• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

So how do people buy games in stores? It's always been on my mind.

Do you guys pick up the empty box and go to the counter and pay like that?

Or do you just go to the counter and ask for a copy of it.

Always feel a bit weird holding an empty box at the counter. I mean, you get an entirely new box either way unless that was the last box they had in the store.

Yeah, it does sound similar to him.

tumblr_inline_mldrl51cHZ1qz4rgp.jpg

New Daft Punk is the first thing to make me want to go dance at a club in years. Just so joyful and happy. None of this drank drank stank hoe motherfucker britney bitch bullshit. Something with more class than the scum that infests the airwaves these days.

i go to counter cos i cant be bothered looking for stuff

I like to pick through the wares though for bargains, how else would I find Ghost Trick for $14 or Alpha Protocol for $9

:)

New Daft Punk is the first thing to make me want to go dance at a club in years. Just so joyful and happy. None of this drank drank stank hoe motherfucker britney bitch bullshit
While I agree with you about the spirit of the single (and the really negative attitude of most of that horrible music lately), the lyrics ARE about people going out with the intent of getting laid. Pretty standard French house feel, with that usual Daft Punk awesomeness.

I like it, can't wait to hear the rest.

SOMEONE KNEECAP ABLETT FFS!

:(

While I agree with you about the spirit of the single (and the really negative attitude of most of that horrible music lately), the lyrics ARE about people going out with the intent of getting laid. Pretty standard French house feel, with that usual Daft Punk awesomeness.

I like it, can't wait to hear the rest.

'Get lucky' and 'get some' are a fuckload more restrained than most of the sexually explicit club tracks though lol

Deeku

New Daft Punk is the first thing to make me want to go dance at a club in years. Just so joyful and happy. None of this drank drank stank hoe motherfucker britney bitch bullshit. Something with more class than the scum that infests the airwaves these days.
totally, much more pleasant and head bobable than dubstep!

I like to pick through the wares though for bargains, how else would I find Ghost Trick for $14 or Alpha Protocol for $9

:)
ya true, but there are a lot less gems to be found these days. i remember some eb's used to have glass cabinets or folders of gba games, got me a copy of jp mother 3 once for 5 bucks:eek:

Jintor

God damnit why didn't I track down and hurl abuse at John Oliver while he was in Australia

God, I haven't seen Howard for years.

woooooooooooooooooooo
found the fuckign cookbook ive been looking for for 2 years
still cant find 2 Polaroid photo things i was actually looking for though
not sure i care though after the book showed up
edit:i should clarify, i lost it in my room, i wasnt looking to purchase it from somewhere

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My Saturday night in a nutshell.

saturdayzxsdb.jpg

Shaneus

My contribution to that thread:
At a Japanese wedding... in Australia, right? Because they're so racist?

Let me introduce you to Late Nite Tuff Guy:
Burning Down the Acid House
Holiday (LNTG Muscle Mix)
My Body's On Fire (LNTG Rework, original by Janet Jackson)
2nite (LNTG re-edit)
Bill Withers - Lovely Day (LNTG remix)

Crappy commercial music is becoming less and less prevalent, thankfully. You just have to make sure you avoid the main club in any given area and you'll be fine :)

To the pirates I go!

And yeah. Daily Show is unfortunately stagnant in terms of converting people, they do a fantastic job day in day out though.

ya true, but there are a lot less gems to be found these days. i remember some eb's used to have glass cabinets or folders of gba games, got me a copy of jp mother 3 once for 5 bucks:eek:
I'm genuinely annoyed that I don't see Gamecube/PSOne/N64/Dreamcast/SNES/Mega Drive games anywhere. They fucking exist. They were printed in factories. They were sold. They have to be someone so why can't I buy them anywhere?

America doesn't have this problem :(

God damnit why didn't I track down and hurl abuse at John Oliver while he was in Australia
Pretty sure he was only here for a very short time.

Jintor

You could probably quantify it. Generally speaking in the collective Japanese consciousness they largely don't seem as aware of other racial problems as cultures that have by now been steeped in liberalism do? Something like that?

I don't know, I've been reading some Japanese political history books and it's got me thinking about the Guns Germs and Steel philosophy of geographically-determined collective consciousness

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I love the delicious irony of people calling out all Japanese people as being racist. "It's just how they all are. The whole country is the same. They're all racist."
To be honest, it's just unintentional racism anyway, it's not like they are being intentionally hateful towards other races.:p

Shaneus

I just use Unblock-us. Saves the hassle, plus I can use things like BBC streaming, Netflix (not that I have it) and other stuff that normally requires VPN.

On that note, does anyone here use Netflix at all? Do you need to have a legit US billing address, or can it be faked?

Clipper

You have to pay for Unblock-us, though...

And I have to say that setting up Media Hint was a hell of a lot easier than when I tried to get the Unblock-us trial to work a while back. Unblock-us is probably easier now, I guess, but Media Hint is just installing a Firefox extension.

I just use Unblock-us. Saves the hassle, plus I can use things like BBC streaming, Netflix (not that I have it) and other stuff that normally requires VPN.

On that note, does anyone here use Netflix at all? Do you need to have a legit US billing address, or can it be faked?

Pretty sure Fusebox said you need a US billing account but PM him and he can probably help out.

Shaneus

Wii with Mario Kart Wii for $74 pickup from Dick Smith (enter your postcode for Click & Collect)
Um, shit. I know I shouldn't (and is that the Wii with GC BC or not?) but damn that's cheap. Almost worth it just for the Wiimote so I can use it on PC.

If it was the Gamecube-compatible one, it'd probably almost seal it for me. But there's no HDMI on Wii, is there?

Yeah, it does sound similar to him.

tumblr_inline_mldrl51cHZ1qz4rgp.jpg
God damn, that's a great picture.

Um, shit. I know I shouldn't (and is that the Wii with GC BC or not?) but damn that's cheap. Almost worth it just for the Wiimote so I can use it on PC.

If it was the Gamecube-compatible one, it'd probably almost seal it for me. But there's no HDMI on Wii, is there?

God damn, that's a great picture.

Not sure, best to ask Vook or even have a look at it in-store.

Actually make that a NOPE. :(

I wonder how hard it is to find one of the old Wii's. Anyway, easy enough to get a Gamecube still thankfully.

Shaneus

Racism doesn't feel like a word anymore.
Not to bring it into debate, but it's almost like everyone calling everyone else "misogynistic" for every little sexist comment. Or "literally" is used to emphasise something rather than it's actual meaning. Or "addicting".

The English language is being butchered before my very eyes. I wonder if there are other eras/generations where this has happened, or if it's just recently because of the intermingling of cultures, dialects and region-specific definitions that caused it.

Edit: Thanks rep. Will give it a miss. Only really be worth it to me if I could tinker with it or play random old GC titles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom