• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. On the story presented so far, to me, council fucked up. You either destroy a dangerous dog or if it is not dangerous you give it back and bill the owners like any other thing. Not this halfway shit.

Jacqueline Hartwell, of Ayr, said her two children were heartbroken at the loss of their pet and she now owed more than $1700 she had borrowed to release bull arab Macey from death row.

She said her children had been excited when they thought they could take their dog home after three months in the pound; instead, they went home in tears on April 3.

Burdekin Shire Council chief executive Ken Holt said he had no regrets about destroying the "dangerous dog" that had been involved in killing a neighbour's chihuahua.

She went to Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, which said she could get Macey back if she paid $1934 by 4pm on April 2.

I won't make a comment about it being QLD. Even though that's a comment >_<

How the hell do you owe the council nearly 2 grand?

Also how the hell do you have a dog in the pound for 3 fucking months?

It killed a chihuahua? Isn't that instant grounds for dismissal? It has the taste now, only a matter of time before it sees a baby and thinks those tasty chihuahuas have started shaving for next summer.

Deeku

Man I had like a month to study for a regulatory type exam deal and I leave it till 2 days before...it's not hard and is all bs but still, some things will never change:/ I really dread needing to do serious no joke study for post grad/ professional credential type stuff in the probably not too distant future:(

also it's not raining on the weekend for a change here so imma go out and buy some games lol!

Dead Man

I won't make a comment about it being QLD. Even though that's a comment >_<

How the hell do you owe the council nearly 2 grand?

Also how the hell do you have a dog in the pound for 3 fucking months?

It killed a chihuahua? Isn't that instant grounds for dismissal? It has the taste now, only a matter of time before it sees a baby and thinks those tasty chihuahuas have started shaving for next summer.

You have it there three months becuase the council are morons. If it was dangerous, it should have been destroyed immediatley. The council fucked up. Yes, the family may have too, but as you say, you don't hold a dangerous dog. You destroy it.

Either the dog was dangerous so it needed to be destroyed, or it wasn't so it shouldn't have been. Either way, the coucil fucked up.

You have it there three months becuase the council are morons. If it was dangerous, it should have been destroyed immediatley. The council fucked up. Yes, the family may have too, but as you say, you don't hold a dangerous dog. You destroy it.

Either the dog was dangerous so it needed to be destroyed, or it wasn't so it shouldn't have been. Either way, the coucil fucked up.

Did she have to pay the money to get the dog released? It seems like it wasn't going to be put down, but she couldn't pay to get it released in time and they couldn't keep holding the dog. Putting it down when it seemed like she'd come up with the money was kind of shitty. In the end they just increased the heartache for the family. It really should have just been put down though. You can't let animals loose in the neighbourhood if they're eating other people's pets.

Dead Man

Did she have to pay the money to get the dog released? It seems like it wasn't going to be put down, but she couldn't pay to get it released in time and they couldn't keep holding the dog. Putting it down when it seemed like she'd come up with the money was kind of shitty. In the end they just increased the heartache for the family. It really should have just been put down though. You can't let animals loose in the neighbourhood if they're eating other people's pets.

You still don't hgold the dog until they can pay, that just means the bills keep adding up and they will never be able to pay. A dog is not collateral against non payment. If the dog was assessed as not needing to be destroyed, you release the dog back to family and bill them the relevant costs. Just like anything else.

I'm not upset if a dangerous dog was destroyed, I am pissed off with the ineptitude of the council. I cannot see a situation where they didn't screw up somehow here. Either they were going to release a dangerous dog for money, or they used a dog as collateral and then killed it.

Edit: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-27/all-aged-stakes/4654466

Singleton says he did not want More Joyous to run today because of an injury, and told Channel Seven that Waterhouse had passed information of the injury onto her bookmaker son Tom.

"When her own son is a bookmaker saying [More Joyous has] got problems I didn't know about, well you have to ask the racing officials, you have to ask Gai, you have to ask Tommy," he said

Dodgy bloody family.

Omikron

Blah, trying to solve a UI design issue in a fairly unfamiliar language to me is hard. I am not a UI designer in the slightest and this just makes it worse. :lol

Wonder if I should just whack a checkbox in the html table and be done with it for now.

edit: awesome, typing that out gave me a much fucking better idea, thanks all.

Dead Man

Blah, trying to solve a UI design issue in a fairly unfamiliar language to me is hard. I am not a UI designer in the slightest and this just makes it worse. :lol

Wonder if I should just whack a checkbox in the html table and be done with it for now.

edit: awesome, typing that out gave me a much fucking better idea, thanks all.

Glad we could help :)

TT2oX.png

Target are having a clearance sale (or at least they have been since last weekend)

Nintendo stuff!
Picked up Kid Icarus finally! Most expensive 3DS game I've bought >.<

Kid stuff!
Gameboy type MobiGo is $19. No games at our store though. It actually slides out like a PSPGo which is pretty sweet. We already have a Leapster Explorer though so didn't pull the trigger.

All the Storio games were $4-9 though which was sweet since some Targets have the Storio for $19 as well, I already picked a Cars one up from Dick Smith on Friday for $30 so it was perfect timing!

Kinect stuff!
Sesame Street TV Kinect (Season One) for $9.83
Dance Central for $9.83
Pictonary uDraw for $9.83 (little guy will love the shit out of it!)
Zumba 1 for $11.83 (We gotta get in shape yo)

Oh also Transformers Fall of Cybertron was $15. Will wait for $8 Games on Demand sale though >.>

Definitely check out your local store to see what they have on offer.

Shaneus

Target are having a clearance sale (or at least they have been since last weekend)

Nintendo stuff!

Picked up Kid Icarus finally! Most expensive 3DS game I've bought >.<

Kid stuff!

Gameboy type MobiGo is $19. No games at our store though. It actually slides out like a PSPGo which is pretty sweet. We already have a Leapster Explorer though so didn't pull the trigger.

All the Storio games were $4-9 though which was sweet since some Targets have the Storio for $19 as well, I already picked a Cars one up from Dick Smith on Friday for $30 so it was perfect timing!

Kinect stuff!

Sesame Street TV Kinect (Season One) for $9.83
Dance Central for $9.83
Pictonary uDraw for $9.83 (little guy will love the shit out of it!)
Zumba 1 for $11.83 (We gotta get in shape yo)

Oh also Transformers Fall of Cybertron was $15. Will wait for $8 Games on Demand sale though >.>

Definitely check out your local store to see what they have on offer.

Blargh bargainsshhh blaarrghgghhh yargh.

I got your back, cuz!

Jintor

tumblr_mlfs6x0JG21qacu3eo1_500.jpg

AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND - The worst fears of conservatives have come to fruition after New Zealand’s approval of gay marriage suddenly and unexpectedly resulted in polygamy, bestiality and inter-species marriage.

“We were warned about the slippery slope but just didn’t believe it,” lamented New Zealand’s president Peter Jackson. “If only we had listened to conservative christians, my daughter would not now be married to two horses and a rooster. Truly the fabric of civilization is unraveling before our very eyes!”

Reports of nearly 500 human to fish weddings such as the one pictured above are flooding in, with the number expected to increase. Richard Dawkins went online with apologetic words as he reported that due to spawning methods, Fish-People will soon outnumber humans in the region by 30 to 1, taking our jobs and eventually learning to feast upon the flesh of man until our species is no more and the Fish-People rule the Earth. Attempts to overturn the destructive gay marriage law have been unsuccessful as the law was sealed into place with a magic Maori love song.

“We fucking told you,” said Pope Francis, “We god damn fucking told you this would happen”.

Dead Man

LOL

In funny but real news:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/antirainbow-warrior-requests-people-stop-this-nonsense-20130427-2il74.html
Gay and lesbian equality supporters can ''get naked and walk backward up Hunter Street if they want to'', according to Newcastle lord mayor Jeff McCloy.

Just don't chalk pretty rainbows on council property.

As a Facebook campaign against Cr McCloy gathered strength yesterday, and chalk rainbows rained down on the Hunter, the city's leading anti-rainbow warrior said protesters ''should send me a big cheque''.

''I've made an insignificant protest into a big one just because I want to keep the city clean,'' Cr McCloy said.

His request to protesters to ''stop this nonsense'' as they chalked a rainbow outside City Hall on Wednesday made Newcastle a major focus of the DIY Rainbow Crossings movement's Facebook page, for the wrong reasons.

The movement started after a rainbow crossing in Sydney's Oxford Street was removed by the council.

Cr McCloy was unrepentant, and said if a chalked rainbow appeared outside City Hall again, ''we'd clean it off'''.

''There are a lot of important things to talk about rather than being caught up in this rubbish,'' he said.

He had ''very good friends who are in gay relationships'', but people should ''have some civic responsibility''.

The council argued the rainbow was removed because it did not support ''graffiti of a public place''.

But a complaint to the council has questioned whether chalk is graffiti under the Graffiti Control Act. It defines graffiti as a mark ''not readily removable by wiping or by use of water''.

Lake Macquarie mayor Jodie Harrison said her council would not remove chalk art on council property unless it was offensive, somehow unsafe, or advertised a business.

''As a child I used to play hopscotch on the footpath, marked out in coloured chalk. What's the difference between a rainbow and a game of hopscotch in coloured chalk?'' Cr Harrison said.

Cr McCloy said Cr Harrison should ''look after her own backyard''.

''I can arrange for her council chamber to be chalked with half a ton of chalk if she wants,'' he said.

He also advised Cessnock Councillor Cordelia Burcham to ‘‘stick to your own business because Cessnock’s in a bloody mess’’.

Cr Burcham had quipped that the chalked rainbows on the street were ‘‘a feel-good story, Jeff’’.

Sounds like a real classy guy lol

Tomb Raider is $20 on GMG this weekend with a 20% off voucher (found on their blog). I think Hitman Absolution is $7.50 too, not 100% sure if on GMG or elsewhere...

CBF linking, you guys know how to find this stuff.

Played (all the way through, in one session with a little break) Botanicula today. A really charming, nice game. Took around four hours from start to finish.

**NSFW** **NSFW** **NSFW** **NSFW**
Okay, seriously NSFW (just so you know), but I have no idea WTF is going on at this link. You all should totally have a look though:
Naked women posing with fish (and some fishing paraphernalia, but mostly just fish)

I was curious about that picture and the woman with the fish, thinking I could find the original article. Hoo boy, did I get a surprise.

hahaha. That one with the fish with insane teeth next to the boob.

Just saying there is a reason it cost $30 more.

Jintor

Okay, seriously NSFW (just so you know), but I have no idea WTF is going on at this link. You all should totally have a look though:
Naked women posing with fish (and some fishing paraphernalia, but mostly just fish)

I was curious about that picture and the woman with the fish, thinking I could find the original article. Hoo boy, did I get a surprise.

I still recall learning about the vast and infinite nature of the internet in, oh, grade eight or nine when one of my friends walked into the computer labs and sat next to me, not meeting my eyes. I asked him what was up.

"There's websites about man-dolphin relationships on the internet," he said, still looking down. "Don't ask me how I know this. But trust me on this. There are websites about man-dolphin relationships on the internet."

I took him at his word.

Tomb Raider is $20 on GMG this weekend with a 20% off voucher (found on their blog). I think Hitman Absolution is $7.50 too, not 100% sure if on GMG or elsewhere...

Played (all the way through, in one session with a little break) Botanicula today. A really charming, nice game. Took around four hours from start to finish.

Pretty sure they fixed the Tomb Raider thing pretty quickly as when I tried it didn't stack with the voucher, OzBargain says the same.
EDIT: Actually no I was doing it wrong (fucking spaces), here is the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA and here is the link!

Absolution has been that price a bunch of times, was $5 on Gamersgate for a brief moment before they fixed it :(

The Tomb Raider thing is intentional, not a mistake. The problem was that the site blew up from demand.

Thanks for linking. Phone makes for lazy.

Shaneus

That seems cheap.

Just back from the supermarket with a shitload of ingredients for chilli, which I gathered whilst re-reading your post at the supermarket :/ .5kg lean, .5kg regular beef, 400g red beans, garlic flakes, cayenne powder, cummin powder, paprika (Hungarian style!) but completely forgot onions. Also, it kinda seems weird that there's no actual chilli in there at all... should there be?

Oh, brown sugar as well, because I didn't have any of that. Even though I know I'd only need *maybe* a teaspoon or two of it, the smallest was 500g :/

BTW Don't tomatoes go in chilli? I had a feeling Mum might've made it with them, but I'm pretty sure she made chilli out of a packet.

Edit: This recipe (first one on Google) has basically the same things you had, but mentions various vessels for delivering tomato into the mix.

The cayenne powder is the chili (it's ground cayenne chilies). If you have some actual chilies chuck them in anyway. Onions are a personal thing, no big deal. I included a teaspoon of garlic since we have a jar of minced but don't even know if it made a difference.

In regards to adding the spices (and sugar, if you decide to add it), just add a little at a time, stir in and taste, and give 15-30 minutes before adding more. Supposedly cumin is best not being cooked for too long, haven't noticed myself.

The amounts of everything looks about right. Drain and rinse the beans, add them about 15-30 minutes before you finish cooking. Tinned beans don't need to be cooked for long (always have some in case I forget).

I may have forgotten to mention I added a jar of passata (600g I think?) and two tins of crushed tomatoes. Tomatoes aren't traditional but most like them and most recipes include them. A tin or two of crushed or a jar of passata (depends if you wanted chunks of tomato or not) would be enough.

Just remember that with chili (and most stew type dishes) you don't have to be exacting, so as long as it's edible you've succeeded.

Crushed tomatoes in chili is the bomb.

And yeah, spice as you go depending on taste. Can't wait for a weekend when the son is away and I can make a super hot chili.

Shaneus

Get something like this and you can make it weak and adjust each bowl:
http://www.elyucateco.com/english/products/sauces/red-habanero.html

Always have a few different hot sauces in the cupboard (two or three from El Yucateca above, Cholula, Tapatio, Louisiana, and maybe some Nandos stuff, oh and sriracha!). I don't bother with Dave's Insanity stuff, it's so hot I don't enjoy it.
You're a legend. I should buy some sriracha as well! It's been praised so damn much on The Oatmeal, it'd be a crime to NOT get it. Is it a supermarket thing or an exotic thing?

Thanks a heap for the tips :) Am excite. And you're right about quantities as well... I guess if you have enough in the pantry so you can add more, you can never really fuck it up.

FOOTBALL SPOILER

I FUCKIN LOVE FOOTBALL!
Holy shit, Port
w
o
n?

Some Asian supermarkets sell sriracha. Either in the Thai or hot sauce sections. I bought it from USA Foods for I don't even know how much and two weeks later saw it at a local Asian place for six bucks.

Both are the rooster one that everyone seems to like. http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

Most hot sauce is awesome on eggs (especially scrambled, but all are good), sriracha is no different.

Dead Man

Surprisingly not, but I'm finding that a lot this year. Then I googled the article and found it available elsewhere for free. Weird. What am I paying you for UQ?! :mad:

I ran into that a lot at Flinders, for you to still run into it 10 years later is a bit shit. I would think that electronic journal access should be one of the first things paid for by unis.

Hey, I like it! It's a proper reboot into 2009 cinema.

No more stupid shit than the original movies at least.

The "post" effects are fucking annoying though. Also less tilt please. That shit was irritating in Thor too (which also had Old Man Kirk!).

Dead Man

Hey, I like it! It's a proper reboot into 2009 cinema.

No more stupid shit than the original movies at least.

The "post" effects are fucking annoying though. Also less tilt please. That shit was irritating in Thor too (which also had Old Man Kirk!).

The performances in it are good, the effects are great (lens flare aside), but the plot overall is weak and relies on too many coincidences, and my ex military brain can't get over the stupidity of how Starfleets chain of command appears to work. Oh, and that damn skydiving scene is ruined by how they attack the platform after. Grrr. It is so close to being a fine film, but every time I watch it I get angry LOL

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So deaf, tired, hungry but damn was the concert good.

Now to find food soon then go hone.don't think I can leave till 9, no reception.

Abbot riding from Adelaide to geelong, good bloke that one. Might have to vote now.

The performances in it are good, the effects are great (lens flare aside), but the plot overall is weak and relies on too many coincidences, and my ex military brain can't get over the stupidity of how Starfleets chain of command appears to work. Oh, and that damn skydiving scene is ruined by how they attack the platform after. Grrr. It is so close to being a fine film, but every time I watch it I get angry LOL

Have you seen Battleship?

Oh yes the plot and details are stupid, that is a hallmark of the series though. The human qualities are what made all the movies enjoyable.

It had the benefit of being an origin story so I'm a little worried about Star Trek 2 Darkness

Omikron

So deaf, tired, hungry but damn was the concert good.

Now to find food soon then go hone.don't think I can leave till 9, no reception.

Abbot riding from Adelaide to geelong, good bloke that one. Might have to vote now.
I can't unsee that photo of Abbott in his riding kit. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom