• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
None of them...

Then why do you hate Whingepool? WHYYYYYY?!

Oh, you are with the ombudsmen and you have to deal with the complaints!

I love how the News Ltd websites see Thatchers funeral as more of a forefront issue than NZs gay marriage decision. Just like Murdoch.

Where are they gonna bury her? I can see alot of people putting small houses on her grave >.<

Just dont make it big enough for a full size house imo.

markot

Banned
Oh, and if the bomber turns out to be a foreign student who spent time in Australia but was only scared out of attacking us due to a glare form Alan Jones when they were passing in an air port. WHAT THEN!?

Dead Man

UK, NZ are fully for it and the US is likely to let it go on a State-by-State basis. Labor's for it, but the Lib/Coalition won't even get a conscience vote.

Labor isn't for it any more that the Libs are. They may have a higher proportion of members that support it, but it is a long way from being a party position. Gillard won't even say why she doesn't want it, stupid fucking politicians, last couple of months they have been making me rage way too often.

markot

Banned
Labor isn't for it any more that the Libs are. They may have a higher proportion of members that support it, but it is a long way from being a party position. Gillard won't even say why she doesn't want it, stupid fucking politicians, last couple of months they have been making me rage way too often.

It was super depressing to see my member, from Canberra, one of the safest seats in the most liberal of towns, vote against it >_< stupid apparatchik. (Proper liberal sense not big L)

Dead Man

It's in their bloody national platform. So they're a bunch of asshats basically.

When was the last time they actually paid attention to their policy documents?

These are the only mentions of the word marriage in their national platform document:

Labor will ensure that all couples whether married or de facto do not suffer discrimination.
Labor will amend the Marriage Act to ensure equal access to marriage under statute for all adult
couples irrespective of sex who have a mutual commitment to a shared life.
These amendments should ensure that nothing in the Marriage Act imposes an obligation on a
minister of religion to solemnise any marriage.

Labor will ensure that Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage are issued regardless of sex or
gender of either member of the couple.

Same sex marriage
Conference resolves that the matter of same sex marriage can be freely debated at any state
or federal forum of the Australian Labor Party, but any decision reached is not binding on any
member of the Party
:/ Utter failure on all levels.

jambo

Then why do you hate Whingepool? WHYYYYYY?!

Oh, you are with the ombudsmen and you have to deal with the complaints!

So I have to be involved with one side or the other to have an opinion?

I've been reading Whirlpool for years, and amongst a lot of Aussie gamers and tech people it has earned that nickname.

I can remember when the iPhone 4 launched and there were threads about the stock delays. People who lined up, but missed out on stock, had to put their names down and were told a tentative waiting period. They then whinged non stop for weeks and were starting to plan things to do against Telstra and Optus to "get back" at them. Members jump up and down and make lots of noise to get what they want.

It is good to have a bunch of commercial reps on hand if you're having issues and it's cool to be able to talk to Simon Hackett, but most of the forum is a whinging circle jerk.

Deeku

whirlpool has a good grad jobs section with tips on interviews and what happened etc, that's all i ever read.

oh and to complain about my tpg speed lol

edit whoa @ all these announcements:O

What are you doing Nintendo? A third dimension doesn't mean I'm able to hold all these games.

Seems my #yearofwaluigitime avatar has brought good tidings on this Direct night.

Team Handheld winning again.

Well, except for the fact that there's practically nothing coming up for Vita except for maybe Gundam Breaker I guess which is also on PS3 anyway. 3DS picking up the slack though.

Dead Man

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-17/drug-squad-commander-calls-for-drug-reform/4635620
In an exclusive interview, the head of the NSW police drug squad says penalties should be softened for minor drug possession.

In a wide-ranging interview, Detective Superintendant Nick Bingham told triple j's Hack program that police should move to a softer approach for policing personal drug use and possession offences.

Det Supt Bingham said he would like to see cautions given for all "use-possession-type offences".

Much more at the article.

Nothing will change of course, but it's nice to see someone say it.

Deeku

yeah there's soooo much good stuff on 3ds now and not enough time to play them all:/

it's great that bravely default's getting a western release, such a beautiful game!

I should've known the PAL 2013/US 2014 Bravely Default thing was going to bring out the "Operation Rainfall means everything that PAL has ever missed out on or had to wait for never happened while America eternally suffers" people even when examples as fresh as the Devil Survivor debacle are still ongoing :\

Win7 partition on my laptop shat itself, so i installed Ubuntu and set up my dev envirnonment on that. Took ages to get shit setup and now i find texture packer isn't supported because i cant update libqt4-network. :-( looks like i might be getting a new win7 install

hamchan

Welp, Link to the Past 2. Didn't expect that. Hopefully it's not super boring like the last few Zelda games. They have a legacy to respect with how they've named this game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Welp, Link to the Past 2. Didn't expect that. Hopefully it's not super boring like the last few Zelda games. They have a legacy to respect with how they've named this game.

Didn't expect that Nintendo would announce a sequal or that it took them so long to realise they hadn't done a sequal yet, so now they have?

Sequals every fucking where! #videogames

Clipper

Well, I clearly need to start paying more attention to the Internet as I had no clue about this ND. I'm definitely kind of shocked about LttP 2. Can't say I ever saw that happening.

This will really put the test on the Master Sword resting forever, though...

Edit: Bloody hell, I totally didn't check the news from the last ND either... A new Mario & Luigi game too?! And I didn't know about the DKCR port... This is too much.

Stackboy

All this whinging about Foxtel getting first access to BBC programming gets to me. It's just another example of how we think we are so entitled to get everything for free or cheap.

Not trying to start anything, but if you really want to watch these shows, pay for them.

Omikron

All this whinging about Foxtel getting first access to BBC programming gets to me. It's just another example of how we think we are so entitled to get everything for free or cheap.

Not trying to start anything, but if you really want to watch these shows, pay for them.

Huh. I am fine for paying for things, I don't want to pay for things I don't want and I don't want to pay for something and then receive a ton of advertisements on top of that. But, the rights of the content producer or something.

Also, this is great from the NZ politician. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/video.cfm?c_id=1&gal_objectid=10878073&gallery_id=132264

Jintor

It's more that they've traditionally been on the ABC for years and people hate change, especially change that doesn't benefit consumers

realistically though who the fuck's going to go buy foxtel for the BBC channel when they can almost certainly just pirate the living shit out of it instead

Reset the modem, got a little better

2652706976.png

still shit though, but at least my streams work now

MOAR ZELDA SEQUELS MOAR MARIO SEQUELS
Oh actually these could actually turn out good! I wondered what Alpha Dream has been up to for the last 4 years since the last Mario & Luigi title, which was awesome. Should be a good Christmas pickup (hopefully around that time???).

LttP2!!! Initially I was annoyed that the camera is so close in but it looks like there is a ton of new gameplay stuff that requires a closer camera. Should be a fun romp, hope they port it to WiiU too.

I might actually start buying some 3DS games finally!

Also is there a Pikmin 3 date for over here? Just saw August for the US (is 9 months considered launch window? Hope Sony doesn't pull this bullshit).

Also suck shit US we get Bravely Default this year! Another one on my buy list. Along with Fire Emblem. Which still isn't out yettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

jambo give me a job
You want to move to Adelaide???!?

It was super depressing to see my member, from Canberra, one of the safest seats in the most liberal of towns, vote against it >_< stupid apparatchik. (Proper liberal sense not big L)

The big Cheeseman is on the side of good. Although I'm not in his area any more. I don't even know who my rep is here, aside from the State side of course.

Joking? I want to pay for them. Why can't I just buy a BBC channel? Why do I need to buy a base package and then buy a premium BBC channel on top of that.

The point is that they are locking the content down to a smaller segment of the populace all in the name of the almighty dollar. That is all they care about.

Also I thought the ABC was tax payer funded? I'm a tax payer aren't I? Last I checked I work and pay taxes in the country.

The ABC doesn't deman BBC for free, they just didn't even get offered a look this time, Foxtel did a swifty.

Stackboy

It's more that they've traditionally been on the ABC for years and people hate change, especially change that doesn't benefit consumers

realistically though who the fuck's going to go buy foxtel for the BBC channel when they can almost certainly just pirate the living shit out of it instead

People will use it as an excuse to pirate, that's for sure. Australians love them some piracy.

I love how Foxtel fast tracks a lot of show I like. Wow, I sound like a Foxtel rep.

The reason why I think the BBC moving to pay TV sucks is because the ABC gives a lot of shows that no other channel would take a chance on airtime. If any of those program's get popular, all of a sudden they're snapped up, edited to fit timeslots and adverts crappily checked in a stupid places.

The ABC deserves to keep these program's because they take a chance on them, have a better reach to social and geographic demographics and treat them with more respect.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm pretty excited about Catherine on + this month, always wanted to play it but never got around to it yet.

He's more of a Rush Limbaugh than a Bill O'Reilly, he's a total piece of shit, it's depressing to think how much influence he has.

Meh, I'm on an unlimited TPG plan.

Same. *fistbump*

Stackboy

The reason why I think the BBC moving to pay TV sucks is because the ABC gives a lot of shows that no other channel would take a chance on airtime. If any of those program's get popular, all of a sudden they're snapped up, edited to fit timeslots and adverts crappily checked in a stupid places.

The ABC deserves to keep these program's because they take a chance on them, have a better reach to social and geographic demographics and treat them with more respect.

Yeah I understand that. If I didn't have cable the only channels I would watch are ABC and SBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom