• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Also how much is one of those things? If we can't afford the nbn i don't think Tony would be willing to support one of those.... Maybe a smaller one that suits today's kaiju threat but is mainly able to spot small boats of Brown people approaching our Western shore.

I could see Tony getting in one of those Gundam suits, I wonder if his nodding would translate to it.

"hi,
on top of the current marking that you are doing for assignment 1 which is 16 hours of marking. We would also like to assign you 34 hours of marking for assignment 2.
Are you willing to do this?"

GO AWAY UNIVERSITY I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS

jambo

"hi,
on top of the current marking that you are doing for assignment 1 which is 16 hours of marking. We would also like to assign you 34 hours of marking for assignment 2.
Are you willing to do this?"

GO AWAY UNIVERSITY I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS

I can do your moderating for you whilst you study...

>_>

No, I just have to turn it down. Although giving up ~$1400 feels bad, the reality is I have 5 assignments and a literature review over the next like, 4 weeks, in addition to implementing my thesis which needs to be done within 6-7 weeks or so, in addition to a casual job as a waiter, a casual job as a tutor for the university (includes marking for two more prac tests over the next couple of weeks), and attending lectures / studying for exams etc.

There's also GAF. I am going to fucking die.

Danoss

Just got home a little while ago with my new septum piercing. Love it. Makes your eyes water getting that sucker done too.

fvqCvfh.jpg

Yes, I know I need a haircut, that's on the cards for tomorrow or Friday. I was also much happier than I appear.

Just got home a little while ago with my new septum piercing. Love it. Makes your eyes water getting that sucker done too.

fvqCvfh.jpg

Yes, I know I need a haircut, that's on the cards for tomorrow or Friday. I was also much happier than I appear.
Looking good :D hurt that bad huh. I guess it has to go through some pretty thick skin there.

Pacific Rim isn't too far away from PAX. I suggest no one watch it till then, then everyone who's coming for PAX can watch it together at Melbourne imax?
Oooh! Let's go see something in 3D there!

No, I just have to turn it down. Although giving up ~$1400 feels bad, the reality is I have 5 assignments and a literature review over the next like, 4 weeks, in addition to implementing my thesis which needs to be done within 6-7 weeks or so, in addition to a casual job as a waiter, a casual job as a tutor for the university (includes marking for two more prac tests over the next couple of weeks), and attending lectures / studying for exams etc.

maybe be unavailable for the waiter and tutor jobs and do the 34 hours of marking?

Danoss

Looking good :D hurt that bad huh. I guess it has to go through some pretty thick skin there.

Thanks! :) It did sting but not that bad, my ears were far worse. Though with the watering eyes I didn't mean from the pain, it just makes your eyes water like pulling a nostril hair, happens to everyone.

My piercer asked what next and I said probably nipples. He said they're pretty nasty (some say the most painful piercing there is) and if both are getting done, they have two people do one nipple each to reduce the duration of the pain. The thing with two piercings of the same type in succession (like lobes and nipples) is that the second one always hurts more. No idea why, it's just a thing that happens.

maybe be unavailable for the waiter and tutor jobs and do the 34 hours of marking?

Tutoring is technically casual but actually a fixed 5hrs / week for 13 weeks. I have two regular classes and it's very bad form to suddenly drop out of doing it for three weeks.

I've been turning down the waitering stuff but I don't want to turn down too much lest they stop calling on me at all.

Ugh. Fucking exhausted after the last three days of work. Totally going to bludge Thursday and Friday. At least as much as I can.

Good show! How did it end up? Looks really great.

really enjoyable adventure games despite a lot of flaws and rough edges
Are there any games you don't enjoy despite their rough edges?

Can't wait to find out what its successor is called. The Xbox Infinity +1? Xbox Googleplex? Xbox Gazillion? Xbox Compuhyperglobalmeganet?

Aaaand GTA V get hype.

Pacific Rim isn't too far away from PAX. I suggest no one watch it till then, then everyone who's coming for PAX can watch it together at Melbourne imax?
Sounds like a plan!

I made a GIF that will help your sanity!

perfectteacherw2u3o.gif

The things I would do for $1400....

Wernstrom.

fvqCvfh.jpg

Nice beard!

Thanks! :) It did sting but not that bad, my ears were far worse. Though with the watering eyes I didn't mean from the pain, it just makes your eyes water like pulling a nostril hair, happens to everyone.

My piercer asked what next and I said probably nipples. He said they're pretty nasty (some say the most painful piercing there is) and if both are getting done, they have two people do one nipple each to reduce the duration of the pain. The thing with two piercings of the same type in succession (like lobes and nipples) is that the second one always hurts more. No idea why, it's just a thing that happens.

oooh, I didn't even think of that! That's actually kind of funny. One of my friends got her nipples done and apparently they didn't hurt that bad (especially not compared to the rook). Have you thought about getting more ear ones? I'm considering it once mine are healed and I can sleep properly on my right side again.

Danoss

Nice beard!

Thanks! Grew it myself.
Sorry.

oooh, I didn't even think of that! That's actually kind of funny. One of my friends got her nipples done and apparently they didn't hurt that bad (especially not compared to the rook). Have you thought about getting more ear ones? I'm considering it once mine are healed and I can sleep properly on my right side again.

Ah yes, a cartilage piercing, meant to be quite painful (but like most piercings, it's so brief it's almost irrelevant). When people talk about painful septum piercings, it's because the piercer hit the cartilage.

I do want some more piercings in my ear, starting with the helix. Unfortunately, my motorcycle helmet going on and off would just piss them off royally. Cartilage piercings are notoriously slow healers (6-8 months before jewellery change, 12 months to be fully healed) and are easily aggravated. A poor combination.

I remember you had some ear piercings done, which ones do you have?

markot

Banned
Piercings are dumb. But at least they're not tattoos.

It's basically giving yourself a weakspot. It's where you'd get punched if you were a boss in punch out!

Thanks! Grew it myself.
Sorry.

Ah yes, a cartilage piercing, meant to be quite painful (but like most piercings, it's so brief it's almost irrelevant). When people talk about painful septum piercings, it's because the piercer screwed up and hit the cartilage.

I do want some more piercings in my ear, starting with the helix. Unfortunately, my motorcycle helmet going on and off would just piss them off royally. Cartilage piercings are notoriously slow healers (6-8 months before jewellery change, 12 months to be fully healed) and are easily aggravated. A poor combination.

I remember you had some ear piercings done, which ones do you have?

Yeah I got a cartilage one. It was like.. 8 weeks ago and I still have to be careful not to bump it when I put a shirt on (still hurts a bit). I imagine it would be awful with a helmet on. They do look great though :p

Piercings are dumb. But at least they're not tattoos.

I dunno, tattoos aren't that bad. I'd consider getting one if I wasn't awful with pain and didn't want to work in Asia.

Danoss

Yeah I got a cartilage one. It was like.. 8 weeks ago and I still have to be careful not to bump it when I put a shirt on (still hurts a bit). I imagine it would be awful with a helmet on. They do look great though :p

Which one? Was it the rook?

I like tragus piercings, but I don't think you can use earphones with them, which sucks.

Shaneus

Good show! How did it end up? Looks really great.
Honestly could not be any happier. I started off adding what I thought was a shitload of everything (spice/flavour-wise) and at one stage thought it was WAY too hot, but I think it was just that I didn't have enough of the other flavours to taste anything other than the chili. Best thing is though, is now I don't have to go and buy most of those ingredients again, so obviously it'll be way cheaper next batch (whereas with that I had to buy basically everything).

Only problem is that it feels a little *too* acidic. Plopped some sour cream on it tonight for my first official meal of it (last night was only teaspoons of taste-testing) and I suspect that's balanced it out a little, but nowhere near enough.

Had heaps of fun making it, though. Thanks for your pointers! Managed to get a good five servings out of it (probably could be one or two more, but I only bought 5 plastic Chinese food containers) so that should last me the rest of the week (will be dropping some off to my folks tonight for them to have a crack).

Which one? Was it the rook?

I like tragus piercings, but I don't think you can use earphones with them, which sucks.

Noooo, after my friend's comments I don't think I'll ever get a rook. They look cool, but maybe not worth it. Tragus piercings kind of gross me out for some reason, but they can look really cute depending on the earring. I'd kind of like an industrial, but I've seen a lot of people who have saggy ears because of it :/ It also makes ear licks difficult, which would be a bit sad.

Right now I only have these:

My ear's all red cause I had to cover it in sticky bandage stuff for work. Taking it off is kind of awful.

Danoss

Noooo, after my friend's comments I don't think I'll ever get a rook. They look cool, but maybe not worth it. Tragus piercings kind of gross me out for some reason, but they can look really cute depending on the earring. I'd kind of like an industrial, but I've seen a lot of people who have saggy ears because of it :/ It also makes ear licks difficult, which would be a bit sad.

Right now I only have these:

My ear's all red cause I had to cover it in sticky bandage stuff for work. Taking it off is kind of awful.

That's an interesting placement for a helix piercing, most often I see them much higher. If it's that low, it's usually an antihelix/snug piercing or more commonly a conch piercing which is very cool too. Please don't take this as me knocking it, I'm just saying it's unique and I like it :) Are you thinking of running some piercings along there between it and you lobe piercings?

Obviously, whatever piercing you want next is entirely up to you, however, I think you might like the look of a forward helix piercing (or maybe more than one, they look especially rad when there's three). Industrials are awesome too of course, plenty of choice out there on how to do those.

That's an interesting placement for a helix piercing, most often I see them much higher. If it's that low, it's usually an antihelix/snug piercing or more commonly a conch piercing which is very cool too. Please don't take this as me knocking it, I'm just saying it's unique and I like it :) Are you thinking of running some piercings along there between it and you lobe piercings?

Obviously, whatever piercing you want next is entirely up to you, however, I think you might like the look of a forward helix piercing (or maybe more than one, they look especially rad when there's three). Industrials are awesome too of course, plenty of choice out there on how to do those.

thanks, it makes me happy to hear someone likes my piercing. I was actually thinking about putting a chain between the upper two, though it catching on stuff is a bit of a concern. Forward helixes look awesome! I might go get a couple, I think they'd work well. Do you know how painful those would be?

Danoss

thanks, it makes me happy to hear someone likes my piercing. I was actually thinking about putting a chain between the upper two, though it catching on stuff is a bit of a concern. Forward helixes look awesome! I might go get a couple, I think they'd work well. Do you know how painful those would be?

I think a chain would be a worry, especially with a cartilage piercing involved, I'd imagine it'd be quite angry if it got caught. Best to chat to your piercer about this.

As for the forward helix, I would imagine it'd be about the same as your helix piercing, on my ears the cartilage there is thinner than that in my helix but there is much more skin. I don't think the pain would be anything to worry about too much, I haven't experienced so I can't say for sure; there's always the saline right after the piercing to look forward to, goddamn that feels so good.

Ningo

So anyone else ever developed a twitch?

My right upper eyelid has been twitching since last Tuesday, annoying the fuck out of me.

It's not constant, but does it every minute or so.

Attn: Fusebox and others that use Netflix here:
Netflix to lose a lot of movies to Warner Archive Instant after today
(FYI: A lot = ~2200)
Will last 6 months before they come crawling back. Warner's service will go by the WAIside.

My right upper eyelid has been twitching since last Tuesday, annoying the fuck out of me.

Comes and goes for me, had it for years. Happens more often when I'm tired or had too much caffeine. I can go months without it happening though. Any changes to your diet? Could be some kind of irritation too.

Danoss

I've had this and the cause can be a number of things, caffeine like rep said, stress, lack of sleep and some other things. I've also read it can be vitamin deficiency of some kind, which I thought had an easy fix (like eat a banana or something) but I can't find it .

It shouldn't be doing it for so long, if it keeps going on or gets worse, probably best to see a GP.

Ningo

Yea, probably combination of lack of sleep, too much time in front of computer.

Could be caffeine too, only ever drink coffee at work, usually 1 a day and have only been working in my job since mid November.

I'll change it up a bit and see how it goes.

I was sitting in a training session for a piece of software last week and it started during that.

Weird that it should happen now though as I'm feeling better than I have for a long time, due to my footy team of course.

Nothing better than being one of the 2 or 3 Port members in an office full of crow supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom