• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

dreams

Yikes, he should be taken off commentary tbh. This is a charity event. That sort of shit is not appropriate.

I 100% get that it is extremely annoying (I hate that waluigi shit tbh), but suicide jokes are not cool.

TUSR

Banned
CcO9DdF.png

Apathy

Why the hell did that guy ruin people's fun? geeze, he must be really fun at parties. Really brought down the crowds enthusiasm

Fasty

Was he referring to the Waluigi stuff or were people in the crowd saying something we couldn't hear?

Edit: nevermind

Lazlo

From what I think i remember hearing the dude in black on the left behind the runners said the audience was cancer and to go "stand infront of the shuttle that comes on the hour outside the hotel" which I took to be him telling them to stand infront of a bus.

jman2050

Wow that Ridley fight, I never would've thought of shooting the first shot from the top of the room so you can charge the second shot sooner.

RocknRola

What happened? What was said? Why is the mood so strange with this run?

I loved the Wind Waker run, the game is lovely to watch in all forms (casual or speedrunning). But I closed the tab and went to do some other stuff. Super glad that their reaching close to $2 million in any case!

Also enjoyed the MGS2 run earlier during the event.

For those wondering what happened, the crowd started making Waluigi noises when someone would pick up a powerup. Annoying at times, but whatever.

One of the guys next to the couch got annoyed, took a headset from someone next to him and basically told the crowd they're not funny and they could prevent cancer by going and standing in front of a bus.

Huh, I thought he just said they should go outside and take the shuttle. And they should, they're being annoying and distracting as fuck with that waluigi horseshit.

Yeah, that wasn't even remotely funny. Dude killed a lot of the excitement of the room. He could have said, "A couple of the runners have requested that the Waluigi spam please be stopped" and it would have been better for everybody.

Gurrry

Yikes, he should be taken off commentary tbh. This is a charity event. That sort of shit is not appropriate.

I 100% get that it is extremely annoying (I hate that waluigi shit tbh), but suicide jokes are not cool.

From what i can tell he isnt even on commentary (doesnt have a headset). He tapped one of the real commentators on the shoulder to take their mic and say that stupid shit.

I agree though, make an example of him and make him leave.

Nanashrew

Banned
Yeeeesh.

"None of you guys are funny, and if you want to help prevent cancer, you should consider standing in front of the shuttle that shows up outside the hotel on the hour"

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Was just thinking we almost made it through an entire AGDQ without a really awkward moment...and then the buzzer beater.

Dimmle

The Waluigi cry is the most innocuous thing ever. Good job keeping your cool and maintaining the good vibes of the event, dude.

Top Bottom