• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a program where one can grow a beard, shave it and then trade it for breasts? Intriguing...

... or are you saying people who act as beards somehow get breasts? Still intriguing...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wish I could trade my beard for boobs.

Our six person BioShock Infinite review went up, at long last. A buddy of mine, Liam Mills, contributed this awesome as fuck artwork. He'll be working with us a bit in the near future, doing us an Injustice piece next.

bioshockblxsh.png

1920x1080 wallpaper: http://www.abload.de/img/bioshocka9lzn.png

Shaneus

Here you go. It whitelists thread titles you allow, and hides the rest. CBF making it try to load more threads from other pages or allow you to unhide them, etc, so I'd suggest browsing the forum display with 200 threads per page (just append &perpage=200 when browsing). It will also probably hide most of the off topic forum, but that may also be a good thing.
God. Amongst. Men.

Thank you! I haven't tested yet and there are some things I'll tweak, but that looks practically perfect. Hope it didn't take you too long!

Owe you a beer. Probably one of these suckers:
MSlmlCt.jpg

They suit you fine, but they could suit you better. A stronger frame (not black plastic hipster glasses!) would stand out with your beard and hair better.

Just my 2c of course, if you don't want new glasses those look fine.

Edit: Something like this maybe:
http://www.specsavers.com.au/glasses/modern/damon/
25240337.jpg
Or possibly even ones like mine, which I guess are kinda hipsterish, but not overly so:
(okay, I can't find mine exactly, but these two are very similar)
24862066.jpg

24247290.jpg

http://www.specsavers.com.au/glasses/fashion/toby/#
http://www.specsavers.com.au/glasses/modern/george/

50" seems to have improved the room a bit. Better than the little 28".
Seriously, that's 50"? That's a big fucking room then, tiger.

Thank you! I haven't tested yet and there are some things I'll tweak, but that looks practically perfect. Hope it didn't take you too long!
Nah, didn't take long. Actually wrote it in a short period of downtime while I was boiling a beer this afternoon. If you make any worthwhile changes (I could see a toggle to restore hidden threads, an UI to add/remove keywords and pulling threads from successive pages being decent changes) let me know and I'll update the User Script.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yeaaa. That script might be a little too strong.

Considering it shows nothing in community and only the steam thread in gaming.

It might be a better option to make it so that it's less aggressive but at the same time not remove the threads but make them less visible. Maybe they could be in grey or something to that effect.

Yeaaa. That script might be a little too strong.
I did mention it whitelisted threads (hiding the rest) based on keywords and that I didn't even take Off Topic into consideration!

But then, you say too strong, but I say there's so much crap it's about right.

It wouldn't be too hard to make it only work on Gaming (there are different DOM IDs for DIVs depending on the forum ID number) if that's something you wanted to do.

Also it's pretty easy to add to the whitelist if you check the source, so if there are too many hidden you can relax it a bit. You could also make it work the other way (hide threads with keywords) if you spent just a couple of minutes on it. Mine was just a starting point and way to kill 10 minutes.

So the Ace Attorney movie is pretty underwhelming. It's the first game except it's a movie and kinda boring. There are some nice little gags and visual moments but it's just not very engaging viewing.

Kinda the opposite of the Super Mario Bros. movie, really.

Shaneus

I did mention it whitelisted threads (hiding the rest) based on keywords and that I didn't even take Off Topic into consideration!

But then, you say too strong, but I say there's so much crap it's about right.

It wouldn't be too hard to make it only work on Gaming (there are different DOM IDs for DIVs depending on the forum ID number) if that's something you wanted to do.

Also it's pretty easy to add to the whitelist if you check the source, so if there are too many hidden you can relax it a bit. You could also make it work the other way (hide threads with keywords) if you spent just a couple of minutes on it. Mine was just a starting point and way to kill 10 minutes.
I was actually thinking of going a blacklist route and anything with "favourite/favorite", anything with a question mark, "Nintendo" ('cause I just don't care about them) and leave everything else. Still, something to mess with on a Saturday!

Again, thanks :)

hamchan

I bought a 1 year subscription to the Marvel Unlimited Digital Comic book thingy probably because its late and I'm not thinking clearly. I spent the last hour and a half reading 15 issues of the hot teen drama in Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.

I bought a 1 year subscription to the Marvel Unlimited Digital Comic book thingy probably because its late and I'm not thinking clearly. I spent the last hour and a half reading 15 issues of the hot teen drama in Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.
I remember the early issues of that series fondly.

Quick question about Marvel Unlimited: Do you get new issues straight away, and does it encompass all new issues being released? i.e. if 15 new issues get released next week are they all available?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's actually pretty good. It feels like Flatout combined with... Ridge Racer, I guess. With a bit of Driver SF aesthetics.

Haven't played it much recently, but when I last played it I definitely enjoyed it.

Yea. I didn't mind it at all when I actually played it .. So now i'm going to pick it up for myself. Especially at that price.

I might stream it out because THATS SO EXCITING .. oh wait no it's not.

Shaneus

I'd also suggest going nuts with RadeonPro and SweetFX, I was able to (somewhat) successfully pull back a good amount of the orangeness of the game. Lemme know if you want the ini :)

BTW There's a new RP (came out a few days ago) and a new Catalyst that's on Guru3D that seems to have improvements across the board, despite (apparently) most of the files having the same version number.

hamchan

I remember the early issues of that series fondly.

Quick question about Marvel Unlimited: Do you get new issues straight away, and does it encompass all new issues being released? i.e. if 15 new issues get released next week are they all available?

Nope, there's like a 6 month to 1 year delay on new issues, probably to force you to buy them from Comixology for $3 or some other high price if you want to keep up with the latest stuff.

Calender is here http://marvel.com/comics/calendar/week/?tab=mu&offset=0&totalcount=20

Looks like they're still adding Avengers vs X-Men stuff.

It's great value if you just want access to the Marvel backlog or are ok with reading 6 months behind everyone else.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'd also suggest going nuts with RadeonPro and SweetFX, I was able to (somewhat) successfully pull back a good amount of the orangeness of the game. Lemme know if you want the ini :)

BTW There's a new RP (came out a few days ago) and a new Catalyst that's on Guru3D that seems to have improvements across the board, despite (apparently) most of the files having the same version number.

I might grab the SFX off you. I always like messing around with that, Just to see how pretty things become.

I will say, This is how a game should be made. I'm glad Criterion aren't doing racers anymore. You start the game, and pretty much hit go and you're playing. No fucking idiotic long ass introduction videos with moronic dj's telling you shit you already fucking know.

That doesn't instantly make it a great game but good god it feels nice to just load up a game and within 10 seconds you're playing on the first boot.

That being said, I'm now afraid of what Criterion could make, because god knows there might be some stupid fucking dj intro stuff thrown in. I miss the old Criterion.

Nope, there's like a 6 month to 1 year delay on new issues, probably to force you to buy them from Comixology for $3 or some other high price if you want to keep up with the latest stuff.

Calender is here http://marvel.com/comics/calendar/week/?tab=mu&offset=0&totalcount=20

Looks like they're still adding Avengers vs X-Men stuff.

It's great value if you just want access to the Marvel backlog or are ok with reading 6 months behind everyone else.
Oh poopies. Makes sense, though, I guess. One hand the yearly subscription is the price of one title for a year which could deter people from subscribing to individual titles and just getting Unlimited. On the other hand, if you buy comics each month, it sort of reduces the perceived value of the subscription as titles that you've already purchased become available to you.

I've just gotten back into reading comics since getting an iPad (couldn't deal with buying more comics that I already had little space for, already) and have been looking at the option available for digital comics (Comixology & Marvel/DC Direct purchase).

Thanks for the response, hamchan.

markot

Banned
UMMMMMMM

Are 5.1s worth it if I dont really have the space to put the sattelites behind me or anything >.<?

Like all 5 speakers on my desk!

Rahk

Cool thanks! Anyone else playing?

I might go get it tomorrow, need something other than rpgs to play
I bought it last night due to the promo and got Professor Layton for free (NOA only, need to register a 3DS XL).

Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Been busy with Fire Emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom