• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

tci

Maybe I should go get my t-shirt for this?

A_killanimals.jpg

jett

D-Member
BEHEMOTH DA GAWD

I'm rooting for him if only for his sole survivor run last time. I'm not all that hyped about a 100% run to be honest though.

This commentary sucks.

It's very low energy. There was a time when it literally sounded like ESPN commentators going back and forth, it was awesome.

This isn't awesome.

Crayolan

Super Metroid has been going for 7 minutes and the donation counter has been rising almost nonstop that entire time, over 35k already. This is insane.

Aikidoka

I found it strange that Toby Fox would be against speedrunning his game. Seems like it fits the meta-narrative of Undertale perfectly.

This commentary sucks.
It really does. Whoever has been talking the most is very low energy and seems to stop himself a lot. For as packed as the room is and as crazy as the donation counter is going, you'd think this would be one of the most energetic races. Bummer in that regard.

jblank83

It really does. Whoever has been talking the most is very low energy and seems to stop himself a lot. For as packed as the room is and as crazy as the donation counter is going, you'd think this would be one of the most energetic races. Bummer in that regard.

SpikeVegeta or someone needs to jump in there and hype everything up.

Revven

I think it's because Golden isn't around (he's doing other things) to do ESPN-style commentary with Spike, who was just on the couch for four hours earlier, as those two were the primary part of that commentary last year and the previous year.

dreams

I found it strange that Toby Fox would be against speedrunning his game. Seems like it fits the meta-narrative of Undertale perfectly.

He wasn't against speedrunning it at all. He didn't want it in a GDQ because he didn't want spoilers out there. He's okay with it now because it's been out for like a year and a half at this point.

Crayolan

Toby wasn't against people speedrunning it, he was just really paranoid about people being spoiled on the game. That's why he requested they wait a year to put it in GDQ, so that people would have time to play it themselves first.

Aikidoka

He wasn't against speedrunning it at all. He didn't want it in a GDQ because he didn't want spoilers out there. He's okay with it now because it's been out for like a year and a half at this point.

Toby wasn't against people speedrunning it, he was just really paranoid about people being spoiled on the game. That's why he requested they wait a year to put it in GDQ, so that people would have time to play it themselves first.

Ok, that makes a little bit more sense. That little snippet in the TGH interview was the first I'd heard of it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
2 things I've learned today:

1. I want to start speedrunning.

2. Never speedrun a souls game because that community is a hellhole. Pretty fucking disgraceful stuff said from parts of souls speed community today.

2 things I've learned today:

1. I want to start speedrunning.

2. Never speedrun a souls game because that community is a hellhole.

I'm planning on making a thread sometime in the next couple days on this with guides (in general and popular games) and links to some of the best streamers. Last year I started working on Mega Man Legends myself, so was hyped when BlueMetal did it this year.

Top Bottom