• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
my scooby doo fanfiction involves the gang hunting down the guy who made the gametrailers video review for STALKER and ripping their head off

I think that's how most scooby doo episodes ended

Shaneus

racist, scooby was asian.
I think you have your Asians and your cartoon dogs mixed up, tiger.

I want to post this in the Boston thread or the latest gun control thread, since I think there is good discussion to be had, but I think it will anger a lot of people too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/21/boston-marathon-bombs-us-gun-law

I think I'm going to chicken out. :(
You know the only thing it will incite is overly-aggressive defensiveness and not actual discussion. I wouldn't waste your time or effort.

Dead Man

You know the only thing it will incite is overly-aggressive defensiveness and not actual discussion. I wouldn't waste your time or effort.

Yeah. Stupid eggshells.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-22/epidemic-illustrates-dangers-of-not-vaccinating/4644938

An epidemic of measles in Wales has been blamed on an anti-vaccination campaign a decade ago which scared parents away from the combined measles and whopping cough vaccination called MMR.

Can we start to prosecute these anti vaccine wankers yet?

Kritz

Banned
Why do I read the gun threads on this forum

I thought the argument was that you can't regulate guns because they're obtained illegally

Yet theres a thread in OT where a shooter used guns he had a permit for to kill five people. And now you can't regulate that since he got them legally? Because shotguns shouldn't be regulated? I don't know.

I might have to shoot someone if I see people blaming the 'mentally ill' for gun violence.

Fusebox

Banned
Just did C25K week 3 day 1 and it was the worst one I've done so far. It was also the only one I've ever tried during the day which might have something to do with it, I usually do it around 6:30PM.

Started off and straight away my legs felt like lead. Got the 'you are halfway' message about 3 blocks earlier than usual, and at one point on the way back I had to start walking about 30 second before the app told me to.

Might be because I ate a big spinach and ricotto pastie about 2 hours ago whereas I've usually eaten about 5 hours before I run. Either way I was fucked today.

edit: Hey look at me I did some research http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/health/03real.html?_r=0

In various studies, scientists have found that subjects tend to do slightly better on measures of physical performance — including endurance, strength output, reaction time and aerobic capacity — between 4 and 7 p.m.

Shaneus

Put a little bounce in your Vita with DoA5+ for $18.88 plus postage from Big W online.

Never mind, out of stock. Should've done an order first :\

Though Ulala's Swingin' Racing feat. Danica Patrick is still available.
No it's not :/

Wonder if it'd be worth me getting anyway it seeing as I already have it on PC? I'm hanging for some portable(ish) Outrun-style racing and 2048 is just a little too intense at times.

Ah crap, they had Monkeyball on there as well, but... out of stock. I think it was supposed to be a crap port anyway and I'd rather have a Katamari Vita game any day of the week. Rayman Origins is there too, but I also have that on PC (and stopped playing because of some horrible v-sync issue only I seemed to have).

Brain dump over.

What I dislike about indiegogo is that the creators keep any money pledged, regardless of if the project is successful.

Here, have some free money.
I don't think that's in every case, but it's the default "setting" for when creating one I believe.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm still waiting for a sale on NFS for Vita, never seen it under $40 yet.

DOA5+ for $19 was a crazy bargain, that's a really fun and polished fighter.

Soul Calibre 5 SUPER COLLECT EDITION on PS3 for $15 posted

•Special Book-Style Display Box
•Soul Calibur V Game
•Hardcover Artbook
•Soundtrack CD
•‘Making of’ Blu-ray (PS3 only, 360 includes DVD)
•1 DLC card including 2 sets of armors for the customization parts
•Signed art from the team
•Parchment letter with greetings from the Dev team.

Free shipping for orders over $30 from Chemist Warehouse
LG Blu Ray Player for $50 at Dick Smith pickup

But I finish work at 4pm and my son goes to bed at 7pm so I would never get to see him

:(

Fusebox

Banned
I haven't played SC since the DC and it was bad-ass back then. I also don't have any probs playing games with the dual-shock so your opinion may vary.

legend166

So turns out I've got an interview for that job. 9am on Friday. Still a bit conflicted but the more I think of it the more I'd want to go for it.

So turns out I've got an interview for that job. 9am on Friday. Still a bit conflicted but the more I think of it the more I'd want to go for it.
Won't hurt to go to the interview even if you're on the fence. Even if you fudge the interview or knock them back, you'll get more experience and potentially meet some people you may come across again. Remember you're interviewing them for a good fit, too.

Fredescu

Long commutes suck but this is the best point in your life to sacrifice a little free time to advance your career. Once you're a family man you'll want to pull that free time back, and with experience under your belt doing the job you actually want to do, you'll find it easier to find something you want to do closer to home.

Shaneus

The fuck? Stealing Fusebox's job?

Dick move there, son.

I continually forget this project despite it looking amazeballs every time it does the rounds.
Just signed up for the beta. Don't know anything about it other than the descriptions on their page, but it does sound rad as shit.

Fusebox

Banned
That's EEO working against me, they probably have a minimum quota of special needs employees they need to meet. The jobs all yours legend!

legend166

Fred, it's not so much the travel aspect. It would take me about an hour I think, which isn't too bad. And if/when I'm a family man, I'll be most likely be living a lot closer.

x3n, the job is application support for a supermarket chain. That's what I'm more conflicted about (the application support part). It's a big difference compared to what I've been doing (networking). I'll need to ask them what type of career progression they could offer.

I mean, I enjoy networking, but it's not a passion. And I've always wondered if I could be bothered with the odd hours and weekend work that would come with being a network engineer. So a pivot of some sort might not be a bad idea. And if I can get myself right in the middle of the salary range they're advertising, the pay is really good.

Anyway, this is all premature since I haven't been offered the job yet/

Fredescu

The sequel to Omi's post:

009986-west-perth.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...board-vandalised/story-fnhocxo3-1226627015777

Gazunta

Protestors defacing that sign like that just pisses me off.

They went to the trouble of whiting out the numbers but not blacking out the text at the bottom?

Yellow writing on blue background that extends out of the frame, ugh Jesus Chris what is this bush week?

Omikron

They went to the trouble of whiting out the numbers but not blacking out the text at the bottom?

Yellow writing on blue background that extends out of the frame, ugh Jesus Chris what is this bush week?

I suspect 2 poorly coordinated groups.

Fredescu

True, they should have done this:

DQnuviv.gif

senahorse

Fred, it's not so much the travel aspect. It would take me about an hour I think, which isn't too bad. And if/when I'm a family man, I'll be most likely be living a lot closer.

x3n, the job is application support for a supermarket chain. That's what I'm more conflicted about (the application support part). It's a big difference compared to what I've been doing (networking). I'll need to ask them what type of career progression they could offer.

I mean, I enjoy networking, but it's not a passion. And I've always wondered if I could be bothered with the odd hours and weekend work that would come with being a network engineer. So a pivot of some sort might not be a bad idea. And if I can get myself right in the middle of the salary range they're advertising, the pay is really good.

Anyway, this is all premature since I haven't been offered the job yet/

At the very least it's worth checking out, of course don't just do it for the money, if the job sounds interesting to you go for it. And, good luck :)

Gazunta

Legend, even the worst job I ever had ended up giving me really useful experience to use in the next job, and yeah as people have said it's also about you seeing if it's a good job for you. So hey what's the worst that could happen?

Omikron

Huh, something interesting from the A-League grandfinal on the weekend is that NSW Police have broken down the number of offences that occurred. Which I have never ever seen before.

Police from Central, North West Metropolitan and Northern Regions, the Public Order and Riot Squad (PORS), Operations Support Group (OSG), Mounted Police Unit, Dog Unit, Police Transport Command, PolAir, Licensing Police and Traffic and Highway Patrol Command all assisted during the operation.

During the operation police took action against 21 people for varying alleged offences including:

• 6 x Offensive conduct/language
• 1 x Assault police (spat at police - CIN issued)
• 3 x Detected in possession of flares
• 2 x Person enter field of play
• 1 x Assault
• 4 x Intoxicated person
• 1 x Malicious damage
• 1 x Throw object (drink)
• 1 x Fail to comply (smoking)
• 1 x Person attempt to enter stadium (FFA Banned Person)

Two smoke bombs and 14 flare ignitions occurred during the event.

A number of seats were damaged by spectators during the match. Police are in possession of CCTV footage from the ground and will review it to identify those involved.

A god damn riot I reckon.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/m...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI5ODUzLmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

legend166

Omi I know you're all about "the media is beating up the bad soccer crowds but never saying anything about Aussie Rules crowds", but smoke bombs and flares going off is pretty sketchy.

Omikron

Omi I know you're all about "the media is beating up the bad soccer crowds but never saying anything about Aussie Rules crowds", but smoke bombs and flares going off is pretty sketchy.

I tend to agree re flares, that said, I never felt 'in danger' from them. Just unnecessary really.

Flares can fuck you up real quick. We see some action with boat flares down this way on the coast. Do more damage than a broken bottle I tell you right now.

Not much in that list which is nice to see, aside from the flares. A cop got spat at and one person was a fuckstick and assaulted someone in some fashion. Expected worse. Would be nice to see that reduced to zero at all events though of course.

Omikron

Flares can fuck you up real quick. We see some action with boat flares down this way on the coast. Do more damage than a broken bottle I tell you right now.

Not much in that list which is nice to see, aside from the flares. A cop got spat at and one person was a fuckstick and assaulted someone in some fashion. Expected worse. Would be nice to see that reduced to zero at all events though of course.

Yeah clearly. No one wants dickheads at any event. I just get miffed at the media obsession and bias in reporting.

I mean, this is how Channel 9 reported the game.

wander.png

Meanwhile, in the Tonga v Samoa game on on the same weekend, there was this...

Beaten by Samoa in their past two encounters, Tonga scored seven tries to one in front of a very vocal and enthusiastic crowd of 10,143.

Some did get a bit carried away, with a few invading the pitch after Tonga's sixth try, but dozens ran onto the field after their seventh less than two minutes before the end.

Referee Matt Cecchin headed down the tunnel with time still left on the clock and the final conversion attempt was never taken as the clock ran down and play did not restart.
The final scenes took some gloss off an entertaining clash in which winger Mahe Fonua, centre Siuatonga Likiliki and five-eighth Samsoni Langi each scored two tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom