• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

more than a year :) i bought it 2nd hand off shaneus

cheers ofr the links shaneus having a gander now
No problemo! I can't vouch for the repair joint, but a mate only a few months ago transplanted his HDD from his old 360 into his new one with one of those caddies, it was like new. You'd probably have to get a screwdriver from that site as well.

You might be able to find an empty one on eBay if you didn't want to wait the (usually) 2 weeks delivery time from DX, but if you can wait, it'll definitely work.

N0VAM0D

Thank you all :)

Also, today was a wet, miserable, gray/black day to drive to Newcastle

The weather was dreadful, huh. I was so eager to hang around outside this Christmas! Though, I was equally satisfied with a huge lunch/dinner and napping through the afternoon.

Also, congratulations man!

So, what did everyone get for Christmas? Here's my loot:
Beale Piano, model UP130TS
Orange laced top
Radiohead shirt
Black, round sunglasses
Coco Mademoiselle Chanel perfume
The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 1: The Five Nightmares
Batman: The Black Mirror
Persona 4: Golden
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ (shh)
Massive Attack's Mezzanine vinyl
Mogwai's The Hawk Is Howling vinyl
and some money and gift vouchers and other miscellaneous accessories

Dead Man

Loot today was pretty good:

Formula One book
New punching bag
New gloves
Diary (yeah, I laughed, but then I saw it had every professional sporting event in Australia next year listed)
Spud gun (pure awesome)
3 model planes
JB voucher
Beer

Almost makes up for being at work all afternoon and tonight.

We visited little Henry in baby jail the hospital this morning. Yesterday, we left him naked under an array of blue UV LEDs (he has jaundice) and hooked up to a respirator (he had some trouble breathing and they put it back on him).

This morning, we visit the nursery to find his crib transformed, the UV array missing and Henry in a little red Christmas-themed onesie and matching booties which were quite literally the first clothes I have ever seen him wear (premies are usually naked bar a nappy in the humidicribs). At the foot of his crib, the nurses had left a stocking full of goodies (baby stuff) and on the dresser, a "Christmas card to Mum and Dad from Henry". To prove he'd done it and not one of the nurses, the card had two little blue footprints on it from his feet.

It was quite touching.

I read to him a story out of a book of fairy tales we got him for Christmas and, when Mrs Squirrel was making commentary on the quality of my voice-work and characterisation (poor), he opened his little eyes and looked at her. To top it all off and a nurse came and took off his respirator.

This was even better than the Christmas I got a Super Nintendo and Super Mario World!

God (or deity / anthropomorphised positive ideal of your choice) bless us, every one!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
that's so damn nice of henry vks :O

good news all around for ausgaf today (bar mine and jambos electronics!)
but the important stuff is all good!

and now michaelas boobs is playing with a box!

Live-action Asterix at the Olympic Games and Yatterman start on SBSTwo in about twenty minutes. Don't know if either of them are any good, but if you need something to watch tonight.

This was even better than the Christmas I got a Super Nintendo and Super Mario World!

idk my parents bought a SNES off the kids down the road when "the new one came out" for $50 and it had smw and the smb all stars thing and a a few other must have mario first party things
that was a pretty great christmas man

nah i joke
sounds like you had a pretty great christmas. congrats

to fogz too

So guys, the CoD games are on sale. I assume all our prices are vastly over-inflated. Which one should I get if I don't have any? As in, what's the best one before they basically turned into games that are barely more interactive than Space Ace and Dragon's Lair?

COD4: Modern Warfare. I assume you've played the earlier ones. If not get COD2.

Lovely news VKS. When can you take him home?

Shaneus

We visited little Henry in baby jail the hospital this morning. Yesterday, we left him naked under an array of blue UV LEDs (he has jaundice) and hooked up to a respirator (he had some trouble breathing and they put it back on him).

This morning, we visit the nursery to find his crib transformed, the UV array missing and Henry in a little red Christmas-themed onesie and matching booties which were quite literally the first clothes I have ever seen him wear (premies are usually naked bar a nappy in the humidicribs). At the foot of his crib, the nurses had left a stocking full of goodies (baby stuff) and on the dresser, a "Christmas card to Mum and Dad from Henry". To prove he'd done it and not one of the nurses, the card had two little blue footprints on it from his feet.

It was quite touching.

I read to him a story out of a book of fairy tales we got him for Christmas and, when Mrs Squirrel was making commentary on the quality of my voice-work and characterisation (poor), he opened his little eyes and looked at her. To top it all off and a nurse came and took off his respirator.

God (or deity / anthropomorphised positive ideal of your choice) bless us, every one!
Aw, that's fucking awesome :)
I spent most of today mucking around with my 2 and 4-year-old nephews. They're fucking awesome :)

Loot today was pretty good:

Formula One book
New punching bag
New gloves
Diary (yeah, I laughed, but then I saw it had every professional sporting event in Australia next year listed)
Spud gun (pure awesome)
3 model planes
JB voucher
Beer

Almost makes up for being at work all afternoon and tonight.
Which book, DM? I love that I've finally found a book (that music one) that I want to read, and an F1 one would probably be next on the list :)

Edit: This Asterix movie actually looks like it's quite funny! But sadly, I was hoping for something I can have in the background and it's in French :(

Thaaank-ya, DJ. But it looks like the Australian prices aren't as inflated as I thought they were. COD4:MW is still $10US (plus whatever generosity tip I usually add) so it's still not worth it. I thought a 5 year old game would be cheaper :/ Thanks anyway!

Shaneus

Best Christmas story I've heard!

I spent the first Christmas with my mum and brother in 16 years. We decided to forget tradition and go out for Yum Cha, which was fantastic. It feels like I have a family again.
THAT is fucking awesome, too. Christmas is about family more than anything IMO, so it's great you have that back (and for the first time, VKS has one of his own :) ).

PS. This Asterix movie is quite funny. One of the characters is named "Painintheas".

COD games and cheap? Does not compute.

Blops1 and MW3 are still $50 plus in most stores. MW2 around $40. (consoles).

I have a copy of COD4 on PS3 lying around if you want it.

Shaneus

COD games and cheap? Does not compute.

Blops1 and MW3 are still $50 plus in most stores. MW2 around $40. (consoles).

I have a copy of COD4 on PS3 lying around if you want it.
Thanks but no thanks... I was more hoping for something I could run at a mega resolution @ 60fps on my PC :)

I spent the first Christmas with my mum and brother in 16 years. We decided to forget tradition and go out for Yum Cha, which was fantastic. It feels like I have a family again.

That's awesome, dude.

PS. This Asterix movie is quite funny. One of the characters is named "Painintheas".

Liked the Lovesix name but wasn't really feeling the movie overall so I've put the JC Superstar Arena Tour on again.

Lovely news VKS. When can you take him home?
Doctor's say that average time is when he would have been full term, so eight weeks from now.

Yeah :-|

Awww! He's so little! I'm surprised you're able to hold him already, what with him being so early. How's the wife doing?

Henry doesn't sound very Spanish>.> but it certainly suits him.
Like I said, we can really only hold him once per day, and when we do, he's hooked up to sensors and a bunch of wires, but it's always awesome when it happens. At his level of development, they encourage people to do it because it calms them down and helps them mature.

Mrs Squirrel is doing as well as can be expected from a woman who just had a caesarian. She'll just be slow at things for a while until she recovers.

Also, Henry is just the English form of Enrique, and his middle name is Lucas, which is extremely Spanish.

And this:
img_3173fjuj0.png

(fucking stoked, can't wait to read it)

I'm seeing David Byrne with St. Vincent next year, can't wait!

Dead Man

Which book, DM? I love that I've finally found a book (that music one) that I want to read, and an F1 one would probably be next on the list :)
It's at home and I'm at work, but it looked like more of a coffee table book, novelty circular shape, great images, low on text. If you haven't read Murray Walkers book yet I highly recommend it.

Best Christmas story I've heard!

That is awesome.
Doctor's say that average time is when he would have been full term, so eight weeks from now.

Yeah :-|
That is going to be a horribly long wait. Worth it though!

@Fogz @VKS @Danoss
They are some very awesome Christmas stories. They're the sort of stories that make Christmas actually feel like Christmas.

@everyone else
Thank you for sharing your tales (and bounty) from today. I hope everyone was merry, much rejoicing was had and that you all appreciated the time spend with friends and family. These are the people that form our world and it's important to take advantage of our time together, whether it be those that have only recently joined the family, those that we're trying to start a new life with, or those with which we are trying to reconnect.

Stay safe and awesome for the rest of the holiday season, AusGAF.

Shaneus

Christmas just got awesome for two lucky people.

Who wants a copy of either JSR or Crazy Taxi for PC (via Steam code)?

I have no idea how to decide this, I guess just PM me and whoever gets it, gets it. I'll probably tell you that first person who messages me gets it, but whether that's true or I just tell the person I want to get it that they were the first... you can work that out ;)

Rezbit

I have no idea how to decide this, I guess just PM me and whoever gets it, gets it. I'll probably tell you that first person who messages me gets it, but whether that's true or I just tell the person I want to get it that they were the first... you can work that out ;)

Shameless message sent!

Kritz

Banned
My christmas involved seeing my mother and father in the same room for the first time since... my birthday? So, six months. Not that long for some people but when you're new to the whole "the people who gave birth to you hate eachother" thing it's kinda weird.

Which I touched upon earlier today.

Then we went over to my mother's side of the family for turkey, chicken and some other bird. Unfortunately I forgot my asthma puffer and find I can't drink without it, so I had to say no to all alcohol. But I bought along Zombies!!! and had a really great game with my dad, uncle, cousin and another cousin's girlfriend (who was driving and also couldn't drink).

She ended up winning, which was nice, because from her reaction she seemed like the only one who would have taken real enjoyment from winning (after losing terribly at Cards Against Humanity yesterday).

Unfortunately, my day was also filled with the weirdest string of wreckless bad luck I've ever encountered. Nearly ever single thing I touched either broke, fell on the ground, made a huge mess, burned, or caused at least someone (mostly me) to break out a profanity or two. This also involves the asthma puffer being lost for the day, me forgetting to make ice for my iced coffee that I made specifically for me and my mother, to forgetting to put my board game in my bag properly and spilling all the pieces everywhere inside of it, to taking control of one of my cousin's $20 remote control helicopters and impressively smashing it into the light bulb above us. The light was fine, the present was not.

But I got some ferrero rochers in the family lucky dip (which I shared with broken helicopter man) which has made most of my problems from them disappear.

Yeah. He has surprisingly good handwriting for someone who's just a week old.

And yet your fuckin story managed to warm my coal black, cynical grinch heart.

So now I need to see a doctor because I don't know if hearts are supposed to do that.

I don't want games off a stinky stupid-faced jerk with butt rot but do want to say that, despite being a stinky stupid-faced jerk with butt rot, that is a pretty cool thing to do.

PS-Careful, everyone, this is a scam that Shaneus pulls every year to try and get friends on Steam. Once he's got you on his friends list he hackz0rs your computer, steals all of your money and purchased iTunes movies, downloads your family and friends for his own depraved sexual perversions and then drugs you and steals your organs to sell on the black market. He then uses the money from this to buy copious amounts of drugs that he'll consume while having his wicked way with your pets.

But, if you've never played JSR or Crazy Taxi and don't have much of an affinity for your personal information, family, friends, any amassed wealth, bodily organs and the purity of any pets your own, it may be totally worth it.

PPS-Seriously, pretty cool of you, Shaneus :)

Though Christmas was looking to be rather awful it turned out pretty good. Spent the morning with my mum and brother, then in the evening had dinner with all my high school friends and there families. There was cider, swimming and karaoke. I finally got Norwegian wood which I've been meaning to read forever. No idea how my mum found it in Japanese, but I'm very happy. Now off to the hobbit tomorrow morning!

Kritz

Banned
maaaan fuuuuck

2/3 friends just bailed on hobbit + ralph for thursday, because they realised "the day after boxing day" wasn't a make believe date but was actually based on a real date where they had to live in instead of go and see some fuckin movies.

Now I'm tempted so say fuck it and go watch hobbit 3d without them and just not say anything and then be incredibly fidgety during hobbit 2d a week from now.

Money is crazy tight for us right now so either I get it fixed at a decent price or... no TV for a while =[

just put all your fuckin thinkgeek toys into a pile and turn them all on at once.

Shaneus

I don't want games off a stinky stupid-faced jerk with butt rot but do want to say that, despite being a stinky stupid-faced jerk with butt rot, that is a pretty cool thing to do.

PS-Careful, everyone, this is a scam that Shaneus pulls every year to try and get friends on Steam. Once he's got you on his friends list he hackz0rs your computer, steals all of your money and purchased iTunes movies, downloads your family and friends for his own depraved sexual perversions and then drugs you and steals your organs to sell on the black market. He then uses the money from this to buy copious amounts of drugs that he'll consume while having his wicked way with your pets.

But, if you've never played JSR or Crazy Taxi and don't have much of an affinity for your personal information, family, friends, any amassed wealth, bodily organs and the purity of any pets your own, it may be totally worth it.

PPS-Seriously, pretty cool of you, Shaneus :)
Cheers broseph! But they were Steam *codes* so they wouldn't have won me any friends over anyway. Besides, I've maxed out the maximum friend list on Steam anyway at 255 friends or 65535 friends or whatever.

Surprised only two people messaged me, though! And somewhat fantastically, each for different games :)

They were hangovers from the Dreamcast pack on Amazon... I had no use for them anyway. Merry Christmas!

I finally got Norwegian wood
I wish I was blonde so I could pretend to be from Norway and use that as a pickup line.

Omikron

It was quite touching.

Seriously best story. :)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew

It was quite touching.

Great story. I was a prem too. We kick arse.

hamchan

Watching The Hobbit in 15 mins. Downloading Doctor Who Christmas special. Not working on the busiest (worst) day to work on retail.

Life is good.

Still go, tell them, then let them know that you won't be going to see it in 2D?

Cheers broseph! But they were Steam *codes* so they wouldn't have won me any friends over anyway. Besides, I've maxed out the maximum friend list on Steam anyway at 255 friends or 65535 friends or whatever.
I notice that you're not denying the rest of what I said...

I wish I was blonde so I could pretend to be from Norway and use that as a pickup line.
That's awesome.

Gazunta

Awesome story VKS. And congrats Fogz!

Video game-wise I got Paper Mario on 3DS, which is ace so far. Today were off to swap out one of the wife's Xmas pressies
i suck at picking handbags lololol
and watching Les Mis and The Hobbit. Bring it on!

Some great Christmas stories yesterday.

Does anyone want one of (all Steam except the last one):

Metro 2033
Bastion
Hitman: Blood Money
Torchlight
RoboBlitz
Kung Fu Strike (XBLA)

Some great Christmas stories yesterday.

Does anyone want one of (all Steam except the last one):

Metro 2033
Bastion
Hitman: Blood Money
Torchlight
RoboBlitz
Kung Fu Strike (XBLA)
I'd take Kung Fu Strike but I'd feel bad about doing so. It's no longer available on XBLA for unknown reasons.

Depends.

The art style, music and narrative make up somewhat for the fairly boring and repetitive combat. It's worth it if you can get it for cheap. Or free, in this situation.

Visually and aurally I though it was very strong.

Well I have a key for Kung Fu Strike which I won along with Mark of the Ninja. Didn't really want Kung Fu Strike. If it works it works. Does anyone actually want it?

Key sent to ThoseDeafMutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom