• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Got to try an Oculus Rift. That's a thing.

Impressions then?

Anyone here watch Wentworth tonight? It was surprisingly fantastic.

I am really cautious about any Australian tv drama. Sell me on it.

Anyone else being an idiot and getting up at 230am on May 22nd to see the new Xbox unveiling? I know I'm not buying either next gen console for 9 months after launch, but I am really curious about both. Plus I have the E3 week off work to watch everything unfold.

Shaneus

Impressions then?
He's like the Holy of everything.

Anyone else being an idiot and getting up at 230am on May 22nd to see the new Xbox unveiling? I know I'm not buying either next gen console for 9 months after launch, but I am really curious about both. Plus I have the E3 week off work to watch everything unfold.
Yes. Probably getting it on launch as well, launch titles pending. There's honestly more that's exciting (or at least, interesting) to me about what MS might be doing (BC? Kinect 2.0? Controller?) than the PS3 (Touch pad? Whooptee do.). Provided MS does an actual console reveal and not whatever it was that Sony did.

Nintendo and 2K have confirmed they aren't doing the press conference song and dance. Nintendo will have smaller meetings with select groups, not sure what 2K is doing.
2K is hopefully working on their fucking patch for Infinite on PC.

Jintor

Impressions then?

All I got to try was the Tuscany demo and a bit of L4D. Generally speaking it's pretty great but you look like a damned fool waving your head around while sitting in front of a monitor with this giant thing strapped to your head. It's really interesting to see, like, directional head wobble in a game though, and the natural 3d effect is really quite stunning, especially with stuff like HUD pop-ups superimposed over the landscape. Unfortunately I had to wear my glasses underneath so I could see every pixel, not sure how that'll pan out for people who don't have glasses. Blurring after movement, also a problem.

Stackboy

Nintendo and 2K have confirmed they aren't doing the press conference song and dance. Nintendo will have smaller meetings with select groups, not sure what 2K is doing.

I am totally cool with both of these.

Unless Nintendo unveil either new F-Zero or Smash Bro's then OH BOY

Nah he's wearing a rugby supporters top Omi! Ban rugby instead!

I am totally cool with both of these.

Unless Nintendo unveil either new F-Zero or Smash Bro's then OH BOY

Smash Bros is pretty much a lock for this year isn't it? Tentpole release on every Nintendo console.

Fredescu

True, but politically they were in a corner.

Were they? To be honest, I haven't been following very closely, so you're probably right. I just find it a bit weird that a super popular conservative party couldn't knock back some welfare legislation and not take much of a hit. The NBN is popular but they don't expect to take a hit from opposing that either.

I am really cautious about any Australian tv drama. Sell me on it.

Looks just as corny as every other Aussie TV Drama.

Whist it was a little corny at times...the production values, sense of tension and quality of the acting were all through the roof.

Maybe because I didn't buy into any of the hype that's why I was so surprised (I was just channel surfing and came across it).

EDIT- The first episode was put up on YouTube for anyone that's interested in watching. Highly recommend checking it out.

markot

Banned
Were they? To be honest, I haven't been following very closely, so you're probably right. I just find it a bit weird that a super popular conservative party couldn't knock back some welfare legislation and not take much of a hit. The NBN is popular but they don't expect to take a hit from opposing that either.

They did, thats why they announced NBN lite. (But much worse but stupid people dont care)

senahorse

I think most people know they're not getting the full deal with the Libs, they just don't care or don't care enough to make it an election issue.

The sad thing is, when they do start realising (i.e. it does start impacting them) it will probably be too late and we will need to spend another bucket load of money to rectify it. Hell, it could be even worse if the coalition end up selling the FTTH component off to Telstra, back where we started etc.

edit: Star Trek TNG Season 3 Blu-ray $49 at JB, anyone seen cheaper?

senahorse

Legend, been using Netflix over the last week. Very impressed with it so far, most things go to HD within a few seconds. I get the best results from PS3 as opposed to the PC, more content as well :).

Except now I have Telstra cable problems in the area (probably from the NBN construction going on) and am getting up to 50% packet loss. Telstra tried telling me I have probably gone over my quota and that's what will be causing it, idiots :/

Shaneus

Hay guise, look wot I did on my iPhone:

Xy4iw9fl.jpg

Sound is jittery, but I suspect that's more an emulator thing than a lack of speed thing... it's sitting pretty at a flat 60fps. If I can get it to somehow work with a PS3 controller, I'll be stoked.

markot

Banned
Hay guise, look wot I did on my iPhone:

Xy4iw9fl.jpg

Sound is jittery, but I suspect that's more an emulator thing than a lack of speed thing... it's sitting pretty at a flat 60fps. If I can get it to somehow work with a PS3 controller, I'll be stoked.

reported

Danoss

Thanks to a shanshan retweet, I'm now aware Warped Tour is back on. Fingers crossed for some awesome punk bands. Sadly, the possible bands I've seen listed are either unknown to me or terrible (except NOFX). Maybe this is because I'm getting old; the barber ran the small clippers in my ear today, so that probably confirms it.

In order to rip it you had to circumvent the anti-copying protection which is not legal in Australia, even though having a backup copy is.

Except now I have Telstra cable problems in the area (probably from the NBN construction going on) and am getting up to 50% packet loss. Telstra tried telling me I have probably gone over my quota and that's what will be causing it, idiots :/

Lol wow.

Thanks to a shanshan retweet, I'm now aware Warped Tour is back on. Fingers crossed for some awesome punk bands. Sadly, the possible bands I've seen listed are either unknown to me or terrible (except NOFX). Maybe this is because I'm getting old; the barber ran the small clippers in my ear today, so that probably confirms it.

Its not just you :p I guess I'll wait for the official announcement, but so far there's nothing that's really grabbed my attention. I did read they were going to focus on Australian acts, which could be cool.

Shaneus

In order to rip it you had to circumvent the anti-copying protection which is not legal in Australia, even though having a backup copy is.
Didn't, actually. With CFW (not illegal) the UMD is displayed as an additional drive next to the memory card when connected to a computer via USB. There isn't actually any copy protection on UMD game discs to speak of, it's just that there isn't an official drive to read them.

NEXT.

Fredescu

They're real bastards about cable speed. As soon as any of your Telstra bills are late, like by an hour, they cap your cable down to unusable levels. It's pretty clever but fuck it's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom