• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

I hope everyone's today is much better than everyone's yesterday.

Me too, yesterday was just bad news all round. I'm getting stabbed in the nose (on purpose) so I'm hopeful it'll be a good day. I was awoken by multiple mosquito bites which I will pretend was a minor speed bump.

DmC for $37 posted from Play Asia for today.

Also in fantastic timing the latest Sherlock Holmes game is $10 on Steam today! Finished Jack the Ripper last night, really enjoyable adventure games despite a lot of flaws and rough edges.
ss_417f69fe328d1a3fcd06c670895ed42d30c8041c.1920x1080.jpg
New one is a HUGE step up graphically.

Also Lumia 920 is down to $448, tempted to grab it for the wife. Mind wait for a Nexus 4 deal though.

It's fairly complicated but basically this girl I met, we've been seeing each other for nearly a year. She really seemed like "the one" as cheesy as that seems. I could easily and happily see myself with her forever. She was my best friend as well as the girl I loved and really the only person I was myself around, the actual me. Last night it ended, really abruptly. Neither of us wanted it to end, but it had too. I know it sounds weird but it was a complicated situation that meant we couldn't stay together. I had this strange feeling that I was honestly going to wake up and it would all be fixed or the next day she'd be there. Especially coming off a really good couple of weeks with her and then bam. She was more than just my girlfriend. I lost a huge part of my life and just feel really alone now and don't know where to go.
That sucks man. Big step forward for you both to end it though, starts a new chapter in your life and hers. Stay as positive as you can in such a situation and things will look up.

Also buy a Vita.

"And you're plainly addicted to chaos" guy is Maurice La Marche, aka Calculon aka YOU'VE WATCHED IT, YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT. Rad.

PS. Best fucking song for that trailer ever. Queen <3 And is that a new engine or just a tweaked GTA4 engine? And... will we see it on the new consoles? If not (and PS4 doesn't have BC but Durango does) that could be a pretty big factor in what people buy.
RAGE is like Source in that they keep make changes to it, was a good way to make the investment worthwhile.

Pretty sure the White Engine was meant to be like that too, no idea what they did with that lol
At least Fox Engine should keep the Source idea going into the future.

Oh also you would have to be fucking mad if you don't expect Durango/PS4 versions of the biggest game of the year. PC version will mosey along too when they can be fucked. I am getting the feeling that they will do it in house and do it properly since the PC market has been getting a lot of positive attention in regards to sales.

I'll go out on a limb and also say there will be a GTA for 3DS by the end of 2014 despite the woes of Chinatown Wars. It will get ported to Vita again, lol.

I hope everyone's today is much better than everyone's yesterday.
I hope today is better for you too man.

Me too, yesterday was just bad news all round. I'm getting stabbed in the nose (on purpose) so I'm hopeful it'll be a good day. I was awoken by multiple mosquito bites which I will pretend was a minor speed bump.
Think of them as love bites! Make sure to get some yummy food today, that always clears the bad vibes out of me (and is why I'm 90+kg :/)

Stackboy

Thanks for the responses. Traveling is definitely something I need to do within the next few months. Has to be local though, since I'm a poor uni student. Traveling alone is essential.

Why is travelling alone essential? Maybe take at least one close friend with you. Or a dog. Dogs are good people.

GTAV trailer

Trevor missions should be super fun.

Watched all 3 this morning. Pretty excited, but still want to see gameplay footage. Trevor stood out as my favourite too.

Shaneus

It would be crazy for them not to release it on the new consoles.
My prediction: Release on 360, PS3 and PC at launch, next-gen ~6 month timed exclusive on Durango (or possibly PS4, but I don't think that'd be the case).

Knowing how shit the PC version of GTA4 was, I'll probably be getting it for Durango.

My prediction: Release on 360, PS3 and PC at launch, next-gen ~6 month timed exclusive on Durango (or possibly PS4, but I don't think that'd be the case).

Knowing how shit the PC version of GTA4 was, I'll probably be getting it for Durango.

That sounds pretty reasonable. If I still have a 360 at launch ill get it on that. Though will probably sell off my current gen consoles before then and get it for Durango (pending how bad the always on is).

Hitman Absolution on 360 for $24 posted from Mighty Ape
Dead or Alive 5 CE on PS3 for $44 posted from Mighty Ape
Divinity Anthology CE on PC for $24 posted from Mighty Ape

You crazy, PC version won't be at launch. Will be Feb I expect. PC games sell any time of the year, pimp the low res console versions for a few months, bring in the bank, THEN show off the ULTRA HIGH RES AND FRAMES for double dipped juicy dollars.

I don't see an exclusive on the cards other than timed DLC again like with GTA4.

Also the Durango is called Xbox Infinite!

Shaneus

So guys, I think we know what the name of the new Xbox is. And I like it.
(see the bottom of that post, supposedly that guy's dead-on accurate as far as Sonic rumours have gone in the past)

You given She & Him's Volume 3 a spin, Shaneus? Comes out in a few days but the whole album's up for streaming.
Not yet :/ I've been mostly focusing on electronic stuff with a lot of great albums soon to be released (Daft Punk's, amongst others) but I could do with a change of tone. Thanks for the reminder, I'll definitely check it out :) (I think I checked out one or two songs when you last mentioned it maybe?)

That sounds pretty reasonable. If I still have a 360 at launch ill get it on that. Though will probably sell off my current gen consoles before then and get it for Durango (pending how bad the always on is).
S'what I think, at least. And I think the Always On, if there, will be developer/publisher-specific. But I'm guessing that the timing's too good for the release for it to not be in some way exclusive to one of the next-gen consoles (and I'd be willing to bet that given their past relationship, it'd be the Infinite).

Edit: Rep, yeah, you're probably right about the PC release of GTAV. I'd like to hope not, but... probably right. If I had to guess, I'd say PS3/360, PS4/Infinite, then PC (as it has the lowest margin, I'd think).

S'what I think, at least. And I think the Always On, if there, will be developer/publisher-specific. But I'm guessing that the timing's too good for the release for it to not be in some way exclusive to one of the next-gen consoles (and I'd be willing to bet that given their past relationship, it'd be the Infinite).

I hope it's not mandatory. We will find out soon enough.

Just watched the preview for gta, looks great.

Kinect with the Infinite possibilities. Of emptying your wallet.

Always On will be publisher determined. Same thing as this gen, with several CAPCPOM digital titles being always online. MP focused games will be Always On, Destiny too is a big chance of Always Online.

Really? Destiny? The I-can't-beleive-it's-not-a-MMO-MMO? Always Online? Really? Destiny?

Yeah, my tone is that I don't think it will be a big deal in the beginning. I can see it having the ability to be abused by Publishers but I don't think they will go through with that for a few more years. Baby steps, etc. That way the majority won't even notice the change.

legend166

woooooo tax increase.

Thanks Jules.

Edit: oh wait, just read it wouldn't be implemented until after the election, which Labor has 0.00001% chance of winning. No tax increase!

Dead Man

Whoever was grateful they escaped yesterday without seeing any spiders won't be so lucky today. You can skip past these images if you really want, but it's super cute and I don't know why you'd want to miss out on that.

This morning shortly after waking up, I thought I'd go out into the yard and see what bugs were around. My macro setup was disassembled and I couldn't be bothered setting it up again, so I went without it. Rookie mistake.

When I got out there, I saw some crazy looking fly with bright red eyes that I'd never seen before, it was pretty chill, so I could have easily photographed it if I'd brought my gear. I saw some ladybugs in the same place as last time, though there were quite a few more this time. I saw some other tiny things which I had no idea what they were, but they weren't terribly interesting. Then I saw it, I'd been waiting years to actually see one of them in the flesh, let alone be able to photograph one. I slowly backed away so I didn't scare it and then piss-bolted into the house and assembled my macro kit and ran back out.

By the time I returned, I couldn't see it anywhere. I was disappointed to say the least. I looked around to make sure I hadn't missed it and it was nowhere to be seen. I stuck around and looked for some other things to photograph and while there were some, I missed my chances as they were only sticking around momentarily, not even sticking around long enough for me to focus on them.

I kept checking back where that missed opportunity was, and luckily I did because there it was. I wasted no time and just fired off a couple of shots in case I lost it again. It took some time for it to get in position for a nice looking photograph and it was worth it.

Hello jumping spider, at last we meet!

6OWD61p.jpg

Soon....

hUkTx5D.jpg

No idea for a caption.

iLLCmNZ.jpg

About to jump...

Xirf9tK.jpg

Just hanging around.

JxeYt1G.jpg

Step back from the ledge!

It looks like the jpeg compression has crushed some of the blacks. Easy fixed, but not worth it for a forum post. The cuteness should distract you from this anyway, but accept my apologies.

I spent close to an hour just watching it move about, waiting for the right moments to capture. Even if I wasn't photographing, it was fascinating to watch. When you have them in frame and they jump, it can give you a bit of a fright because it happens so quickly, there's no warning and it happens in an instant. At one point I saw it bungee off a leaf with its silk to get to a different spot it want to get too without jumping.

A lot of the time it would wave its pedipalps up and down, which I believe is a mimic of some kind as that's how a lot of them catch prey; they're very clever.

After the high of seeing and photographing this awesome critter, I went inside to sort through the 136 images. That's when I received the phone call with the bad news, which made it even more devastating. That crash from up high is brutal when you come tumbling down.

Anyway, I'm sorry if my posting of images is getting tiresome. Let me know and I'll stop, though I doubt I'll have more until I can get out somewhere again; it'll be hard to top a jumping spider in my backyard.
Jumping spiders are best spiders, great pictures too.

"And you're plainly addicted to chaos" guy is Maurice La Marche, aka Calculon aka YOU'VE WATCHED IT, YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT. Rad.

PS. Best fucking song for that trailer ever. Queen <3 And is that a new engine or just a tweaked GTA4 engine? And... will we see it on the new consoles? If not (and PS4 doesn't have BC but Durango does) that could be a pretty big factor in what people buy.

It would be crazy for them not to release it on the new consoles.

Same engine and made for current gen consoles. Given the september release, next gen consoles will probably get a port, if at all R* release it for them.

No PC version announced, atm it's P360 only.

markot

Banned
Isn't Abbott rolling back the ETS related tax cuts if (when) he gets in? Tax increase either way.
Yea, but his electricity bill, water bill, internet bill, daily groceries, shoes, gaming, and other costs will all go down dramatically when we didn't the carbon tax! Tony told me!

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World on XBLA for 320 allards, Knives Chau DLC for 80 allards
Castlevania SotN ISO dump on XBLA for 320 allards (GOLD ONLY)

The Scott Pilgrim stuff is gold only too.

Soooo want this CE of Watch Dogs. Hat is awesome.
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/images/assetimages/cat_585-wdvigilante.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

How can it be an "iconic cap" when the game isn't even out/the character established yet? :\

Beaten :\

The Scott Pilgrim stuff is gold only too.

How can it be an "iconic cap" when the game isn't even out/the character established yet? :\

Beaten :\

ffffffffffffff thanks I missed it while waiting to go through the 3 step verification process to get into my Xbox account when copy pasting stuff, those URL's are stupid messy.

Also I lolled at the iconic thing too. Looks cool though.

Stackboy

How can it be a collector's box when I'm just going to chuck it in the trash?

I keep my collectors box of AC3 behind my connor statue. But it's kept up high on a bookshelf and mostly out of site. Still have my collectors box for Halo 4, Reach, MW3 and BLOPS 2. They look cool all lined up together.

Fredescu

Yea, but his electricity bill, water bill, internet bill, daily groceries, shoes, gaming, and other costs will all go down dramatically when we didn't the carbon tax! Tony told me!

Given that Tony's "direct action" plan is going to cost billions more than the ETS, I suspect all that stuff will go up with a GST increase. Or they will abandon the emissions cut altogether (more likely).

senahorse

Tony's got a better plan for the NBN as well, he's not tech head but certainly a visionary, Australia is going to be so much better off when he gets the top spot he deserves. I salute our new supreme leader.

Budgie_Smuggler_Abbott_420-420x0.jpg

Shaneus

Yeah, what the fuck? Or the fighting koala, aggro platypus.... idiots. Such a screw-up. Maybe the British one has a kangaroo.

markot

Banned
Also how much is one of those things? If we can't afford the nbn i don't think Tony would be willing to support one of those.... Maybe a smaller one that suits today's kaiju threat but is mainly able to spot small boats of Brown people approaching our Western shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom