• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Guevara

A "democrat" white house?

Makes sense to me!

✓ Kept Obamacare on multiple occasions
✓ Didn't cut taxes for the wealthy
✓ General disarray and confusion

Yes, that's the democrats I know and love.

Honestly it's too early to see how he's going to react. If he was truly forced out, I could see him turning on Trump... but if he stepped down to go all out...

d0nc6vn.jpg

Well played.

Tovarisc

What's the background on this twitter account? Correctly predicting when ppl will be fired?

Looks like owner of that account if Hope Hicks fan / has crush on her and making funny out of shit going down with Trump administration while crediting Hicks as mastermind.

You are more likely to find speculation / talk / rumors about Hicks being Donnies mistress than her being some mastermind taking down Trump. Like I found out after googling into her after her promotion was announced.

Respect

Won't happen considering he just double downed on his support of his neo nazi base, would love to be wrong though.

Who knew being wrong could feel so good. Not too surprised that his well reasoned opinion on NK may have pissed off that racist, insecure, toddler in chief.

Here's hoping.

Red

I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.
I think his speeches make it clear he is more than an economic nationalist, and has a distinct preference for white, Christian identity.

Eusis

Man, I really hope that this leaves his base in tatters and he ends up with 0% chance of reelection and it FUBARs the chance of 2018 races.
Not sure spinning Trump as a liberal is going to help liberals.
This however I don't want. It could well radicalize the right wing further or even drag dems right in order to win some of these places. And I don't want to see either happen, not to a further degree than had happened before.

Tagyhag

Is Breitbart going to be the website of #TheResistance now?

No, because then Breitbart would lose their followers.

They're just going to come up with shit like TRUMP IN LEAGUE WITH HILLARY and TRUMP AS CRAZY AS STALIN.

Breitbart is still going to be a shit alt-right magazine, but now Trump is on their sights.

So, Bannon calls White Supremacists a collection of clowns and is then fired.

Bannon just wasn't white enough for Trump I guess?

Which is painfully ironic considering Bannon's antisemitic background.

I guess for Trump, you need to be more anti-Black than antisemitic to play on his golf courses.

What single stance does Trump have that could even begin to be construed as liberal?
Following Trump's stances is like watching a game of pinball with five balls on the table, but to quote the poster above:

A "democrat" white house?

Makes sense to me!

✓ Kept Obamacare on multiple occasions
✓ Didn't cut taxes for the wealthy
✓ General disarray and confusion

Yes, that's the democrats I know and love.

so is breitbart gonna be fake news now?

Its actually going to be super interesting how Trump's brain tries and reconcile it.

Does his narcissism and idiocy move straight to "fake news"?
Or does he come up with some new harebrained scheme?
How willing is he to fight against his base to maintain his ego? This seems like a legitimately huge problem for his small mind lol

jayu26

What single stance does Trump have that could even begin to be construed as liberal?

That's not the problem, the problem is that if tomorrow Breitbart publishes an article labeled "Trump is secretly a liberal Democrat" there will be plenty who will believe it, regardless of evidence. There is no telling what kind of fallout that could have. Bannon knows that Trump is out of control, but he doesn't want Democrats in the office either.

Top Bottom