• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - The 4th and final season - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

A man with a satanic tattoo and an inverted cross in the chest.
Is the killer a new character and not a known one? So disappointing if true... all the conjectures and theories of the first episodes would be pointless.

Should probably wait and see what they do then.

bitbydeath

I'm all for a Burton spinoff when this show finishes.

Hell he can be called up to Netherrealm and show them a thing or two.

Call it 'Burton Unleashed'

UrbanRats

All this murder shit better lead somewhere, because using the entire last season (with shorter episodes) to focus on it seems a huge misstep so far.
They even had to rush the JOB plotline, to get back to it.

Not feeling this season. Even with the return of the beard.

Yeah something is definitely not clicking with me.

Anytime the old crew is on screen, I get excited and really into it.

None of the new (or newish characters ala Bunker) characters interest me at all, especially knowing this is the final season.

Should've been a cool farewell season for the crew; instead we have to deal with a whole bunch of new storylines. Alpha-Nazi is kinda intimidating I guess...

I'll still await excitedly for each new episode though; I owe the show that much.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm thinking the serial killer is unrelated to Rebecca's death because didn't they mention that Rebecca's incision was done with a surgical precision while the newest victim's wasn't?

Also, I'm loving vigilante Carrie. Her scenes in tonight's episode kicked ass.

Also also, poor Job :( "Don't. Leave. Me. Alone." :(

The only thing good about this episode was Eliza Dushku being super hot. I'm only watching this show out of obligation to see how it ends now. Hopefully the last few episodes are just ball-to-the-wall action.

Zaph

Damn I miss Hannibal

Dushku is as terrible as always.

For a show like Banshee, this doesn't feel like it's now halfway through its final season and that has me worried.

UrbanRats

All the serial Killer scenes were hilarious(ly bad) especially after Hannibal.
Like some B movie horror straight to video sequence, slapped for no reason into the final season of Banshee.
This feels like a big troll season for now.

The only character with a relevant and interesting development is Job.

Right? Demon horn dude cutting hearts out of people and shit. Do they think they're making a horror-themed police procedural? Just get back to the awesome melee and gun fights!

Yup, fuck that serial killer angle. I just want to see a three way war between Proctor/cops/NeoNazis. Just give us that, dammit.

RS4-

This is some bullshit with the serial killer. Fucking hell.

Bunker not giving a fuck, hey let's take a call near deputy bitch. Hey, let's get into Carrie's car right in front of the sheriff's dept!

Fuck man.

Serial killer plotline is a hackneyed mess. It's really damping my enthusiasm.

Carrie and Job have been a lot of fun together so far. The Nazi guys have been a good addition to the show, as well. I hope they tighten up the focus on these parts as we move towards the back end of the season.

Xevren

This season really hasnt been what I expected, I hope they have a good payoff for this serial killer stuff cuz as is it's kinda whack =/

Meneses

Show jumped the shark for me, not digging anything about this season.

Cultist murderers straight out of Red Dragon, vigilante Carrie running in slow motion looking purposefully towards the camera as shit explodes, rushed Job plotline...

I know the show hasn't been exactly very realistic, but this almost feels like a caricature.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I agree completely with the AVClub review for this last episode. The killer stuff is just flat and boring, but the traditional Banshee show is still fuckin' rocking.

Serial killer plotline is a hackneyed mess. It's really damping my enthusiasm.

Carrie and Job have been a lot of fun together so far. The Nazi guys have been a good addition to the show, as well. I hope they tighten up the focus on these parts as we move towards the back end of the season.
At this point they should just have Burton eat the serial killers.

UrbanRats

I'd be fine with them interrupting the show right now, and come up next year with a do over. Lol.
I mean this is the last season, they have reduced episodes... And this is how you decide to culminate things? You cut off important plot points (like Deva) to include some horrible Hannibal lite cult of the devil? What are you doing?
This should be about Proctor and his gang, vs Hood and his gang, you have plenty of material set up to work with, to fill 8, exciting episodes, to conclude the series.

I'd be fine with them interrupting the show right now, and come up next year with a do over. Lol.
I mean this is the last season, they have reduced episodes... And this is how you decide to culminate things? You cut off important plot points (like Deva) to include some horrible Hannibal lite cult of the devil? What are you doing?
This should be about Proctor and his gang, vs Hood and his gang, you have plenty of material set up to work with, to fill 8, exciting episodes, to conclude the series.
I'm still waiting for Deva to get thrown in prison. She does the prison stint that Carrie never got.

BorganXI

GAF got me tuned into this show back in season 1.

I agree with everyone that the serial killer plot seems out of nowhere and a weird way to focus on in the final shortened season.

They had a lot of other options and story they could have gone with to send out the show, but this...?

I don't know, hopefully the last 4 episodes tie it together somehow. I was hoping to see some epic throw down between Proctor's crew and Hood's.

I had the feeling that Proctor was a bit clued in on Hood not being the real sheriff at the end of season 3, but I guess not.

Meh. Carrie and Job are awesome but the rest is a MESS. How could they get this so damn wrong? Flashbacks blow, the serial killer stuff is terrible, and Dushku still can't act.

Stoze

Yeah I don't know why they're trying to fit vampire dudes and Dushku within the last 5 episodes of the show, not to mention the neo nazis. I'm still enjoying it though.

After getting Job back this season should've just focused on Hood destroying Proctor.

holygeesus

Banned
I'm still waiting for Deva to get thrown in prison. She does the prison stint that Carrie never got.

Has she even been in this season yet? Seems odd to close a show up without concluding one of the storyline ties (i.e. Hood being her father and how they settle that)

Also, why the limit on Sugar's screen time this season? Job should be recovering there so the show can put them two together at every opportunity.

Seems the show is putting too much of the emphasis on uninteresting characters, rather than the core group.

Has she even been in this season yet? Seems odd to close a show up without concluding one of the storyline ties (i.e. Hood being her father and how they settle that)

Also, why the limit on Sugar's screen time this season? Job should be recovering there so the show can put them two together at every opportunity.

Seems the show is putting too much of the emphasis on uninteresting characters, rather than the core group.

There was a flashback showing her finding Hood. Also, Carrie was talking to her on the phone this week.

This satanic murder cult reminds me of the Stallone classic Cobra and the Night Slasher. Who looked somewhat like another character on the show.

LFjdjIe.jpg

I'm just amazed Deva isn't involved in the Satanic cult in some way. That said, I'm fine with the serial killer cult. Especially since it means Hood is going to kick a bunch of Satanist ass. I hope they're all decked out in goat masks and black robes and shit.

Burton waiting in your backseat is pure nightmare fuel.

I'm just amazed Deva isn't involved in the Satanic cult in some way. That said, I'm fine with the serial killer cult. Especially since it means Hood is going to kick a bunch of Satanist ass. I hope they're all decked out in goat masks and black robes and shit.

Burton waiting in your backseat is pure nightmare fuel.
I thought Burton eating ice cream was nightmare fuel. I was like, "holy shit he eats."

Burton pretty much doing anything is nightmare fuel. I mean, in the preview
he's taking a chainsaw to some one and Burton looks he might as well still be eating that ice cream cone

loopdelooptfoff.gif

I'm going to miss that psychopathic monster when this shows done.

Burton pretty much doing anything is nightmare fuel. I mean, in the preview
he's taking a chainsaw to some one and Burton looks he might as well still be eating that ice cream cone

loopdelooptfoff.gif

I'm going to miss that psychopathic monster when this shows done.
Sawing someone in half, eating ice cream, cleaning up a crime scene, ripping out a tongue
is like all the same thing to Burton. That's what makes him so hilarious and frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom