• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Google knew my recent flight to Sydney was cancelled without even me telling google (other than an email in my inbox) that I had a flight to Sydney.

Would have been pretty amazing, if it hadn't been 5am and trying to reschedule.

Shaneus

Yo cods, that script is working amazingly! I can't get it to play quite nicely with "Stylish", but that's not anything to do with your script at all, it's just that it applies it's formatting after Greasemonkey runs your script, so it loses a fair chunk of the work you've put in.

I'm sure there's a way to prioritise when plugins/scripts run, so I'll tinker with that. But man, nice work! Owe you two beers.

I'm sure there's a way to prioritise when plugins/scripts run, so I'll tinker with that. But man, nice work! Owe you two beers.
I suppose you could wrap it in a function, then use setTimeout() to call it after a specified amount of time. Pretty ugly, but it'll work.

I think I linked this yesterday, but fuck it, linking it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lQV1_B63LTM#!

(it isn't the gun control video.)
That's so cool. Slowing down those old timey videos so that it doesn't look like everyone had an itchy bum gives them so much more life than when they're played on TV. It looks like I'm looking at a particularly choppy late-90s web stream, but those are real people in front of the camera, who have lives and personalities.

And the music. I like it.

Very nice video, Omi.

I liked the music, too, VKS. Very much so. I found the album on the Amazon MP3 store but the site is acting really crazy for me right now so I can't buy it :( This may be the first time I've ever had Amazon.com act crazylike.

Timeouts, links not working, 500 errors, everything.

Edit: huh, http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is telling me that Amazon is down. That's a first for me.

Awesome vid, but I don't see the beauty in it.
I don't think it's beautiful, either. I just like seeing previous eras on film. Romanticised thoughts of simpler times and all that.

Awesome vid, but I don't see the beauty in it.
Because, as VKS mentioned, it's like watching actual video of people that feels like they're real humans who exist in our world. Old timey videos usually run fast so they have an unrealistic quality about them and may as well have been staged.

Movies, for example, could be 100% accurate in period detailing, but deep down you know it's all faked. This still somehow feels so much more real than an HD episode of Downton Abbey or whatever.

I stand by my use of the word 'beautiful'. I think the usage was appropriate.

markot

Banned
Can you proof that people didnt walk faster and were all jittery in ye olde days? They used to have cocaine in their soft drinks remember!

Dead Man

I don't think it's beautiful, either. I just like seeing previous eras on film. Romanticised thoughts of simpler times and all that.

Yeah, it certainly scratches a curiosity itch.

Because, as VKS mentioned, it's like watching actual video of people that feels like they're real humans who exist in our world. Old timey videos usually run fast so they have an unrealistic quality about them and may as well have been staged.

Movies, for example, could be 100% accurate in period detailing, but deep down you know it's all faked. This still somehow feels so much more real than an HD episode of Downton Abbey or whatever.

I stand by my use of the word 'beautiful'. I think the usage was appropriate.

On a purely visual level it is beautiful, but all I see is pollution, misery, and class divides. It has a melancholy about it, but I can't go so far as to call it beauty. It is a great video though.

Shaneus

Well, this fucking sucks.
amphlett-200x0.jpg

RIP Chrissy :(

Fusebox

Banned
Thanks heaps for all the well wishes guys, hugely appreciated. I did start to feel a bit down on the train from work to the city but then I saw a dude in a wheelchair and I realised my problems aren't a blip on the radar really, just gotta keep that perspective.

And RIP Chrissy, that Touch Myself song was some seriously sexually charged shit for back in the day and considering how huge it was.

This is one of those times when Facebooks needs a 'Don't Like' button coz hitting Like just feels like I'm saying I like the fact she's dead.

Dead Man

Thanks heaps for all the well wishes guys, hugely appreciated. I did start to feel a bit down on the train from work to the city but then I saw a dude in a wheelchair and I realised my problems aren't a blip on the radar really, just gotta keep that perspective.

And RIP Chrissy, that Touch Myself song was some seriously sexually charged shit for back in the day and considering how huge it was.

This is one of those times when Facebooks needs a 'Don't Like' button coz hitting Like just feels like I'm saying I like the fact she's dead.

Damn, missed it completely, I feel like an idiot. Good luck, hope you find something good quickly.

senahorse

I think I linked this yesterday, but fuck it, linking it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lQV1_B63LTM#!

(it isn't the gun control video.)

That's amazing. Shame my gran has passed away, she grew up there in this era, would have brought a tear to her eye I am sure.

edit: A couple of choice quotes from YT:

This may have not been the best of times but man I love their fashion and style. Plus I love seeing all the people staring at the camera smiling, I dont think they could have imagined we'd be watching them over 100 years later on a strange thing called YouTube on a stranger thing called "the internet".

What a wonderful piece of history.I wonder how many of those little boys
went on to lose their lives in WW1...sad beyond words .

Shaneus

Hey guys, what's the turnaround meant to be on Play-Asia stuff? From memory, I thought they were faster than the UK stores but it's almost two weeks since I ordered ("ordered" on the 9th, shipped on the 10th. P-A time, I guess) and not a sign of P4G anywhere :/

I suppose you could wrap it in a function, then use setTimeout() to call it after a specified amount of time. Pretty ugly, but it'll work.
Actually worked around it, managed to comment out the lines in the skin that dictated the background colour of the threads. It was a monochrome skin anyway, so disabling said lines left them the same colour anyway (changed them to white). Also commented out the font change in that skin as well, but that left blue text so I had to fiddle a little to force the colour in *your* script so that everything was black. Managed to do that relatively successfully though :)

Yeah it does. RIP.
Yeah. Geelong girl, too :(

And one of the first singers I remember as a kid, as never being all that beautiful or attractive (by conventional standards) BUT being sexy as all hell.

Seems like she had quite the struggle over the last few years, with both cancer and MS to contend with. Christ, can't get much unluckier than that :(

Hey guys, what's the turnaround meant to be on Play-Asia stuff? From memory, I thought they were faster than the UK stores but it's almost two weeks since I ordered ("ordered" on the 9th, shipped on the 10th. P-A time, I guess) and not a sign of P4G anywhere :/

Postage in general has been slow as fuck recently. Just got Book Depo and Amazon delivery today which I expected a week ago.

Shaneus

Postage in general has been slow as fuck recently. Just got Book Depo and Amazon delivery today which I expected a week ago.
That's weird... it's not like anything's happening *at all*. No public holidays... although wasn't there that earthquake or something? Or maybe the bombing had an affect?

Oh man, Chrissy is about to sing from the Toyota Corona service manual. Bet it's still sexy as hell.

That's weird... it's not like anything's happening *at all*. No public holidays... although wasn't there that earthquake or something? Or maybe the bombing had an affect?

Maybe tons of postal workers took annual leave around now. We had a bit of a shuffle of leave at work just to cover all the bases.

Maybe the Liberals kept out the boats/planes!

Don't worry, it turns out that it was someone in disguise, using wires, smoke machines and recordings to pretend they were a ghost.

Oh course, Shaggy and Scooby find out the important clue by accident, leaving Fred and Velma to work out the actual answer.

Kritz

Banned
Don't worry, it turns out that it was someone in disguise, using wires, smoke machines and recordings to pretend they were a ghost.

Oh course, Shaggy and Scooby find out the important clue by accident, leaving Fred and Velma to work out the actual answer.

and the window on the bottom of a boat was actually a large lcd TV and somehow nobody fucking noticed they were looking into a TV instead of the bottom of the ocean

but then were totally surprised when they were in the guy's house and were like, WHOA, HOW IS THERE THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS WALL?!

dumbasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom