• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Apathy

Lol the fact that hes no longer there is funnier. Dude could have just chilled but no, he goes and says something stupid

RocknRola

"none of you guys are funny. if you guys want to prevent cancer you can go outside and stand in front of the bus shuttle"

something like that

definitely the waluigi thing.

Someone on the couch basically called the people going "wahhh" in the crowd cancer and told them to prevent cancer by standing infront of the shuttle.

got kicked out for telling the crowd they were cancer and should jump in front of a bus

Damn. Hope he never is allowed to be a part of this again. Screw that guy. It's a damn charity event, keep your damn cool.

Shouta

Waluigi shit annoys the hell out of me. I really like the smaller or latter scheduled runs because you won't hear them.

Yeah, it's stupid, but it's fun for people, and the event is a place for the crowd to have fun. Also the more fun the crowd has the better the vibe the more donations can come in

memes can be fun but if you repeat it over and it over it gets old but we'll probably agree to disagree on that point

anyway, pretty disappointing commentary for this run all around(even before the guy said what he said)

emb

Yeah, I like it, too. It's no worse than "hoipe."
I feel like "HYPE" has run its course. Overuse kinda makes it feel unhype.

"WAH" is still funny though. Everytime I hear it I remember that Waluigi is a ridiculous character and it's funny to me that people acknowledge that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Damn. Hope he never is allowed to be a part of this again. Screw that guy. It's a damn charity event, keep your damn cool.

Yeah, it was pretty tactless. I'm not one to get bent out of shape about off-color comments, because I'm an asshole, myself, but you can't call people cancer at a charity event about cancer research. The reasons, I suspect, are obvious.

The Waluigi stuff was cringey and annoying.

But the key was to let them get bored of it and not comment on it. Telling them off would just lead to protest Wehs.

dreams

Waluigi shit annoys the hell out of me. I really like the smaller or latter scheduled runs because you won't hear them.

100% agreed. To be fair to the runners and people getting upset by it, it IS really, really loud and distracting when you're there IRL (well, I was there for SGDQ, which isn't as large, so I can only imagine what this is like).

(But also don't tell people to kill themselves)

linko9

Sicks runs so far, considering the marathon environment!

Also, why the hell is the announcer stopping them from CLAPPING? That's insane.

jb1234

I feel like "HYPE" has run its course. Overuse kinda makes it feel unhype.

"WAH" is still funny though. Everytime I hear it I remember that Waluigi is a ridiculous character and it's funny to me that people acknowledge that.

I'm fortunate in that I'm not familiar with the Waluigi meme. I kinda like HYPE, though.

Sicks runs so far, considering the marathon environment!

Also, why the hell is the announcer stopping them from CLAPPING? That's insane.

try reading a book in front of a crowd of hundreds of people constantly clapping. Not exactly the easiest environment to concentrate in.

Dimmle

The Waluigi stuff was cringey and annoying.

But the key was to let them get bored of it and not comment on it. Telling them off would just lead to protest Wehs.

weh

Since when do they forbid cheering and clapping during the Super Metroid race? I've never seen the final moments of a Metroid run so funereal.

Koobion

Asking for silence for "serious time" when they're mostly only clapping to begin with lol. Get over yourselves...this Metroid tradition is long in the tooth.

jett

D-Member
What's with the announcer consistently telling the crowd to STFU? This run is a disaster. Erase it from the record books.

The thing about overusing WAAs is that BitFs involving these which basically popularised them in the first place already involved overusing them. The lamp strip remains my favourite to this day.

Top Bottom