• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Looks really nice! I've got the same case. I bought it about 2 years ago with my computer refresh and it's awesome, I'd definitely recommend it. It's really quiet as the dampening does wonders.
Yeah, that appeals a lot, and I really like the minimalist look.

Still going with that high power PSU? Any reason you are going with the 612 cooler over the 212 Evo? $15 cheaper and I've read they are pretty similar in terms of cooling (I've got a 212+ which has been great).
Now updated!

8K78Kxe.png

Thanks for the kind words everyone, you're all awesome! Had to post and run, have been a wreck all day and it's not getting any better.

I only have one friend and it's their birthday this weekend, I'm not going to ruin it on them. Cancelled D&D tomorrow, I just can't deal with it all at the moment, and I'm not going to wreck their fun either. I just have to suck it up, unfortunately.

Mum thinks she's playing the fucking hero, apparently she's got a solution for everything. Dementia sure is an easy thing to work around; just write a list, what could possibly go wrong? Kick the grandson out and replace him with a list, why didn't anyone else think of that? Alert the experts everyone, she's fixed it!

Edit: Friend heard something was wrong and is rather insistent we talk about it when we meet next in a few days. Her friend, which I'm getting to know more, seems to be lending her ear too. A couple of people I'm incredibly privileged to know.
Ha, if only solutions were so easy! Stick with it man. And yeah, having an ear to talk to does wonders, much better than a message board :) Take advantage of their kindness, don't feel guilty, you will repay the favour at some point.

Put windows 8 in.
Nope. I can always upgrade, but I don't want to buy it until I have played with it. I know W7, I like it.
You'll need to... earn one of these:

Jfp8N.jpg

Dime a dozen ;)

Dead Man, reconsider the need for an internal drive... If you don't use it much, look into a (slightly more expensive) external drive that you can use on any machine. I seem to recall you have a netbook so it would be useful with that too.

If my Gran is still around when I finally get out of here, hopefully on my own terms, I'm confident something bad will happen.
This is a terrible situation you've been put in. I can't really add much to what everyone else has already said, but DM me via Twitter if there's anything I can do to help.

Family squabbles over inheritance (I know you're not at this stage yet) can get really messy. Seen it happen with the in-laws and it's created some incredible divides where there was once a close family. Both you and your grandmother shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.

We're all pulling for you (and your nan), dude. And go for that walk (if it's safe) if it'll help.

Dead Man

Dead Man, reconsider the need for an internal drive... If you don't use it much, look into a (slightly more expensive) external drive that you can use on any machine. I seem to recall you have a netbook so it would be useful with that too.

This is a terrible situation you've been put in. I can't really add much to what everyone else has already said, but DM me via Twitter if there's anything I can do to help.

Family squabbles over inheritance (I know you're not at this stage yet) can get really messy. Seen it happen with the in-laws and it's created some incredible divides where there was once a close family. Both you and your grandmother shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.

We're all pulling for you (and your nan), dude. And go for that walk (if it's safe) if it'll help.

Heh, already got 6tb of external drives hanging around. My laptop has about 100gb of drive, drives me batshit juggling installs, I just want to be able to not worry about how many games are installed.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:(

My bluetooth drivers on my laptop are broken. And i've tried everything. EVERYTHING. completly uninstalled drivers blah blah.

it all started after i plugged in an adaptor for an xbox 360 controller :(

then when I tried to remove blue tooth devices they just froze on "removing" for days.

:(

Fusebox

Banned
Is that your mane gag? I thought you had more pride than that.

I'm so glad I'm using the US store for my Vita lately, not only was everything so much cheaper but I just got $40 rebate back from Sony for my purchases over the last couple of months.

Shaneus

Did you make that joke on a whim or wait? A whim or wait? A whim or wait?
You lose.

Guys, in case you don't check the Electronic Music thread (as opposed to the EDM thread, which apparently is a completely different thing):
HOLY FUCK GOOD TASTE OF THE TRACK THAT THE FIRST DAFT PUNK TEASER CAME FROM

And I fucking like it. Pharrell really, REALLY suits it.

Edit:
Starring:
Panda Bear
Julian Casablancas (nice)
Todd Edwards
DJ Falcon (!!!!!!)
Chilly Gonzales
Giorgio Moroder (duh)
Nile Rodgers (double duh)
Paul Williams
Pharrell Williams

Oh hey, Serrels' Twitter just reminded me that it's Win/9's bi-annual "showing The Witches"-a-thon. Though it's an hour in to it and I won't be home to watch the rest tonight.

Shout outs to Anjelica Huston's fabulosity.

Fusebox

Banned
What's this? Is this old?

http://www.smh.com.au/tv/Technology/Ecstasy-of-Order-The-Tetris-Masters-4290703.html

Home > Technology > Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters
About this episode

A documentary that captures the greatest world record Tetris players as they prepare for the Classic Tetris World Championship. From the days of Thor Aackerlund and his historic victory at the 1990 Nintendo World Championships, right up to the present and Harry Hong's perfect Max-Out score, this documentary expertly chronicles over two decades of Tetris - the world's most popular computer game.

It sounds awesome, but why is it on SMH?

Kritz

Banned
Got back from Uni society board game day! Which also had some other jerk show up and play some nonsense Risk game for 6 hours then leave.

I played:

Pandemic 2013 - Group loss. Played as a starting game between some people who arrived as early as I did. We cured blue and red and almost had yellow, but got murdered by black freaking itself all over the board. Hardest difficulty with mostly new players still wasn't that bad.

Zombicide - Described as Left 4 Dead: The Board game. My character was doing pretty well for himself early game, as I was rocking dual pistols and just shooting the shit out of zombies. Unfortunately I was needed at another board game and ran out of time, so I nobly sacrificed myself to the oncoming hoard of zombies, leaving my team to survive for the next like 5 fucking hours.

Arkham Horror - Started at 1:30. 1 hour of setup and rules. The first turn took roughly an hour. Second took 45. From there we started moving quickly. This was a friend's game, who I nagged to bring it so I'd finally get to play it.

I lucked out by getting a shotgun on my first draw, making me a critical member of the kicking Cthulu ass squad for the rest of the game, despite my strength being in science and lore.

We did a pretty shit job of plugging up holes in space and time, but in terms of horrific monsters from the unknown depths, they didn't stand up to a 12-gauge. Later in the game I got a motorcycle, allowing me to live out my Lovecraftian detective horror Barry Steakfries cross-fiction dreams. Except for that one time when I decided that, yes, I should eat all of these delicious cakes in this haunted witch house.

We couldn't stop the end-game god from spawning, but amazingly, subjecting a fucker to a five man firing squad is enough to turn this gigantic tentacle monster made of a thousand mouths and your deepest fears into a cowering baby.

So, somehow we won. Probably due to some early rule fudgery as we didn't quite work out how combat worked.

Cards Against Humanity - End of the night, it's 6:15PM, it's dark, but we have this room for another 45 minutes. Fuck it, I pull out CAH. 15 players, a few of whom had played it before surprisingly. I feel that the game wroked muuuuch better on the new players than the old, as at this point I believe my friends have gone through this game five times now. Still, it was a good pallet cleanser, and ended the night on a good note.

--

So, it was good fun. Pizza and soda were had, I got to be really loud, I rolled hecka dice, killed some zombies, infected some cities, had my sanity taken by unimaginable nightmares, and then made light of the holocaust.

I might go and get a membership at the new board game thing that opened up in Hobart, as they half-hosted the event. Wouldn't mind playing with people a bit more often with some of the longer games. Especially Zombicide, which looked rad.

I had to pass up on a few games I'd have liked to try, like Risk and Dominion and some Munchkin board game I'd not seen before. And some game that was so hella space.

~ board games ~

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've seen the cretens that organise and attend game clubs at my former uni.

I couldn't imagine the board game club.

Infact, it scares me.

Also daftpunk :D, webber :lol.

Deeku

it's pretty great how 3ds to 3ds transfer deletes downloaded games saves....:/ or did i do something wrong/not read? oh well, only game i have is pushmo, but stilllll!!!

Omni

Football was disappointing tonight. Was hoping for a Carlton win... we definitely need it. Next two games will probably end up the same too. Not the greatest start to the season :\

it's pretty great how 3ds to 3ds transfer deletes downloaded games saves....:/ or did i do something wrong/not read? oh well, only game i have is pushmo, but stilllll!!!
I think the game saves are stored on the SD Card. Just back up the card (via PC) from the old machine and then move them to the new card... or just put the old card into the new machine.

That should do it, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom