• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBwB

That may be up there with Wimbledon 08 for me.

Haven't been so entertained by a match in quite a damn while.

Also.... HE DID IT!!!!

It had to be this way. His elusive 18th and defeating the one guy who has punished him time and time again over his career. As much as I love Rafa, I think for tennis as a whole, Roger winning it was more important. It makes their rivalry a little less one sided and we got a great match. Congrats Roger! You bastard! You've ruined my afternoon.

What an amazing match.

I am so happy for Federer. He waited 4 and a half years for this, coming back after a six months break, and against Nadal too.

That's the sweetest #18 he could have hoped for.

That may be up there with Wimbledon 08 for me.

Haven't been so entertained by a match in quite a damn while.

It seems a fitting ending to their rivalry. If they never compete in another slam final again, it closes out a magnificent rivalry and papers over the one-sided nature of it at times.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hope Rafa can still catch Roger in Grand Slams, but winning this one would've made that a much easier target :(

The look on Rafa's face. It's one I know too well and it's usually on Roger's. It's the face of a competitor, of a champion disappointed, it means the world to Rafa, the world to anyone playing the sport. 2017 is going to be a good year.

EVO

Fucking wow. Just wow. Serious props to Nadal, dude is probably the most resilient player ever, but Fed just fucking crushed it when it mattered most.

Slaythe

They are two Legends.

Both can be proud honestly, this match was one of the most intense I've ever seen.

Bother players were not super consistent, but their best moments were definitely as good as ever.

Incredible match, Roger the underdog made this an anthology match with this come back in the 5th set.

His tears and joy.

Both can be proud, it was a great match.

Happy for Roger.

sam777

Nadal looks like he's fuming. Hope he can be proud of his performance.

He would be this maybe the hardest slam for him to win and he may not get another chance especially with players like Zverev and Dimitrov improving. He will have a great chance at the French and maybe the U.S open but probably not again at the Australian.

Slaythe

He would be this maybe the hardest slam for him to win and he may not get another chance especially with players like Zverev and Dimitrov improving. He will have a great chance at the French and maybe the U.S open but probably not again at the Australian.

Nadal is a monster in the french open, if he's not hurt.

Fed is not gonna have many other shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom