• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

That sucks dude. Care to share what happened?

I just woke up from a dream where I was on a trip for work or something and an ex tracked me down at the hotel and tried to hook up with me. I refused and she sent me naked pics in the mail and a letter asking me to participate in a threesome, which caused all sorts of problems with my wife.

And I was like "I didn't do anything wrong!" But she didn't believe me.

It's like the premise of a Jason Segel movie.

Oh.

My dream was significantly worse. I don't recall the specifics but it was very much in nightmare territory, except I was the monster.

whatatweest.jpg

At first I read the sentence as "I don't recall the species" and started to get really interested in the rest of the reply. Then I realised my mistake and decided to not finish reading it.

Danoss

Whoever was grateful they escaped yesterday without seeing any spiders won't be so lucky today. You can skip past these images if you really want, but it's super cute and I don't know why you'd want to miss out on that.

This morning shortly after waking up, I thought I'd go out into the yard and see what bugs were around. My macro setup was disassembled and I couldn't be bothered setting it up again, so I went without it. Rookie mistake.

When I got out there, I saw some crazy looking fly with bright red eyes that I'd never seen before, it was pretty chill, so I could have easily photographed it if I'd brought my gear. I saw some ladybugs in the same place as last time, though there were quite a few more this time. I saw some other tiny things which I had no idea what they were, but they weren't terribly interesting. Then I saw it, I'd been waiting years to actually see one of them in the flesh, let alone be able to photograph one. I slowly backed away so I didn't scare it and then piss-bolted into the house and assembled my macro kit and ran back out.

By the time I returned, I couldn't see it anywhere. I was disappointed to say the least. I looked around to make sure I hadn't missed it and it was nowhere to be seen. I stuck around and looked for some other things to photograph and while there were some, I missed my chances as they were only sticking around momentarily, not even sticking around long enough for me to focus on them.

I kept checking back where that missed opportunity was, and luckily I did because there it was. I wasted no time and just fired off a couple of shots in case I lost it again. It took some time for it to get in position for a nice looking photograph and it was worth it.

Hello jumping spider, at last we meet!

6OWD61p.jpg

Soon....

hUkTx5D.jpg

No idea for a caption.

iLLCmNZ.jpg

About to jump...

Xirf9tK.jpg

Just hanging around.

JxeYt1G.jpg

Step back from the ledge!

It looks like the jpeg compression has crushed some of the blacks. Easy fixed, but not worth it for a forum post. The cuteness should distract you from this anyway, but accept my apologies.

I spent close to an hour just watching it move about, waiting for the right moments to capture. Even if I wasn't photographing, it was fascinating to watch. When you have them in frame and they jump, it can give you a bit of a fright because it happens so quickly, there's no warning and it happens in an instant. At one point I saw it bungee off a leaf with its silk to get to a different spot it want to get too without jumping.

A lot of the time it would wave its pedipalps up and down, which I believe is a mimic of some kind as that's how a lot of them catch prey; they're very clever.

After the high of seeing and photographing this awesome critter, I went inside to sort through the 136 images. That's when I received the phone call with the bad news, which made it even more devastating. That crash from up high is brutal when you come tumbling down.

Anyway, I'm sorry if my posting of images is getting tiresome. Let me know and I'll stop, though I doubt I'll have more until I can get out somewhere again; it'll be hard to top a jumping spider in my backyard.

I actually just dropped one of my uni subjects a couple of days ago to try and narrow my focus onto just three subjects, as well as give me some extra time to get my life back on track. It may sound stupid, but it was either that or failing a subject, which would be much worse. I'm gonna have to take five subjects in a semester next year, but hopefully by then I'll be right.
I dropped out of uni entirely and things have turned out okay! Most important thing is to hold yourself together and keep moving forward, do the best you can.

But we can have a free markot, right? All the Americans keep telling me that is the solutions to all of the worlds woes.
LiWcf.gif

Looking for the cheapest Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem 3ds. OzGameshop?
WOW HD have LM2 for $41.50 and FE for $45.50, $2 postage or if you buy them together it is free as they waive postage for orders over $60.

Never up to date enough for my liking.

After spending the past few hours in utter distress, I'll be going back to the GP for yet another referral to a psychiatrist. Originally she was going to send me to Westmead Mental Health, which is much cheaper and more accommodating to someone on a pension, like me. I mentioned this doctor in particular because my friend recommended me, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire now; who the fuck does that to someone? Anyway, I hope I don't have to wait too long to see someone in Westmead, I fear that being the public option the outlook might not be too bright.
At least it is still moving forward which is a good sign, don't let it bog you down! Keep fighting until they get someone for you. Public service queues shouldn't be too bad.

markot

Banned
I dropped out of uni entirely and things have turned out okay! Most important thing is to hold yourself together and keep moving forward, do the best you can.

LiWcf.gif

WOW HD have LM2 for $41.50 and FE for $45.50, $2 postage or if you buy them together it is free as they waive postage for orders over $60.

Never up to date enough for my liking.

At least it is still moving forward which is a good sign, don't let it bog you down! Keep fighting until they get someone for you. Public service queues shouldn't be too bad.
hahahaha

Most Wanted on PS3 for $29 posted from Play Asia
Ghost Trick on DS for $19 posted from Play Asia

If you own a DS or 3DS fucking buy Ghost Trick.

6OWD61p.jpg

Soon.....
Holy shit that is perfect lol
Qwkp5.gif

The resemblance is uncanny!

You know, this stuff is cool but it always gets regurgitated in the most fucking annoying way possible by those talentless fucks Fitzy & Wippa from Nova FM (which is picked up by the local clubshit radio station that everyone listens to). Any time something pops up on Reddit they take the material. Don't even bother to say where it is from, they just run with it as if they just thought it up themselves that day.

Fuck I hate popular radio. I get it alright. People like to drink at the club, stare at bitches and live life on the edge. Or write songs about their failed relationships over and over again. You know what the definition of insanity is Ms. Swift? You fucking do.

This is one very well-written and inspiring announcement, even if you care nothing for the sport.
Big moment for professional sports in the US, even if he is a bit player these days.

Also HOW BOUT DEM SPURS HEY?

Great all round team game by the boys to close it out in all seriousness

Argldfjdgkddlkgcf I am so SO overloaded with uni and work (I'm doing two jobs right now, I have no idea how I ever thought that was a good idea) and my Korean teacher just sprung a huge group presentation on us that's due in under two weeks (it wasn't written on the course outline or anything). I don't have time to write a play, let alone meet up with other people and practise it. I don't know what I'm gonna do :(

After spending the past few hours in utter distress, I'll be going back to the GP for yet another referral to a psychiatrist. Originally she was going to send me to Westmead Mental Health, which is much cheaper and more accommodating to someone on a pension, like me. I mentioned this doctor in particular because my friend recommended me, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire now; who the fuck does that to someone? Anyway, I hope I don't have to wait too long to see someone in Westmead, I fear that being the public option the outlook might not be too bright.

Now I don't have to throw $416 in some dickheads direction, I'm gonna go for another piercing tomorrow instead. Septum piercing here I come. I don't look too pretty now, I doubt that will improve any come this time tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear that Danoss :( At least you'll look cool with a septum!

Hello jumping spider, at last we meet!

Its adorable!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just do it at the last minute like I've done with all my group presentations so far. In fact today I didn't even get a chance to really rehearse my group performance apart from one attempt with the whole group, but all the notes I've written down on it are really good.:p wonder if I'll get a HD for this one like I did for my first lol.

And the snape impersonation I did on the way home was perfect!

Shaneus

The resemblance is uncanny!
That's because they're brothers!

PS. I asked you to post that gif, so I'll claim full credit for it.

PPS.
vHpA2Yb.jpg

Probably has around 30 mins more to simmer, then I think we're done. When I first tried it (before all the ingredients were in) I was worried it was going to be far too hot, but after adding everything else, it now tastes swell!

Jintor

I hate you laf

i utterly died in my first day back class this morning. Tutor was picking on me and I had zero idea what was happening. Feeling a bit better after trucking away at this assignment a bit though.

Just do it at the last minute like I've done with all my group presentations so far. In fact today I didn't even get a chance to really rehearse my group performance apart from one attempt with the whole group, but all the notes I've written down on it are really good.:p wonder if I'll get a HD for this one like I did for my first lol.

And the snape impersonation I did on the way home was perfect!

lol, its all going to be last minute. I have two 2500 word essays due the same day. I'm actually really annoyed that she didn't set a date in the course profile.

Deeku

woo public holiday tomorrow here!

will probably stay in and dig into luigis manshion or read, it's like golden week in china or something so all the chinamen have, more so than usual, invaded the streets of HK with their annoyingness and bird flu

Darklord

Banned
Thanks for the sympathy guys.

That sucks dude. Care to share what happened?

It's fairly complicated but basically this girl I met, we've been seeing each other for nearly a year. She really seemed like "the one" as cheesy as that seems. I could easily and happily see myself with her forever. She was my best friend as well as the girl I loved and really the only person I was myself around, the actual me. Last night it ended, really abruptly. Neither of us wanted it to end, but it had too. I know it sounds weird but it was a complicated situation that meant we couldn't stay together. I had this strange feeling that I was honestly going to wake up and it would all be fixed or the next day she'd be there. Especially coming off a really good couple of weeks with her and then bam. She was more than just my girlfriend. I lost a huge part of my life and just feel really alone now and don't know where to go.

Thanks for the sympathy guys.

It's fairly complicated but basically this girl I met, we've been seeing each other for nearly a year. She really seemed like "the one" as cheesy as that seems. I could easily and happily see myself with her forever. She was my best friend as well as the girl I loved and really the only person I was myself around, the actual me. Last night it ended, really abruptly. Neither of us wanted it to end, but it had too. I know it sounds weird but it was a complicated situation that meant we couldn't stay together. I had this strange feeling that I was honestly going to wake up and it would all be fixed or the next day she'd be there. Especially coming off a really good couple of weeks with her and then bam. She was more than just my girlfriend. I lost a huge part of my life and just feel really alone now and don't know where to go.
Not cheesy at all. Sometimes you get a feeling about someone like "I see myself marrying this person" and having it end while still feeling that way is hard, especially if external circumstances make it impossible or if you know, deep down, that you're not right for each other. It's the conflict between your reality and that feeling of the inevitability or rightness of your relationship that causes a lot of the pain and makes it hard to move on.

If there's no way to salvage it, luckily, we humans are resilient creatures and despite what you may be experiencing right now at this very moment, you will experience that feeling again with someone else, provided you put yourself out there.

TL;DR: I know that feel, bro. It gets better.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So I just woke up (5 am) and it appears I got 5 or so calls from two different numbers while I was asleep from 10 pm to 5 am. Weird ass shit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I just woke up (5 am) and it appears I got 5 or so calls from two different numbers while I was asleep from 10 pm to 5 am. Weird ass shit.

Maybe they were booty calls and u missed out on losing your virginity.

Better luck next time laf.

Shaneus

GTAV trailer

Trevor missions should be super fun.
"And you're plainly addicted to chaos" guy is Maurice La Marche, aka Calculon aka YOU'VE WATCHED IT, YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT. Rad.

PS. Best fucking song for that trailer ever. Queen <3 And is that a new engine or just a tweaked GTA4 engine? And... will we see it on the new consoles? If not (and PS4 doesn't have BC but Durango does) that could be a pretty big factor in what people buy.

reggie

Banned
"And you're plainly addicted to chaos" guy is Maurice La Marche, aka Calculon aka YOU'VE WATCHED IT, YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT. Rad.

PS. Best fucking song for that trailer ever. Queen <3 And is that a new engine or just a tweaked GTA4 engine? And... will we see it on the new consoles? If not (and PS4 doesn't have BC but Durango does) that could be a pretty big factor in what people buy.

No doubt its the RAGE engine still.

Omikron

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/jan-brewer-guns_n_3182436.html

PHOENIX -- Arizona cities and counties that hold community gun buyback events will have to sell the surrendered weapons instead of destroying them under a bill Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law Monday.

The bill was championed by Republicans in the GOP-controlled Legislature who argued that municipalities were skirting a 2010 law that was tightened last year and requires police to sell seized weapons to federally licensed dealers. They argued that destroying property turned over to the government is a waste of taxpayer resources.

a-mazing.

senahorse

This is just as amazing:

The Senate voted 54-46 on Wednesday afternoon to reject bipartisan legislation to expand background checks to gun shows and Internet sales, falling short of the 60-vote threshold to overcome a filibuster.

The Republicans who voted for the bill were Sens. Pat Toomey (PA), Mark Kirk (IL), Susan Collins (ME) and John McCain (AZ). Democrats who voted against it were Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Max Baucus (MT), Mark Begich (AK) and Mark Pryor (AR) — the latter three are up for reelection in 2014. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) changed his vote to no in the last minute to reserve the right to bring up the bill again.

Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom