• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Grisby

BeeDog said:
Started the game earlier today and managed to get to the Steel Mill. So far so good, but I still feel completely overwhelmed with stuff to explore, or figuring out what to do at all. It doesn't help that the game's so busy; the HUD/detective mode throws stuff at you all the time, and the game world is full of details which makes it hard to fine-comb anything.

The only thing I don't really dig too much at the moment is the movement of Batman. He's still a bit too tankish, which makes the exploration a bit of a hassle. Thank god for the grappling hook though, I love how easy it hooks where you want it.
It gets way more manageable. I too felt extremely overwhelmed but I kind established a pattern later on.

BeeDog

Grisby said:
It gets way more manageable. I too felt extremely overwhelmed but I kind established a pattern later on.

Glad to hear that. Guess I'm just used to the more straightforward approach of Dark Souls lately, and now this game's bombarding me with information, causing sensory overload. :p

ElyrionX

After killing a bunch of random thugs for xp, how do I force the game to auto-save so I can quit immediately and still keep the xp?

RPGCrazied

Some of the riddler trophies are fucking hard. The riddles are easy, go to spot, scan area of interest, bingo.

Like this one with 2 ? on the wall, on the other side of each other no less. Just how do you get to both of them? You hit one, you have 3 secs to go hit the other. Yeah, okay.

Lakitu said:
So... I want to get the three Riddler trophies in that room in the Subway Station. I obviously hack the device but then the floor becomes electrified... and then I die. So am I missing a gadget to get me out of that situation or is there something else that I'm not doing?

You need the Line Launcher

TimmiT

RPGCrazied said:
Some of the riddler trophies are fucking hard. The riddles are easy, go to spot, scan area of interest, bingo.

Like this one with 2 ? on the wall, on the other side of each other no less. Just how do you get to both of them? You hit one, you have 3 secs to go hit the other. Yeah, okay.
Use the explosive gel.

I've found that a lot of the more difficult at first glance Riddler puzzles require the use of gadgets that you get later in the game. That and gliding.....I hate those.

Bought it yesterday and blazed through the story mode in one day because the story (or rather the presentation of it) was so awesome.

Can't wait to go back and complete all the extras. Catwoman bits were great too, especially the care they put into it, eventhough I'm not a fan of the look or voice.

The only complaint I might have is... too much Joker?

Re: Harley at one point in the game:
Did anyone else keep tearing her gag off and putting it back on like I did? Hee hee

Re: ending
Not a comics fan, so don't know why he would want to carry Joker's dead body out like that; I'd carry the Talia's dead body instead.

Clegg

Patrick Bateman said:
Did you find the shell for the first victim? If you didn't find that, you won't be able to continue with this sidequest.
Yeah I found it.

I was just wondering why the quest hadn't progressed any further since then.

Zeliard

Oh man the Catwoman combat challenge rooms are awesome. She's so fast that you don't even need to counter during the times when you'd need to with Batman. You can just keep the unrelenting offense going. So easy to rack up 50x + combos with her.

The context-sensitive animations are something to behold as well.

Might as well rename this "Spoiler Thread" with all teh spoilers everywhere...

Anyway I'm 57% complete. So many Riddler Trophies left. Just cracked 200 I think.

Some of these are damn frustrating.

Nemesis_

Buckethead said:
Might as well rename this "Spoiler Thread" with all teh spoilers everywhere...

Anyway I'm 57% complete. So many Riddler Trophies left. Just cracked 200 I think.

Some of these are damn frustrating.

I'm really annoyed that I just got spoiled, especialy when the post in question mentioned it as if it was a freaking early game spoiler.

People are fucking stupid

Clegg

Patrick Bateman said:
Ah ok. I finished the sidequest after finishing the main story. It's quite easy to do then.
The next part just unlocked for me a few minutes ago.

There was a loud bang then I heard Oracle to telling me to investigate :)

Just finished the museum. This game is AMAZING.
Silently taking everyone out and freeing the hostages is so satisfying
. And Holy shit at that
Solumun Grundy boss fight
, serious eye candy. The whole section just sticks with you. I can't remember the magazine or site but they said the boss fights weren't much improved but they are wrong in my view.

upJTboogie said:
Just finished the museum. This game is AMAZING.
Silently taking everyone out and freeing the hostages is so satisfying
. And Holy shit at that
Solumun Grundy boss fight
, serious eye candy. The whole section just sticks with you. I can't remember the magazine or site but they said the boss fights weren't much improved but they are wrong in my view.
Well, you only have had one bossfight.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
NubInaTub said:
ahhh this is going to bug the crap out me (concerning a side mission)

So I beat Zsasz's Hideout last night, and I just noticed that it is still on my screen as if I haven't beat it yet. I got the achievement and it says the case is closed in the side mission screen, but I hate it when something like this happens, and it's not even that big of a deal. oh well.
Same shit happened to me. Irritating having it not wiped from map after completion.

Solo

Goddamn the animation in this game is SMOOTH. I love combat flows. How you can be beating on one goon, two come up from behind and you double counter those sorry sons of bitches with some absolutely BOSS looking move.

And Catwoman is even better animated than Batman. Her sliding animation is glorious.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Solo said:
Goddamn the animation in this game is SMOOTH. I love combat flows. How you can be beating on one goon, two come up from behind and you double counter those sorry sons of bitches with some absolutely BOSS looking move.

And Catwoman is even better animated than Batman. Her sliding animation is glorious.
I love some of Catwoman's animations. Everything she does flows wonderfully. My favorite is a counter of hers. She catches the thugs fist, leans back and kisses him, then slams his head into the ground.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm playing on hard and that
Mad Hatter
side mission was quite the enjoyable diversion from the main quest. The setup and bait & switch with the introduction was fantastic. Good challenge too.

I've been intentionally staying away from the side mission stuff, but if they're of that quality then I'm going to end up being even more impressed than I already am.

I'm kind of temped to go back to the
museum
to see what the
cop has for me.
It's probably a trap, but I am curious.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GQman2121 said:
I'm playing on hard and that
Mad Hatter
side mission was quite the enjoyable diversion from the main quest. The setup and bait & switch with the introduction was fantastic. Good challenge too.

I've been intentionally staying away from the side mission stuff, but if they're of that quality then I'm going to end up being even more impressed than I already am.

I'm kind of temped to go back to the
museum
to see what the
cop has for me.
It's probably a trap, but I am curious.
Do that one. It requires no effort and you get something good for completing it. All of the side missions are really cool and actually feel like they're supposed to be part of the main game.

Brandon F

upJTboogie said:
One boss fight that's much better than any boss fight AA ever had.
That was a fight? Consider me in the meh camp, but that was a pretty lame puzzle featuring a real big dude you never actually fight.

Is there a way to play as Batman Catwoman's alternate costumes in my main save file, or only in New Game +? If you can switch suits I can't figure out how to do it

Kyoufu

I hate the riddler trophy shit in this game. I realise they're optional but the city is littered with them. It's either kill thugs or collect riddles.

Meh! Lacking interesting side-quests.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr. Paer said:
Is there a way to play as Batman Catwoman's alternate costumes in my main save file, or only in New Game +? If you can switch suits I can't figure out how to do it

You can play with her TAS costume if you select TAS Batman... but I can't figure out how to use the other skins.

789shadow

Banned
Oh my fucking god, this fucking puzzle is impossible. There is no fucking way to do it. 6 Riddler switches, all on a wall, all cordoned off by fences. Fuck this game.

789shadow said:
Oh my fucking god, this fucking puzzle is impossible. There is no fucking way to do it. 6 Riddler switches, all on a wall, all cordoned off by fences. Fuck this game.
This is one of the few ones I haven't been able to figure out so far. Most of the Riddler challenges are pretty cool, but ones like these are just frustrating

Brandon F

789shadow said:

If it is the same one I am thinking of...
Use Explosive gel on bottom 3, and stand on the roof across from top three. Explode the bottom three at the same time, and on that roof you are standing, you should be able to perfectly fire off three quick-fire batarangs without the fences being in the way at the top three. Easy stuff.

789shadow

Banned
Brandon F said:
If it is the same one I am thinking of...
Use Explosive gel on bottom 3, and stand on the roof across from top three. Explode the bottom three at the same time, and on that roof you are standing, you should be able to perfectly fire off three quick-fire batarangs without the fences being in the way at the top three. Easy stuff.
Jeez, got it.

Brandon F

protonion said:
Has anyone found how to deactivate the turret cameras that guard several trophies?

280 so far... They are too many!

Disruptor tool. You should have gotten it around 30% through the story

spidye

augmented reality activated....augmented reality failed....augmented reality activated....augmented reality failed...augmented reality activated....augmented reality failed...

oh god, fuck you stupid computer

789shadow

Banned
Are you fucking kidding me game? How the hell do I blow a fuse box when there is literally no electricity anywhere?

It's the trophy behind a wall behind a floor of electrified panels.

Vire

789shadow said:
Are you fucking kidding me game? How the hell do I blow a fuse box when there is literally no electricity anywhere?

It's the trophy behind a wall behind a floor of electrified panels.
Do you complain about every Riddler trophy? Christ, they aren't that hard...

789shadow

Banned
Vire said:
Do you complain about every Riddler trophy? Christ, they aren't that hard...
I only complain about stupid ones. Like this other one that is literally just "wait 20 minutes for your disruptor to recharge enough times to deactivate all these mines." Stupid.

Top Bottom