• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

The sequel to Omi's post:

009986-west-perth.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...board-vandalised/story-fnhocxo3-1226627015777
Fucking awesome.

Protestors defacing that sign like that just pisses me off.

They went to the trouble of whiting out the numbers but not blacking out the text at the bottom?

Yellow writing on blue background that extends out of the frame, ugh Jesus Chris what is this bush week?
What makes you think Chris did it?

Not much in that list which is nice to see, aside from the flares. A cop got spat at and one person was a fuckstick and assaulted someone in some fashion. Expected worse. Would be nice to see that reduced to zero at all events though of course.
Doubt you'll see fashion of any kind at a soccer match.

Do I want this? I don't know. It's been that long since I've even seen my DSL I don't know if I'd ever be bothered playing it.

Really surprised with the sheer lack of DS-iOS ports, TBH. Something like that I'd buy the shit out of for my phone if publishers actually did it.

Fusebox

Banned
I caught the train into town earlier to sign some docs at work and have a beer with some ex-colleagues and omg the dero's on the train during the middle of the day! One crazy lady was swinging around and around on the pole in the vestibule and then stuck her face up against the glass in the doors and yelled at herself for the rest of the trip. I pretended I was playing Vita but had it on mute and I think she had schizophrenia or something because hoo-boy was she spouting some crap.

Shaneus

I caught the train into town earlier to sign some docs at work and have a beer with some ex-colleagues and omg the dero's on the train during the middle of the day! One crazy lady was swinging around and around on the pole in the vestibule and then stuck her face up against the glass in the doors and yelled at herself for the rest of the trip. I pretended I was playing Vita but had it on mute and I think she had schizophrenia or something because hoo-boy was she spouting some crap.
You can record on Vita, can't you? I mean, you have a 32gb card so surely you have some space on there. That stuff could be gold.

Fusebox

Banned
Oh shit! I thought about recording with my iPhone but it would have been too blatant, I never thought to use the Vita that would have been the perfect stealth cam!

Shaneus

Oh that's right, it has a camera as well! I was only thinking the microphone. Only thing that camera's good for is that AR crap, isn't it?

Actually, in that case it's good for nothing. What a load of shit that is.

Dead Man

SCV was a bit shit, but for that price it's well worth it if you want a pretty 3d fighter.

Excellent.

If you want a good read on the subject: http://www.independentaustralia.net/2012/politics/australias-two-biggest-lies-about-boat-people/

It's from late last year, but it clarifies the legal reality of those seeking asylum and those transporting them rather than spewing rhetoric.

Protestors defacing that sign like that just pisses me off.

They went to the trouble of whiting out the numbers but not blacking out the text at the bottom?

Yellow writing on blue background that extends out of the frame, ugh Jesus Chris what is this bush week?
LOL Perfect response.
True, they should have done this:

DQnuviv.gif

ROFL!

Pussy on the keys!

TT2oX.png

Beat The Bomb stuff (5 days locally posted)
Injustice Gods Among Us LE Steelbook on 360/PS3 for $55 posted
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance on 360/PS3 for $42 posted

Play Asia (10 days, free postage over $US25 cart)
Radiant Historia on DS for $24 before postage (pocky doesn't work anymore!) $4 postage on top.
US DEVICES ONLY!!! Paper Mario: Sticker Star for 3DS for $31 posted US DEVICES ONLY!!!
Halo 4 on 360 for $29 posted
Crysis 3 on PS3 for $29 posted

Little bit miffed about them stopping the US$25 free shipping thing if you have a total of $25+ in your cart, means they put Radiant Historia at US$24.90 to add another $4 on top, bastards. Doesn't say anything about that on the Free Shipping Offer page. No second copy of RH for me!

legend166

So I got 6 hours into LA Noire and have given up and gone on Wikipedia to read about the story.

Turns out that the main plot hasn't even really started yet, lol. I was four cases into homicide.

I feel like there's a really good game hidden somewhere in there, covered by the open world nature and the unnecessary padding.

LA Noire was half cooked, pushed out the door by Rockstar cobbling together a game from the ineptitude of Team Bondi due to fucking horrible management. Homicide was the high point of the game.

Also Dr. Bernbaum you would be the most qualified to answer my question. I have been taking a Yakult-esque product the last week and a half. But it costs more than zero dollars. Is it cool to drop it out of my routine? I'm not going to fuck up my bowels again am I?

Also how good was that game on Monday? ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Legend, That's weak. I finished LA noire and I hate bad games .. Yet I enjoyed LA Noire for what it was worth.

It's easy, repetitive as all hell but mostly easy.

I think a lot of people ended up quitting during homicide, I can easily see why as well. The pacing for everything was just broken and the city was way to fucking big, you don't even touch 90% of it.

The best advice for LA Noire is to let your partner do the driving, makes it a lot quicker.

I think I joked in a previous thread about the LA Noire tech being used to make a Moonlighting game. I am sad that it hasn't happened yet.
I would consume the fuck out of that.

Legend, That's weak. I finished LA noire and I hate bad games .. Yet I enjoyed LA Noire for what it was worth.

It's easy, repetitive as all hell but mostly easy.

I think a lot of people ended up quitting during homicide, I can easily see why as well. The pacing for everything was just broken and the city was way to fucking big, you don't even touch 90% of it.

The best advice for LA Noire is to let your partner do the driving, makes it a lot quicker.
Aside from the cheevo for driving for like 1000 miles :(

Jintor

Who cares about cheevos

Finally playing Infinite. It's... alright I guess? I'm cheesing it on Medium, not sure if I value the gameplay enough to even bother moving to Hard. I just like puttering around Columbia and looking at things. And looting every single trash can possible at all moments.

Waiting for this insane narrative dealy to kick in.

Kritz

Banned
Infinite, like most things, isn't quite as good as the people who say it's great, and isn't quite as bad as the people who say otherwise.

I enjoyed it. I clearly missed a sentence in the ending that made the entire ending incredibly confusing. I got really bored of the combat around the 10th hour. I am glad that game let me hipfire accurately even though it made combat ridiculously easy like most games that don't balance around a keyboard and mouse.

Antichamber is still my GOTY. But I can understand why, in 2013 of all years of video game releases, someone might say Bioshock has been the best so far.

Jintor

I really enjoyed the hour or so of puttering around when my computer could handle a custom graphical thingy, but once I started needing to shoot things I had to drop to medium settings :T

Shaneus

Infinite, like most things, isn't quite as good as the people who say it's great, and isn't quite as bad as the people who say otherwise.

I enjoyed it. I clearly missed a sentence in the ending that made the entire ending incredibly confusing. I got really bored of the combat around the 10th hour. I am glad that game let me hipfire accurately even though it made combat ridiculously easy like most games that don't balance around a keyboard and mouse.

Antichamber is still my GOTY. But I can understand why, in 2013 of all years of video game releases, someone might say Bioshock has been the best so far.
Antichamber fucked with my head too much. And I'm pretty sure I fucked myself because I teleported a blue block when I shouldn't have and I haven't played it since (that was around a month ago). I loved it, but haven't gone back to it yet.

Jintor

Antichamber was a huge mental workout.

I'm glad I played it through before I listen to the last bombcast where Jeff spoiled a mechanic without warning. Yeah, yeah, it's been three months, it still blows, Antichamber had a lot of moments of realisation I really valued. Still kinda confusing though.

Kritz

Banned
The moment where I worked out the thing that Jeff spoiled, in a completely unrelated puzzle, and just went OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, SHIT. OH. SHIT. over and over again is perhaps one of my fondest gaming memories I think I'll ever have.

It was the exact turning point in that game where you go from being absolutely baffled to having an iron fist's understanding of the world you're in.

Shaneus

Antichamber was a huge mental workout.

I'm glad I played it through before I listen to the last bombcast where Jeff spoiled a mechanic without warning. Yeah, yeah, it's been three months, it still blows, Antichamber had a lot of moments of realisation I really valued. Still kinda confusing though.
Some might say you got your just reward for listening to something that wasn't Idle Thumbs.

I might one of those people.

please don't spoil it for me

PS. GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS JASE: Dyad on PC tomorrow! Only seems to be on GOG (no steam4u), 10% off if you buy it before it's released. Fez is on there too for the same discount, but that CAN be had on Steam.

Dyad would be best on Vita! Also it will be on Steam. With cheevos.
Also Fez is worth $4. Maybe. If you haven't played retro styled platformers. And you don't want a platformer. It is pretty relaxing though.

That moment when you realise that nobody is going to take the time to read the huge rant you wrote as a reply to something flippant and throwaway. It took you an hour.

:-/

Link it here! I'll read it!

Shaneus

Dyad would be best on Vita!
Also Fez is worth $4. Maybe. If you haven't played retro styled platformers. And you don't want a platformer. It is pretty relaxing though.
Sounds like it might be sale fodder. Dyad I'm pretty pumped for, though. And because the dev seems like an American version of Minter:
nMFmoV5.png

PS. You actually save 20% by preordering on GOG. No preorder on Steam.

PPS. Link it up, VKS! But one question: You weren't dumb enough to think that a well-thought out reply on GAF would actually get the responses it deserved, would you? The only place that happens is AusGAF (and to a lesser extent perhaps, the Idle Thumbs thread).

Dead Man

That moment when you realise that nobody is going to take the time to read the huge rant you wrote as a reply to something flippant and throwaway. It took you an hour.

:-/

But Saul of Tarsus was a jerk. You have also assumed there would be no other civilising influence on Europe. Saul did not start any civil movement of greater freedoms and rights, other than religious. You say Mediterranean culture would still be classical and fucked compared to modern democratic culture, but Christianity at the time after Saul was still very different to what we have now.

Yes, I could have posted that in the thread, but you went all Holy :)

Shaneus

Trivia: Shawn also called out Indie Game The Movie about the dude who helped out on Dyad, who was the 'jilted developer' of Phil Fish of Fez fame.
On that note, did you see this?
BIhdhJWCMAAq6vu.png:large

PS. Just reading that article and the tweet in context (took me a bit to get my head around it) I like the dude even more. Very much Minter 2.0.

It's why I don't put effort into my posts much anymore. And why I stick almost exclusively in AusGAF.
You should try mucking around with cods' GAF trash script. So much time saved (yet the majority of threads that are brought to my attention even after passing through his filter are actually relevant).

Jintor

Given that people were praising Infinite to the heavens I thought it would handle its supremely telegraphed plot developments with more grace. Nope. Well, hopefully it has a shocking swerve or something that will knock my block off.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
High expectations will always lead to less impact and enjoyment.
I kind of disagree with this to a extent. Having "high personal expectations" for anything like say MGS4.. has ALWAYS increased my enjoyment and impact.. it's only when I critically analyze it afterwards that the impact starts to lose it's luster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom