Give me some more Portals, Icos, Heavy Rains and any other game that tries to provide a different play and emotional experience. I think that Infinite was a shooter because that gives it the better chance at commercial success, not because the narrative demanded it.
I can't really answer any of that until you finish the game ;)

Make sure to check out the GAF spoiler thread afterwards too!

Man, you just can't catch a break :( Can your gran back you up? I mean, she must understand how your mother is. There's also a precedent of her doing it before, so you might be able to prove that she's lying. I'm sure that given the circumstances the government wouldn't leave you out to dry if they understand the situation. I'm not sure what I can do for you, but I'll do what I can. We're all here if you need anything :)

If you are approaching a game from a thematic critique stance, you do have to recognise that the genre a game takes, the agency a game allows a player, the actions available to a player - they're not divisible from the ideas a work is striving to bring across. That of course isn't the same as it being a bad game, but a review is different from critique and has different objectives. All of that said though I freaking need yo play this goddamn game so I can actually start engaging in these arguments...
(Apropos in no way to Bioshock, just in case someone's thinking we're spoiling it)

If a game's story is about the ugly violent side of humanity, about the atrocities that we perform, then makes the player murder hundreds of people without letting them chose whether they wish to or not, and then doesn't acknowledge what you've done throughout the game, would that not be a problem?

Thematically and mechanically the game is at odds and lessens the message it's trying to convey. Surely that warrants mentioning and factoring in whilst reviewing a game, much in the same way it does a thematic critique? The mechanics and themes should be homogeneous and inform each other, not be at odds.

There seems to be this idea that if a game is mechanically sound or exemplary, it can't be anything but a good game; I feel this isn't the case. Would a movie be given a good review just because the cinematography is excellent but has a poor story? Would a book containing a story of little interest be given praise is the prose itself were well written? If Michael Bay used his directing and editing approach to a period drama, should that not form some part of the review? The whole package - story, mechanics, themes, music, art direction, etc - should be included as part of a review. There are parts of all media which hold a greater weight than others and would overrule the shortcomings or other aspects of the product but I don't think it's fair to dismiss them or downplay their role in the overall package.

I can't really answer any of that until you finish the game ;)

Make sure to check out the GAF spoiler thread afterwards too!
Righyy-o, ten-four, message received, will do. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to knock it over. Fingers crossed.

Shaneus

That lasted all of one post, if I remember correctly.\
You don't, you stupid primate.

FWIW, Remo over in the Idle Thumbs thread recommended playing it on easy if you only just want the story (which I do).

From the rest of what you wrote, it seems like we bought it for the same thing. I was basically sold on the story from the moment I heard the character you play essentially isn't the main character in the game.

Now I just have to wait for the shitty, shitty pauses the game has on PC so I can get through it, then listen to two Thumbs episodes that discuss it.

If Michael Bay used his directing and editing approach to a period drama, should that not form some part of the review?
Fuck you, now I want this. It reminds me of this trailer and the EA-ified version of it. So amazing.

I can't even offer any words, man... I think Jase and rep have covered the bases I would have, should I be capable of any advice. Speaking to friends in person is probably the best for the moment (a problem shared is a problem halved etc.) but you can definitely use here as a sounding board as well... just don't use us as a substitution for IRL buddies :)

Fredescu

I don't have any useful words of advice, just want you to know that I'm thinking of you. You're a cool dude and don't deserve the shit you've been served up.

Fusebox

Banned
Another running app! Runtastic Pro free on Android.

Pro version is still $5.50 on iOS. :(

Speaking of, quick running q. The C25K thing is designed around me running every second day. Is it okay to do extra days in between? I went out last night but I'm feelin good and I feel like going again tonight. Should I? Or is the rest day just as important as getting out there and running?

I got some proper running shoes the other day too, damn they feel good.

Shaneus missed my Simpsons reference. For shame.

Also what issues with PC Infinite you having? I got rid of most of the stuttering after an hour playing with it.

Pro version is still $5.50 on iOS. :(

Speaking of, quick running q. The C25K thing is designed around me running every second day. Is it okay to do extra days in between? I went out last night but I'm feelin good and I feel like going again tonight. Should I? Or is the rest day just as important as getting out there and running?

I got some proper running shoes the other day too, damn they feel good.

Pretty sure as long as it is 3 times a week you are fine. Just don't want big gaps as it will mean your body doesn't adapt to the cycle I guess.

Jintor

Rest (or light usage since presumably you walk around during day-to-day life) is important to let your muscles recover (or, rather, grow) though

Fusebox

Banned
Anyone got any beef jerky recommendations? I like the juicy kind, not the heaps dry kind, and I like a little bit of spice, but not too much ffs.

Dead Man

Damn man, that sucks. Fight it as hard as you can, I can't see them going after you for fraud, as long as you haven't provided any false information. I know it's hard, but try not to assume the worst yet.

Also, at the end of the day, defaulting on a credit card is not the end of the world. Yeah, a credit listing, but that's only 5 years and is something you can work around.

Stay strong man.

Shaneus

Shaneus missed my Simpsons reference. For shame.

Also what issues with PC Infinite you having? I got rid of most of the stuttering after an hour playing with it.
There are certain read-ahead points in the game where everyone is experiencing various amounts of slowdown, depending on the area and what speed the game runs at normally for you. I don't think 30fps people can see much of the issue, but those higher are seeing it drop to less than 20fps (like myself) from a flat 60.

I did a shitload of sleuthing that can be read up on in the Infinite PC performance thread, but basically came to the conclusion that it was because the game only runs on one CPU core and when it has to load assets (best I can tell, compressed/packed textures and sounds) the "interrupts" on that core spike up while they load. I guess said interrupts interrupt the other stuff the game needs the CPU for, causing the slowdown.

Someone on the official 2K forums said they noticed a minor stutter on the PS3 version in the same points as well, so it looks like the game itself uses the same tech across all three platforms (I guess they were just able to mask it better, though not completely, on consoles).

mandiller

Unrelated, but after much feedback from PCGAF over in the new pc thread, this is what I have now. I feel like it's gone a bit beyond what I wanted, but it's still under 1600 so I think I'm okay with it.

l2qeA26.png

Looks really nice! I've got the same case. I bought it about 2 years ago with my computer refresh and it's awesome, I'd definitely recommend it. It's really quiet as the dampening does wonders.

Shaneus

Wait, I was sure I had activity on all 4 cores, more on the third but all 4 were definitely showing load. Is that confirmed?
I think it was when I ran perfmon it was showing the interrupts only jumping on one of the cores... so I might have been mistaken. I could've sworn I saw the CPU at 100% on core 0, but hm, maybe not. If you haven't been having problems, maybe you're one of the lucky few who wasn't seeing this issue?

Totally passed out on the couch for an hour :/

I think it was when I ran perfmon it was showing the interrupts only jumping on one of the cores... so I might have been mistaken. I could've sworn I saw the CPU at 100% on core 0, but hm, maybe not. If you haven't been having problems, maybe you're one of the lucky few who wasn't seeing this issue?
I definitely still get the microhitch when moving into loading zones but it only lasts for like 1/10th of a second after I dropped the pool size down from an inflated figure. I've already uninstalled Infinite but I think I originally had it on 3000 and cut it back to 900 or 1500. Took me ages to get it to run the textures on High as it kept defaulting them to low which was irritating. I only run on 1080p so even my 460 could run everything on High (using D3Doverrider of course) and was sitting around 50 fps with barely any drop during huge fights. The hitch at loading zones was probably down to 30 fps as it was noticeable but after 3 hours I had blocked it from my brain.

Also you still didn't see my reference!

l2qeA26.png

Still going with that high power PSU? Any reason you are going with the 612 cooler over the 212 Evo? $15 cheaper and I've read they are pretty similar in terms of cooling (I've got a 212+ which has been great).

Danoss

Thanks for the kind words everyone, you're all awesome! Had to post and run, have been a wreck all day and it's not getting any better.

I only have one friend and it's their birthday this weekend, I'm not going to ruin it on them. Cancelled D&D tomorrow, I just can't deal with it all at the moment, and I'm not going to wreck their fun either. I just have to suck it up, unfortunately.

Mum thinks she's playing the fucking hero, apparently she's got a solution for everything. Dementia sure is an easy thing to work around; just write a list, what could possibly go wrong? Kick the grandson out and replace him with a list, why didn't anyone else think of that? Alert the experts everyone, she's fixed it!

Edit: Friend heard something was wrong and is rather insistent we talk about it when we meet next in a few days. Her friend, which I'm getting to know more, seems to be lending her ear too. A couple of people I'm incredibly privileged to know.

Shaneus

Man, maybe something bad just has to happen so people can see the error of their ways... I dunno.

But seriously, I think you should see your friend for their birthday this weekend... if they're your friend, they'd appreciate the effort regardless of what your emotional state is. I know I would, if it was you or it was one of my own friends down here. If anything, it could be a nice mental break for a few hours :)

Rahk

Hi Ausgafers,

I was hoping to get an invite into the Neogaf steam group.

Anyone in particular I should msg/sleep with etc...
Probably easiest if you just join chat and we can invite you from there, then you can stick around or leave if you like.

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791430120104

trinest

Oh. Those people. I didn't really enjoy Bioshock, so I didn't play 2, and probably won't play Infinite. But why in the hell should a particular game be a certain way? It's normal to want certain types of games, but it's not real useful to criticise a game for not being something it isn't trying to be.

l2qeA26.png

Put windows 8 in.

Danoss

Man, maybe something bad just has to happen so people can see the error of their ways... I dunno.

But seriously, I think you should see your friend for their birthday this weekend... if they're your friend, they'd appreciate the effort regardless of what your emotional state is. I know I would, if it was you or it was one of my own friends down here. If anything, it could be a nice mental break for a few hours :)

If my Gran is still around when I finally get out of here, hopefully on my own terms, I'm confident something bad will happen. The family won't have anyone around to look after her as they think she is perfectly capable on her own, despite the best advice of doctors. One of two things are likely to happen: she'll have a fall and won't be wearing her VitalCall necklace or she'll put the stove on and forget about it. She already tries both of those things regularly, that's trouble when no one else is around.

The family wants her dead so they can get their inheritance, so I'll be doing them a favour. It needs to be done for my own sake, unfortunately. I just want to pay off my credit card debt, save a bit extra and get the fuck out. I'm going to try my best forgo doing most things to achieve this ASAP.

My mum's still here and I'm at the end of my tether. My friends birthday thing is Monday night, and that can't come soon enough. Might have to just go somewhere that's not here very soon. So tempted to just start walking somewhere right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom