• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Yes! Halfbrick's Fish Out Of Water Is Now Available! Woooooooooooo!

mzl.ihmkzhod.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.gnrtgtgq.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.jityyrci.320x480-75.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fish-out-of-water!/id578467798

Buy it, and join the NeoGAF league!

Shaneus

I think we should create an AusGAF league. I don't think those other NeoGAF people want all us racist folk up in their game.

Can you leave a league and join another one?

Rlan

I think we should create an AusGAF league. I don't think those other NeoGAF people want all us racist folk up in their game.

Can you leave a league and join another one?

Yup, just tap the crab and go to leagues, and switch the league name.

jambo

Oral B and Crest exclusive DLC for SimCity 5...

Is this real life?!

https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-attractions-set-faq

Make your Sims smile with the Attractions Set--five fun tourist hot spots that will not only make your Sims happy, but bring in more tourists. If you want to plop these playful attractions in your city, you need to be located in the United States and you’ll also need to purchase a specially marked Crest or Oral-B product to receive a code good for all five attractions.

How do I get the Attractions Set in my game?
You will need to purchase a specially marked Crest or Oral-B product.

https://crest.ea.com/crestiwg/front.do

>__<

hamchan

Pretty awesome that the Nintendo hardware I own is getting flooded with games. That other Nintendo thing is just forgotten about really.

Pretty awesome that the Nintendo hardware I own is getting flooded with games. That other Nintendo thing is just forgotten about really.

I think they dumped pretty much everything they have for 3DS at the moment in last night's Direct so they could clear up E3 for Wii U and blitz that there. That's what it felt like with Yoshi's Island 3DS and A Link to the Past II coming out of nowhere, those seem like E3 sorta reveals to me.

At least that'd better be what they did because otherwise that thing is boned, especially with the big "launch window" stuff like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 slipping into Q3.

I'm quite pumped for this year's E3. Two new systems and a third second that needs a good showing to pull out of its rut. If I was cynical I'd say we'll get a Wii U 3D Mario, Wii U Mario Kart, Wii U Animal Crossing and possibly a Pokemon as well as Wind-waker HD.
Potential for new franchises as well as crowd-pleasing sequels. Plus months of Gaf-speculation that hopefully is a little less unhinged than what we've had since the PS4 reveal and the void of hard 720 info.

Either way, the second best game to be released in 2013 so far for me has been Lego City Undercover. It's the first Wii U since I got it at launch that I've bothered to finish (though I will eventually finish both Mario and ACIII). I would love an open world mushroom kingdom set game.

Lego City is Crackdown with Lego.

btw. This is a sample of choc's tweets today.
And the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 was on April 18, as was the suicide bombing of the US embassy in Lebanon, as well as bombings in Baghdad.

And Dick Clark died on April 18, so did Einstein.

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY

Do workplaces still take printed applications? I thought they'd all prefer email attachments. Or are New Zealand ahead in progressive societal equality but waaaaay behind in technology?

Kirby102

Anyone here know of any good printing places that can print on heavy card stock?

I want to purchase Cards Against Humanity and didn't even know there was a KS on it. But alas, it looks like a good party game, a DiXit-like game with inappropriate contexts. The only issue is that they aren't in retail stores as of yet, but they don't ship outside of the US.

So I thought the next best thing is to print the PDF they supplied, but I do not know anyone that does it. (and for cheap too?) Just needs to be printed B&W on heavy card stock (but the file has it in US Letter format), do our stores even print in that size?

Danoss

All this whinging about Foxtel getting first access to BBC programming gets to me. It's just another example of how we think we are so entitled to get everything for free or cheap.

Not trying to start anything, but if you really want to watch these shows, pay for them.

There's that word again. I don't think it's an entitlement at all, but to previously have something and then to have it taken away, there's nothing wrong with expressing anger, disappointment or frustration with this.

Entertainment like that already isn't free, which is why it's paid for by advertising or taxpayer money. Why should we have to pay for the privilege to be advertised to? Also, if I want to watch one thing on Foxtel, why should we have to pay ridiculous premiums just to access it? If I go to JB and want to buy a DVD or BD box set, I'm not asked to buy another 3 or 4 before I'm allowed to do so; what Foxtel does is no different to this, how does expressing distaste for such things sound like "entitlement"?

When I watched Foxtel, it was one channel with the Rugby League on it, Fox Sports 2. But you need to buy the basic package and then the sports package on top of that. $72 per month for one channel. It's not an outrage that these things aren't free or that we have to pay for them, but that we're forced to pay for unwanted garbage on top of it. They cannot hide behind the cost of infrastructure or maintaining the equipment in my home and various other things when Foxtel on 360 has the same shortcomings; users provide their own equipment and pay for their own bandwidth and yet the same pay structure remains.

I'm sure if there was the ability to pay to just access that which we want, no one would complain. It's not entitlement at all, it's anything but.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah, I've always found BBC to be fairly synonymous with our ABC and I'm used to that being free in Australia.

Or 1c per day or whatever the tax is to pay for ABC.

Also, new avatar with my bubs!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So.. Upon searching for something on my workmates bench I spotted a convo he was having with his mate and of course I got the juicy part. He seems to be leaving, putting in his 2 weeks notice at some stage.

He is in service, I'm meant to be in service. That's pretty much it. With him gone or will pretty much be just me however we have 2 other people leaving tomorrow so this complicates things. What they have been doing is what I have been doing for the past few months, with that work not slowing down its safe to say I will need to get back to it next week.

Sooooo I have no idea who will be in service in a few weeks time.

I should just quit as well. Take a real break, holiday, sort my shit out and get another tech job since I'm certified.

Tempting. But I don't drive so that hurts any real possibility of doing that.

Danoss

I don't drive so that hurts any real possibility of doing that.

Motorcycle!

Sign yourself up for the L's course (2x 4-hour days here in NSW) then do the test and you can be on the road immediately after, as soon as you get yourself a bike (and protective gear). It really is that simple.

no Un Bee Un?
Ewe Eff Bay guy!

Yeah, I've always found BBC to be fairly synonymous with our ABC and I'm used to that being free in Australia.

Or 1c per day or whatever the tax is to pay for ABC.

Also, new avatar with my bubs!

That bubs gets a fuckload of enjoyment out of BBC backed programs on ABC too I bet!

Can't imagine a world where kids won't grow up with Fireman Sam, Bob The Builder, Driver Dan's Story Train, Grandpa in My Pocket, Little Charley Bear, Postman Pat & Timmy Time!

Thankfully ITV has Thomas the Tank Engine. No fucking way you could take that off free-to-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom