• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Fuck Australian Pay TV and our ad-infested FTA too. I dropped an $80 p/month Foxtel subscription about a year back and replaced it with $5 a month for unblock-us, $7 a month for Netflix and $7 a month for Hulu+ (which I had to beg help from GAF to get setup as Hulu+ are heaps strict about payment being from the US region.)

That combined with ABC iView and I always have too much TV to watch a week. Using my PS3 as the media hub and getting TDS and Colbert was one of the main reasons I needed Hulu+.

Also a Cat had cheezbugers for a year
1604_frankie_cat_sp.ashx

haha, Peppa Pig is my 16 month old daughters favourite show. I don't let her watch much TV or anything but if I need to distract her for a while Peppa Pig always does the trick.

It even makes me laugh sometimes.
Yeah I haven't met a kid who didn't love Peppa Pig. Quite fun to watch thankfully.

You can get tons of the books cheap from Book Depository too.

Hell, my main piracy is due to the shit Foxtel pulls. Cant watch the daily show online cause of those cruntlers.
I agree with this.

Pulling more shows off free-to-air means less that my wife will watch. By going down this path all that will happen is that she will hand me a list of shows to download.

It would be okay if Foxtel was improving in value to the degree it requires but it hasn't. Prices have gone way up compared to what is included in the packages. In any case they need to cut the shit from it, streaming is the future now anyway.

This BBC deal just pushes consumers towards piracy and streaming even more now (thankfully it doesn't start for another 13 months)

Foxtel has built a moratorium into the agreement that prevents any shows it picks up from being screened on free-to-air TV for 12 months.

To facilitate the deal Foxtel will launch in mid-2014 a premium, yet-to-be-named, specific BBC channel, in addition to UKTV, BBC Knowledge, CBeebies and BBC World News.

Also
BBC Worldwide Australasia director Jon Penn said it's a strategic opportunity for the company to showcase their outstanding shows in Australia.
He did not believe the arrangement was detrimental to relationships with the free-to-air networks in Australia.
Bullshit. You wanted money. Plain and simple. You are limiting the showcasing by limiting the audience dramatically.

iumRjO2nWP3dq.png

Nintendo Direct night get hype bitches.

Just remember that it's supposed to be ironic hype played up for fun and you're not meant to expect amazing things every time.

markot

Banned
Letting your kids read books?

Whats next?

Giving them leech remedies and making them grind the flour each morn before break fast?!

Turns out measuring my lung capacity by the number of cones I can smoke in one sitting actually isn't all that accurate after all.

haha, Peppa Pig is my 16 month old daughters favourite show. I don't let her watch much TV or anything but if I need to distract her for a while Peppa Pig always does the trick.

It even makes me laugh sometimes.
I'm just going to put these in the "might be related pile."

Fusebox

Banned
Ahahahaha! Well played. You might be onto something there.

Letting your kids read books?

Whats next?

Giving them leech remedies and making them grind the flour each morn before break fast?!

When I was a kid I dreamed of getting leech remedies and grinding the flour. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

And I just bought a stack of Peppa Pig books!

Dead Man

I agree with this.

Pulling more shows off free-to-air means less that my wife will watch. By going down this path all that will happen is that she will hand me a list of shows to download.

It would be okay if Foxtel was improving in value to the degree it requires but it hasn't. Prices have gone way up compared to what is included in the packages. In any case they need to cut the shit from it, streaming is the future now anyway.

This BBC deal just pushes consumers towards piracy and streaming even more now (thankfully it doesn't start for another 13 months)

Also
Bullshit. You wanted money. Plain and simple. You are limiting the showcasing by limiting the audience dramatically.

What an absolute crock of shit :/

So what happens if Fox declines a show, ABC pick it up, and it gets popular? What happens if Fox picks up a show then cancels it? Still a year moratorium? Fucking idiotic deal.

What an absolute crock of shit :/

So what happens if Fox declines a show, ABC pick it up, and it gets popular? What happens if Fox picks up a show then cancels it? Still a year moratorium? Fucking idiotic deal.

$$$

BBC has been a bit this way for a while in my opinion. But hey, it's a business so I shouldn't expect them to try and open up quality programming to as many people as possible.

STREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Shaneus

I did not need to know that bit of information about you.
This is true. It should always be assumed.

Oh guys, did I tell you I finished Full Throttle the other night? Loved it. Obviously could've been longer, but I think if it was, it'd probably feel like it was labouring the story. Hopefully Broken Age is a good deal longer than it (I'd hope for around twice as much?).

PS. Hi BoB!

Have you played through Full Throttle before, Shaneus? It doesn't take long when you know what's what, but it's a reasonable length the first time through, I found as a youngster.

legend166

Fuck Australian Pay TV and our ad-infested FTA too. I dropped an $80 p/month Foxtel subscription about a year back and replaced it with $5 a month for unblock-us, $7 a month for Netflix and $7 a month for Hulu+ (which I had to beg help from GAF to get setup as Hulu+ are heaps strict about payment being from the US region.)

That combined with ABC iView and I always have too much TV to watch a week. Using my PS3 as the media hub and getting TDS and Colbert was one of the main reasons I needed Hulu+.

I'll probably do that once I move out of home. Between Netflix and Blu-Rays I pretty much don't watch FTA or Foxtel any more. Well, outside of sport.

UnblockUs + Netflix is seriously the best investment ever. $12 a month for more TV shows than I could ever watch.

markot

Banned
He breeds misinformation and bigotry.

He is actively conditioning people to be bigoted.

I cannot understand why he hasn't been done away with yet.

Hitler.

I'll probably do that once I move out of home. Between Netflix and Blu-Rays I pretty much don't watch FTA or Foxtel any more. Well, outside of sport.

UnblockUs + Netflix is seriously the best investment ever. $12 a month for more TV shows than I could ever watch.

It chews bandwidth like a cat on a rat. Also, why would you want to pay for more than you can watch? We call that the NBN and the liberals told me thats stupid.

Shaneus

BOW DOWN TO YOUR PS+EU OVERLORDS PUNY PHEASANTS

Entering PS Plus in May:
1st May: Hitman Absolution
1st May: Catherine
1st May: Malicious
8th May: Sine Mora (Vita)
15th May: Velocity Ultra HD

Also FYI
Leaving PS Plus in May:
1st May: Okami HD
1st May: F1 Race Stars
1st May: Quantum Conundrum
8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
22nd May: Thomas Was Alone
Catherine!!!! Holy fucking shit, that's made my day. Sine Mora on Vita is good too, because I can't be fucked paying for it on more than one platform.

jambo

This literally makes no sense:

The BBC says the deal will allow it to expand its reach in Australia by offering a new channel on top of the four existing services available through Foxtel.

How can it expand its reach if it is broadcasting to a smaller audience?!

Glad that Doctor Who is safe.

Whingepool?

Just a nickname, they're know for flying off the handle over the smallest thing and overusing the TIO.

markot

Banned
This literally makes no sense:

How can it expand its reach if it is broadcasting to a smaller audience?!

Glad that Doctor Who is safe.

Just a nickname, they're know for flying off the handle over the smallest thing and overusing the TIO.

Which ISP or related do you work for!?

And haha, tpg, durr, get some dodo so your internet can fly.

Jintor

UK, NZ are fully for it and the US is likely to let it go on a State-by-State basis. Labor's for it, but the Lib/Coalition won't even get a conscience vote.

markot

Banned
UK, NZ are fully for it and the US is likely to let it go on a State-by-State basis. Labor's for it, but the Lib/Coalition won't even get a conscience vote.

Not really.

Yes votes
Mr Albanese Mr Dreyfus Mr S Jones Ms Roxon
Mr Bandt Mrs Elliot Dr M Kelly Ms Saffin
Ms Bird Ms Ellis Ms King Mr Shorten
Ms Brodtmann Mr Garrett Ms Livermore Mr Sidebottom
Mr Butler Mr Georganas Ms Macklin Mr S Smith
Mr Champion Mr Gibbons Mr Marles Ms Smyth
Mr Cheeseman Mr Gray Mr Oakeshott Mr Snowdon
Mr Clare Ms Grierson Ms Parke Mr C Thomson
Ms Collins Mr Griffin Mr Perrett Mr Wilkie
Mr Combet Ms Hall Ms Plibersek Mr Crean
Mr Jenkins Ms Rishworth

No votes
Mr Abbott Mr Entsch Mr McCormack Mr Rudd
Mr Adams Mr Fitzgibbon Mr Macfarlane Mr Ruddock
Mr Alexander Mr Fletcher Ms Marino Mr Schultz
Mr K Andrews Mr Forrest Mrs Markus Mr Scott
Ms K Andrews Mr Frydenberg Mr Matheson Mr Secker
Mr Baldwin Ms Gambaro Mr Melham Mr A Smith
Mr Billson Mrs Gash Mrs Mirabella Mr Somlyay
Ms B Bishop Ms Gillard Mr Morrison Dr Southcott
Ms J Bishop Mrs Griggs Mrs Moylan Dr Stone
Mr Bowen Mr Hartsuyker Mr Murphy Mr Swan
Mr Bradbury Mr A Hawke Mr Neumann Mr Symon
Mr Briggs Mr Hayes Mr Neville Mr Tehan
Mr Broadbent Mr Hockey Mr O'Dowd Mr K Thomson
Mr Buchholz Mr Hunt Ms O'Dwyer Mr Truss
Mr A Burke Mr Husic Ms O'Neill Mr Tudge
Mr Byrne Mr Irons Ms Owens Mr Turnbull
Mr Chester Dr Jensen Mrs Prentice Ms Vamvakinou
Mr Christensen Mr E Jones Mr Pyne Mr van Manen
Mr Ciobo Mr Katter Mr Ramsey Mr Vasta
Mr Cobb Mr Keenan Mr Randall Dr Washer
Mr Coulton Mr C Kelly Mr Ripoll Mr Windsor
Mr Crook Mr Laming Mr Robb Mr Wyatt
Mrs D'Ath Ms Ley Mr Robert Mr Zappia
Mr Dutton Mr Lyons Ms Rowland Dr Emerson
Mr McClelland Mr Roy
Fuck you formatting!

"Remember this thing? Well here it is, but now with that other thing and some non-jokes." I hate myself for watching this but it was on after Ross Noble and I'm too lazy to reach the, like, 40cm to the remote to turn the TV off or change the channel.

At least the redhead OCD counselor from Glee is cute I guess?

Wait, no, I've gotta get up now anyway. Freedom at last!

markot

Banned
ALP as a party platform has been in support since 2011, but the conscience votes are really weird about that

P to the Shaw.

Its meaningless if it doesnt mean anything when the chips hit the hot tin roof.

Its kind of cute that the party is so beholden to a conservative christian voting block that doesnt, at all, ever, vote for them. Ever.

Its kinda like the liberals falling over themselves to get the 'former boat people' vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom